orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:27 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Thanks.

But since we're on the subject I'm a bit surprised I'm still being townread so easily despite said game.

Should I be a bit worried
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:29 am

Post by DOMO »

I've already pointed out your activity there was immense, I just don't see you being so quiet for 20-odd pages if you rolled scum again. I might be wrong, but that's good enough for me to townread you on d1.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Experiential meta is the basis of my thinking BRO isn't scum. In our first game together my read was null/scum on day 1. IIRC I called out for more day 2 scrutiny on him and another player in my last minute hammervote post. His play has become less ambiguous since that game. Nacho gave him some great postgame feedback.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27639
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 am

Upon reading that paragraph a third time, I don't think your reasoning as terribly bad as I originally thought

Talk to me about stubbs

Pedit: hnnnnnnnnnnnng
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 am

In post 34, BROseidon wrote:Also Zdenek is totes right I am obviously scum.

VOTE: BROseidon

Okay. /sarcasm off.

VOTE: ProHawk
Like I said this seems forced
In post 73, BROseidon wrote: Why can't Varsoon be in this game his shitty reaction tests are hilarious. Then again, we already have a village idiot.

Guys can we not vote TiP he's just our village idiot.
This also seems forced
In post 182, BROseidon wrote:
In post 100, TheIrishPope wrote:BRO might be insightful Town or bussing scum.
Who would I be bussing if I were scum?
This might just be an idealistic difference but why would you be talking to someone who you think is a VI
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:37 am

Post by DOMO »

Stubbs is someone I think could be scum. I don't like anyone on the nero wagon, but then at the same time I highly doubt all three are scum. But I feel like the nero wagon is an attempt to divert votes away from one of bro/doc/stevie. So I feel like there's scum on there, so yeah stubbs is in my scum pool.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 600, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Thanks.

But since we're on the subject I'm a bit surprised I'm still being townread so easily despite said game.

Should I be a bit worried
TBH I have reason to be much more leery of both you and Nacho than I have in the past. I probably won't town read you in the middle of RVS ever again. What I have to judge right now isn't RVS, though.

I do have some paranoia that Nacho is able to anticipate what I'll find scummy in posts and why. The Ank post 41 thing is a case in point. Should have cemented a town read. Instead I keep looking back at that and wondering. In the buzzword bingo game he p much proved he reads my mind. :(
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:48 am

In post 297, BROseidon wrote:
In post 238, Zdenek wrote:Could everyone just vote Stevie. Guy's flipping scum.
What happened to your tunnel on me? Do you think that Stevie and I could be scum together?
Is Majiffy/Buldey in here? Good I'm using bold. The second question is stupid here.
In post 244, Calcifer wrote:It's likely this is from a difference in site meta as opposed to any sort of real scum motivation. Do you really think that he thinks he can suddenly convince us to drop townreads forever? No.
I didn't realize that Stevie was coming from another site. Will reevaluate him with this in mind.
Why should this change anything
In post 262, Ankamius wrote:I mean, I agree that the plan was terrible (which I've already said a couple times), but this explanation of it is just plain bad. The part directly before it WOULD set up a connection, since scum trying hard enough to set up a specific townie being wagoned first can bite them in the ass later. Naturally town are just going to put whoever the fuck they want in the list too, since there's literally no information outside of that plan's existence at all that would change the lists.
The connections would be invalid because scum can tailor them based on statistical blips in how town does shit. It creates WIFOM that is scum-controlled.
Yes it is an anti-town plan, but he's new. Remember what Varsoon's alignment is when he's cray-cray.
In post 262, Ankamius wrote:I can easily see scum doing this. I've done something similar in a recent scum game. I was the first wagon of the game and I self-voted because it was safer than responding normally; it has a higher chance of appearing scum in a reaction test.

Basically, scum paranoia.
Or me being sarcastic that nobody was actually presenting a case on me.
I feel like there a lot of more productive ways to respond to empty cases
In post 270, Brian Hollywood wrote:Hola I'm still here.

Vote: TheIrishPope

Simply bc it sounded like a good idea at the time.
Post something useful.
In post 286, StevieT92 wrote:ISO'd Ank. Don't see anything scummy and I don't get the wagon on him at all.
What do you think of Nacho and ffery's arguments?

Reread Steve with the consideration that he comes from another site meta and I don't like his reaction to pressure. His response has been OMGUS and a bunch of weak posts. His scumhunting is weak.
Okay how the hell is this 'other site' info factoring into your reads

Nero is irking me but I don't think he's scum. He's in the null-town range for me. TSO's case is shit, but I feel like it's null unless one of the people who was under pressure when he posted it (letters, stevie, or nero) flip scum, in which case I'll definitely want to pressure TSO. Also, TSO has done jack for providing anything except for his case. Like Zdenek's response to TSO's case.
At least you're right on Nero.

Ank's case on me is shit but the shit case and tunneling is null. At least he's trying to scumhunt despite being under pressure, which is more than can be said for Stevie.
Why is a shit case null, to you
In post 463, BROseidon wrote:
In post 455, Brian Hollywood wrote:I am scum. Discuss.
Varsoon is not in this game can we please not have shitty reaction tests.
Pft
In post 456, Zdenek wrote:I knew I was going to need this.
Daykill: Brian Hollywood
Guys can we not all try to be Varsoon kthx. Seriously shitty reaction tests do jack shit.
Pft. You've fluff-posted, and now you're hating on others for doing the same?

Rev if I am your top scumread why not put a vote there until your other head gets back? It's not like I'm at risk of getting hammered anyways.

That Doc was not able to see the relevance of Nacho's link immediately is disconcerting, although his response is a decent defense. However, I don't like how his response to pressure is to keep tunneling one player instead of just massflailing like a good townie.
Why is tunneling scum, I /never/ understood this. And I dont really think this game has been going on long enough for 'tunneling' to be clear yet. I really think it's one of the words that, like OMGUS, are insanely overused.

@Doc DO YOU HAVE OTHER GAMES I WANT TO READ THEM IF YOU DO KTHX.

Still like the Stevie wagon slightly more, but am very close to jumping onto Doc.
ew.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:51 am

Oh yeah, most of the times it's obvious, but for the times that it isn't I need Mastin and Nacho to sign their posts please thanks :)

I can't tell the two of you apart :/
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am

Post by DOMO »

Looking at stubss' ISO, I can see him being scum with BRO and/or doc based on #383. Plus he's townreading doc and stevie to justify being on the nero wagon.

In fact fuck this, BRO, doc, stevie and stubbs are all scum. You heard it here first. God I hope scum are actually playing that transparent lol.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am

In post 331, Doc Holliday wrote:Whoa, did anyone else catch Ankamius' shameless buddying/self-meta/calling-self-Town bit in 328? I wasn't sold on Ankamius as scum before, but that's definitely shifting my opinion in that direction
No.

No.

This is a bad post and be ashamed. Testing the waters + throwing out a scumread for entirely a fabricated reason
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:53 am

In post 609, DOMO wrote:Looking at stubss' ISO, I can see him being scum with BRO and/or doc based on #383. Plus he's townreading doc and stevie to justify being on the nero wagon.

In fact fuck this, BRO, doc, stevie and stubbs are all scum. You heard it here first. God I hope scum are actually playing that transparent lol.
You got 3/4

You're wrong on Stevie.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 am

A dram PL I would also not be opposed to
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:08 am

Post by DOMO »

Stevie's probably my least confident read of the four.

BRO = doc > stubbs > stevie

I get no read from dram's posts but a PL isn't in my arsenal except in rare circumstance. Further, I find PL suggestions scummy.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:11 am

Why are you calling me scum in this roundabout way

Why not just man up to your accusation
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:12 am

Post by DOMO »

I'm not saying you're scum, but you definitely dropped a town point or two. Why do you want to PL dram?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:18 am

Post by T S O »

In post 589, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 498, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 497, T S O wrote:
In post 474, Calcifer wrote:
In post 472, TheIrishPope wrote:Calcifer
Are you Town
Just tell me now
Also, who should I vote
Yes. Vote Doc Holliday with me while we wait for Syryana to get back.
This. Also, TIP's post, but I can't multiquote that easily atm.
Who's "they"?
And why do you think Metal Sonic is more scummy than Doc Holliday?
answered the first question.
In post 500, T S O wrote:"They" as in the people who said it was a bad case? Practically half the game.

..perhaps the case wasn't fully damning. However! Its coreprinciples were correct!

*stands down from stage*
Re-asked/re-framed.
In post 503, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 500, T S O wrote:"They" as in the people who said it was a bad case? Practically half the game.

..perhaps the case wasn't fully damning. However! Its coreprinciples were correct!

*stands down from stage*
and...your vote is on MS instead of Doc Holliday because _____?
I misfiled this one under "oh duh tell the person you are pressure voting that it's a pressure vote so they stop giving a fuck" instead of "answered my question".
In post 508, T S O wrote:
In post 503, Rift Adrift wrote:

*stands down from stage*
and...your vote is on MS instead of Doc Holliday because _____?
I'm leaving it there to pressure MS to actually do shit. So far, it's worked.

At least, I think this is the game he started posting in.
I'll bring this up with Syr when we synch up again.
I've played with MS before and he's not a bad player. I think he'd be clever enough to play like an idiot so people ignore him for ages and write anything he does off as "lol it's ms". The crap he was posting was either totally irrelevant "Stevie and Evie" or stuff a 6 year old would understand (asking hydra questions when they're obviously in the OP). When I took notice of this he started trying to discredit me by saying "I'M VERY VERY SURE TSO DOESN'T READ!" which was different to his random posting as it had clear scum motives. So I kept after him and he eventually started relatively normally and playing to a standard expected.

PEdit: explain "PL dram".
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:20 am

Post by T S O »

Nvm, it's not a phrase, we're talking players here.

>_)>
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 am

In post 615, DOMO wrote:I'm not saying you're scum, but you definitely dropped a town point or two. Why do you want to PL dram?
Because I don't think I could read him.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:23 am

Post by DOMO »

I can't read him at the moment, but I don't want to kill him off for that alone. I prefer to lynch people I'm reading as scum.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 616, T S O wrote:
I've played with MS before and he's not a bad player. I think he'd be clever enough to play like an idiot so people ignore him for ages and write anything he does off as "lol it's ms". The crap he was posting was either totally irrelevant "Stevie and Evie" or stuff a 6 year old would understand (asking hydra questions when they're obviously in the OP). When I took notice of this he started trying to discredit me by saying "I'M VERY VERY SURE TSO DOESN'T READ!" which was different to his random posting as it had clear scum motives. So I kept after him and he eventually started relatively normally and playing to a standard expected.

PEdit: explain "PL dram".

so you really are that PO guy!!!

oh yay
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:29 am

Post by DOMO »

I feel like MS is more interested in this game than I've been used to, and TSO's point about him asking hydra questions is something that pinged for me too, it just seemed like posting for the sake of posting.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 am

In post 619, DOMO wrote:I can't read him at the moment, but I don't want to kill him off for that alone. I prefer to lynch people I'm reading as scum.
okay but let's be honest is anybody going to be able to read dramonic at all

I wanted to policy lynch lurker in BSG for the same reason. Dramonic is not getting night killed. He is not going to be of any asset to town while alive. Keeping him alive is also not going to aid our read on him because we can't read him.

So we're going to lynch dramonic sooner or later, and since we gain more information and better reads (theoretically) by keeping your scumreads around for one extra day, I would suggest that the optimum move right now is to policy dramonic.

what do you think
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 621, DOMO wrote:I feel like MS is more interested in this game than I've been used to, and TSO's point about him asking hydra questions is something that pinged for me too, it just seemed like posting for the sake of posting.

yeah well all my mafia games I've been playing
(4 of them) are stagnant atm,

by that I mean extra boring and no new info and just waiting for others to provide important reads/opinion

so I look over here and bump
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 am

hi ms

have i said anything that you find interesting

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”