Newbie 1381 Oakhaven is Overrun Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

At least I've me time to iso everyone. Damn. Why are you in such a hurry to mislynch?
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Greywing »

In post 273, mothrax wrote:
In post 255, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: mala

Care to dance?
This vote is really really bad.

Vote: JMO

That's
l-1
I agree with Jmo. Scum caught.

VOTE: Mothrax

I don't believe Jmo's scum. This is a scum-driven wagon and Mothrax fell for Jmo's bait (the vote on Mala.) Mothrax's vote was so blatantly opportunistic.

I'd wager that the other scum is on this wagon too and pushing it heavily: one of Talah/GenWolf.
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
: 3-1
Mafia
Independent
: 0-0
Overall
: 6-2
Times Lynched
: 4
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by talah »

Surely you can see that everyone wondering whether or not you're town a couple of days before deadline, is bad for town. I'd think it would be up to you to do a better job of proving your authenticity if you were playing a town role.

mothrax I think I bungled badly and could have had a claim by now, if that's what happened with the L-1 before. He wasn't reading. Sorry.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by talah »

Welcome back Grey. Another bafflingly imprecise analysis.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Greywing »

Why, Talah? Know something I don't?
Show

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
Overall
Times Lynched
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by talah »

I'm guessing that's rhetoric. Your accusations don't make sense.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Greywing »

In post 302, talah wrote:mothrax I think I bungled badly and could have had a claim by now, if that's what happened with the L-1 before. He wasn't reading. Sorry.
Am I reading this correctly and you believe Moth tried to fakeclaim L-1 in order to get an early claim from Jmo?
Show

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
Overall
Times Lynched
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by talah »

Yep. In looking back I'm thinking he agreed the claim was necessary and provided the opportunity for it to happen.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by talah »

Have a think about it champ, I'll wait.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Greywing »

That doesn't worry you?

Claims really only benefit scum on Day 1, in my opinion. If the player is a Town PR, he's getting killed that night and we get no information from them. Vanilla Townies will claim VT, in which case they still die. Scum will claim either VT, or a PR. Either way, they still die by lynch on either Day 1 or 2.
Show

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
Overall
Times Lynched
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by talah »

Not a bit. What PR could he possibly credibly claim? A PR needs more information, not less, to know what night action to take. So he claims VT and we move on.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by mothrax »

In post 306, Greywing wrote:
In post 302, talah wrote:mothrax I think I bungled badly and could have had a claim by now, if that's what happened with the L-1 before. He wasn't reading. Sorry.
Am I reading this correctly and you believe Moth tried to fakeclaim L-1 in order to get an early claim from Jmo?
False. So many quick votes and unvotes flying around and I missed them. I looked at the last Votecount and reskimmed the few pages and thought it was l-1. I wasn't pushing for a claim and in fact never even said "JMO claims" I stated l-1 because its common curtesy.

And Grey, that would be nice if JMO had said his vote on mala was a gambit, but he didn't. It was a legit vote and it was scummy.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Greywing »

mothrax wrote:False. So many quick votes and unvotes flying around and I missed them. I looked at the last Votecount and reskimmed the few pages and thought it was l-1. I wasn't pushing for a claim and in fact never even said "JMO claims" I stated l-1 because its common curtesy.

And Grey, that would be nice if JMO had said his vote on mala was a gambit, but he didn't. It was a legit vote and it was scummy.
Fair enough. I didn't get that on my initial reading of it, hence why I asked the question of Talah.

Right, because you would have voted him if he announced that the vote was a gambit. Nice try.
talah wrote:Not a bit. What PR could he possibly credibly claim? A PR needs more information, not less, to know what night action to take. So he claims VT and we move on.
Well, we have four potential PR types in the game, depending on which setup is chosen. You clearly have no idea of how claiming works. Regardless, I believe Moth's explanation, so I'm dropping this discussion.
Show

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
Overall
Times Lynched
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by talah »

Care to discuss anything else? Tybalt maybe?
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Greywing »

I don't like how he's been sticking to the sidelines and not doing a whole lot other than defending himself from Honey. He had a small attack on Jmo, and then flipped to me for a silly reason. There are better candidates in my opinion, but I was willing to sheep Honey and vote him if that was how the rest of Town wanted to go. But yeah, I could definitely see him being scum.

I want to know why you view Moth as Town. As I said earlier, I've had a bad feeling about him for awhile, but I couldn't really pick out anything specifically why.
Show

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
Overall
Times Lynched
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by talah »

I'm going to have to play the mirrored impression card here. I'm not sure but he 'seems' genuine.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Morthax's vote was highly opportunistic. He had absolutely no insight on why I voted mala, yet he calle it a terrible reason. Everyone, where did I state a reason for my vote before mothrax's vote? Exactly. He tried to justify his vote on me hoping no one would notice his bad reasoning. Il continue my case tonight.
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Greywing »

@Jmo: Since it looks like you're dying today, who would be your other choice as scum?
Show

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
Mafia
Independent
Overall
Times Lynched
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

I haven't given up yet bud. Hold on.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by mothrax »

In post 312, Greywing wrote:
mothrax wrote:False. So many quick votes and unvotes flying around and I missed them. I looked at the last Votecount and reskimmed the few pages and thought it was l-1. I wasn't pushing for a claim and in fact never even said "JMO claims" I stated l-1 because its common curtesy.

Fair enough. I didn't get that on my initial reading of it, hence why I asked the question of Talah.

Right, because you would have voted him if he announced that the vote was a gambit. Nice try.
since then he has said it was a pressure vote, even after I voted for him. I'm not buying your whole "it was obviously a gambit" spiel...

talah wrote:Not a bit. What PR could he possibly credibly claim? A PR needs more information, not less, to know what night action to take. So he claims VT and we move on.
Well, we have four potential PR types in the game, depending on which setup is chosen. You clearly have no idea of how claiming works. Regardless, I believe Moth's explanation, so I'm dropping this discussion.
Bold is mine
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 273, mothrax wrote:
In post 255, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: mala

Care to dance?
This vote is really really bad.

Vote: JMO

That's
l-1
This vote makes no sense. NONE. Someone tell me how its a bad vote, if you dont know the reasoning behind it? Its funny how from 163, i go from kinda scummy. 3rd on his list. He then lurks off, and comes back with the above post.

He also throws in this
I feel like JMO has made a lot of excuses for his play without doing anything about it. He is tunneling and not really contributing and he is blaming activity and first time ICing... Lots of other people manage to IC just fine their first time while playing to their wincon... I can even dig up my old one if I must... but I would look to people like Nachomamma and Thor...
Tunnling was already brought up by mala. when i clearly wasn't tunneling. Then again, is tunneling a scum tell?
I've contributed over three times more than you post wise.
I feel like i let people down being the IC this game, I haven't played my best.
So, you bring up Nacho and Thor being able to be the IC just fine? You pick one of the two best players on the site to put me against? Then again, where does me being an IC having trouble, have to do with me being scum?

Now, as everyone sees, Morthax has no reason to vote me besides the fact that he is scum and tried to find a smooth way onto my wagon.

He jumped from his top scum read Grey, here:
In post 163, mothrax wrote:I've been pretty straight forward about my scum reads. Grey an Talah are my top two.

To here right before he voted me:
In post 267, mothrax wrote:I'm still happy with my reads.
What happened to grey right here? you just, didn't mention him anymore even though you are still happy with your reads. SURELY you had some questions for your top scum read eh? or did he just disappear when you saw that you could hop onto my wagon?

Mothrax is scum. Vote him people. we have short time.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 319, mothrax wrote:
In post 312, Greywing wrote:

since then he has said it was a pressure vote, even after I voted for him. I'm not buying your whole "it was obviously a gambit" spiel...

Bold is mine
You still voted me for a terrible reason, youre still scum.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by mothrax »

Grey barely posted in the 130 posts between those two posts. I would still be happy with a grey lynch but I know when I'm beating a dead horse. Should I park my vote on one player like you?

And I wasn't comparing you to them, I was simply pointing out that it can and has been done. And trying to be helpful to you. I'm sorry of it came across that way.

I've given plenty of reasons to vote you. Flail harder.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 322, mothrax wrote:Grey barely posted in the 130 posts between those two posts. I would still be happy with a grey lynch but I know when I'm beating a dead horse. Should I park my vote on one player like you?

And I wasn't comparing you to them, I was simply pointing out that it can and has been done. And trying to be helpful to you. I'm sorry of it came across that way.

I've given plenty of reasons to vote you. Flail harder.
Catching scum, isn't flailing hun. Don't be so butt hurt.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by mothrax »

:roll:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”