Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 822, Amrun wrote:
In post 814, Syryana wrote:Pedit: Amrun, did you read the conversation between me and Tammy before that "softclaim"? Because it's pretty apparent the "softclaim" is nothing of the sort(see my comment about lacing dance floors with mines) and the "SERIAL KILLER" was intended as a joke.
Of course I'm aware it's a joke. That doesn't change what it says about you that you decided to joke in THAT particular way.
:facepalm:
amrun wrote:
In post 817, Tammy wrote:
In post 758, Amrun wrote:Tammy, my intro is underwhelming? What intro? I haven't read the game yet. Lol. I warned upon replacing in that it would take a while because of how my life works out. Mod said it was okay.
Yeah, intro to me is the first couple posts, which were meh. You'll forgive me I'm sure if you remember our last game you made excuses for not reading and doing stuff and turned out to be scum. (I realize it was a difficult time in your life, but still.)
It took me a while to remember what you were talking about. Yeah, that happened, but it was alignment irrelevant, and this is quite a different ballgame altogether. I told everyone from the outset that nothing doing until Monday, and then internet didn't cooperate. I'm reading, though, obviously.
Uh-huh. And I'm pretty sure I made that comment on Monday. Now unless you have esp and told the mod you'd have internet problems on Monday after your internet problems then I don't see why you're upset I made a comment that day of feeling underwhelmed. If I made that comment after you'd started obviously reading, I could see this complaint, but before that? No, sorry.
In post 824, Amrun wrote:
In post 821, Tammy wrote:
In post 815, Amrun wrote:[
In post 273, Tammy wrote:
In post 255, sword_of_omens wrote:
Tammy
– Is also null..although I have her on my watch list, as her scum game is pretty good and I’d hate to get caught with my pants down…
I've never been accused of have a pretty good scum game before so <3.

(I'm obviously town already if you know how to read me though :P )
I really dislike this appeal to authority. (If you knew what you were doing, you'd read me as town.) Tierce does it, too, but I've seen Tierce do it before as both alignments (though I have to say, more as scum, I think), so it didn't really surprise me there.
Appeal to buzzwhat? Preettttyyy sure the little heart there is a thanks for someone actually being paranoid of me, someone who doesn't believe they have a very good scum game. And I'm kinda sure the :P emoticon denotes a semi-joke. No, SOO probs doesn't know how to read me as he's only seen me once as scum in the game he's referencing.

You're not wrecking face Amrun

Interested in Syry's reasoning on ffery scum.

Aaaaaand I tried to comprehend the past couple pages but I had a ridiculously long day an an interview so my mind is fried. I will get back to this tomorrow after work.
More of the same. You're dismissing a comment on you without comprehending it. I would say this is scummy of you, but it's probably null, since I know you freak out when someone votes you no matter what. But I'm not voting you, so it's a little extreme here...
Er I what? If you mean dismissing your comment, why yes I am. It's quite possibly one of the lamest comments you could make.

If you mean I'm dismissing SoO's comments, you are quite frankly misunderstanding my point. And in misunderstanding my point you made the lame appeal to buzzthority. I'm not freaking out on you, I think your comment is silly.

The first part of my response to SoO could only be read a as a thanks that someone is actually paranoid of me. The second part can only be read as a partial joke. (I say partial because yes it's obvious I'm town to anyone who knows how to read me, but not because SoO has no way of knowing that considering our only experience together is the scum game he's referring to in which he claimed it was pretty good.)

That you are applying a buzzword to that, which in the context of the game really makes no sense, was odd.

And that you actually replied to this without trying to see where I'm coming from is weird. Pretty sure I don't freak out when I'm voted as scum, and you know that, because you've seen me get voted as scum and not care at all, so don't give me that bs.

And I wouldn't care less if you voted me...let's see how much traction you get with that. What I'm pointing out is that you made a silly buzzword appeal to something you didn't understand. The fact that you can't understand that you misunderstood something is troubling.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Amrun »

In the context of the game it DOES make sense. I DID understand it. It's not the first time you've done it this game. Dropping little hints here and there that if we were smart enough, if we KNEW YOUR META, we WOULD READ YOU AS TOWN. That's an appeal to authority -- it's not a "buzzword" and trying to dismiss it as such is silly. Even if you want to qualify it as a buzzword, that doesn't make it untrue.

And it wasn't a complaint I was making: I was saying that at first, when you made the comment, I didn't understand where you were coming from, but now, upon being remind of the game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned, I do, and that's okay, I get it, but I am reading now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by Amrun »

Oh, and sorry if this is news, Tammy, but you are WELL known flailing after votes as any alignment. It was actually a conversation at Balto Meet. I assumed this is something you would know about your play, but if not... Merry Christmas? I was saying that because it's something I would normally designate as scummy but I think it's more of a null tell for you.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 826, Amrun wrote:In the context of the game it DOES make sense. I DID understand it. It's not the first time you've done it this game. Dropping little hints here and there that if we were smart enough, if we KNEW YOUR META, we WOULD READ YOU AS TOWN. That's an appeal to authority -- it's not a "buzzword" and trying to dismiss it as such is silly. Even if you want to qualify it as a buzzword, that doesn't make it untrue.

And it wasn't a complaint I was making: I was saying that at first, when you made the comment, I didn't understand where you were coming from, but now, upon being remind of the game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned, I do, and that's okay, I get it, but I am reading now.

:? I'm going to go out on a limb here, and I think limbs notwithstanding my posts should make that clear enough, that I never even came close to suggesting intelligence was synonymous with experience. I mean I'm pretty sure I thanked someone for being paranoid of me! And then said if they knew how to read me, smiley and all, that they'd see me as town here. I think, I'm not sure, but I think that denotes that if he'd seen me as town and as scum, as opposed to just the scum for which I'm thanking him for being paranoid of, would mean the difference. And I also think, though I'm not so sure, that me putting an emoticon at the end of it denotes me being in a bit of a humorous mood. But, feel free to come up with a buzzword for that too.

Oh and I think, the only people I've talked about me being town to were Matt and Syryana. I'm sure there's an appeal to something for each of those separately though if you think hard enough!
In post 827, Amrun wrote:Oh, and sorry if this is news, Tammy, but you are WELL known flailing after votes as any alignment. It was actually a conversation at Balto Meet. I assumed this is something you would know about your play, but if not... Merry Christmas? I was saying that because it's something I would normally designate as scummy but I think it's more of a null tell for you.
I'm so super glad for you that you had a high school moment where you got to be in the in-crowd and discussing the ins and outs of others that aren't included. I really am. And I'm also super glad that you THINK this makes you santa. Do I, yes, get flustered when voted and suspected as town. Oh my gods that's news. If I pretend I don't know that, do I get presents? (I'd like a puppy.)

I couldn't care less what your null tell is on me. I care about my read on you, and what I find troubling is the lame comments you've made while catching up. The appeal to the buzzword was exceedingly silly, and there's really no reason for you, once I pointed out what I meant, for you not to understand that post I made. But instead you pulled the "you're not comprehending" when actually dear you're not comprehending. There was no appeal to buzzword there. There was no reason for you to see that you misunderstood not only my posts but syryana's posts to me as well.

But feel free to revel in your gossipy moments...I have better things to do...and if anyone catches me on here posting again, kick my ass. I have to be up in less than four hours :(
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by Amrun »

You seem to have taken some offense -- I didn't mean anything I said as an insult. We all have quirks in our play, and it's not good or bad, just meta that we all get to know by playing with one another. It doesn't matter if there are emoticons, or if it's a joke. You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying that the way you keep cheekily suggesting you are town, and that if we just knew you better, we would know you were town, is something that I find scummy. There's absolutely no need to be so condescending. I'm commenting on your play, in the context of a game, I think ... or am I not so sure? I have no idea where that came from. Calm down.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

Is there any way I can view the whole thread in a single page?
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by implosion »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=5046000 time=1371635573 user_id=10128 post_num=830]Is there any way I can view the whole thread in a single page?
No (I think), but adding &ppp=200 to the end of the url will change it to 200 posts per page (200 is the max).

hp is an okay lynch. His response to thinking that antagon softclaimed the role (i.e., the fact that he mentioned it at all) is somewhat suspect. I'd vote him over antagon considering antagon's claim, and might as well now since deadline.

VOTE: hp [leaves]
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:13 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXIII

:right:
Antagon (6)
~ Katsuki, Amrun, hp [leaves], Zdenek, enomis, Oversoul
hp [leaves] (5)
~ Zachrulez, Tierce, Antagon, sword_of_omens, implosion
fferyllt (2)
~ MattP, Syryana
MattP (1)
~ Tammy
Zachrulez (0)
~
(implosion)

Not Voting:
fferyllt

--With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(22%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:24 am

Post by enomis »

People on the Hp wagon, could you please clarify your stand?
Why do you want to lynch Hp:
1) Because you think he is scum
2) Because you don't want antagon to be lynched today

Which is a bigger factor to you.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 773, enomis wrote:Anyone mind explaining to me whats the alien thingy?
Usually, I think, it role blocks your target and makes it untargetable to any other actions.
hp [leaves wrote: post_id=5043873 time=1371572216 user_id=10128 post_num=774]
In post 759, Zdenek wrote:We could lynch hp [leaves], since Antagon is probably bussing him.
Hey I think someone is scum, let"s lynch someone else instead
My vote is on antagon. I want him lynched, but I can understand people's qualms about lnching a PR.
hp [leaves wrote: post_id=5043903 time=1371572934 user_id=10128 post_num=778]I hate you all for forcing me to use this shitty internet wihch I can use on a shitty public computer which has an Italian keyboard with symbols all over the wrong places
Considering the effort you've put it, I have a hard time seeing this level of resentment as legitimate.
In post 791, Antagon wrote:That's because I'm not done yet.
Antagon:
Explain this comment?
In post 814, Syryana wrote:Does what you wrote here match your experience with SyrScum?
My points there have nothing to do with meta. Ive seen you in one game where you replaced in, so I'm not even sure that the comparison is justified. Why are you bringing meta up?
In post 814, Syryana wrote:Burden of proficiency is not what I was accusing Zach of.
What do you call it when you expect more of a player because of their scummies?
In post 814, Syryana wrote:Sheeping Tierce wins games, at least when Tierce is town.
Where are you getting this from?
In post 814, Syryana wrote:Zdenek, that post reeked. Lots of IIoA, complete disregard for my scum meta.
I believe that I gave the information and then gave my analysis. If you want to ignore the analysis then there's not much I can say. I have never seen you as town, so I have no idea why you expect me to consider your meta. Why is this the first time you've criticized someone for not considering another person's meta?
In post 814, Syryana wrote:Does this mean an Antigon townflip would disintegrate your Tierce scumread?
At that moment, perhaps, now no. I think if she was bussing she would have stayed on the lynch. Now, I'm concerned that her read there changed for a terrible reason and she is scum trying to stay off a town-lynch for town-cred.
In post 814, Syryana wrote:Two wagons on scum doesn't feel right to me for some reason.
Why, because that was the situation in Voided's nightless game?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:01 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 814, Syryana wrote:
In post 725, Zachrulez wrote:I'm liking Antagon even less now that he hasn't really done any real scumhunting since his claim. He left an indicator that he would be able to provide more content over the weekend but aside from talking about his claim... nothing.

Not really sure what I think of Matt now at this point.

Unvote: Vote: Hp [leaves]

On iso I don't like him... or his predecessor at all.

I'd be pretty happy with this day if it ended with an Antagon, Hp, or Amrun (If she doesn't come through with any content.) lynch.
I read the first line
then I read the second
Then I saw the vote
and my head exploded

Help me understand this, Zach. Why, if Antigon has given you nothing and you believe him scummier for it, are you changing your vote? What makes hp[leaves] a worthier lynch than Antigon?
I think I've gone as far as to state a willingness to lynch him. The claim still does give me some reluctance to do so. Still, it's possible to have more then one suspect and I don't think I ever actually said I found Antagon scummier than hp.
Antagon
Antagon
Goon
Antagon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Antagon »

In post 833, enomis wrote:People on the Hp wagon, could you please clarify your stand?
Why do you want to lynch Hp:
1) Because you think he is scum
2) Because you don't want antagon to be lynched today

Which is a bigger factor to you.
Because of the bungle flip-flopping.
Because I don't want to be lynched.
Because lynching the un-CC'd PR is always a bad idea.
In post 834, Zdenek wrote:
In post 791, Antagon wrote:That's because I'm not done yet.
Antagon:
Explain this comment?
Because I'm actually only on about Page 8 because I physically couldn't get to a computer before then.
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because I'm stupid!"
"That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For instance, I cry because other people are stupid and that makes me sad." -
The Big Bang Theory
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:29 am

Post by MattP »

Did you seriously just say that you not be counterclaimed for your ridiculously specific and unusual role is a reason for you to be town?

Unrelated to that question, VOTE: antagon
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 am

Post by MattP »

Amrun, have you done a full read through
SlappyKrust
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Vi »

Mod scene forthcoming. Don't panic.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXIV

:right:
Antagon (8)
~ Katsuki, Amrun, hp [leaves], Zdenek, enomis, Oversoul, MattP
hp [leaves] (5)
~ Zachrulez, Tierce, Antagon, sword_of_omens, implosion
fferyllt (1)
~
(MattP,)
Syryana
MattP (1)
~ Tammy

Not Voting:
fferyllt

--With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
---This vote count is correct.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(16%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Vi »

Poo knew fully well how cruel destiny could be. He was prepared for this; he had trained his whole life to best the rigors of mortality and become a monk capable of saving the world.

But he never knew how to communicate with people outside Dalaam, and so he was helpless to save himself when he was shoveled up by an angry mob and pitched over the cliff of the floating island.

--- Antagon --- Poo (from EarthBound),
Town Sharing Ascetic
--- Eliminated Day 1...

--- Antagon --- Demise (from The Legend of Zelda),
Abyss Vanilla
--- Plummeted back to the depths Day 1!

-----

Night 1 begins now.

Please have all actions in by Friday, June 21 2013 at 2100 EDT. (That's in...
(expired on 2013-06-21 21:00:00)
. )
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Night 1 will continue for a little while longer. Please watch warmly.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by Vi »

Only twelve people gather the next morning. One of the missing personae, royalty from a distant realm, was nowhere to be found.

--- Zachrulez --- Mallow (from the Mario series),
Town Vanilla
--- Sublimed Night 1.

And the other one was definitely someplace to be found. Minus a rather vital chunk.

--- enomis --- Infel (from Ar Tonelico),
Town Cultilante
--- Impaled Night 1...

And with that swan song, a shooting star could be seen falling through the sky... The satellite Infel Phira.
You feel the removal of an invisible force that permeated the island's presence...

...and then a feeling of vulnerability as waves of foreboding flood over you.

Get ready.

~Vote Count XXV

Not Voting:
(enomis,)
fferyllt, implosion, Katsuki, MattP, hp [leaves], Oversoul, Amrun, sword_of_omens, Syryana, Tammy, Tierce,
(Antagon, Zachrulez,)
Zdenek

-It is now Day 2!

-Please note that the game is now in the APOCALYPSE phase. Please see the rules for further information. Deadlines will fall at the stated times whether the moderator is present for them or not.

--With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
--Deadline is 01:20 EDT on June 25, 2013.
(Only got 3 days left)
Last edited by Vi on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by Tammy »

VOTE: MattP

Will also vote implosion or hpleaves

Also heads up, I'm in the midst of preparing for an interview across the country next week. I will be around, but not that much.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by MattP »

Protip: You're wrong
SlappyKrust
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

Protip: That's not helpful.

Who am I wrong about? Who do you suspect?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Zdenek »

hmmmm

Vote: hp [leaves]

Basically, Antagon's scum read on mr. bungle makes no sense in the context of his (no) read on Oversoul - he should have been reading bungles as null to, but he wasn't, he also certainly wasn't trying to get [hp]/bungles lynched. It was a shitty distancing attempt.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Tierce »

Tomorrow. Curious about that lynch threshold Yesterday and obviously didn't expect to not have more than 72h to devote to this game Today, but--well. Obvious busy-ness is kind of obvious if you're not colorblind, so give me a few hours and I'll deliver when possible.

(Zach dying was a HUGE relief on my paranoia, by the by.)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

There are about 3 pages or so missing.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”