Micro 182 - Buzzword Bingo (SPEED WAGONED)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 am

Post by ² »

In post 1748, AngryPidgeon wrote:2, Vote Count Analysis (Town 2-Shot Cop), was found mauled, burned, drowned, shot, and arrow to the knee'd on Night 1.
I also called this one. At least if we died to Nacho nk'ing us. :O
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:38 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Mastin in the Scum QT wrote:He doesn't know it was me, but he actually beat me in a 1V1 I had against him before, when my scumbuddy was lynched D1. I can't win with you dead, Nacho. ESPECIALLY not given that he has been pushing you as scum and I have not. I tried that argument before; he beat me then and he'll beat me again, because he's a stronger player than I am with an overall stronger stance this game.
wat
now I have to go search for this game
Mastin in the Scum QT wrote:I just described to you in incredible detail why I can't beat Human Destroyer. This isn't me underestimating my own skills or overestimating his skills. This is me speaking from experience, Nacho. I can't beat him alone. There's no defeatism in saying that. It's not a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's a fact. You've seen his play. You've seen my play. You know I'm not that good. Heck, if our situations were reversed, with him the scum and me the town, you know he'd still win. He's got many people strongly insisting he's town, and him being right about you and Jake will only bolster his position.
<3
Nacho in the Scum QT wrote:Human Destroyer is not a town player you should fear. Yes, he's aggressive as fuck but he gives up as soon as he gets bored and also is not the best with reasons. He can point to TOWN FLIP versus SCUM FLIP all you'd like but you can talk about how I set you the fuck up, you can talk about how I grabbed onto your townread on me as my shining fucking beacon of hope and held onto it like a shiny fucking star. He's also fairly lynchable and RIGHT for the complete and total WRONG reasons. Ffery is looking at him and trusting him to deal with me, but after I drown him in a pool of his own musings, that trust won't last. There's the town block we're breaking up as scum and there's the weak point; he's good, you're better than him. The great point with HD is that he's exactly like Bacde in once his confidence falls, he's done, he's over, he's out, the dance is done and everyone goes home. I'm going to break him. Join me if you'd like.
also fairly true
Nacho in the Scum QT wrote:would suggest switching to walls
HD sucks at them; you're better.
there's a reason I don't usually wall >.<
Mastin in the Scum QT wrote:HD brought up Playing With Fire with regards to me not finishing cases.
What he doesn't realize is that was me imitating my town self in any number of other games--for instance, that game where I tried to create...wasn't it 48+ cases? Something like that. Butyeah, insanely high number of cases, beyond my realistic workload. It's something you can point out if you'd like, given as how it was a Calcifer hydra game.
...actually didn't know that :oops:
Nacho in the Scum QT wrote:I'm pretty close to fucked but I will probably be able to swing a lynch on HD, hopefully.
I think this was your only chance of winning to be honest. Either that or trying to convince me on Majiffy, who I was doubting my early read on. And even then, you'd
still
have to lynch me because I was getting more and more confident on my other townreads. But even then, who would you get to lynch me? Arc was basically certain I was town, Jiffy and Jake had townreads on me, and the millers had townreads on me. You killed the only person who you had even a remote scumread on me.

And even then, as I said earlier, Mastin scumflip
confirmed me as town
. Also I count this towards my "Lynching Nacho before he gets back" count :)
Are you ready for this?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:04 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

LOL, the mafia QT is quite entertaining, the amount of conversation they had they probably didn't even have it in the game, if mastin had pulled a better play, I would have not suspected him much.

And Nacho is current, the town has so many confirmation in this game and strong reads which helped this game nail down the scum just in two days.
And yeah, I would have probably never voted HD, 2 and Jake. my other scum reads were Majiffy and Drcrino. I read syrana as town for his early behaviour in the game.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:44 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1827, ArcAngel9 wrote:the mafia QT is quite entertaining, the amount of conversation they had they probably didn't even have it in the game, if mastin had pulled a better play, I would have not suspected him much.
If you read the mafia QT, then you also know that the reason I was less active this game was entirely null with regards to alignment. Every other game of mine had more priority,
especially
my modded game. I knew this game needed my attention, but my other games needed my attention MORE than this game did, hence my inactivity.

Even at the day's end, I was pressed for time. Talking here sacrificed time I had needed to spend elsewhere. You're right, in that had I done that earlier, I was in fact going to be better off, but I physically did not have that capability.

Also, most of my mafia talk was done from home. At home, I don't have access to MS.net, but DO have access to quicktopics. Hence, the increase in activity. It's a little oddity of me that is quite personal, so that's as much detail as I'll go into, but needless to say, a good 75% of my QT posts (in ALL my QTs across ALL my games for the last few years) have been done entirely from home. It's when I have more time to type, more time to think, and generally, more time to focus myself productively. There's a reason Mindreader Mafia is the crowning achievement in my scum play; that reason is because I was in my element, BIG TIME. :P Quicktopics are my thing. I'm the master of them. Using them as scum (half of my scum victories are a direct result of daytalk), and harvesting them as town.

And this is why Jake's meta tell on me was bullshit. I'm readable as scum, yes. But not from activity. Had I been town this game, the neglect I showed this game would have been the same, if not greater. Not because of lack of interest, mind you. I wanted to play, I knew I wanted to play, this game had an awesome playerlist and an awesome mod. And that's one of the main reasons I didn't replace out. But quite frankly, the negligence I had towards this game meant that if I were any other person, I would have been replaced.

As it was, I dodged replacement by being good friends with AP, being able to communicate my lack of access to AP, and AP himself having a lack of access for some amount of time. If any of those were absent, my slot would have been replaced, multiple times as it turns out. (There are more than enough gaps in activity for me to have been prodded the required number of times. Not to mention, how long it took me to actually pick up my scum role PM.)

In-thread, my slot was dead because I simply never put aside the time for it, because I was too preoccupied elsewhere. If it were a conscious choice, that'd be a tell. That'd be a decision I made, as a player, to lurk. It wasn't, though. It was a decision I made, as a person without a role PM, separate from alignment, that this game would be the one I'd get around to when capable of doing so.

Was it bad, yes. Was it the right choice, for this game heck no it wasn't. But a scumtell, it was not.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also, for the record, my switch into having 2 as scum was not me BS'ing. It wasn't, so to speak, me pulling something from my ass. That really
was
my plan. Same for the Nacho situation. As you can see by the comment in the scum QT, I was intentionally waiting on my activity for Nacho to come post. Strategic lurking, but strategic lurking I would have done as town as well. (I wait for reactions as town all the time. It's a fact that is not often observed, but clearly present in a LOT of my games. I do it almost every single game, in fact. Generally, you see me posting every day except weekdays, right? Well, ANY day where I DON'T post is a day where I'm reading the thread, but choosing not to post, because I'm waiting for something. This is something I do as town quite frankly more often than I do as scum, honestly, and this game it was done twice. First for Nacho, then for 2.)

The problem came in, when the strategic lurking during a time I
could
have been posted, inconveniently overlapped with times where I
should
have posted, but couldn't due to time constraints. Basically, during a time where I had the time, I didn't use it (and intentionally so, waiting for what I-as-town needed), whereas when I needed to post, I didn't have the time to do so.
My academy.
Agnigi
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:56 am

Post by fferyllt »

There were some roads not taken in the scum qt planning that could have made for some interesting journeys.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:01 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

OMG mastin, i see your problem... i know how it feels when you're responsible for a billion things...
i have a ton of stuff at my work, a team to handle and 4 different projects and i am chasing deadlines to get good SLA. the only thing i do is mafia when i get free time.... i am even missing my yoga classes these days. i am sad as hell too...
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Martin, the things I picked up on with you being scum had nothing to do with your other games. Your posts were very transparent.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1831, ArcAngel9 wrote:OMG mastin, i see your problem... i know how it feels when you're responsible for a billion things...
i have a ton of stuff at my work, a team to handle and 4 different projects and i am chasing deadlines to get good SLA. the only thing i do is mafia when i get free time.... i am even missing my yoga classes these days. i am sad as hell too...
Aw, We love you AA <3.

I know, I need to cut down on my ongoing games. MS has a way of sponging free time like no other. And my workouts are suffering a bit.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:50 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1833, AngryPidgeon wrote:Aw, We love you AA <3.

I know, I need to cut down on my ongoing games. MS has a way of sponging free time like no other. And my workouts are suffering a bit.
Me2, I will be cutting down the number of games i play here now.. becuz i am not able to catch up as i use to be now...
and now i am missing my yoga and zumba classes too :(

And moreover, I am currently shifting my focus from playing games to moderating. I have 4 theme games that includes ( a series of Mini theme and 1 large and 2 large theme game) planning to MOD for this year. A lot of work and experience i would need on that.. So i am currently learning more about moderations. Once after my open i game i will be moderating couple of Micro games to tone up my moderation and will gain some experience before i jump into theme games..
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

^ I like running Micros, I kinda have that down to a streamlined process I suppose.

I keep wanting to make a bot to help with modding before I tackle the large theme I want to run. Doing VCs and keeping up to date with that many players is a little daunting.

But I think Im used to high volumes of posting in my micros so it cant be that bad : P
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:59 am

Post by saulres »

In post 1834, ArcAngel9 wrote:And moreover, I am currently shifting my focus from playing games to moderating. I have 4 theme games that includes ( a series of Mini theme and 1 large and 2 large theme game) planning to MOD for this year. A lot of work and experience i would need on that.. So i am currently learning more about moderations. Once after my open i game i will be moderating couple of Micro games to tone up my moderation and will gain some experience before i jump into theme games..
You sound like me.

Your plan is good. Run one Open, if not two, and use Micros to get more comfortable and solidify your style, then shift to theme. Make sure to get reviewers on at least your theme.

pedit: AP, there's a CJF script for automating vote counts, I suggest you look into it. I'll link it later if I remember.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Do you have to add the votes in manually and it crunches out a VC?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:09 am

check this thread - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22914

this is the script - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/139664

you have to have greasemonkey in firefox but supposedly it outputs the VC
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:11 am

Post by saulres »

It's a Greasemonkey script. You tell it who's playing, who replaced who, who's dead, etc. It does a good job of reading votes and processing them to format a VC, and letting you know when it doesn't recognize a vote, giving you an easy way to fix it.

For example, it could read
VOTE: AngryPidgeon
but if you
VOTE: AP
it'll tell you it doesn't know who that vote's for and give you a dropdown to pick the actual name.

pedit: Thanks Jake!
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:13 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Huh, I'll check that out.

I was hoping to make something where you would just have to indicate post#, player voted for

for all posts with votes in them and it would snag VCs and update them for you when you fill that in.

The only thing Im not 100% sure about is the security behind that. I think I can write something to make posts for me if I store my session ID and just have it continually refresh that.

P-edit: Oh thats cool. Ya I figured full automation is very difficult. Although I would LOVE to see more site-automation of that sort of thing. Like having voting NOT be part of your text you post but rather some sort of menu where you can select your vote when you post. Might take fun out for some people, but would make VCs automatable in a good way.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:14 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1836, saulres wrote:You sound like me.

Your plan is good. Run one Open, if not two, and use Micros to get more comfortable and solidify your style, then shift to theme. Make sure to get reviewers on at least your theme.
Thanks Saulres, the best part is that this board has very nice people who is willing to help me on this. I just so feel lucky being with everyone here. I am starting my open game today or tomorrow... (hopefully), Check out below.. Once this is over.. I ll moderate TwinTrap Micro and also one of my ideas (btw, I am still impressed with your Won't you be my neighbour mafia idea, i don't know how you did that but i was very impressed, it takes alot of courage to run a setup like that.. Good work :)), I have already working on my Narnia Mafia series (mini theme) with one of the reviewers. I will be able to get this game up by sep-oct (mostly becauase of the queue) this year.

That's why i want gain enough experience (by running additional three micro games) so that i won't get lost with one game for 3 month period. I can simultaneously work on my mini theme and also can run another game :P :)
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:16 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

My open game link : http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29278 (still in pre-game though)
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 am

here is what the VC looks like after the first 2 pages

Vote Count
With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:18 am

I'm going to have to start using this in my future games. If only I could get it to work on my iphone as well lol
Show
Things I've learned.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:20 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1828, mastin2 wrote:At home, I don't have access to MS.net, but DO have access to quicktopics.
How is this oO
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:21 am

In post 1845, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1828, mastin2 wrote:At home, I don't have access to MS.net, but DO have access to quicktopics.
How is this oO
his mom has strict porn filters on his home pc but they don't pick up quicktopic...
Show
Things I've learned.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1846, Jake from State Farm wrote:his mom has strict porn filters on his home pc but they don't pick up quicktopic...
God damn it, FWAN. : P
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1845, AngryPidgeon wrote:
How is this oO
In post 1828, mastin2 wrote:It's a little oddity of me that
is quite personal
, so that's as much detail as I'll go into.
My academy.
Agnigi
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 am

lol, yep blame taz
Show
Things I've learned.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”