NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

You rather me vote for you over other scum read in Haylen. Why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The Haylen scumread which I never had?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 3399, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 3398, Nero Cain wrote:Why? He's prob town 'cause scumcho was voting for him.
It's things like this which make me scumread you.
You don't have a scumread on me that's strong enough for you to vote me.
But it is strong enough to declare other people town when I vote them.
Bahzinga

this is the towniest that you have sounded all game.

but I like nero's vote cos the only player that rena asked about with her entrance was me specifically and yet she did nothing with that what you gave her which tbh, was not much, you actually tried with thor.

speaking of thor holy hell
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3402, ffullisade wrote:Bahzinga

no, that's a scum claim from Nacho.

I vote scumHaylen in 3385.

Nacho votes me 'cause we are "Both are generally solid votes." + it means that his "scum read" on Thad wasn't very strong and likely made up 'cause there was no reason to switch.

He then says "You don't have a scumread on me that's strong enough for you to vote me."

Which is totally untrue 'cause day 1 was voting him and day 2 Thez was outted scum so meh.

I then tell him that I'm voting another scum read.
Nachomamma8 wrote:The Haylen scumread which I never had?
This quote has absolutely nothing to do with anything and isn't a valid response. + it contradicts 3388. Why would he call Rena a solid vote if he didn't have a scum read?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3403, Nero Cain wrote:This quote has absolutely nothing to do with anything and isn't a valid response. + it contradicts 3388. Why would he call Rena a solid vote if he didn't have a scum read?
By both are solid votes, I meant you and ThAd.
In post 3400, Nero Cain wrote:You rather me vote for you over other scum read in Haylen. Why?
You're acting like the one on me is stronger, so I wonder why you're voting her over me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I suspect ThAd because this is the closest his slot has done to doing anything:
In post 2932, ThAdmiral wrote:Actually I'm going to claim now, because it could potentially put things in to an interesting light.
I am also in a neighbourhood with one other member. I'm not going to claim them yet, in case they don't want to be revealed. CTD's stance about their being two scum/town neighborhoods, one for each scumteam, did pique my interest. I've seen the like before, although in this case I think my neighbour is town. Would it make sense for two separate random neighbourhoods though, containing entirely town?
And it's horrible. The fact that he keeps the person who shares the neighborhood with him secret in case they "want to keep it secret" feels like he's trying to exacerbate the CTD/Slandaar situation so CTD makes a stronger push on Slandaar still. DEsperado's neighbor claim afterwards feels more natural with the "I'm a neighbor too!" without any of the added bullshit this claim has.
In post 3229, ThAdmiral wrote:I did start to question my neighbor's alignment. Let me put it this way - I tend to think they are town based on what they have said in this game and in the neighborhood thread, but on a game theory basis if there were 2 neighborhoods it would stand to reason that they were both infiltrated by scum.

Now that we know there are three once again it is likely that 2 of them have been infiltrated by scum. I think we are agreeing on the main points here. I actually think all the neighbours should claim so it is all out in the open, especially since we have mostly claimed anyway. I'm not claiming my partner because, I don't know, I guess its sort of rude to do it rather than let them claim themselves?

fuck it. It's peregrine.
And the fact that the only reason he didn't want to claim his neighbor is because it seems rude is a bit irrational and doesn't really work from his mindset. If he's looking to catch all of the scum from the neighborhoods, why isn't he open about throwing his partner out into the wild with him in order to be judged with the rest of the town? THAT reluctance seems like he's not willing to draw Peregrine's ire at all, which makes a lot more sense than "oh I was just trying to be polite".

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Post by Slandaar »

VOTE: AK
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay, I want to hear Nero Cain's Haylen/Rena case. Is it more than just "no scumhunting"?

Also:
@moderator: If Haylen is going to post as Rena, can we officially change the VCs to read Rena instead of Haylen?

<<< Her choice. I'll ask. >>>
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:06 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 3405, Nachomamma8 wrote:And the fact that the only reason he didn't want to claim his neighbor is because it seems rude is a bit irrational and doesn't really work from his mindset. If he's looking to catch all of the scum from the neighborhoods, why isn't he open about throwing his partner out into the wild with him in order to be judged with the rest of the town? THAT reluctance seems like he's not willing to draw Peregrine's ire at all, which makes a lot more sense than "oh I was just trying to be polite".
I guess I'm just more polite than you give me credit for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's clear about yesterdays lynch is that thezmon was going down, and it was obvious that he was going down. The smart play would be to bus, and I think there is a very high chance that happened here. To add to this I believe that mafia are more likely to self-hammer if their own members are voting them already (I don't actually have any proof to back this up, but it's a hypothesis that I think would be interesting to explore - maybe I'll do that some time). Apart from that it would also make sense for any opposing team scum, assuming there is one, to get on - not only do they get "townpoints" for lynching scum, they also are able to push through an easy lynch.

As such here is the final thezmon wagon:

thezmon221 - 11 (Bacde, Desperado, Kublai Khan, Nero Cain, EddieFenix, Nachomamma8, Cephrir, ThAdmiral, Slandaar, Seanald, thezmon221)

From the list I can take myself off, as well as thezmon and eddie fenix.

That leaves:
Bacde
Desperado
KK
Nero
Nacho
Cephrir
Slandaar
Seanald

First off the list is Bacde. He is pretty clearly not bluescum, and while he could be redscum he has certainly earned a reprieve.

Desperado was someone who I was willing to lynch day one as I think he was the bets option out of the main wagons. I'd still be pretty happy to lynch him, but there are probably others I would lynch first.

Nero - Normally I have a read on nero one way or the other, but I don't really have strong feelings about him in this game. I mean most of his posts are quite short, which I guess is not that normal for him, but I don't necessarily think that is a scumtell. Having a look at his iso and there are a few things I noticed. In 467 he says: "RYU defending OS hard here...". To me that doesn't feel like something you'd say about a scumpartner. He also further argues with red ryu about stuff - I mean it could have been distancing, but I don't think it is. Yeah, he can get a pass for now.

Slandaar I actually think is town. I don't see the sense in a scum plan to tunnel town-thor almost the entire game, unless he thought he might have been opposing team scum. He was also one of the first people to push for a thez lynch day one, so he gets some points for that.

KK looks pretty bad to me. He voted red ryu earlier in day one without much explanation, and didn't really push it all that much, which could easily be distancing. He then is very happy to move over to oversoul, which he does push through to lynch. Day 2 he was reluctant to get on the thezmon wagon, debating it with Bacde for a number of posts. That being said he was one of the first to actually vote thezmon, but I still think this could be a bus vote.

Fuck it, I'll do nacho, ceph and seanald later. So much reading required!

I will just note, however, that the people who got off the thez wagon get townpoints for me. I don't see much point in trying to get off a wagon of a scumbuddy that is almost certainly going down. Therefore fullisade, amethyst and crashtextdummy get points.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:13 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 3402, ffullisade wrote:
In post 3398, Nero Cain wrote:Why? He's prob town 'cause scumcho was voting for him.
Bahzinga

but I like nero's vote cos the only player that rena asked about with her entrance was me specifically and yet she did nothing with that what you gave her which tbh, was not much, you actually tried with thor.

speaking of thor holy hell
oh my god you are scratching and clawing to find reasons to call nacho town

look, I want him to be town too

but he's not
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 3408, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 3405, Nachomamma8 wrote: Desperado was someone who I was willing to lynch day one as I think he was the bets option out of the main wagons. I'd still be pretty happy to lynch him, but there are probably others I would lynch first.

I will just note, however, that the people who got off the thez wagon get townpoints for me. I don't see much point in trying to get off a wagon of a scumbuddy that is almost certainly going down. Therefore fullisade, amethyst and crashtextdummy get points.
Please tell me more about how you're bullshitting everything
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Bacde »

no idea why that post says nachomamma8, it was from thAd
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 3397, Kublai Khan wrote:
Vote: Bacde

Wanna hear Nachomamma8's ThAdmiral case first though.
lol alright
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

Your analysis is wrong ThAd;
Its not townpoints they should get but nonblue points.

You may think 'why would they move off a wagon not on their buddy as redscum?' there are many reasons mainly though you just need to realise redscum were hunting bluescum so if they were redscum who decided thez wasn't bluescum they would move off the wagon unless one of their buddies was in some kind of danger (not the case thez's days were numbered) afterall if they think thez is town they don't want to be part of what they think is a mislynch.

I do completely agree those who moved off are not bluescum though.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Bacde »

I asked nacho why he scumread nero

and he couldn't answer with an example until AFTER I asked

Was he looking for WHY nero was scum BEFORE I asked? Nope

Is nero easy to push on because he's not very charismatic? Yup

thAd and Nacho are probably different teams, since nacho is blue

I'm willing to lynch thAd today but nacho is going to be impossible to lynch and win this game for blue unless you idiots lynch him
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 3413, Slandaar wrote:Your analysis is wrong ThAd;
Its not townpoints they should get but nonblue points.

You may think 'why would they move off a wagon not on their buddy as redscum?' there are many reasons mainly though you just need to realise redscum were hunting bluescum so if they were redscum who decided thez wasn't bluescum they would move off the wagon unless one of their buddies was in some kind of danger (not the case thez's days were numbered) afterall if they think thez is town they don't want to be part of what they think is a mislynch.

I do completely agree those who moved off are not bluescum though.
Yes, thAd is smart enough to know this

He even mentioned that I get "notblue" points, but could be red

why is it then that the others who unvoted the wagon get townpoints instead of "notblue" points?

Oh, its because he's bullshitting
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3408, ThAdmiral wrote:KK looks pretty bad to me. He voted red ryu earlier in day one without much explanation, and didn't really push it all that much, which could easily be distancing. He then is very happy to move over to oversoul, which he does push through to lynch. Day 2 he was reluctant to get on the thezmon wagon, debating it with Bacde for a number of posts. That being said he was one of the first to actually vote thezmon, but I still think this could be a bus vote.
I'm a forceful player. I could have easily killed the thezmon221 lynch if I wanted to. Instead I gave it life.

Are you suggesting that I'm bluescum because I voted-bussed one partner (Red Ryu), then power bussed another? For town-cred? In a likely multiball setup?

Either tell me this is what you're saying or get a grip and read this game. A lazy ThAdmiral is a scum ThAdmiral.

P.edit: Oh, others said basically the same idea.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 3416, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm a forceful player. I could have easily killed the thezmon221 lynch if I wanted to. Instead I gave it life.
I doubt that.

Vote: ThAdmiral
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Pfft.

Hey, where'd ThAdmiral go?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Didn't see that before, but re:, yes, I'm ThAd's neighbor. He's town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 3419, PeregrineV wrote:Didn't see that before, but re:, yes, I'm ThAd's neighbor. He's town.
Something in your QT that we don't know about?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:49 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3420, Desperado wrote:
In post 3419, PeregrineV wrote:Didn't see that before, but re:, yes, I'm ThAd's neighbor. He's town.
Something in your QT that we don't know about?
Yeah. The people we replaced had pretty much confirmed it before we even got there. I agree with them, so here we are.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Desperado »

You're going to have to be more specific. DLG and ActionDan had confirmed themselves as town before the game had even started?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:56 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1371, Hanzo_5 wrote:I wonder what the mafia to town ratio is?

D1 is not my day. I read mosy everyone as null. anyone can play to appear town. which is why we even have town reads. The lynch and reasoning behind it is all that will stand out to me.

@Thezmon

Your reasonless list is nothing but filler. To paraphrase you, you said "Hey im here and im doing stuff, Im not done yet so it looks like im not doing anything".

Im bringing this to light because I see it as fluff and everyone else should too.

I dont know why your fluffy. But I dont care for it. Your life no linger matters to me. Plz fix that.
Also, Thad is scum because Hanzo is scum for ^^^this and ActionDan was scum for his reaction to the pre-day 1 stuff.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:06 am

Post by mastin2 »

Since it was asked of me--I'll be trying to fill in the gaps my VCs have had, and when I have done so, I will edit this post to announce all the changes I have made. However, it will have to wait for a short while.

First Round of Edits:

There are vote histories on Page 96 now.
There are vote histories in votecount 50 now.
There are vote histories in votecount 51 now.
There are vote histories in votecount 52 now.
There are vote histories on the top of page 113 now.
There are vote histories in this votecount, and the voting history for D1 does not change after that.

Additionally, this post has been edited to show mod-edited votecounts which were not present before today.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”