Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

DOMO is town, but I really don't like full reads posts.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 am

Post by DOMO »

I don't like cats.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:52 am

Post by DOMO »

So why don't you like full read posts anka?
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:53 am

Post by DOMO »

Oh yeah, sorry...

-rev
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

I learned the hard way that scum gets a lot more out of full reads lists than town does.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:40 am

Post by DOMO »

Maybe I need to learn the hard way too. I can see how it might help them decide if we're a decent NK target or not, but that's about all, and everything any townie posts helps them in that respect.

fwiw I don't like cats because they keep shitting in my garden.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah, well, the last large game I played, I was basically targeted for death by the entire scum team N1, but completely left alone (and even saved as much as possible by them) after that because I made my reads really clear after that and I had quite a few of them as town. Keeping them uncertain what I thought of them would likely have made them a lot more paranoid of me since I had a very strong role.

The reads didn't even help town since the only ones that really mattered at that point were my scumreads.

So yes, I disapprove of full reads posts now.
Nero
Nero
Goon
Nero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Nero »

which is why i obstinately refuse to elaborate on any of my reads.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

LOL @ Domo for linking me and Doc because I agree people have lives.

Domo: could you explain to me why your biggest scumread is BROseidon?

I've tried comparing your reactions to his posts, but I'm not seeing it.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:30 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 358, KingCrabd wrote:108 degrees outside+ broken air conditioning = SHUT DOWN ALL THE THINGS

Finally cool enough to operate my computer without overheating worries, catching up.
Is ignoring the elephant in the room:
In post 317, ProHawk wrote:His vote for a null-read over a scum-read was awkward and a vote for a lurker is quite ironic...
More votes here would be nice.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 am

Post by Calcifer »

Ffery, we need to talk again.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

yes we do. I am phoneposting atm. should be at my laptop in a couple hours.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by DOMO »

In post 383, StubbsKVM wrote:LOL @ Domo for linking me and Doc because I agree people have lives.

Domo: could you explain to me why your biggest scumread is BROseidon?

I've tried comparing your reactions to his posts, but I'm not seeing it.
BRO stood out for me as I read through. His reaction to prohawk's list seemed paranoid.

And then this...
In post 19, BROseidon wrote:Let's say there are 6 scum.
This pinged. Let's try hard not to scumslip. Let's use careful language while speculating about scum numbers.

From this point on I have an air of suspicion reading his posts.

As for your link to doc, your comment that his post was the best in the thread stood out as I read, I guess it looked like you were perhaps buddying someone I was suspicious of. It might well be a thin link, it's still early and I'm working with what I've got. That's what I thought at the time, so I noted it.

I'll be honest, I don't have a great deal of faith in these early reads. But in recent games I've been doing pretty well on day one and then somehow seem to allow myself to get distracted later. So I wanted to make sure I posted my gut reads.

We'll see if djd agrees with me, he's a sharp scumhunter, he's owned the fuck out of me in the past so I respect his game. For now I've got nothing better.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 385, Calcifer wrote:Ffery, we need to talk again.
I'm at a real keyboard now. Will be around.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Catchup post. Meh. Heat sucks.

TSO's case is shit. Like seriously. You're gonna attack him for answering metal sonic's questions? The actual fuck is that? You're digging for a reason to vote him, and it smells all the way over here in California. Glad to see I'm not the only one that felt this way.

201, Irish has the fence up his ass so hard it's going to come out his throat.

Shadi's cave in to hawk in post 202 feels like his townmeta again. Shadi goes into my town pile for sure. He did the exact same thing as town in Maestro's Newbie. When he's wrong, he freely admits it.

I was leaning on a TSO vote, but then I read post 203 and nah, Stevie is a better choice bewteen the two.

Nero and Irish are both more annoying than anything at this point. They're not both scum given their interactions, though. Nero is getting shit for his hardclaim joke (I am taking it as a joke, if he was serious this changes things) while Irish is running around trying to be the second vote on every wagon it seems.

Actually, 226 sells it for me. Appeal to emotion is so unwarranted. And this post made me pull his ISO for a second. Note the sequence of events here. ISO #32 is where we see the TMT vote. ISO 37 he openly says "BRO is scum we got one" but no vote? Then he openly asks if he should sheep ffery's hydra slot? We don't see him mention his reads again till the pointless banter is over and he posts ISO 43. Here he mentions steveie, and TMT, but suddenly BRO isn't even worth mentioning? It's so weak we still have yet to see a BRO vote. In fact HOLY SHIT ISO 57.
In post 216, TheIrishPope wrote:BRO is scum
We got one boys!
In post 332, TheIrishPope wrote: I didn't understand the case on BRO.
Moving on...
In post 236, dramonic wrote:People are serious in normals?
You are feigning ignorance here. You've played in at least one or two others in large normal.

Dearist Rift. Why is Mac scum? Kthnx.

301, Baby Spice, I don't get the stubbs read. Would you care to explain it?
In post 317, ProHawk wrote:
Came in, offered a bit of words, left. His vote for a null-read over a scum-read was awkward and a vote for a lurker is quite ironic...

I was wondering how long it would take you to revert back to your classic day one play, hawk. I'd usually say you're town for it, but the delayed timing makes it seem forced, kind of like you're trying to invoke your townmeta. Furthermore, do you intend to tell me that my vote served no use? It made it apparent we had a player actively lurking, that is, watching the thread but not posting.

dramonic seems to be set on saying absolutely nothing of value.

Truly14's slot is so town. Like, seriously.
In post 327, Rift Adrift wrote: Mac and Kingcrabd need to post more.
Here to please, my queen.

Posts 335/336 do nothing but prove nero uses shitty internet security software.

Nero's starting to give off trolling town vibes. (Also his sig is fucking hilarious)

Regarding the "full reads lists" thing, it can go both ways, and you gotta play it on a case by case basis.
In post 384, ProHawk wrote:
In post 358, KingCrabd wrote:108 degrees outside+ broken air conditioning = SHUT DOWN ALL THE THINGS

Finally cool enough to operate my computer without overheating worries, catching up.
Is ignoring the elephant in the room:
In post 317, ProHawk wrote:His vote for a null-read over a scum-read was awkward and a vote for a lurker is quite ironic...
More votes here would be nice.
We post that we're catching up, and your response is to... post stating that we're ignoring an elephant in the room we've yet to read?

Our vote on dramonic stands, the reaction to it is scummy. We'd settle for Stevie for obvious reasons, TSO because awful case was absolutely awful, maybe ank because I trust nacho and ffery's reads pretty well.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 389, KingCrabd wrote:Dearist Rift. Why is Mac scum? Kthnx.
Hi! Hope things have cooled down since yesterday.

There is some hydra dissonance happening re Mac. I'm leaning town with some worries sprinkled on top because he's not posting often and not posting aggressively.

To Syr those sprinkles are more like bricks, and he's consequently leaning scum.

Babel-17
TMTOLBTWNTOF
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by TMTOLBTWNTOF »

In post 169, dramonic wrote:DOMO, never sign up for one of my games :P
Also Im starting to get strong townreads, yay~
And they were never mentioned again.
In post 323, dramonic wrote:
In post 321, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 318, dramonic wrote:
In post 315, Nero wrote:are you gonna quit being a condescending prat and actually fucking do something?
not today?
I didn't think it was possible to exceed Nero's level of uselessness.
Always a pleasure to amaze.
This is pretty much TiP's level of "too scum to be scum" so I'm going to look at some meta.
i-i
TMTOLBTWNTOF
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by TMTOLBTWNTOF »

Never mind, wiki useless. Dramonic, could you shoot me some links of your town and scum games?
i-i
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 389, KingCrabd wrote:
I was wondering how long it would take you to revert back to your classic day one play, hawk. I'd usually say you're town for it, but the delayed timing makes it seem forced, kind of like you're trying to invoke your townmeta. Furthermore, do you intend to tell me that my vote served no use? It made it apparent we had a player actively lurking, that is, watching the thread but not posting.

dramonic seems to be set on saying absolutely nothing of value.
You seem a bit more annoyed than normal and, this is quite unlike your town-meta response... soo?

But... going back and reading your post in question it appears you had Dramonic in your scum-pile you had just put a ton of empty lines in between so I missed it and what I was seeing as scummy was a mistake on my part.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BROsideon
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 388, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 385, Calcifer wrote:Ffery, we need to talk again.
I'm at a real keyboard now. Will be around.
hey ffery
i'm reading up now
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 312, DOMO wrote:calcifer and zdenek both town.
you were reading us as town despite the conflicting reads?
In post 319, Metal Sonic wrote:nothing of interest

oh and i'm VERY VERY SURE TSO doesnt read
you don't read either. what's the big deal?
In post 327, Rift Adrift wrote:Hey Calcifer, T S O is doing useful stuff. Wanna add him to the town pile?
Sure.
In post 331, Doc Holliday wrote:Whoa, did anyone else catch Ankamius' shameless buddying/self-meta/calling-self-Town bit in 328? I wasn't sold on Ankamius as scum before, but that's definitely shifting my opinion in that direction
I don't like your posturing here at all.
In post 349, Nero wrote:im talking to the 16 year old bachelor still living with his dad. no further comments.
i'm a 16 year old bachelor
but i'm living with my grandpa
In post 371, Mac wrote:k I think I really like DOMO for town because that catchup felt genuine.
i really hope you have better than this
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by Calcifer »

Unvote, Vote: Doc Holliday

I actually really like Ank's paranoia about full reads lists even though the paranoia is kind of foolish. Reanalyze your reads when people start flipping town.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

How are you feeling about Stevie? I'm finding the pile up of votes in that direction kinda troubling.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Re full reads lists I ran into some players on another site this week that consider early-ish day 1 full reads lists to be a scum tell. I have seen some scummy full reads lists before, but it was the reasoning, not the length that made them scummy.

Babel-17
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 397, Rift Adrift wrote:How are you feeling about Stevie? I'm finding the pile up of votes in that direction kinda troubling.
I still feel good about Stevie and I hate the wagon on him.
In post 398, Rift Adrift wrote:Re full reads lists I ran into some players on another site this week that consider early-ish day 1 full reads lists to be a scum tell. I have seen some scummy full reads lists before, but it was the reasoning, not the length that made them scummy.
This is Ank coming off a game where he was essentially a vigilante who we (scum) kept alive because he gave a full reads list and the scum were at the top of the list for the whole game. The fact that he tells DOMO not to do it but doesn't really attack him for it feels genuine considering the game that just ended, and I don't really see his reasoning for faking paranoia like that as scum here since it doesn't really accomplish any sort of purpose.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”