Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Tierce »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=5037159 time=1371371658 user_id=10128 post_num=698]Do Vi games include fakeclaim abilities? As in, they send in a role and Vi sends them back a role PM for that.
Not that I know of.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:11 am

Post by Tierce »

Yeah, actual read-through isn't going to happen before I sleep again. Sorry, Tammy. Brain is complete mush.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 am

Post by implosion »

In post 687, MattP wrote:
In post 442, implosion wrote:today was an even lazier day than usual. I can probably be convinced to vote mattp later when i have the mental lack of laziness to read things.
In post 514, implosion wrote:I read Matt's recent posts. Matt is almost certainly town.

I read Zach's in depth. I don't like it. Some of the points are legitimate rebuttals, but trying to defend the push on pjovek is a bit odd, and calling the difference between pushing for a full or a partial massclaim a "semantic difference" when it is in fact a rather large difference seems to be sidestepping the main point that's being made, which is that his push lacked context.

As i continue reading his iso, nothing sticks out as particularly townish. He made a specific point earlier that his reads are subject to change, implying that this is important. I feel like he's dismissing a lot of Mattp's posting as scummy when it's just bad play. I use the word dismissing here because I think a lot of his posting on matt feels like he's assuming that matt is scum and then deriving that Matt's play is bad scumplay. i.e., . Even not buying that argument does not make Matt scum. Even if his argument is completely wrong, that doesn't mean that Matt doesn't genuinely believe it. A bad argument can still be genuine.

HOORAY I DID THINGS
The jump immediately from the first to second post, really regardless of my alignment, would be unlikely from scumplosion

If he were scum I don't think he'd just make an uncalculated statement that I could deserve voting since it just seems too sloppy/lackadaisical and suppose he was going for that type of sloppiness specifically because it doesn't look scummy, I don't think he would then turn around the next post and do a 180 without justifying his Matt-town read. He's too "free from guilt" with his posting and too jumpy. "Hooray I did things" was also cute just in general
I can completely see myself making those two posts as scum :s. the general attitude that i have maybe not, but eh.

I keep starting to read through parts of this game and then getting distracted. Read antagon, don't have strong feelings either way about him. I never really had a strong opinion on whimsical either based on his one post. This post is partially me posting to say that i'll post later as a psychological impetus to make myself post more later when i'm less distracted.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 617, Zachrulez wrote:That doesn't make it more likely to be a fakeclaim. The fact that the role blatently looks WAY out there is what's actually giving me pause. I'd have been more suspicious if the role looked more fitting/convenient.
In post 697, Tierce wrote:and Zdenek--if it is a Vi-provided fakeclaim, it's going to make sense in the setup, so stop with the "omg overpowered kill it kill it" cries
I assume that he is claiming his real role. I don't know what you mean by "would make sense in the setup" obviously you can't mean: "would not cause players to think that the game is unbalanced if you claim it."

I have some issues with lynching such a strong role on day one, but I'd be a lot more diplomatic if he did anything that made me think he was town, and the fact that he suggested having other actions could be a scumslip.

I'll try to get into this a bit more today. I'm also interested to hear what Amrun has to say.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 583, sword_of_omens wrote:I will say that I do recall Abarat had a similar role that self -commuted themselves and a target for the night, so it could be possible…
Did scum have a way to counter it?
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 am

Post by Antagon »

In post 694, Tammy wrote:And I want antagon to give his role name. His claim and the way he made it doesn't make sense.
Sorry. No role name.
The role PM said that Vi had to explain the role
quick
. Any stalling and I would think I was being insulted.
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because I'm stupid!"
"That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For instance, I cry because other people are stupid and that makes me sad." -
The Big Bang Theory
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Zdenek »

Does your ability have a name and what will you flip?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:27 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 694, Tammy wrote:I'm going to sleep, and I want to hear what syryana has to say about ffery first as I think he's wrong. And I want antagon to give his role name. His claim and the way he made it doesn't make sense.
Why did you ask that?
From your own PM it should be apparent that role names aren't given.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 707, Oversoul wrote:
In post 694, Tammy wrote:I'm going to sleep, and I want to hear what syryana has to say about ffery first as I think he's wrong. And I want antagon to give his role name. His claim and the way he made it doesn't make sense.
Why did you ask that?
From your own PM it should be apparent that role names aren't given.
From my role PM it's apparent that role names *are* given. A mix of named and unnamed roles?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

Please don't discuss this anymore ffery. I fucked up and this could be a very bad situation.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Zdenek »

I think Syryana would be a pretty solid lynch.

His early game was really chaotic. He starts off attacking Tammy, pjo and ffreyllt. I think his let's fight Tammy-o post is over-the-top, and his read on Tammy flips between 66 and 77 for essentially no reason. He votes ffreyllt as he agrees with MattP that ffreyllt was lying, but it's not clear that ffreyllt was lying or that Syryana actually thought that ffreyllt was lying.

He pushes Eggplant, Matt, fery, Pjo as scum, then he turns around and votes Zach because of how Zach was pushing pjo. Since he had pjo as a scum read, he should have understood what Zach was getting at.

ffreyllt says that she thinks that pjo is town, and Syryana questions her read - but Syryana thought that ffrey was scum and his scum read Zach was voting pjo, so the fact that he asked this at that moment feels wrong. I'd feel better if he passed some sort of judgement about what was happening.

He then writes a long paragraph explaining his votes: He was on the Whimsy wagon because of the scumslip (personally I don't think that it's reasonable to call it a scum-slip, so the fact that he does reads badly to be, but that's probably neither here nor there). In the rest of the post, I think he over justifies his Zach vote - accuses him of not scum-hunting, uses burden of proficiency, and tops it off by saying that he is sheeping Tierce.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 583, sword_of_omens wrote:.He attacked me and ADDED words to my posts to try and paint me as scum lurking on D1 by emphasizing on the words he added...how is that not scummy as hell?
He did this?
I've always wanted to just straight up lie to the town as a scum by altering their posts but I've never actually seen it done
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:42 am

Post by MattP »

Oh yeah SOO is town too
SlappyKrust
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why do you think so?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 713, Oversoul wrote:Why do you think so?
The full post you quoted, specifically the end

It's "gut"
SlappyKrust
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 437, Antagon wrote:Oh wait. I'm still voting Tammy.
UNVOTE:
Expect some content when I don't have to deal with school, which should probably happen during the weekend.
Hope you realize I still expect this from you Antagon.

Also interested in what Amrun will bring given who she's replacing. A lot will rest on how she makes her entrance there.

Waiting for content from places that I was waiting for it from when the weekend started... ect.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 715, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 437, Antagon wrote:Oh wait. I'm still voting Tammy.
UNVOTE:
Expect some content when I don't have to deal with school, which should probably happen during the weekend.
Hope you realize I still expect this from you Antagon.

Also interested in what Amrun will bring given who she's replacing. A lot will rest on how she makes her entrance there.
*here.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XX

:right:
Antagon (5)
~ Katsuki, Amrun, hp [leaves], Zdenek, enomis
MattP (3)
~ Tammy, Tierce, Zachrulez
fferyllt (2)
~ MattP, Syryana
Zachrulez (1)
~ implosion
Amrun (1)
~ sword_of_omens

Not Voting:
fferyllt, Antagon, Oversoul

--With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
---Perhaps a bit early for this picture but etc.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(40%)
Last edited by Vi on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Well it is night time right now
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Zdenek »

So Antigon has posted 7 times since I asked him how he would flip and if his ability has a name. He's not responded. So he's moved into the if-we-don't-lynch-him-we're-idiots zone.

There's a decent chance of Tierce being scum with him. She didn't think that the slot was scum, defended it aggressively, and seemed to prefer the lynches of both MattP and ffreyllt when she requested a claim from the slot. So it reads like "hey, buddy with a good claim that could save you, I want to make sure that you get a chance to make it and I want to make sure that I get a chance to voice suspicion of you."
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

My favorite constellation. <3

p-edit I'm kinda waiting around for the upcoming conclave about my scummitude before I vote again. I don't intend to help end the day before that happens. I especially want to see what Syr has to say.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 697, Tierce wrote:Antagon did not softclaim anything (he was talking about the Apocalypse mechanic, which means it makes sense for some roles to be somewhat more powerful), and it's pretty understandable if he got the mechanic definition wrong. It doesn't make it Night for the rest of the game, but it makes it Instant Night and very fast Days.
I'm curious to know what exactly it is that you are trying to answer here.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Tierce »

I actually had a specific lightbulb situation in mind when I requested a claim from Antagon, ZZdenek. Feel free to think what you will. At this point, I'm fine with fferyllt not being lynched; and when I asked for a claim, Antagon was my favorite lynch.

Oversoul: read two posts above from that one. I'm answering hp about his question re: softclaiming the Apocalypse role. Reading posts in context is your friend.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Tierce »

Oversoul, what the heck is with the pointless questions without looking at the original format of the posts they are in? Now with me, earlier on this page with s_o_o regarding Pjovek... it looks like you're trying to fake interest without actually going back to check what happened by yourself, and that you're happy enough to let others push things without providing your opinion.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 am

Post by Oversoul »

Gg no re if you think I'm scum

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”