Newbie 1381 Oakhaven is Overrun Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 am

Post by talah »

I think that was a couple votes off, since Tybalt and I changed votes at the last L-2.

VOTE: JMO
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Um. Please, look at morthax. Not me.

Look at the reasoning for her last vote.

I don't even understand the reasoning for YOUR vote.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 am

Post by talah »

Claim.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 275, talah wrote:I think that was a couple votes off, since Tybalt and I changed votes at the last L-2.

Yeah, so why all the sudden change?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:43 am

Post by talah »

Read the thread. Claim.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:45 am

Post by jmo16mla »

No. There is no intent to hammer me. Why would I need to claim?

You just had a brilliant reason to vote who? Thane? Now it's back on me?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:46 am

Post by mothrax »

In post 274, jmo16mla wrote:Morthax is scum.
Trust me on this one

VOTE: morthax

How is my vote bad? You keep bringing up me using the ic excuse, I said it was difficult.

You're pushing non reasons that don't point me towards being scum and I'm not liking it.

At all.
Because you haven't once mentioned mala as possibly being scum, you didn't include any reasoning with your vote, and you haven't followed up with it at all.

It's funny to me that once multiple people accuse you of tunneling you switch your vote.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:49 am

Post by mothrax »

Also, its pretty obvious you aren't really reading very carefully, since I stated fairly obviously that I'm a dude. And that you can't spell my name.

Nice OMGUS though. You go from not mentioning me as a scum spect to "Mothrax is defo scum guys" after I vote you.
Oh wait... You did that to Mala too... Well, the same concept at least.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:50 am

Post by talah »

More votes for jaymo please. Currently at L-2 by my count.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:52 am

Post by talah »

Please check before voting.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:56 am

Post by jmo16mla »

I voted mala to pressure her? Never said she's defo scum.

Your play has been bad mothrax. And I read. Kay.

I suggest no one vote me because I'm at l-1

This is some shit. I don't have time to deal with your ignorant accusations. ALL OF THEM ARE ABOUT ME BEING THE IC. You're really pissing me off.

It's pretty easy to call scum out when you're getting Waggoned because you see when people jump on you for shit reasons. JUST. LIKE. YOU. DID. I've called scum correctly in this very manner, many times, so stop trying to discount my claim for calling you scum.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:59 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 284, talah wrote:Please check before voting.
On you shut up. You already told people I'm at l-2 so vote me, you can't retract that.

I'm going take my father to the hospital. I'd rather NOT be hammered by then.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:04 am

Post by mothrax »

In post 267, mothrax wrote:I'm still happy with my reads. Honeybee, are you sure youre a newb?

@Talah: what benifit to town does posting things like the play, and other various, mostly unnecessary walls have?

@JMO: We all know what you think of that one slot who I cant remeber who is in it now... (GEN?) but who else could be scum... what are your other reads?

I feel like JMO has made a lot of excuses for his play without doing anything about it. He is tunneling and not really contributing and he is blaming activity
and first time ICing... Lots of other people manage to IC just fine their first time while playing to their wincon... I can even dig up my old one if I must... but I would look to people like Nachomamma and Thor...

pedit! whoo...
I boldes the parts that had nothing to do with you being an IC for you... There's more around here too...
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:07 am

Post by mothrax »

In post 146, mothrax wrote:Deadline is in 10ish days. All the vitecounts have a countdown tag in them, so they all reflect the actual deadline not the deadline at the time of that post.

As for scumreads other than Grey, I would be down with a Talah lynch today. I was super unimpressed with Luigi's reaction to the RVS stuff and Talah since replacing in has pulled some interesting vote shenanigans. Voted Mala, now calls her town, pulled the whole "quasi-RVS" grey vote, etc...

The rest are all null or town...

JMO is nullscum. I'm not really happy with the way he has been pressuring players, it all seems very forced and half hearted to
me.
Oh hey... This is defo about you being an IC...

(I'm sorry to hear about your father, hope everything is alright...)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:09 am

Post by talah »

I'm pretty sure you're at L-2. I'm voting because of no scumhunting, no threadreading, which you'd know if you read the thread.

Why not just claim? Rather than drag it out?
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Hyperion »

I am willing to hammer (if he is at L1 I have no idea) in a few hours once he claims.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:18 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 289, talah wrote:I'm pretty sure you're at L-2. I'm voting because of no scumhunting, no threadreading, which you'd know if you read the thread.

Because claiming, is anti town.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Hyperion »

But its Not?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Okay. I'm going to iso everyone tonight and go from there. No excuses.

Yes, we have short time but even if I'm lynched I think town can fare well and win.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Honey bee »

Well that happened.

First off he's at l-2. Tybalt unvoted him for grey, and talah/mothrax/gen are voting him now.

Claims are usually given when someone is threatening to hammer, which is not right now.
In post 255, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: mala

Care to dance?
In post 285, jmo16mla wrote:I voted mala to pressure her?
You pressured her to dance? Usually, when you pressure someone, you want them to answer to something. I'm not seeing that.
In post 285, jmo16mla wrote: It's pretty easy to call scum out when you're getting Waggoned because you see when people jump on you for shit reasons. JUST. LIKE. YOU. DID. I've called scum correctly in this very manner, many times, so stop trying to discount my claim for calling you scum.
Mothrax was suspicious of you for a while and for the lack of content you've provided you shouldn't be surprised. Is it really your excuse that you can't identify scum until you're bandwagoned? There is no inconsistency in his read and that vote was really off looking.
Trust me on this one
Also please stop it with the ethos cred. Your words should defend you not your experience.
In post 259, talah wrote: VOTE: Tybalt

You never explained unvoting JMO at the time and you are tarring he and myself with the same brush. That's bewildering without an explanation and you backed down from HB's interrogation without any 'defence' but rather a few apologetic sentences and a 'Please don't put words in my mouth' statement which comes across as a non-statement.
In post 275, talah wrote: VOTE: JMO
:| Do you wanna pressure him or not? You said you were convinced jmo was scum.
In post 270, Hyperion wrote:Tunneling, no other defined reads outside of his one of Thane (now Gen?). In general this is bad, but for an IC, you are really teaching these newbies nothing. Leaning scum
Does that second part really have to do with how suspicious he is? Also I notice this is the only definite scum read you have, while 5 other people you sound pretty confident is town.

What do you like about Tybalt's analysis? I've made a couple of posts about his analysis. Do you disagree with me?
In post 267, mothrax wrote: Honeybee, are you sure youre a newb?
I've played mafia games elsewhere, So I do know what I'm doing (⌐■_■).
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 259, talah wrote:I'll even go one better:

VOTE: Tybalt

*snip*

That puts you at L-2 Tybalt.
Post 259 you vote Tybalt. Then (as shown below) post 275 you vote JMO. What change in 16 posts that your opinion went from Tybalt to JMO other than the fact a wagon was forming?? i know you said no scumhunting and no reading of the thread but you seemed so adamant about Tybalt.
In post 264, mothrax wrote:alright....

anywho...

Im in the process of catching up...
Welcome Hyperion and Gen...

I'm male, just so ya know, guys... the avatar is left over from a modern family UPick I played in like... 2 years ago...
Thank you :)

Ya flip she is hot, one of the only reasons I watch modern Fam. Off-topic sorry :)
Trust me on this one

VOTE: morthax

How is my vote bad? You keep bringing up me using the ic excuse, I said it was difficult.

You're pushing non reasons that don't point me towards being scum and I'm not liking it.

At all.
If I am going to be honest, I do not trust you so I do not think I will be voting Moth anytime soon. I have to laugh because you vote Mala no reason, and now you vote Mothrax no reason but then when questioned you don't offer an explanation either. Is this just another one of your pressure tests that you are doing to everyone. Your play just gets worse and worse.

(I also hope everything is ok with your father.)
In post 275, talah wrote:I think that was a couple votes off, since Tybalt and I changed votes at the last L-2.

This is here to emphasize my above point about your vote changing so quickly.
In post 291, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 289, talah wrote:I'm pretty sure you're at L-2. I'm voting because of no scumhunting, no threadreading, which you'd know if you read the thread.

Because claiming, is anti town.
Talah, another off play from you. You do not want someone claiming before they have to? Only when there is intent to hammer must JMO claim. I do not see why you would encourage an early claim? Please explain yourself.

Claiming isn't anti town?
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 280, jmo16mla wrote:No. There is no intent to hammer me. Why would I need to claim?

You just had a brilliant reason to vote who? Thane? Now it's back on me?
it's clear you are not reading the game properly, firstly Thane is no longer playing and secondly he voted for Tybalt?

Hyperion, shot for your opinions but they seem very brief, other than the Mala one. I would like to see your case for Tybalt town though please?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:19 am

Post by jmo16mla »

That's why I questioned who? Thane? I knew it was with a t. It was on the previous page and I've been phone posting. Kay.
tybalt
tybalt
Townie
tybalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 am

Post by tybalt »

First of all Talah, you give me 70 minutes to respond before voting me?

Also, you are aware JMO is at L-2 yet you are asking him to claim? I don't have much forum experience, but I'm pretty sure you claim at L-1.
In post 258, talah wrote: What is it that caused you to change your vote away from JMO?
Why did you then vote Greywing?
What are your assessments of other players?
First, Jmo is town in my opinion. He's acting anti-town, but not like scum, if that makes sense.
I also read some of his other games, and it honestly seems in character for him.

Second I voted greywing because of his bs gut read on moth.

Third, I will post a reads post after this.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by talah »

@tybalt: I was perhaps a bit unclear. What made you switch your vote away from JMO with such realisation that he was town? You had good arguments for him being scum prior to that and then suddenly drop it with no explanation. Please explain?
It would be good to get a reads post.

@gen: Actually, I was under the impression that people claimed at L-2 with intent to hammer up to L-1, to avoid scumbuddies from dropping the hammer and silencing the target. On reflection it's probably a non-issue in this type of game with only 2 Mafia. Additionally JMO himself posted that I should ask for a claim when I put him at L-2 prior to Tybalt removing his vote. Although I may have misunderstood that post.
Regarding flipping from JMO to Tybalt and back, that's exactly what I did, perhaps you missed the sequence of events and the relative weight of my arguments for each of them. I want JMO to claim because he's wasting everyone's time and until he does claim it's a big anti-focus sitting there staring at everyone. When he got off L-2 I decided Tybalt should have a chance to feel the heat. When Mothrax voted JMO I switched back because i want to hear his claim.
I disagree in this instance that asking JMO for a claim, early or not, is anti-town.

@HB: Yes I want to pressure Tybalt, but that pressure would have been quite weak and transparent, given the content of the previous post. JMO is my preferred lynch. Please someone put him at L-1.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”