Newbie 1378 - Game Over! (Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:49 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 2.Final

Linxie (0) -
mattel (0) -
Lucky2u (2) - JasonWazza, Linxie
enomis (0) -

Lynched
JasonWazza (4) - mattel, Lucky2u, mastin2, uctriton00
uctriton00 (0) -
mastin2 (0) -

Not Voting: enomis

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

As of Post #522,
JasonWazza
was lynched. He was a
Mafia Roleblocker

Night 2 begins now. Deadline will be Sunday, June 16th at 6am PDT or in (expired on 2013-06-16 06:00:00)
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Jackal711 »

You all wake up the next morning, celebrating the fact that you lynched Mafia yesterday.. and find a graphic reminder that your work is not yet complete.

mattel
Town Cop
was killed Night 2

Day 3 starts now.

VOTE COUNT 3.0

Linxie (0) -
Lucky2u (0) -
enomis (0) -
uctriton00 (0) -
mastin2 (0) -

Not Voting: Everyone

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is Sunday, June 30th at 9:30 am PDT or in
(expired on 2013-06-30 09:30:00)
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Ah fuck... Well thanks for the day 2 help Mattel, we do this today in your honor.

Going by their votes alone, linxie and enomis are the two that weren't on Jason. We know that Jason likes the bus strat so really noone can be counted out, even me. So where was the last scum hiding...

VOTE: linxie

It's a good place to start
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

VOTE: uctriton.

My reasoning for this is the same as yesterday. Their interactions
scream
scumbuddies. uctriton and Jason started with an early distancing act, where they attacked each other to look good, but later this pressure on one another pretty much entirely vanished. Only in day two did it resurface, in a similar (but stronger) fashion. As soon as the pressure made it look like Jason might be lynched, uct bailed from the wagon and joined the counterwagon--had I not unvoted, he would have hammered Lucky2u. And it was only
after
I called him out on this that he switched back onto Jason, as the hammering vote.

As far as a scumteam goes, that's pretty dang condemning.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Lucky2u »

But hammering his buddy? That's pretty strong bus claim mastin
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 604, Lucky2u wrote:But hammering his buddy? That's pretty strong bus claim mastin
Yes, which is precisely why it's supposed to be so effective. A huge part of scum play is risk-reward analysis. What risk was there of hammering Jason? There was some, yes, but very little.

What reward would there be in hammering Jason?

Exactly the reaction you're giving. "He wouldn't hammer his scumbuddy, would he?" Except he is perfectly capable of having done so, and thoughts to the contrary have led to MANY town losses. Again, as far as risk-reward goes, uctriton hit the jackpot and is cashing out on it.
My academy.
Agnigi
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Lucky2u »

We are few in number so want to see what the morning opinion is of everyone. I've said mine and so has mastin.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Jackal711 »

Suddenly, a lightning bolt shoots down from the heavens striking
mattel
's corpse and rendering it to ash

mattel
Town Cop
turned
Neutral Survivor
, modkilled Day 3 for violation of
Rule #9
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Wow... What the fuck happened?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

So... noone wants to contribute?
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

vote: mastin
you bitter, bitter scum buddy. More on why it's you later, but good game and we've won, game is over.

But as what I promised,

I quick hammered on Jason because Mattel claimed cop and I had to QH to end the day ASAP, before everyone else figured it out.

Unfortunately Jason role fished and baited Mattel into stopping the role fish, which Jason immediately outed him.

This was a trust exercise: I had to trust mattel's claim. It was day 2, and if I got the wrong hammer, then obviously a fake claim happened. To me it was completely worth the gamble. I've said that ad nauseum, that this isn't a game breaking LYLO decision and we can be wrong if needed. I didn't want to live with the extremely hard to read Jason and have to. If Jason was the real cop, I would have easily killed Mattel for the fake claim. And I sincerely believe that when a town self hammers, you don't ignore it. Unless they were trolling, and RC being an experienced player, I wanted to give him a listen.

You want clarification, ask and I'll tell you.

Now with the info we got:
Mattel dead as a policy kill.
Lucky, I want to call town just for his actions today day 3.

But here is what we also got day 3: an EXTREMELY OMGUS MASTIN saying that I've bussed my partner.

I am town beyond god damned belief, and I tried my best, my sincere best, to draw the night kill. I wanted to be a VT who died in place of mattel's claim, had it been true. I used all the pomp and circumstance to boast I'd break the game open. Unfortunately Mattel was caught dead.

Mastin's omgus seals the game and the victory for us. You've slipped, bud.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Lucky in twilight is extremely town though. Him, Mattel, me, all in twilight.

Scum buddy had to stfu. Scum buddies always stfu in twilight.

Mastin I'm going to check if he participated, but I don't remember if he did.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Bailed from the wagon? What are you talking about? I had a read on gut Jason, then now had it on lucky, then back to Jason once Mattel provided proof.

Mastin you're dead and your team lost and this game is over
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Double checked, mastin went into deep hiding during twilight
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

And of course ill humbly apologize to Mattel behind the glass window, although I wonder who he did to violate the game.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

And lucky take your vote off line, put it on either me or mastin, I'm drawing the battle line today, Radiant Cowbell style.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Linnie I think is town just by the twilight tells
Enomis the same thing
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

ok ucrit, I am going with my gut from day 1 and that was you were townie.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mastin

It's not lylo, if we shoot and miss it's unfortunate, but I think we got this.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

overall, I am going to write ucrit town, the other three are questionable.
Linxie
Linxie
Townie
Linxie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:33 am

Post by Linxie »

Notes on my thoughts so far: Jason said a few things which have me questioning what he would usually do. This is difficult to explain, so I'm just basically going to say that his wifom has screwed my thinking and there are too many "what ifs" for me at the moment. I don't like that Mastin is on L1 either, it makes me nervous (Then again I was completely wrong about Jason and he was in the same position), so I would like to hear
everyone's
thoughts/opinions first before making my mind up.

Lucky2u
In post #514 you say Mastin is a null read because of his unvote on you and vote on Jason, then in post #617 you follow Uctriton and put Mastin at L1. What made you change your mind? You also say that you're going with your gut on D1 that Uct is town, but according to your gut back then, Uct was scum, and again you say he is scum on D2 (post #514). According to how you felt, you should have voted Uct, no?

enomis
(unsure and weary) The reasons why I'm weary are because: Jason's second vote was on Paradigm for stupid reasons (and I'm taking Jason's love for bussing into the equation here), but you on the other hand seem to me a good player and have blended in rather nicely, which Jason mentioned (not in those words though) and thus do not require his bussing. I'm always weary of those who blend in without much notice, those who "fly under the radar" so to speak. Since we're all VT (except one), there should be no reason to blend in. Also your apparent shock at having 2 townies lynched appeared to be an act. The reason why I'm unsure however, is that you never hammered when you held the hammer.

uctriton00
(scummy vibe but leaning towards town) I like your explanation in post #610 and I don't really buy Jason's attempt at confusing people to vote for you. Before Jason had told his scum buddy to kill Mattel, you picked up on Mattel's alignment and took a chance by withholding your info. Your surprise and happiness when you found out you were right look genuine. Also the fact that you asked Lucky to either vote for you or Mastin (you're prepared to die to out a possible scummy) leads me to believe you're town. Are you only voting Mastin based on his vote for you (which I find is a good enough reason to vote) or are you still going to share your thoughts?

mastin2
(towny read but weary) Mastin is a mostly towny read due to his "read reversal" post (this one is a bit two sided though). I've been thinking about this for the majority of the weekend and it doesn't make sense to me that a scummy would jump off a wagon which was about to be hammered and bus his scum buddy. Granted it could have been a big "play" to remove any suspicion, but scum could have got rid of a towny instead of a scummy, then be in lylo next day without the cop. What I am weary about is Mastin's post #605 where he mentions "risk-reward analysis" because his early vote on Jason and his read reversal would put him pretty high up on the town list.

To summarise:
I am currently weary of those who did as well as those did not vote for Jason since there are benefits to both, more so those who did. Those who didn't can claim they believe he was town and are therefore innocent and couldn't be bussing their partner, those who did got rid of a scum and should therefore get town status.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 am

Post by Lucky2u »

linxie, read my post 38. I didn't explicitly saying he was town but I was defending against a wagon that building on him for no reason. Then in post 81 I said he was a town read. I don't know how you missed that. In fact, your sort of saying that me and ucrit are your top two reads which is wierd because you also soft read mastin as towny. Really? Your reads are all terrible.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:08 am

Post by enomis »

I will catch up on this tomorrow. Just made 2 rather medium-sized wall post on other threads and i am very tired now.
Gd night.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 610, uctriton00 wrote:I quick hammered on Jason because Mattel claimed cop and I had to QH to end the day ASAP, before everyone else figured it out.

Unfortunately Jason role fished and baited Mattel into stopping the role fish, which Jason immediately outed him.

This was a trust exercise: I had to trust mattel's claim. It was day 2, and if I got the wrong hammer, then obviously a fake claim happened. To me it was completely worth the gamble. I've said that ad nauseum, that this isn't a game breaking LYLO decision and we can be wrong if needed. I didn't want to live with the extremely hard to read Jason and have to. If Jason was the real cop, I would have easily killed Mattel for the fake claim. And I sincerely believe that when a town self hammers, you don't ignore it. Unless they were trolling, and RC being an experienced player, I wanted to give him a listen.

But here is what we also got day 3: an EXTREMELY OMGUS MASTIN saying that I've bussed my partner.

I am town beyond god damned belief, and I tried my best, my sincere best, to draw the night kill. I wanted to be a VT who died in place of mattel's claim, had it been true. I used all the pomp and circumstance to boast I'd break the game open. Unfortunately Mattel was caught dead.

Mastin's omgus seals the game and the victory for us. You've slipped, bud.
OMGUS my ass.
You
are the one OMGUS'ing
me
, not vice-versa. As for the cop thingy, I will accept that you figured it out eventually (he did end up dead, after all), but I'm calling bullshit on your explanation. I find nothing wrong with your statement that you found it worth the gamble (it definitely was worth a try, triton), but that you hammered despite apparently also being aware of Jason's breadcrumbs is proof that everything you're saying is a lie. If you saw 'crumbs from Jason and saw 'crumbs from mattel, you would
wait until they had claimed
, not immediately hammer. Look at things from a you-as-town perspective. You see both 'crumbing. You might be the only one who sees both have crumbed. You, not knowing which is real, hammer. And get things wrong. The scum nightkill you. And bam. Both scum are alive, and if you were the only one who picked up on the 'crumbs, then you have no way of finishing the 1v1. You-as-town would realize this, and not rely on ambiguities.

I figured out mattel's claim (hence my reversal onto Jason), but I had no clue Jason was 'crumbing cop at all. But had I done so, had I known, I would have done the town thing and waited to hear both sides before making an educated decision. That decision would likely have been to lynch Jason, after analyzing the strength of the claims and figuring that mattel's was much stronger. As town, that's what a person does when they see two players counterclaiming. They don't know which is real, so they try to figure it out.

As scum, you already knew Jason was fakeclaiming. Heck, he might have even told you he was going to 'crumb cop in the scum QT, specifically so that you could see it and use it if you chose to. So as scum, you didn't need to figure out which claim was true. You voted Jason for the towncred which would be gained from it.
In post 613, uctriton00 wrote:Double checked, mastin went into deep hiding during twilight
And this is the final nail in
your
coffin, triton. Simple meta research will show you that as town, I never take part in wifom-laced twilights. As scum, I'm right there discussing like a champion, to induce the wifom. The fact that I was absent proves that I am town, because I specifically avoided trying to contribute to the wifom. I specifically avoided trying to give the scum more info. I specifically avoided trying to make this game more mindscrewy.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:18 am

Post by mastin2 »

And because I know triton's going to attempt to bring up PyP as an example of me talking in twilight, let me show you the posts there and how carefully they are worded.

Spoiler: Proof of this
In post 623, mastin2 wrote:
In post 622, Keybladewielder wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: FuzDuzN

Alright, I'll vote him too
FuDu - 7 (Siv, Fuzzy, AP, me, PimHel, Bacde, KBW)

Pretty sure that's a hammer.
No comment on the hammer, no comment about the circumstances of the hammer, just pointing out that there has been a hammer. I intended for this to be my last post of the day. However, scum-AP in twilight baited me into a small conversation. Even so, I was careful that my response pertained only to me, and was me clarifying my own stance, giving NOTHING about other players. Shown here:
In post 639, mastin2 wrote:
In post 629, AngryPidgeon wrote:mastin lightly distancing from the lynch is noted.
Lightly?

Lightly implies I'm hiding the distancing from the lynch. :P

I've explained my stance. FuDuzn was more likely to flip scum than not, but I'm showing far less conviction on the lynch compared to before. I'm still on it, and a member of the wagon right in the middle, because overall I still support it, but I don't like the wagon as much as I did when I hopped on it. Can't get more blatant than that. :P
Again, that was purely about me, with no commentary on others--not even the lynched player, FuDuzn! I didn't say if FuDuzn was scum or not, merely that I believed before the hammer that he was more likely to be scum. Admittedly I might have still given the scum a little too much info, but the point is, I deliberately was avoiding wifom-laced conversations. My next post is a followthrough on that, and nothing more.
In post 640, mastin2 wrote:
In post 637, PimHel wrote:Especially as the only ones who voted FuDuzn after Mastin and before he made this post were me and Bacde.
Actually, AP voted in that timeframe as well.

Essentially--though I had a scumread on FuDuzn, I had a looooot of bad names on the wagon, comprised of my scumreads, null-reads, and some of my weakest townreads, with the exception of you.
There were other things to comment on at the time, if you read the game and see the posts during that timeframe. But I-as-town made the
conscious decision to ignore the WIFOM
and wait for the flip.
My academy.
Agnigi
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 am

Post by uctriton00 »

I need to reread that wall you wrote but I just want to make something clear,

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”