Newbie 1381 Oakhaven is Overrun Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by talah »

In addition to tybalt's ISO:
In post 427, Honey bee wrote: I sound like a broken record, but if you look at his vote history and his reads, you will find the inconsistencies that point tybalt towards scum. Mala pointed out the problem in his first vote. His second vote I pointed out the hypocrisy in his accusations against jmo. His defense of that vote, where he accuses me of avoiding discussing jmo (which I did later in the post) and how he states that being hypocritical does not mean his arguments are invalid, is such an awful shift of accusation. Tybalt never really explained how his vote was justified. Also look at that defense post (where I'm accused of not acknowledging his points about jmo) and his town read of jmo, moving his vote to greywing. Only a 30 post gap, in which jmo makes no post that should give jmo a town read. Plus, I think voting someone because they had a gut read on someone is bad as well. Compared to his accusation on jmo, he barely says anything about grey, or even why gut reads are scummy, or any good reason on why he changed his mind. If I were to make a guess, tybalt probably fell off the wagon because you put him at L-2. As I said earlier, scum prefer to lynch without being on the wagon.
I know I'm pretty stubborn, but I notice you people are at least conceding on some of my points, so there has to be some truth to it.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 474, talah wrote:Yeah I didn't really want to post before deadline but I'm actually against a JMO lynch in principle and probably practice now. I started tunnelling him at a very early stage and have looked back over the sequence of events. I just don't think there's a lot even to be learned if JMO gets lynched and is town, because his statements are terse and easily taken in the wrong way if you've already decided he's mafia.

My two cents. JMO, Grey, Gen, Moth, are any of you prepared to switch your votes to Tybalt? HB's given a pretty good case earlier (ISOing tybalt is the easiest way to find it)
So a JMO lynch is out. Ah i don't know about tybalt, I haven't really looked at him much this game so to lynch him would just be me hopping on a wagon. Ill give his character a read over.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Post by mothrax »

How long do we have til deadline? RL kicked my ass this past week...

If a JMO lynch doesn't happen I'm not sure where to go but I will have my mind made up by deadline.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by Honey bee »

Around 7 ish hours.

I think tybalt is a good lynch but we'd have to lynch him without a claim. I thought he'd come back but I guess not.

Hyperion also decided to not come back either :/.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

VOTE: tybalt

Gen wolf, you JUST said last page you would vote Tybalt. Now this page you say you don't know... Hmm.

What's "classic"?

I was waiting for his reply, which we didn't get even though he KNEW it was close ton deadline.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:08 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 463, Gen_Wolf wrote:Because I have had no one else to vote for. Yes, I should probably have unvoted but the wagon was no longer their and thus there is no longer any danger of an imminent hammer.
Gen_Wolf wrote: This game has hit a standstill. I thought once I went to sleep I would wake up to lots of activity and all that. We need to lynch someone else D2 will be the exact same as now. I am still happy with a JMO lynch. He has been my biggest scum read the whole day and because nothing else seems to be happening..
Okay maybe I'm seeing the case for gen_wolf.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:21 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Ya, because I don't want to be forced into a lynch I don't approve of because we need to lynch someone.

Also its classic he keeps promising an update and never delivers.

Anyways, I'm going to put my vote where it always was. I'm not going to join a bandwagon because we need a lynch! I'm going to lynch someone I think is scum.

vote: jmo
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:26 am

Post by talah »

In post 473, Gen_Wolf wrote:I will also vote Tybalt, his lack of play and his constant I will give you my reads now and then doesn't. Either he is just lazy, in which case I would please urge him to replace out, or its a gambit so he never has to answer up to the questions posted.
In post 476, Gen_Wolf wrote:So a JMO lynch is out. Ah i don't know about tybalt, I haven't really looked at him much this game so to lynch him would just be me hopping on a wagon. Ill give his character a read over.
Agreed, but unless we can get 5 people online to vote on some pretty flaky evidence um...

Fake / Pedit: Gen, we need a lynch today??
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:36 am

Post by Honey bee »

"I'm not going to join a bandwagon because we need a lynch!" -gen_wolf

Tybalt is at l-1 just so everyone knows.

Gen, do you believe jmo townslipped or not?
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:41 am

Post by Greywing »

I don't see Tybalt or Hyperion coming back before deadline and I won't be able to post again until after the deadline, so here goes:

VOTE: Tybalt
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
: 3-1
Mafia
: 3-1
Independent
: 0-0
Overall
: 6-2
Times Lynched
: 4
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 am

Post by Honey bee »

we're allowed to make twilight posts, correct?

I want that questioned answered by gen, so if I die someone make sure he does it.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 am

Post by talah »

me too :) but I wanna know why Grey was asking for a dying man's wish
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:51 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 481, Gen_Wolf wrote:Ya, because I don't want to be forced into a lynch I don't approve of because we need to lynch someone.

Also its classic he keeps promising an update and never delivers.

Anyways, I'm going to put my vote where it always was. I'm not going to join a bandwagon because we need a lynch! I'm going to lynch someone I think is scum.

vote: jmo
In post 484, Greywing wrote:I don't see Tybalt or Hyperion coming back before deadline and I won't be able to post again until after the deadline, so here goes:

VOTE: Tybalt
Should have swapped votes with someone. That way you vote them, they unvote and try can hammer. Now, I REALLY hope he's either scum or not a PR. I would have been online for deadline. But thats okay.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:54 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Talah, you are just hopping on any wagon you can get, first it was jmo, then it was tybalt and now it's me. But pretty sure a page ago you said I was fine. You are just wanting to lynch anyone which I am not liking.

Honey, town slips can be faked. Difference is scum slips usually occur unknowingly to the scum player. Town slips can be manufactured and slipped into play. I'm not the biggest believer of them.

Honey, who is on the tybalt wagon please, I'm on my phone so can't really go back and check?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:58 am

Post by talah »

In post 488, Gen_Wolf wrote:Talah, you are just hopping on any wagon you can get, first it was jmo, then it was tybalt and now it's me. But pretty sure a page ago you said I was fine. You are just wanting to lynch anyone which I am not liking.
Ner that's not true but I'm impressed by ur ego. I've got a loving relationship with Grey not answering questions right now, so the inn's full.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:59 am

Post by Honey bee »

mala, me, talah, jmo, greywing.
In post 456, Greywing wrote:To all those still on the Jmo wagon: Care to explain why you still think this is a viable lynch after Jmo's Townslip after he believed he was hammered? I'm specifically looking at Mothrax and Wolf, as they've both posted since.
In post 463, Gen_Wolf wrote:Because I have had no one else to vote for. Yes, I should probably have unvoted but the wagon was no longer their and thus there is no longer any danger of an imminent hammer.
These quote says differently.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:07 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

So hammer has been dropped?

Because I said I should have unvoted doesn't mean I was agreeing to a townslip? Just means I needed to analyse the situation. I believe town slips can be manufactured but when they occur it also means it needs to be evaluated?
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Why you attacking me straight away? According to you, you have just voted off scum and thus should be celebrating. We are waiting to see his alliance when rach posts but you are acting like you already know the answer?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:15 am

Post by talah »

To whom? You've said a few conflicting things in the last few posts and they've been pointed out, not necessarily as accusations.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:15 am

Post by Honey bee »

Thanks for answering :) its obvious though I need to reread you.
In post 492, Gen_Wolf wrote:Why you attacking me straight away? According to you, you have just voted off scum and thus should be celebrating. We are waiting to see his alliance when rach posts but you are acting like you already know the answer?
I need to know answers to questions while they're fresh in my mind. I don't know the flip which is why I try to collect as much information as I can.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:26 am

Post by RachMarie »

Vote Count 1.06 FINAL

Greywing (1) tybalt,
:right: tybalt (5) Honey bee, Malakittens, talah, Jmo16mla, Greywing LYNCH :left:
Jmo16mla (3 ) mothrax, Hyperion, Gen_Wolf

Not Voting

With 9 it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-06-19 14:24:49)

Flip and flavor in next post

BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 am

Post by RachMarie »

There was much chaos over the day. First one person, then another, and then another seemed to be the main suspect and about to be lynched. It was a very long day and the arguing kept on right up to sunset. As the last sliver of light shown over the horizon, they, realizing it was almost night, quickly strung up tybalt.... look at him he is not even paying attention to the game but sitting there taking a nap.

tybalt screamed as you tighten the noose whaat is happening????? you put a gag on his mouth so he can't speak and hang him anyway....

Suddenly he stops twitching and you notice something in his pocket fell out.... It was the keys to the jailhouse... As the moon rises in the sky you slip into your beds feeling sick because you had lynched the one person who could lock up the bad guys......

tybalt
Town Jailkeeper
was lynched on Day 1.

All night actions must be in to me by the deadline which is in (expired on 2013-06-22 08:37:30)

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Sorry flavor was lost in the crash

Still Honey bee VT..

OP has been updated and I sent out PMs to everyone.

With 7 it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-14 00:53:31)

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by talah »

Interesting times. Interesting, somewhat devastating times. Thanks Rach for the update (nice flavours!).

By my underinformed judgement the tybalt lynch means we have either Row 1 or Column A of the setup, in which case I guess that a roleblocker and a bulletproof virtually cancel each other out, if Column A is the setup.

On the upside, at least no one who's town has reason to be mysterious about potential doc or cop roles anymore.

To that effect,
Hyperion
, will you help me out and clarify whether HB's killing is WIFOM; would we be looking for people who HB suspected, or people who HB
didn't suspect
do you think?

Gen_Wolf
, caught one of your pre-crash posts and wanted to clarify that I was in no way jumping from wagon to wagon:
In post 482, talah wrote: Agreed, but unless we can get 5 people online to vote on some pretty flaky evidence um...
Fake / Pedit: Gen, we need a lynch today??
The fake edit was a question I was asking you, when I spotted that you'd 'stubborned up' and effectively said you weren't available for a tybalt lynch even if it meant causing a no-lynch. Several of the things you said in those final couple of furious hours were seemingly contradictory as well, all three of jmo, hb and myself spotted those fairly readily. Any reason for that? (Also 'flaky' means not solid (or probably 'prone to flaking apart') in my land.)

Talking about final couple of furious hours - I think we might have had 5 - 6 hours left with at least a couple of people available to hammer, at the time when you signed tybalt's death certificate,
Greywing
. Bit premature?

mothrax
, you have made a couple of assertions which I'm not sure about - due diligence and all. The first was that Luigi's RVS-style 'I find subbing suspicious' post was 'a serious post'. The second was that jmo's vote on Mala 'was not a gambit'. Could you explain why you think these are both correct assertions?

jmo
, do you think that Grey's vote on mothrax, was more, or less, opportunistic than mothrax's own vote on you?

Mala
, what is it about Hyperion that strikes you as town-like?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 am

Post by mothrax »

@Talah: it wasn't whether or not the luigi post was serious or not it was that Grey automatically demanded that everyone in the game understood that it was a joke, which its obvious at the time that they didn't.

As for JMOs mala vote, I don't like that grey defended it so staunchly as a gambit before JMO said either way. In both of these assertions it's more the defense coming from grey than anything that rubbed me the wrong way. I still really didn't like JMO's mala vote, and as I still am not convinced it was a gambit because grey gave him an out with all the gambit talk.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”