Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:43 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Okay, so after I put my bid in I was bored and wondering whether anything in the draft could help us find scum.

Then I thought, "You know, it's probably the 1's."

I checked previous PyP games, and in all the open games scum picked 1... hmm.

VERY probably 1 scum in cade/ytwc

VOTE: your troubles will cease
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:53 am

Yeah. I think scum think the risk is worth it - if it works they're first, if it fails oh well we still have two other scum.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:54 am

Good point though. I'm gonna go check the scum qt's of the past games lol.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:07 am

YAY MASSIVE QUOTE WALL WOO.
Scum in 427 wrote:Alright. Cobbler, if you haven't picked already, I reckon it'd be worth taking 1 in the hope that everybody else will think somebody else will take it. I think with 1, 4 and 8, we'd have a pretty good chance of getting at least one of us pretty high up in the drafting order.
Scum in 486 wrote:I think it's worth one of us going for 1 because I'm sure if we don't someone else will and if they don't then we'll have first pick. Then perhaps 4-10 and 10-15. If safety is correct then perhaps even numbers are the way to go.
Scum in 472 wrote:Guys I'm picking 1

someone pick 2

and someone 3

People will get scared of picking these low numbers.

I'm only scared this might obv point to us...
Scum in 374 wrote:I think we should avoid picking numbers 2-4. I feel like people are not going to want to pick number 1 thinking that other people might and go for those numbers. I think we should also avoid picking 7.
OtherScum in 374 wrote:Im taking #1, which was my plan if I was town. If I get it, im taking vig, which even though I hate it, its what I alluded to before, taking it means that no one else will get it. As town I would just grab it and then never shoot. If I dont get it im taking a scrub role. Even now im not going to shoot if I get it for a long period of time, probably until an endgame.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:18 am

I got fourth. I KNEW I was getting around fourth. You think I'm not serious?

Ask the 12 people who didn't take 1. It's super risky. Scum have a lot smaller a risk in doing it.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 am

Basically, now that I think more (I should really do my thinking before the first post dangit), I'm not saying town don't do it I'm saying scum do it.

There's 2 people who took 1. One of them is probably town.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 am

Hey, belisarius has a point. I think town are likely to act in their own interests in the draft, without regard for the overall shape of the draft, (Ik I did). If you look at things from the perspective of being good for ALL the town then it's way less risky for town to go for 1.

And nobody has ever gone after the people who picked 1 in previous pyp games for picking 1 and it's WIFOM. Drawing attention isn't a good reason.

Anyway, i like ytwc's response, and not stryker's so
UNVOTE: your trouble's will cease
VOTE: stryker
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 am

Random other trends I noticed in PyP games.

The highest number ends up as the 4th number (although this one was sheer luck in one case as it only 2 unique and only 2 pairs lol)
The number 4 is always doubled up, and often last. (You guys suck.)
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Alabaska why random vote instead of comment on stuff that's happened?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Doubling up probably isn't going to happen because most people won't realize the potential gain.

And I don't think I've ever played with you.

And I think what happened was nothing to do with number theory beyond further narrowing down the scum of a pool of 6.

And how the hell is my pick of over 9000 relevant? I could have picked TWO and I wouldn't be implicating myself.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 am

In post 55, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Doubling up probably isn't going to happen because most people won't realize the potential gain.
this is not a good reason to disregard the possibility. how do we know they won't realize the potential gain?
We don't. But it's very unlikely. How many people use the numbers? You'd have to be one to realize what's the reward in the draft phase. You don't even agree with the idea, so I find it highly doubtful you're scum that's doubled up. Everyone else isn't bothering with the numbers.

Also, if you wait for certainty you get nothing done because even a cop with a guilty could be scum fakeclaiming. You have to go with the most likely scenario, which is that scum didn't double up.
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5055250#p5055250]post 54[/url], [quote=Siveure DtTrikyp post_id=5055250 time=1372129906 user_id=19215 post_num=54] wrote:And I think what happened was nothing to do with number theory beyond further narrowing down the scum of a pool of 6.
i don't understand the point you are making. can you please clarify this?
Twas a response to pecan's thing about hoopla in the other game.
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:And how the hell is my pick of over 9000 relevant? I could have picked TWO and I wouldn't be implicating myself.
it is relevant because you are accusing scum of choosing lower numbers since you think they can afford to take the risk while you yourself don't choose a lower number - in fact you choose the highest number. i'm not saying it is a smoking gun by ANY means, but it is certainly relevant because you are conveniently not in a position to be suspected by your own theory.

you seem pretty defensive here, so i'm gonna go with my gut and
VOTE: Siveure DtTrikyp
Can't argue with defensive. W/E. This SUCKS. So much. Euck.

Anyway, I'm not accusing scum of choosing lower numbers in general. I'm accusing scum of choosing ONE. JUST ONE. Two isn't the mystical lowest number available that guarantees you first place if no-one picks it.
In post 58, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Alabaska actually raises a decent point. Choosing a number over 9000 doesn't clear you. Yeah, it doesn't implicate you either, like Siv pointed out in #54, but the defensiveness is interesting.

@Siveure
This is your first PYP game yes? Were you hoping to get a free town ticket with your draft number?
Ah. Defensiveness. So if I don't be defensive I don't need to be. Novel concept.

Anyway, This is my third PyP game and I was hoping to get high with my draft number. Nobody is going to give a crap what I picked or who I could be scumbuddies with because I've already done this setup twice.

Cade's entry is interesting. He's the scummier of the two 1's even before that post, and he's voting stryker? Eh, it really doesn't mean anything as it's his first game.

Pecan's case is basically what I saw when I voted stryker, I just um... suck at cases. So much.

I picked 9002, as I wanted the highest number so might as well go ridiculously high and the DBZ reference doesn't hurt. And I didn't want 9001 JUST IN CASE anyone had the exact same train of thought up to that point.

Hey, I LOVE MAKING WALLS ITS SO FUN!
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:02 pm

In post 96, Alabaska J wrote:
your tone sounded very final to me, as if you were disregarding the possibility. my point is that your theory is so vague and not likely to help until later that i don't see why you make such a big deal about dismissing the doubling up thing in the first place. i don't think it is relevant, while you seem to imply:
In post 91, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Also, if you wait for certainty you get nothing done because even a cop with a guilty could be scum fakeclaiming. You have to go with the most likely scenario, which is that scum didn't double up.
that we should
disregard
it. that seems a bit severe. you seem to think that i am for using the theory to scumhunt, which is incorrect. i am saying it could be interesting but something we shouldn't use as a case right now. you say we should actively not think about it, which i find puzzling. do you see the difference here?
You say you considered the drafting or something somewhere. W/E.

And we shouldn't think on it if our thoughts are "OMG WIFOM WE CAN'T KNOW ANYTHING," when it's fairly clear that stuff works.
In post 91, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
In post 54, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:And how the hell is my pick of over 9000 relevant? I could have picked TWO and I wouldn't be implicating myself.
it is relevant because you are accusing scum of choosing lower numbers since you think they can afford to take the risk while you yourself don't choose a lower number - in fact you choose the highest number. i'm not saying it is a smoking gun by ANY means, but it is certainly relevant because you are conveniently not in a position to be suspected by your own theory.

you seem pretty defensive here, so i'm gonna go with my gut and
VOTE: Siveure DtTrikyp
Can't argue with defensive. W/E. This SUCKS. So much. Euck.
no you can't argue with defensive, but you could try and defend yourself in a non-scummy way. it is not that you are defensive, but the context around your defensiveness that warrants my vote. also, since this is my first really serious vote of the day, there is, to be frank, less to go on than, say, a vote on day 3. you going straight for the OMGUS here really reinforces my view. you act as though you are in danger of being lynched already, for pete's sake![/quote]

What context? I assume you don't mean it being the first vote on me when I've gone kinda aggressively pushing some stuff before? What omgus? I can't even find anything that could be omgus. And the stuff that sucks is me playing very good (for me) early on and still getting suspected which I'm kinda tired of. Or maybe I just whine about how much I get suspected without actually being suspected that much. W/E.

I get lynched a lot, so I always panic when someone who seems to know what they're doing (which is basically everyone who can make a case) comes up with a case on me. It's a sivtell.

Random other responses below.

I don't like the fos on YTWC - you're not seeing the same stuff that we're seeing on stryker, which is kinda weird.

I suck at hard data and logic.
out of curiosity, what numbers did you pick the other times?
My previous numbers were 3 (following my scumbuddies recommendation of a 1-2-3 pick) and 9 (thinking the max was 10 and thus going high.)

PEdit: Where was stryker trying to direct the conversation TO?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:50 am

In post 105, Alabaska J wrote:context as it being early and, yes, the first vote on you. i don't see how you can respond aggressively to votes before the first vote though...? so i am not seeing that argument (or maybe am misreading you). i interpret your "this sucks. Euck." as referring to my case on you. if you meant the situation however, it wouldn't be OMGUS necessarily. clarify this please.
Huh?

I'm asking where is the OMGUS and you're asking ME to clarify? No. This is clear. You first.

The first is not referring to votes.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:58 am

How can you say you're not?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 am

Does anyone have any way of telling mutley's alignment? I assume he's always like this but does he ever change at all?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 am

I don't mean like does he change from alignment to alignment, I mean does he change from day to day?

If he stays like this all game we should just lynch him b/c we won't be able to tell.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Yes I was town when I pikced 9.

Alabaska, the point of a policy lynch in this instance is that if we can't tell if he's scum, and never will, then he HAS to be lynched because it's no worse than random odds and we don't want to waste time on him. But hey I say we give him a free pass today and crack down HARD tomorrow or day 3.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:07 am

Eh, I'm in favour of not hitting the 4s because they're 4s. At least two of them are town. My theory isn't really opposing hoopla's, it's just sort of wildly speculating in realms beyond it. And it was mostly a way to get out of rvs. It may not have started that way but that's what it's become (Although I do think cade is scummy).

People doubling up will not happen unless someone deliberately decides to screw with the meta of draft number theory and very few players actually know/care about that and those who do we can disregard the idea for (and it's still unlikely for those, as it IS screwing you over in the draft.) The players I'd be cautious of are alabaska somewhat and pecan definitely, should they flip scum. And me, for everyone else, but as I said it's pointless.

Sure, you may have people fake ignorance of the ideas of number theory but that is REALLY screwing with it and superrisky if someone actually catches you on it and if someone pulls this off successfully they deserve the win.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:21 am

Deckard's reads look really surface.
In post 159, Deckard wrote:Credits go to Siv for getting us out of the RVS that early and I don’t believe for a second that Siv would risk to start theorizing about the draft as scum while he has pucked such a high (and unique) number.
Hey, what about me starting the theorizing to lock it away from my stupidly high number?

Amd ytwc has a gooood point.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am

Hey, so um, I'd kindof like smudger to say what reads he's gotten so far.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:47 am

Ew I'm kindof just waiting for stryker to react I wish he'd post.

(Yeah this is a prod-dodge)
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:09 am

Uh, who the hell is susan?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 am

You know, the whole stryker thing is a pointless waste of time, as

"Last visited:Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 pm"

Yeaaah.

Waitaminute that's two days after his last post... Hrmm, I think he really should be replaced by now.

And dangit I've been way too focused on stryker argh.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:12 pm

UNVOTE: stryker

bored with this vote and nothing coming from it.

VOTE: smudger

Extreeeme gut.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:09 am

Lol.

EVERYONE thinks 4 is safe, thus it isn't.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:18 am

Anyway I find the thought on sakura interesting, as her vote on smudger was really weird.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:42 am

Nah I don't think scum wouldn't pick 4. As I said, EVERYONE thinks its safe, not just town. Twas just filler tbh.

Anyway... I'm going to go into sheep mode and

UNVOTE: smudger
VOTE: sakura

Pedit: the vote on smudger comes after my vote, not after the post in question, so she misread it in a way that she found scummy a full day after she first got back to thread?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Did crimml somehow pick a post restriction of can only promise to re-read the game once then get replaced?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Smudger/sakura/deckard is a little weird just b/c 4/5/6.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Wow that is the craziest defence ever.

Still lynch it.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm

"I'm not doing anything and when I was scum I did more than I did now."

That defence.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:24 am

In post 283, Yesterday wrote:I think I just hit the jackpot, sorry if this seems messy but notice this:

Playerlist:

Belisarius
Mutleyddmc
Smudger
Your Troubles Will Cease
Sakura Hana
Siveure DtTrikyp
pieceofpecanpie
Alabaska J
*Xdaamno Moon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Elyse Crimml
Deckard
*Cade
Yesterday Stryker

And Deckards reads list order in :

Belisarius
Mutleyddmc
Smudger
Your Troubles Will Cease
Siveure DtTrikyp
pieceofpecanpie
Alabaska J
Xdaamno
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Crimml
Cade
Stryker
Sakura Hana

He's left his scum partner until last to state a read on while doing everyone else in the OP's order.
Hangon a moment isn't there three scum?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:45 am

Okay finished reading everything and Idk who to vote.

Um, I read posts 267-269 as smudger did. Given that xdaamno did nothing with it that's reaaaally weird.

I think the doctor/jailkeeper should make up their own mind on who to protect if we have one. Eh, that softclaim is slightly risky just b/c we might not even have a doctor.

Sakura has no reason not to vote deckard or herself unless they're scumbuddies.

VOTE: deckard
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:53 am

Sakura, telling us all to just lynch you is trying to lynch the only confirmed town you know isn't it?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #34) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:59 am

Two ways I have to look at what town you would probably do.

1) Try to save yourself by voting deckard.
2) Give up - and vote yourself.

The omgus on yesterday is really scummy.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:58 am

Or tonight.

I don't think anyone would regret the vig shooting them.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 am

What exactly were you hoping to accomplish, mutley?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #37) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 am

Anyway, I can agree to deckards request for now.

UNVOTE: deckard
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #38) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:42 am

Not necessarily about the vig.

Fakeclaims? In THIS setup? Super-risky. You can realclaim, or claim the other role though.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:39 am

Sure.

Would they do it methodically to their partners or more of "Hey let's go for X role."

Besides, we're 15 pages in. Very possible to forget about something like that.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 am

In post 365, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 214, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:You know, the whole stryker thing is a pointless waste of time, as

"Last visited:Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 pm"

Yeaaah.

Waitaminute that's two days after his last post... Hrmm, I think he really should be replaced by now.

And dangit I've been way too focused on stryker argh.
nice pseudo-content there buddy. we don't need anyone to tell us stryker isn't posting, we've noticed.
Given that everyone was still voting him it really doesn't look like people noticed.
In post 220, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:UNVOTE: stryker

bored with this vote and nothing coming from it.

Extreeeme gut.
you are doing everything you can to keep me voting you, aren't you?
Okay. What? We basically had a rvs-worthy case last way longer than it should have because the guy flaked. I realized there wasn't anything coming from it unless you take stuff like that over what the replacement does which is stupid so I swapped my vote as soon as it became apparent he was definitely getting replaced.
anyway, Sakura seems more like scum to me than Deckard to be honest, also Mutley had already voted deckard so i don't know why people freaked out. i'd rather lynch Sakura since she's being blatantly anti-town in giving up. Deckard may have also been in another game/left the website open so the whole following-the-daychat thing is a little fishy to me. also i would expect scum to pretend not to know about something the minute it is proposed, that's just the right play. i also am not as confident about the scumslip with deckard (i would probably use conditional phrasing as well seeing as not everyone knows my alignment). i would be willing to lynch deckard though just to get the game going since the case against him certainly has its merits and a large portion of the town seems to think he is scum
Haaangon a moment... I was about to agree with this but me being a sheep says "alabaska is scum b/c he's trying to deflect the lynch off his partner."

We should totally lynch deckard. And a cop should investigate alabaska or sakura... idk if sakura is that good an idea b/c she's given up.

PEdit: I think YTWC is town for the reasoning of why he picked one.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:39 am

Wait a minute? How the hell did two people die? Please don't tell me deckard got to use his kill even dead?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:42 am

Oh wait. I worked it out. Nevermind.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:47 am

Anyway, I can go for alabaska

VOTE: alabaska J
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 am

My case is along the lines of him scumreading everyone elses townreads, and trying to lynch sakura instead of deckard at the end of yesterday.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:01 am

We also have the stuff of "Scum could double-up" in post 53 so eurgh if he is scum we don't get two freebies.

Idk, should yesterday claim or not. Eurgh. Probably should.

Pedit: Universal backup.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:08 am

Because it doesn't hurt in any way.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:13 am

I have this crazy urge for massclaim.

Someone please tell me HOW crazy it is?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:17 am

Oh btw if we do massclaim we do it slowly.

First we all say whether we got a PR or not.

THEN we go through everyone again and claim the rest.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:08 am

Alabaska J wrote:its clear to me that sakura was the vig shot because of her actions yesterday. also, just because i was not voting deckard yesterday does not make me scum, otherwise why not go for ppp as well?
In post 365, Alabaska J wrote:anyway, Sakura seems more like scum to me than Deckard to be honest, also Mutley had already voted deckard so i don't know why people freaked out. i'd rather lynch Sakura since she's being blatantly anti-town in giving up. Deckard may have also been in another game/left the website open so the whole following-the-daychat thing is a little fishy to me. also i would expect scum to pretend not to know about something the minute it is proposed, that's just the right play. i also am not as confident about the scumslip with deckard (i would probably use conditional phrasing as well seeing as not everyone knows my alignment). i would be willing to lynch deckard though just to get the game going since the case against him certainly has its merits and a large portion of the town seems to think he is scum
Okay, this paragraph is what I was referring to with the whole "lynching sakura over deckard."
i'm glad Siveure is so quick to OMGUS and sheep mutley, who is
obviously
the best player here and someone who should be followed :/
LOL. Sure is quick omgus, as it comes very quick in the day, even if it's not the same day. Sure is sheeping mutley, as I voted after him even though I supplied the reasons.

Also, alabaska, why attack our votes instead of focusing on the case?

Okay, so deckard's rvs suspect was YTWC. What makes him more likely scum than town beyond this?

You seem to have only gone for stuff that's deckard pushing or scumreading ytwc, and you missed him defending him in 113. Given that that post was addressed to you I don't know why you omit this.

PEdit: Yeaaaah. And we're only catching them out with universal backup if they're dumbasses and can't figure it out AND with that decide to fakeclaim a role they don't have. Yeah right. I really think you're overstating this.

I think beli could have gotten shot b/c scum were scared of the driver method :D.
Alabaska J wrote:ok this was my first reaction. Siveure, is the reason you brought it up
really
because you just "felt like it"? that sounds like a horrible reason.
And um, I kinda don't want to claim, so yeah lets not massclaim. I suggested it as I want to work out what everyone's role is and yeah we lynched one scum yesterday so we're kinda advantageous and there's a couple roles which are way likelier town than scum so yaaay. Alabaska, I have no idea why you're asking me this, unless it's rhetorical and I don't trust rhetorical even though that's probably very hypocritical. If I'm lying about it, do you really think I'm going to crack under one question?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #50) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 am

Yeah but we have how long until it becomes relevant?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 am

Yeah... if you're fakeclaming you'd probably do so with at least some thought for it, and first thing is "don't claim rolecop."

Let's not get too hung over on this. Unless you want to lynch me for it, in which case you can go on about it as long as you like, you idiots.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:59 am

:facepalm:

How is that relevant at all?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:52 am

Loldanfailed.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Yeah. Scum has less reason to look at day opening phase than town, so I think this makes him sliiightly more likely to be scum than town.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #55) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Yeah, popcorn claiming is the scummiest player claims first, then after that the person who just claimed picks the next person.

My suggestion to catch counterclaims is everyone claims partially - first whether you're a vt or a PR, then after everyone does this we claim the full roles (or what you went for if VT). This can cause scum to back themselves into a corner, potentially, if they fakeclaim, so they have to realclaim probably.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:57 am

Yesterday, you're a cop aren't you?

I think a jailkeeper is like the only half-decent role that both belisarius and smudger could have gone for. I don't see what else could have overlapped. SO yeah

UNVOTE: alabaska J

Neighbourizer is very town, but I don't really think it's worth it for them to claim. It's actually pretty strong in the right hands. I'm not 100% sure those hands exist in this playerlist, but they should probably keep it quiet nonetheless.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:12 am

I'm trying to find a way to say this that only the neighbourizer will get, but unfortunately I can't think of one other than saying it in the QT.

Put me in the neighbourhood guys? Unless you really know what you're doing.

If smudger is actually JK scum we've all but won this after his lynch.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #58) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:44 am

In post 436, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:I'm trying to find a way to say this that only the neighbourizer will get, but unfortunately I can't think of one other than saying it in the QT.
This.

I've something I want to say to the neighbourizer without revealing it to the scum and that's the only way i can think of doing it reliably.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #59) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:55 am

It's not incredibly important, so we don't really need to go with it if you really want someone else in there, and my presence in the neighbourhood can actually negate it somewhat, especially if I'm the only one.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #60) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:33 am

I think popcorning it is a better idea.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #61) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 am

I mean, sure top down is okay, but do you really want me and ytwc, who are two of the townier players, claiming second and third?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #62) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 am

Actually, if we're agreed smudger is probably scum we will lose say one role tonight, and i think it's good to go with that before massclaim rather than after.

Massclaim isn't going to change whether we lynch smudger or not, right?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #63) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:51 am

Yeah, I don't want massclaim tbh. We have one scum down, but we have another very probable scum. I think the loss of whoever scum shoot tonight means rather little if they're shooting blind.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #64) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:59 am

Sure, but which PRs? After you get to about halfway down it's a tossup as to who gets the last few prs, and maybe a big one is low.

Losing a 1-shot watcher is way less than losing a cop.

Pedit: Pecan gets it.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #65) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 am

Yesterday as scum claiming a strong PR yesterday is silly for scum, it actually draws attention into you. It's strong wifom, sure, but doing it with the roleblocker yourself is really silly, because when you inevitably claim then you're kinda screwed to explain your earlier actions.

Smudger's claim being basically the exact same thing as yesterday's is hilarious.

Should we hypoclaim who we jailkeep? I'll be on alabaska if smudger is scum.

Your watcher statement is pure wifom. I doubt the scum are shooting you now.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (isolation #66) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:39 am

Because it's a weird idea and I only think of it b/c I <3 jailkeepers.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #67) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:40 am

What happens if smudger is not the roleblocker/jailkeeper? I assume watch you anyway, right?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #68) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:11 am

In post 3, Jennifer wrote:Deckard: 5
TMTOLBTWNTOF: 5
This is why TMT is town to yesterday.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #69) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:20 am

We lost the perfect win when sakura got shot.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #70) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 am

I think that's kindof unlikely.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #71) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:11 am

Doc is right. Protected yesterday both nights.

Neighbourizer is not. WHO THE HELL TOOK FRUIT VENDOR.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #72) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 am

Arcangel what did you try to pick?

Also, um, yeah, a couple times I tried to get the scum to shoot yesterday by advising the doc to stay off yesterday.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #73) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 am

Oh, and

VOTE: arcangel9
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #74) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 am

LOL arcangel read the full setup.

You're not a super saint.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #75) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:38 am

You might play it as a supersaint but that's stupid anti-town.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #76) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah.

Where is the town motivation in shooting the person who hammers you?

Why would you give up before you claim?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #77) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 am

Your threat is completely pointless, because 1) We all think you're scum, and 2) It's completely the wrong action after you're actually lynched and have a free kill.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #78) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 am

Nobody went for doctor but me. Those two roles are really unpopular. As is vengeful (first game I played the very last guy got it lol). Okay, there's another trend I can go with.

THREE fruit vendors? And not a neighbourizer? That's shameful. Seriously.

Fruit vendor is quite frankly the most pointless role ever. ESPECIALLY for town. If you're a town fruit vendor give a person you think is useless town fruit day 1 then do nothing with it. Neighbourizer is actually amazing, but fruit vendor nope. 1-shot watcher/commuter has WAY more usefulness than fruit vendor, so if you want to go for a role nobody would take because it sucks take that.

Doctor is I guess too good for a "reasonably expect to get it" from the lower levels and too bad for anyone high up/being risky to bother going for it.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #79) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 am

EBWOP: the two roles are doctor/roleblocker and 1-shot watcher/commuter.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #80) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

The way I see it, neighbour your 100% townread and treat them like a mason. If you manage to hit the cop somehow you have a stupidly strong power there.

Imo neighbourizer is very town anyway as it has very little benefit for scum and some very possible detriments.

Fruit vendor is basically a named townie. Okay. Yay for named townies?

Return to “Completed Open Games”