Mini Normal 1460 - Normalville Mafia (GAME OVER)

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:11 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Getting back to the rest later, but about my question:
In post 163, Red Dragon wrote:
In post 162, BP wrote: 5. Quite frankly, everything. My NL vote got loads of reactions and kinda got the game going, I think. Plus, Grimgroove's post on Future is quite the case, and Darthe's lurking is also something that worries me. But if you think that between page 2 and 7 nothing deserved of a change has happened, well then... give the thread another read.
This sounds exactly like the sort of thing scum would say. "I was wrong and
was trying to pull a fast one early
, but it got reactions guys!!!! Also, please don't lynch me."
What do you mean by "pulling a fast one"? It's an expression I am unfamiliar with. Why is "pulling a fast one" scummy and when did BP "pull a fast one"?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:15 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 173, Red Dragon wrote:
In post 171, Grimgroove wrote: In this case numberfour defended a no lynch on Day 1 and was town.
And he deserved to die for being anti-town. But this really comes up to opinion. I'm down with lynching village idiots, are you?
Only when there are no better options.
Also, numberfour didn't die in that topic, nobody did. It got cancelled before anyone got the chance to lynch/kill anyone.
Also, what makes someone a Village Idiot? Dio you feel BP deserves this title simply for his stance on No Lynch? What would you think if someone said that if someone is unable to use straightforward quote-tags properly, he'll probably also be unable to do something as complex as finding scum?
In post 172, Grimgroove wrote: Here is the deal that I don't think you understand. NL day 1 is a horrible idea for reasons already explained (we lose a lynch, flip, chance at hitting scum, etc.). If the town nl d1 it puts the scum at a significant advantage over the town, thus it would be a good idea if scum could a achieve a no lynch d1. It makes prefect sense for scum to advocate for a nl d1 because it helps them out. So yes arguing for a no lynch is scummy, or at the very least not town.
We're going in circles. Please read what I said, I understand the theory perfectly fine, thank you.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 am

Post by Slandaar »

Note to self: sort this game out.

Note to Red: No lynch is completely experience related not alignment related on D1.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 176, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 171, Grimgroove wrote: In this case numberfour defended a no lynch on Day 1 and was town.
And he deserved to die for being anti-town. But this really comes up to opinion. I'm down with lynching village idiots, are you?
Only when there are no better options.
Also, numberfour didn't die in that topic, nobody did. It got cancelled before anyone got the chance to lynch/kill anyone.
Also, what makes someone a Village Idiot? Dio you feel BP deserves this title simply for his stance on No Lynch? What would you think if someone said that if someone is unable to use straightforward quote-tags properly, he'll probably also be unable to do something as complex as finding scum?
In post 172, Grimgroove wrote: Here is the deal that I don't think you understand. NL day 1 is a horrible idea for reasons already explained (we lose a lynch, flip, chance at hitting scum, etc.). If the town nl d1 it puts the scum at a significant advantage over the town, thus it would be a good idea if scum could a achieve a no lynch d1. It makes prefect sense for scum to advocate for a nl d1 because it helps them out. So yes arguing for a no lynch is scummy, or at the very least not town.
We're going in circles. Please read what I said, I understand the theory perfectly fine, thank you.
ohh you didn't understand the expression. It means that he was trying to sneak something under our noses. Meaning he was trying to get a no lynch without us giving much thought to it. He tried to do it fast, thus tried to pull a fast one.
In post 177, Slandaar wrote: Note to Red: No lynch is completely experience related not alignment related on D1.
Not necessarily.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 am

Post by Darthe »

In post 164, BP wrote:Post . Never did I say I voted NL for other reason other than I though that was the way to go.

Anywho. Off to bed. Day off tomorra. I sincerely hope that during the next day things will develop. Cheerio!
not talking about post 49. I'm talking about the post I quoted.
In post 168, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 166, Darthe wrote:[

@Red Dragon
"Pulling a fast one"? Explain.
I don't understand the question.
In post 166, Darthe wrote: The two are in direct conflict and it looks like a backing of BP, not to mention basically the same logic.
Cool story, but I'm voting him.
In post 170, Ztife wrote:
D1 lynches might not exactly be ground breaking, but as per discussion it is more beneficial for town to lynch. Therefore its more beneficial for scum to suggest NL. Another key idea why BP is scummy is because of his inconsistency in his idea.
He basically "changed sides" because the side he was on makes him look bad, which is what scums fear.
*nods* all of a sudden he is okay with voting and everything. This is the "pulling a fast one" I was referring to (f that is the correct interpretation of the question).
In post 172, Grimgroove wrote:
Again: when talking about No Lynching: it's not obscure. It's a stance that has certain arguments going for it that are convincing enough for some people, and not for others. It is not alignment indicative.
Here is the deal that I don't think you understand. NL day 1 is a horrible idea for reasons already explained (we lose a lynch, flip, chance at hitting scum, etc.). If the town nl d1 it puts the scum at a significant advantage over the town, thus it would be a good idea if scum could a achieve a no lynch d1. It makes prefect sense for scum to advocate for a nl d1 because it helps them out. So yes arguing for a no lynch is scummy, or at the very least not town.
Technically the best times to no lynch are day 1 or lylo (or is it mylo, I always confuse those) and the worst time is mid game.

The points you made against no lynching aren't wrong Dragon, they just are general faults in no lynch and not specific to day one. The real disadvantage to a no lynch day one is that no info is available at the time, so it can seem to be a crapshoot. However, if the game starts at night or you happen to have multiple investigative PR's or an open setup etc, it can be a very safe and effective way to run early game.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Baezu »

@BP yes. Currently I feel future us scummier than you. That's why I changed my vote over to him. Why do I feel he's scummier than the gooner? Because of the fact that his only defense is an ongoing game and he has nothing else to say for himself.
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:05 am

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 179, Darthe wrote: Technically the best times to no lynch are day 1 or lylo (or is it mylo, I always confuse those) and the worst time is mid game.

The points you made against no lynching aren't wrong Dragon, they just are general faults in no lynch and not specific to day one. The real disadvantage to a no lynch day one is that no info is available at the time, so it can seem to be a crapshoot. However, if the game starts at night or you happen to have multiple investigative PR's or an open setup etc, it can be a very safe and effective way to run early game.
What? So because it isn't the worst time we should do it now even though it is still bad? what? This is not epic mafia. The game does not start at night. So so stop talking about stuff that doesn't happen.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Nachomamma8 replaces Kattaze effective immediately.
Not a dayvig.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Elyse
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:27 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Vote Count:

Future (4) - grimgroove, chernobylcitybus, BP, Baezu (L-3)

thegooner (3) - Slandaar, Elyse, PeregrineV
Elyse (1) - Nachomamma8
Baezu (2) - Future, thegooner
BP (2) -Red Dragon, Ztife

Not Voting (1) - Darthe

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch or no lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-03 10:00:00)
Not a dayvig.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Back later tonight.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Darthe »

@Mod, I voted BP in post 166. Sorry, don't know how to highlight in white.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 am

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 186, Darthe wrote:@Mod, I voted BP in post 166. Sorry, don't know how to highlight in white.
In post 1, ac1983fan wrote:Rules stolen from Gammagooey who took them from Faraday and Vi and modified them. Modified somewhat by me.

--Voting, Lynching, and deaths
8) The following voting formats are acceptable:
vote: ac1983fan, Vote: ac1983fan
, VOTE: ac1983fan. Abbreviations and misspellings are okay too, so long as I can figure out who you're voting. If it's at all ambiguous it will not be counted.
So in order for a vote to be counted, you must use one of the following bbcode formats (with ac1983fan replaced with whomever you are voting)

Code: Select all

[vote]ac1983fan[/vote]
[b]vote: ac1983fan[/b]
[b]Vote: ac1983fan[/b]

The reason your vote wasn't counted was because it lacked a colon after the word vote.
Not a dayvig.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Darthe »

ah I see, thank you.

Vote: BP
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Darthe »

Dammit..

Vote: BP
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Baezu »

Hi nacho!
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by Ztife »

@Grim
Ok, I see. I admit I haven't take much of a closer look at alot of posts yet, but atm the only thing that interest me is BP.
What do you think of his hesitation then? It was not so much of an NL, but more of the lack of explaination for his own push and then the wavering opinions about it.

@PeregrineV
Please explain your BP town read.

Gonna be catching up on this future wagon now.
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by BP »

In post 191, Ztife wrote:@Grim
Ok, I see. I admit I haven't take much of a closer look at alot of posts yet, but atm the only thing that interest me is BP.
What do you think of his hesitation then? It was not so much of an NL, but more of the lack of explaination for his own push and then the wavering opinions about it.

@PeregrineV
Please explain your BP town read.

Gonna be catching up on this future wagon now.
This only explains what I've said earlier. You need to give the thread another read. Not a look-see; an actual read.

Extremely tired. More tomorrow.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Elyse »

so. many. walls.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 11, Slandaar wrote:Ugh

I feel like trying something different...

I want everyone to answer these;
What is your favourite alignment and why?
What is your favourite role and why?

Me; I like being a town neighbour because I enjoy having a thread to scumhunt in during the night; gives me something to do; and I prefer the scumhunting aspect of the game over the imascumbag side hence town neighbour.

I guess neighbour isn't actually a role but meh I am counting it.
Oh Slaandy.
In post 30, BP wrote:Oh, I thought we were on RVS. Sorry.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
This was strange. What was this about?
In post 34, Grimgroove wrote:Only town is so eager to put out scumreads this early in the game, half expecting/hoping they would be right in order to boast with them at the end of the game.
"Only town" makes it sound so definite. Although I do agree with the townread.
In post 38, BP wrote:Also, I voted no lynch because I don't believe in Day 1 lynches. Don't make much sense to me. I'm more much more keen on analyzing Night 1's kill choice that trying to see through people's reasons and motives behind every vote on Day 1, which are mostly based on RVS reactions and bandwagoning, so...
And reading people as scum because it can totally happen on Day 1.
In post 48, Grimgroove wrote:The way Baezu jumps on this "easy" bait I find scummier than publicly daring to take a stance you'll know very few people will agree with.
Weren't you just calling Baezu super town just five minutes ago?
In post 56, BP wrote:Day 1 -> Mislynch :: Night 1 -> Scummies will cover it up pretty well given the Day 1 BW's and whatnot, which leads to Day 2 -> Mislynch again, which leads to Night 2 -> ANOTHER dead townie. HOPEFULLY, no important informative PR's will be killed and they'll have enough tells to start pointing fingers at actual scumpeople in a way that puts the rest of the Townies behind the bandwagon.
That's not how it happens here. Sometimes we lynch scum D1, D2, and D3. It's a serious mistake to rely on informative roles when we have people who are already pretty good at catching scum all around you.
In post 61, thegooner wrote:My vote for Elyse was because I didn't realize the RVS had ended.
Are you voting Grim over a theoretical difference?
In post 70, Future wrote:I'm torn. While I mentioned that gut off-ness about BP's posts, I completely disagree with Red Dragon and Baezu here. I really, really don't think BP's wanting to NL is indicative of his alignment either way; I haven't gone through his other games (if he has any) but his convictions here make it seem like an idea he stands by as town and one he would present as part of a town meta if he was scum. I don't think being difficult regarding mathematical logic is a scumtell. In fact, I'd expect scum to be even more flip-floppy than town in this case; scum loves to appease the town.
You waffled very hard here. Is he town or scum? You sort of jumped to his defense, but you didn't figure out his alignment.
In post 103, Elyse wrote:Reading through I agree with Slandaar about thegooner's explanation for his vote on me. That stood out like a sore thumb.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: thegooner

@Grizzle
Any chance of a tl;dr of your walls?
You skimmed hard, huh?
In post 109, PeregrineV wrote:In my town pile for now:
Red Dragon
BP
Grimgrove

Looking like scum:
thegooner
Future

Looking for a direction:
Darthe
Slandaar

Null: the rest

Vote: thegooner
Thanks for being useless!'
In post 125, Elyse wrote:Baezu does seem bloodthirsty.

Being willing to hammer on page 5 does not seem very townie.
this is pretty opportunistic, Elyse.
In post 147, Future wrote:Caps-level pissed off that my post got deleted.
Are you going to continue complaining about it, or are you going to do something for the rest of the gameday?
In post 155, Elyse wrote:I was going to respond to Baezu but BP took the words right out of my mouth.

So yeah thegooner and Future are good lynches ATM.
What are your opinions on everyone else?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Future

This one can die, yeah.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Oh right.

Future is actually scum.

VOTE: Future

L-1
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:55 am

Post by Grimgroove »

With 13 players it's very sad that the activity inhere is so low. What gives?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 am

Post by Slandaar »

It gives everyone a chance to post good content instead of 'oh I can't keep up'
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I guess I'll spend my days looking forward to that then.
I assume that after your you have "sorted things out"? Any findings?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”