Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 324, fferyllt wrote:Pjovik is not the person with the most posts in the thread. I think the spam complaints are a little overblown.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... rt_order=d
My point didn't have anything to do with how much spam he personally did or did not post, or even how much exists in the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:41 am

Post by fferyllt »

So, that reads list. I don't usually give detailed reads at this point in a game, and I'm sorely tempted to tell you to piss up a tree, Tierce. But, in the interest of helping you and others get a sense of my game I'm cooperating. Though, I am pretty sure that a quick scan through the completed town and scum games listed on my wiki page would be perhaps shed a little light. I'll caution, though, that my MS game-face is still evolving based on how things go game-by-game. Play as a hydra has also had an impact. I tend to be the quieter partner. I'm used to drawing early day 1 suspicions for my play here. I've toned down the aggressiveness some since my earliest town games, but I'm not sure that aggressive play was what set teeth on edge initially, anyway.

Syr's one of the lynchpins in my reads atm. I've played several games with him, though all have been town games, and I've seen a fairly wide range of town-Syr behaviors in the various games. From meta, I know that his scum game is not easy to spot, and it's possible I'm missing it here, but I kinda doubt it. For now I'm considering him town. Nacho seems to be influencing his game, and I think I am seeing some of that influence in his play this time - specifically the tempo of his dance with Tammy and his conclusion that she's town. Based on my own generic thumbnails I haven't seen anything to counter the Tammy read. In fact, her relaxed playfulness and scattershot posting fits one town thumbnail pretty well.

So, to his reads list:
In post 99, Syryana wrote:
In post 98, MattP wrote:1) Im happy you're townreading people but don't set a precedent for stupidity, syryana respects you a lot and if you keep doing that he may start making reads lists
Reads lists!

Town: Tammy, Tierce, Enomis

Probably Town: Zdenek

Not Town: Eggplant, Matt, fery, Pjo

No clue: Errbody else
I accepted Tierce and Enomis based on not seeing anything particularly scummy looking in their posts at the time, but have since firmed up my own thoughts

Tierce is pushing people for explanations - well, some people. She hasn't pushed me for anything but reads. Her concern about the whimsical eggplant bandwagon looks townish-MS since there's an expectation that if a person doesn't come back and answer questions they will be replaced. MS-acclimated scum on the other hand might be more interested in pushing that bandwagon through.

Enomis' quick jump on Whimsical's potential slip looks either hyper-vigilant town or possibly (lower likelihood imo) scum who has had similar thoughts or conversations. But, the concern when this bandwagon took off, the check on other postings and pointing up the possibility of a quick mobile catch-up looks like a town player worried about a bandwagon suddenly picking up an unusual amount of steam, and trying to apply brakes.

So, my counter-to-the-prevailing-winds reads of mrbungle and pjovik.

They both play on a site where game days are short - 48 hours, I think, and although majority lynch is often the format, from what I've seen reaching 50% + 1 does not end the game day. Players can run the bandwagon beyond that threshold and back down.

I learned mafia on sites with 12-24 hour game days and plurality lynch. At MS, due to still not quite getting all the nuances of majority lynch ending the day, I tend to be either way overcautious about bandwagons or sometimes leap with alarming speed on a fast moving wagon. If you want examples of games where I've done one or the other, let me know and I'll provide links. Overall, I'm tending toward over-cautious at MS, but want to add back some assertiveness because I believe I'm more effective that way.

Anyway, that's a bit of a digression but it's important because it's why I am pretty good at reading players from similar backgrounds. But, I have some concern that I default to thinking the background-influenced style is town.

The MS norm of inactive players being eventually replaced is not a universal thing. pjovik plays where that assumption is not valid. IMO, pjovik's attitude toward the whimsical eggplant wagon is shaped by his mafia background, and I'm reading it as town in this context. I also am reading his gambiting as town. In the newbie game I linked and mentioned earlier he gambited with some posts that look anti-town on the face of it, quickly rounded on the people who reacted, and had a dramatic effect, ending what is fondly known as rvs in these parts.

I think his play in this game had similar effect.

re bungles, as I've said, the paranoia doesn't surprise me since this is our first time starting a game together, though I guess it does disappoint me a little. I've had the impression that I'm an easy read for him and others who who play the game offsite, which has been kinda refreshing. His low participation would be worrying me, but when I let him know about this game in sign-ups he mentioned that he would not be around much if the game started up soon. And it did start up soon.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:45 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 325, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 324, fferyllt wrote:Pjovik is not the person with the most posts in the thread. I think the spam complaints are a little overblown.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... rt_order=d
My point didn't have anything to do with how much spam he personally did or did not post, or even how much exists in the game.
Could you restate your point? It seems to have something to do with minimizing spam. Does it have to do with pjovik's stated intent not to post for a day?

Idic
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Read 286 in response to 285.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 287, Tierce wrote: Tammy: if we can get you to see the obvious (hi--I'm Town! ^__^), you, Syryana and I could probably do something awesome with this game.
I was leaning that way, but your posts were ones I wanted to read through again to be sure. But I like this, it has that "hey idiot, can't you tell I'm town yet cuz you should!" quality that I like. (not that I think you'd call me an idiot in an insulting way, but you probably get my point.)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 328, Zachrulez wrote:Read 286 in response to 285.
I guess I'm still confused about the spamming complaint in the first place. Was it because he made a series of posts in a row? He's not the only person to do that.

The early exchange between Tammy and Syr was actually more thread-filling, though I realize it firmed up reads for those two.

Idic
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It's because in 285 he tried to minimize the impact of spam in the game. Not sure how that point isn't clear. I didn't say he was doing it the most or that he himself was spamming, I said he was minimizing it's impact.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 287, Tierce wrote:
In post 223, Katsuki wrote: http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 6&sr=posts

So what exactly is wrong with L-1, tierce?
Yes Kats there is everything right with putting someone with a single post on L-1 just because they made two meager posts elsewhere. You're absolutely correct, my bad, I should never have spoken up against the recklessness of this wagon.

Has anyone even bothered to look through Whimsical Eggplant's posts outside this game, other than those two? Because I did. The florid, overdone style of writing isn't a particular characteristic of this game, nor is chiding someone on mechanics
on one post
. Yes, he posted twice elsewhere since his (first and) last post here, and there was no follow-up in this game. Hold your horses, dammit. If the player doesn't post, they are due for a replacement at 11 pm Eastern, so if nothing else Vi should have a replacement lined up tomorrow morning.

Lynch the witch purge it with fire omg
two whole posts elsewhere
!

Surprise, I'm already annoyed 12 pages in.
It's really just icing on top of his prior scumminess.

This is quite the over-reaction for a point that's not even entirely central to why whimsy was being voted for in the first place (but it is something nice to staple to on top of all things given).

If you could also explain your syry townread it would also be nice as I've never played with him before and I find him scummy.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm guessing he's never played a game with buldermar. XD

I'm sensitive to the complaint because my style of interaction/townhunting/scumhunting is partially analysis of posts but also highly dependent on conversational mode in the game thread, which annoys the fuck out of some players. I try to be sensitive to the concerns.

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 293, enomis wrote:
In post 289, Zdenek wrote:
@Tammy: What do you think of Whimsical plant?

------------------------------------------------------

I am getting the feeling that whimsical would be replaced and we can't question him further on his post. Hurray!
Pretty much the same thing I thought in my reply. I don't know anything about him other than what I read in a gd thread about ongoing games, so i dont know what to expect. I dont like his first post, but without follow up, im not sure. I was thinking something different than what has been brought up about the potential slip. I'll keep that until he either responds or is replaced though.

What is weird about him potentially getting replaced though is that in the sign ups he was giving katsuki a bit of a hard time about playing but possibly replacing out. He said he wouldn't barring external circumstances and talked about how he really wanted to play, so him being gone is eh.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 334, Tammy wrote:What is weird about him potentially getting replaced though is that in the sign ups he was giving katsuki a bit of a hard time about playing but possibly replacing out. He said he wouldn't barring external circumstances and talked about how he really wanted to play, so him being gone is eh.
I never looked at the signup page much after actually signing up. Now I think I should.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Katsuki »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

==============[ ]?

^^b

(completely forgot about that and I'm not being spiteful at all or anything)
btw this better not be one of those 80pg D1 games lurking and skipping half the game is not fun
I really want a lynch
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 297, Tierce wrote:
In post 296, Zdenek wrote:Oh, and if Whimsical is replaced, we should speed lynch that slot. He signed up for another game, so it's not as though he's avoiding posting because of a general lack of time.
He did not. He asked for (dead) QT access. That's far different. Don't you dare to speedlynch that slot.

And I know you're Town. But I want you (and others) to look for the answer yourself. I want to see your thought process.
I see I misread /qt for /in. I'd still lynch that slot.

As for why I think you're voting ffrey, there are two reasons that I can think of. One of them is secret, and the other is his vote on W. Egg. and the fact that he got the L-? count wrong when he made it.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 335, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 334, Tammy wrote:What is weird about him potentially getting replaced though is that in the sign ups he was giving katsuki a bit of a hard time about playing but possibly replacing out. He said he wouldn't barring external circumstances and talked about how he really wanted to play, so him being gone is eh.
I never looked at the signup page much after actually signing up. Now I think I should.
Sorry I misread. It was katsuki who said he wouldn't be replacing out barring external circumstances and wanted to play. It was in response to him asking why he was playing if he would replace out. Drrrr.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:56 am

Post by fferyllt »

I am not a he.

Idic
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Everyone on mafiascum is a he.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Tammy »

All right...leaning town on zach, but that should become easier to nail down in the coming days. I also don't think the ffery wagon is a great wagon, but I'd like to hear syryana's read on her since I know they're hydraing. I'll probably look up a game or two of hers when I have some time after work tomorrow. (damn you empire, do you see what you've done to me?)

I know I've still got my rvs vote on Matt, but I really don't feel comfortable moving it. I also don't know who else I would want to move it to at the moment. I feel like I have a couple decent town reads, some leaning town reads, but not a whole lot of leads for scum. That's probably because I've read this so quickly though. There are some things I want to look into, which won't happen until tomorrow after work. Maybe then I can nail down my thoughts on Matt and explain it.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 332, Katsuki wrote:
If you could also explain your syry townread it would also be nice as I've never played with him before and I find him scummy.
Tierce ignore this.

Ffery
, could you explain it for me?

I somehow got you guys' avatars mixed up..
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 338, Tammy wrote:
In post 335, Zachrulez wrote:
Sorry I misread. It was katsuki who said he wouldn't be replacing out barring external circumstances and wanted to play. It was in response to him asking why he was playing if he would replace out. Drrrr.
But he still harped on the replacement thing! /witchhunt
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 am

Post by fferyllt »

@Katsuki, did you read the Syry part of that gawdawful wall I posted at the top of this page?

Idic
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count VIII

:right:
Whimsical Eggplant (5)
~ Katsuki, enomis, Oversoul, Zachrulez, Pjovek
fferyllt (3)
~ MattP, mrbungle, Tierce
Zachrulez (2)
~ implosion, Syryana
Pjovek (2)
~ Zdenek, sword_of_omens
Tammy (1)
~ Whimsical Eggplant
MattP (1)
~ Tammy

Not Voting:
fferyllt

--With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(89%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:35 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 344, fferyllt wrote:@Katsuki, did you read the Syry part of that gawdawful wall I posted at the top of this page?
Katsuki doesn't read walls unless they're about cupcakes :P
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 344, fferyllt wrote:@Katsuki, did you read the Syry part of that gawdawful wall I posted at the top of this page?
All I saw was various town-syry behaviour in various games, and scum-game being hard to mask.

What about this game makes him/her/it town?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 346, Tammy wrote:
Katsuki doesn't read walls unless they're about cupcakes :P
>.>
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 347, Katsuki wrote:
All I saw was various town-syry behaviour in various games, and scum-game being hard to mask.

What about this game makes him/her/it town?
Him. I have a pretty detailed baseline at this point after playing 3 completed games...maybe more, I could be forgetting a game or two, and reading a few games on meta dives. We've also discussed a lot of mafia theory and approach while planning to play some games as a hydra. I am not absolutely certain I'd spot his scum game. But, I feel like this game so far is so well within the space of that baseline that I'm ok calling him town for now.

I'm not shy about changing my reads on people. If I change my mind, you'll know.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”