Newbie 1378 - Game Over! (Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

I think that's the prettiest hammer line I've ever seen (Don't be too flattered this will be only my third completed game) :P

Well congratulations guys, you won. Enomis caught me. I was indeed the second scum partner, sorry I failed you Jason. I can't believe you guys found me out, well played everyone....

JUST KIDDING!!!! Unfortunately for the three townies left, one of you gets to die with me tonight, because you lynched a fellow Vanilla Townie. Enomis, if you are a town, I want you to feel all the shame for this. I will not be giving any dying declaration reads except for 1. Mastin is town. Why the death bed reversal? Because there is NO WAY that with five people left in the game that out of FOUR townies, THREE of them lynched the fourth. Look amongst you executioners. The killer is one of you.

I blame more than just enomis for this though. I got too relaxed because I thought the mastin wagon was a sure thing. Enomis put a wrench into those works though. I wasn't trying as hard because I got this "There is no way we could lose" attitude. I also blame linnie. Linnie, I don't know for sure if you are town or scum, but if you are town then you had a terrible game because you were on Jason's side yesterday when he was scum, and against me today when I was town. You learned nothing and I hope you die tonight (in the game of course). Ucrit... I had faith in you. I may have given my consent to hammer but you are still a fool for doing it.

I wish the townies the best of luck, you'll need it, because you just killed "LUCKY".

btw, in case you are hoping this is BS like Jason.... There is only one scum left. There is no reason to play that card anymore.

*Steps up to the gallows*

Go ahead mod... take me to the other side.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

I'm too invested in the outcome of this game, and I took my time on my phone to do these

This one:

Spoiler: if lucky is town
Lucky collapsed to the ground, rope still knotted around his neck, with Triton holding onto the other end. Blood began to drip from Lucky's mouth as he gasped for his last breath.

"Et tu, brute?" he muttered.

Triton dropped his end of the rope, dumbfounded. "Lucky, I..."

Lucky's eyes were quickly losing life. "You let them kill me. You were my friend." Lucky let out another cough.

Tears filled Triton's eyes as he knelt down to reach for Lucky's hand. "I didn't, this was the only way, I had to--".

Lucky swatted Triton's hand away. "Brothers to the end? That's what you said. But no, you're no brother of mine. A brother doesn't turn his back on the other. I fought for you, supported you, and you repay me with a bullshit apology after you strangled me. I have no brother, Triton. You and the rest of this forsaken town will meet me in hell. Don't expect me to keep the light on for you."

Lucky's eyelids shut as blood streamed out of his mouth, staining the ground in a crimson blanket.

Linnie and Enomis came up from behind, having watched the exchange from afar. "It made the most sense" uttered Linnie. "He was a solid read and you know it."

Triton didn't utter a word. He silently stood up and walked back towards the village gate. Mastin stood off to the side, leaning against the wall as he peeled an apple with his pocket knife.

"Killer" he muttered under his breath to Triton as he passed by.

Triton stopped. He and Mastin exchanged a long cold stare. The sorrow in Triton's eyes was replaced by rage. Mastin tossed his apple aside and tightened his grip around his knife.

The town bells interrupted everyone. It was time for everyone to return home.

Or this

Spoiler: this is if lucky is scum
Lucky collapsed to the floor. The metal barrel of his revolver clanged off the gravel below.

Triton dropped the rope from his hand and picked up the gun.

Lucky looked up at him and grinned, blood seeping from the side of his mouth. "Oops" he said.

Triton was in shock. "I respected you, your demeanor, your simplicity. Was it all a lie? When you said you knew how I felt when people misunderstood me? Was that a lie too?"

"Don't flatter yourself", Lucky said with a snarky smile. "You've been scum before, your history isn't clean. You're not a saint, you're just as dirty as anyone who has ever undertaken the scum oath in their lives."

Triton's sadness was replaced with anger. "You let me turn on Mastin and watched as I tried to lynch him. You lied to me. I thought we were friends."

Lucky rolled his eyes as blood continue to drip from his lips. "Friends? There are no friends in mafia. This is business."

Triton gripped the revolver in his hands. "You lied, this entire time. You knew I respected you, and you let me run around like a fool after Mastin".

Triton shook his head in disgust. Linnie and Enomis stood behind him. "It happens", Enomis said. "Sometimes town attack town. It's part of the game. We won, be happy. No hard feelings. Tell him, Mastin."

A clapping sound came from the side. It was Mastin, with a grin pasted on his face. "I told you so, you bastard."

Triton lifted the revolver and pointed it to Mastin's temple. The cold steel left an imprint on his skin. "Save it" Triton said as he lowered the gun and turned to walk back to the village gate.

Lucky used his last breath. "I'll say hi to Radiant for you."

Triton turned and approached Lucky's dying body. He pointed the revolver towards Lucky's head, and pulled the trigger.

He dropped the gun on Lucky's chest with a thud. The sun began to set on the town, casting shadows on the last four living members of the town.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

Hahaha, fantastic Ucrit, I look forward to playing in that game I am qued up for where you are Modding.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by enomis »

oh another quick hammer. Great. Didn't expect this. Anyway lucky if you are town, sorry. But you posted alot of things to earn town cred and do nothing. Also, i was waiting for you to answer but this quick hammer came. I can understand linnie but i dunnoe what the fuck ucrit was doing with the vote.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

You keep saying that, but it's only earning town cred if you are scum. If you are town, then it is town acting like town BECAUSE they are town. Either you are scum or you never learned that town act like town, and scum act like town, hence acting like town is not a solid tell.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 754, Lucky2u wrote:You keep saying that, but it's only earning town cred if you are scum. If you are town, then it is town acting like town BECAUSE they are town. Either you are scum or you never learned that town act like town, and scum act like town, hence acting like town is not a solid tell.
earning towncred=/= acting like town in all cases. In your case, thats the situation.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 754, Lucky2u wrote:You keep saying that, but it's only earning town cred if you are scum. If you are town, then it is town acting like town BECAUSE they are town. Either you are scum or you never learned that town act like town, and scum act like town, hence acting like town is not a solid tell.
earning towncred=/= acting like town in all cases. In your case, thats the situation.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by enomis »

And i wanted mroe time to confirm my read on you. That hammer screwed my plan.

uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Smh
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

Sorry for the delay everyone.

There appears to have been an error. I posted flip, night deadline, etc. yesterday morning (Saturday) but it appears to have vanished.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

REPOST, FOR THE RECORD:

VOTE COUNT 3.Final

Linxie (0) -

Lynched
Lucky2u (3) - enomis, Linxie, uctriton00
enomis (0) -
uctriton00 (1) - mastin2
mastin2 (1) - Lucky2u

Not Voting:

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Lucky2u
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 3.

Night 3 deadline is Monday, June 24th at 9:30 am PDT or in
(expired on 2013-06-24 09:30:00)
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Jackal711 »

Day 4 dawns.. with a reminder that there is still one member of the Mafia out there.

uctriton00
Vanilla Townie
, was shot Night 3.

VOTE COUNT 4.0

Linxie (0) -
enomis (0) -
mastin2 (0) -

Not Voting: Linxie, enomis, mastin2

With 3 alive, it's 2 to lynch.

Day 4 deadline is Monday, July 8th at 11:00 am PDT or in
(expired on 2013-07-08 11:00:00)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 am

Post by mastin2 »

If it weren't lylo today, I would be self-voting. >_<

I'm town. I swear I am, but I understand if you think I'm not. I'll take full responsibility for the loss. There's a lot against me, including triton's death and Lucky's townflip. Because contrary to Lucky's claim that I was town for not voting him...well, he was my alternative choice for scum to triton, so instead of it being a mark in my favor, it's actually a mark against me. I was absolutely sure it was him. And now...not only was he town, but he flipped town, too, and quite frankly, I'm at a total loss right now. I could see enomis as scum, I could see Linxie as scum, but the problem is that I haven't seen either of you as being scum.

Needless to say, I'll be rereading and reanalyzing things, to hopefully get a direction again, butyeah. I blew it.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Linxie
Linxie
Townie
Linxie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Linxie »

Well my biggest suspect was town and my biggest town read was scum, and I thought either myself or Enomis would be NK'd, so yeah I've been wrong on all accounts this game. :/

I've read/re-read this thread too many times to count, I don't know if reading it again is going to help, it'll probably muddle my thoughts. It could be Enomis since he's been more quiet of the two and due to Jason's earlier vote on Paradigm... or it could be Mastin and Jason's post about bussing was a ruse so that when/if he died, town would look at those he bussed and dismiss those he didn't.

It doesn't help that I say I'm town since it takes nothing to type those words. I think that is something you'll have to figure out for yourself.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:49 am

Post by enomis »

Oh please mastin. Please stop the hypocritical act. Even if it wasn''t LYLO, you wouldn't be self voting. If i recall, you was only convinced that i was town and linxie was a null/town read for you. But you were convinced he was town because Ucrit was scum, but since Ucrit is not scum, you have no reason to continue this read. In short you are just faking your post to act "shock" at the situation. I really regret not hammering you in day 3 and was blinded by the fact that Lucky was so scummy/ you had some post which has the same mindset as me. But now that i relook, I realize a bit of what ucrit is talking about.

1) Your unvote to vote jason originally look well for me. But now, ucrit's death opened my eyes. When you unvoted Lucky, to vote Jason, it was a perfect opportunistic vote. Lets take a look at the situation: Lucky and Mattel was voting for Jason. Ucrit,Linxie and Jason was voting for lucky. You can see from my stance that i was never gonna vote Jason. Therefore, you could put your vote at Jason and not buss him because there is very little chance that he will be bussed.(Also, i could hammer lucky any time and mattel will be killed during night) <-- This is a bad situation and a highly likely one as mattel soft-claim was so obvious. And you did not say anything. You just vote Jason and left your vote there. At best, lucky will be lynched and you were not on the wagon which is good. At worse, you buss Jason and earn town points. Really, I don't know how i fail to see this point.

2) Your argument for this whole game has been really shitty. bot day 1,2 and 3 which was as weak as hell. From your join date and i have the impression that you are quite an established player on site, I think that these arguments are really weak and you are not even scumhunting.(Which you think you can get away with because this is a newbie game), which you did from day 1 to 3.

And please don't use the argument of why would you kill Ucrit. I know you
would
would not use this argument.

Lets take a look, If you were left with Ucrit/Yourself/ Linxie or me, you would have 50% chance of being dead since it is pretty much Ucrit vs you. And seeing how linxie is so close to hammering you which he didn't, you would expect your chances not being very good in this situation.

Instead, if you were left with Yourself/me/Linxie. You will expect both me and linxie to go, oh shit, did we get our reads wrong and heavily doubt ourselves. Then you can go from there and figure out which way would be the best way to lead you to a win.

I am not using this to support my argument, i am asking you not to use this. :D thanks.

Actually half of it why i am so sure mastin is scum is because i am quite sure linxie is town.

1) He did not hammer Mastin and chose to vote Lucky which is a fking awkward situation. Minus that Ucrit hammer which was totally unexpected. He could have hammered Mastin and not get any scuminess at all but he did not do that. Then he could tunnel on Ucrit the last day.

2) His believe that Jason is cop is the same as me.

3) His, "i need to check something before i vote". He was under the impression if everybody voted and if no majority was reached after everybody voted, it would go to a no lynch which is a standard epicmafia situation. I think he came from there. Therefore, i think this consideration is very significantly pointing that he is newb town.

4) His switch to Lucky itself also looks really like he found something that makes him quite sure lucky is scum.

That being said
VOTE: mastin2

I am gonna look like an idiot if Linxie is scum and come in to vote mastin2.

Probably i will bow down to lucky and say:"Sorry i am a noob. Did not take your advice twice in a row and lost us the game".

~.~.... I am actually quite nervous. Linxie please be town!.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 am

Post by enomis »

oh shit linxie is online.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 am

Post by enomis »

God bless me.

Linxie
Linxie
Townie
Linxie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:10 am

Post by Linxie »

I really like your post Enomis but would like to hear what Mastin has to say before I start asking questions. No worries about a hammer from me just yet.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 am

Post by enomis »

Fk yeah.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 am

Post by mastin2 »

Let's go bit-by-bit.
In post 764, enomis wrote:Oh please mastin. Please stop the hypocritical act. Even if it wasn''t LYLO, you wouldn't be self voting.
Yes, I would be. I was dead-certain that triton was scum. It was pretty much a 1v1. I was wrong. If the town player voted me today, it wouldn't be unjustifiably so. I may make small screwups all the time, but entering a toe-to-toe fight with a town player is just about as big a screwup as I can make. I'm a man of my word, and on several instances have done exactly that: self-voted for being wrong.
If i recall, you was only convinced that i was town and linxie was a null/town read for you.
Golden rule: reads to fit the evidence, not evidence to fit the reads. I never,
never
rush into lylo with a vote. And there is plenty of evidence suggesting you-as-scum. I dismissed it in favor of you-as-town and triton-as-scum, but his townflip made me re-think things. If you are seriously trying to use this point against me, it applies just as much to you: you had a townread on me, and now you don't. Which would make this hypocrisy. In fact, let's look at your wording:
I really regret not hammering you in day 3 and was blinded by the fact that Lucky was so scummy/ you had some post which has the same mindset as me.
This is the exact thing you're accusing me of doing. You're faking shock at Lucky flipping town.
When you unvoted Lucky, to vote Jason, it was a perfect opportunistic vote. Lets take a look at the situation: Lucky and Mattel was voting for Jason. Ucrit,Linxie and Jason was voting for lucky. And you did not say anything. You just vote Jason and left your vote there.
The reason I voted Jason was
there was a god-damned cop guilty on Jason
. Of course that's opportunistic. And of course I "left my vote there". I couldn't reveal the reason for my switch was that I had picked up on the cop; had I done that, mattel would have been doomed to die. I
intentionally tried to limit the information available to the scum
. If Jason had been hammered earlier, then the scum might have never picked up on the 'crumb.
From your join date and i have the impression that you are quite an established player on site, I think that these arguments are really weak and you are not even scumhunting.
Which fallacy was this? Oh, yeah. Burden of Proficiency. This is the exact tell pointed against countless ICs throughout the years. Heck, it was the argument put against me the last time I was an IC, which set me up as the scum's mislynch in 3p lylo. It's called a fallacy for a reason: because it relies on a player being better than they are. I am an excellent theorist. I am actively involved in Mafia Discussion, I can teach fairly competently, but I am no master scumhunter. My joindate is actually a year earlier in 2008 on the exact same day; mastin2 is an alt of Mastin. Does that extra year make me any more of a competent player? No, it doesn't. Age != skill. Skill = skill, and I've never so much as been
nominated
for a scummy. Why not? Because I'm not even close to that good of a player. I'm a mediocre-at-best player. I'm good enough to have picked up on mattel's 'crumbs, and good enough to not rush into lylo carelessly, but a master scumhunter, I am not.

There's a damn-good reason why I-as-scum wouldn't kill triton: in a 1v1 against him,
I could win
. He's a player roughly equivalent to my skill level, yes, but he legitimately was in a much,
much
weaker position than I was. Heck, his hammer vote on Lucky was scummy-as-hell. There's a damn-good reason why you-as-scum would kill triton, too: because you didn't want to be trapped in a position where you had townreads on both me and triton. Triton and I had seen the other as being scum on D3, but we're both competent players, who know not to rush lylo, to reassess the situation and analyze if maybe--just maybe--we were both being kept alive to crossvote each other for a loss in lylo. If that happened to you, you'd be screwed. You couldn't risk that, so a Linxie kill was out of the question.

You COULD kill me, yes, but Linxie thought triton was town and I was scum on D3. (Seriously, Linxie, tell me I'm wrong; I'm not--you thought I was scum, and it was clear from your posts. If I died, would you have reversed your read on triton? I don't think so. Instead, you'd have gone straight to enomis.) That would put you at the disadvantage coming into lylo. But with triton dead? Use triton's arguments against me, JUST LIKE NUL'S ARGUMENTS WERE USED AGAINST LUCKY. And best yet, you've already got Linxie (a less experienced player) likely to back you--Linxie (unlike triton and myself) is more likely to not change opinions come lylo, and thus, it's a reasonably safe bet that Linxie-in-lylo is voting me.

Who would I-as-scum kill? Not triton. He'd be my very last choice. As scum, my first kill choice would be Linxie. ("What? Not enomis?" Yes, not enomis.) I have a little saying: "the only thing predictable about newbies is that they are unpredictable". In lylo, that's a liability to me-as-scum. I can't predict the actions of a newbie, and I have trouble manipulating them. Both from a moral perspective (it goes against my beliefs to manipulate newbies to my advantage), and from a player perspective (it'd be difficult to know for sure if my manipulation would actually work). Triton, I could appeal to his paranoia. Enomis, I could appeal to with logic (because my argument against triton
was
strong, even if ultimately wrong).

A triton kill makes zero sense from a scum-Mastin perspective (it leaves me with nowhere to go, and no options available), and complete sense from a scum-enomis perspective.

You are also scum because you have rushed. As a reasonably-experienced player, you-as-town would not be so sure, so confident, come lylo. Note how Linxie and I both came in with doubts for lylo? There's a damn-good reason for that, because IN NO OTHER TIME IS IT AS VITAL AS IN LYLO than to ask yourself, "Why?" Why am I alive, why are they alive, why did people die when they did, what caused their demise? I had my doubts. As you can tell from the above argument, there's plenty which showed you could be scum, but was I convinced you were? Hell no.
1) He did not hammer Mastin and chose to vote Lucky which is a fking awkward situation. Minus that Ucrit hammer which was totally unexpected. He could have hammered Mastin and not get any scuminess at all but he did not do that. Then he could tunnel on Ucrit the last day.
On the contrary, Linxie-as-scum would know there would be a tomorrow. Hammering me would end the day prematurely. Letting me live could earn him some cheap towncred, especially from me. I had said that you not-hammering Lucky made you town, so why not Linxie not-hammering me? My point precisely. You-as-town would consider this, and not instantly come to the conclusion it makes him town. You-as-town might have it in your analysis, but you wouldn't show such absolute belief in it.
3) His, "i need to check something before i vote". He was under the impression if everybody voted and if no majority was reached after everybody voted, it would go to a no lynch which is a standard epicmafia situation. I think he came from there. Therefore, i think this consideration is very significantly pointing that he is newb town.
And this is another point for enomis-scum. Why newb-town? Why not newb-scum in the same situation? It's certainly a sign of being a newb, but what in this makes it newb-town? Absolutely nothing. The only way for it to instantly be newb-town in enomis's mind is if enomis is scum already.

A final point against enomis: ALL OF THE ABOVE LOOKS LIKE IT WAS TYPED OUT IN ADVANCE. Enomis looks like he was preparing this exact argument during the night, inside the mafia QT, and merely made small modifications in order to match the two posts before-hand. Enomis was banking on Linxie's read remaining the same, and a swift victory.

There's probably more if I was given time to reread, butyeah, needless to say:
VOTE: enomis.
My academy.
Agnigi
Linxie
Linxie
Townie
Linxie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Linxie »

Mastin I like your post too :lol:

:(

It's our financial year end at the moment and I won't be at home this evening so if I don't post my thoughts later today, I should hopefully have something to post by tomorrow.

Sorry about this, this is my first lylo and it's stressful that I'm holding the hammer :P
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 770, Linxie wrote:Sorry about this, this is my first lylo and it's stressful that I'm holding the hammer :P
Know that feeling aaaaaaall too well. :P It's a self-feeding loop: I hate being in lylo because I suck at it, and I suck at lylo because I try to avoid ever getting in it. :P

Butyeah, have a request: could you hold off on the hammer for a little while? I was eating breakfast this morning, when suddenly, it all clicked into place, and I realized exactly why enomis would do what he's been doing as scum. Everything from day one to today. (And also, remembered some more reasons why I'm not scum.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 am

Post by mastin2 »

(But it's going to take a while to type. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

Paradigm wrote:Hey guys. As you can tell, I'm new to Mafiascum, but have fairly some experience with mafia games. I played mafia several times on another gaming site and that's where I truly learned the game. I never read any games here, so I can't point references to anyone's play style. People change their playstyle often in mafia to keep things fresh, so referencing playstyle isn't always accurate. I hope we have a good game people!
Small thing, but pretty much everyone at this point was trying to contribute. Paradigm (enomis's slot) sticks out, by not having contributed anything during what I consider the most vital stage of the game.

It's a natural response from a scum newbie--a fear of doing something wrong in the RVS, and thus, a desire to not do anything during it. It's not a strong point, but it does contribute.
Jason pretty much picked out the rest of the details. USUALLY though, those who appear to be scum on Day 1, usually isn't. Just saying. Mastin could be trying to sheep us too with his IC, but it's obvious he isn't being a try-hard with it.
In this post, Paradigm was sheeping Jason--it'd make sense for a newbie to do this to their experienced scum-mate. Note also that Paradigm left the door open: he scumread triton, but gave a way to back out of it. He gives me a free pass, so-to-speak, but leaves the door open for a reversal.

Ironically enough, Jason points this out:
Jason wrote:First post was pathetic and at best fluff.

Second post is a poor attempt to do the following
a) set up to sheep me
b) set up to lynch Mastin based on being an IC
This is very easy to be in-thread coaching, as a "Don't do that, you idiot!" moment. :P

Note that--at the first possible moment--Jason immediately gets his vote off of Paradigm. This reinforces the image I present above: Jason wasn't voting Paradigm to lynch him; Jason was voting Paradigm to let him know that he was being a stupid fool who could bring their entire scumteam down. :P

Paradigm takes the hint and doesn't sheep Jason, but follows through with a reasonless vote on me. Lucky2u is the one to point this out.
Lucky2u wrote:Am I missing something here? Who is that "regardless of what you think" aimed at?
Paradigm wrote:Get rid of the ego, man. on post #59, I gave my reads on Mastin before you made that post.
Note how he addresses the Crazzy FoS (who we all know to be town via it being Linxie's slot), but critically,
doesn't address Jason's FoS
. Additionally, 59 does not give reasons on me; it gives reasons on triton. The one bit in there that could potentially have been directed against me simply doesn't apply, as I was not using my status as an IC to my advantage; I was doing the opposite.
Jason wrote:Paradigm THIS IS FOR YOU
And Jason was once more quite unhappy with Paradigm's posting. To me, this is a sign that Jason was trying desperately to get his scumbuddy into top-shape, so-to-speak, and to stop dragging their team down. Compare the way he treated mattel, treated Lucky, and other such players: he was far more blatant in his coaching. He was coaching town players, so his coaching was obvious and meant to clearly be coaching.

But when it came to Paradigm, his coaching was more subtle. He wasn't telling Paradigm what to do (as he was for Lucky2u, mattel, and others); he was instead only implying what should be done. In fact, from the words of Jason himself:
I'd Coach a lot of townies as scum <3, and if we were both scum i'd probably not coach and just push him in front of the bus
This is exactly what he did. He didn't coach Paradigm, he put Paradigm in front of the bus, and was clearly hoping that Paradigm would improve with his push.

Now I realize that enomis isn't Paradigm, but they share the same slot and therefore have the same alignment. So they
do
contribute to why enomis is scum.

And there is some D1 content showing why enomis is scum.
Radiant is town. How is he scum. WTF?
Yes, Radiant
was
town, but there was plenty of evidence against Radiant. It had already been laid out by that point to some extent, so the burden of proof laid not on those voting Radiant (who had already said why they felt Radiant was scum), but on enomis who had a mysterious unexplained townread on Radiant. Going back to then, enomis admitted he had only skimmed--what made Radiant so strongly town to him? There was nothing. Yes, ultimately, Radiant was town, but how could a town-enomis have gotten such a strong townread on Radiant from just a skim, when pretty much everyone else had a scumread on Radiant?

Also, this interaction enomis has with Jason looks like a scumbuddy talking to a scumbuddy:
Jason, what was the jump wagon shit? If you have some reason spit it out. Actually i think you have. Just say it.
Plus, Jason's response to enomis is identical to how he was treating Paradigm:
Plus how is Radiant town enomis?
Jason wasn't coaching enomis, he was bussing enomis, and ready to do the coaching during the night. (Enomis's eventual response, "Iso seems genuine", did not warrant the strength of enomis's townread; enomis himself admitted as much when he said he'd need to meta Radiant in order to be sure.)

That's day one. Consider this part 1/3. (I'll lump the bits from D4 into the ending of D3.)
My academy.
Agnigi
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 am

Post by enomis »

Sup lets do this.
mastin wrote:Yes, I would be. I was dead-certain that triton was scum. It was pretty much a 1v1. I was wrong. If the town player voted me today, it wouldn't be unjustifiably so. I may make small screwups all the time, but entering a toe-to-toe fight with a town player is just about as big a screwup as I can make. I'm a man of my word, and on several instances have done exactly that: self-voted for being wrong.
Fine i will humor you. Give me some examples where you self-voted for being wrong. Recent games please.
mastin wrote:Golden rule: reads to fit the evidence, not evidence to fit the reads. I never, never rush into lylo with a vote. And there is plenty of evidence suggesting you-as-scum. I dismissed it in favor of you-as-town and triton-as-scum, but his townflip made me re-think things. If you are seriously trying to use this point against me, it applies just as much to you: you had a townread on me, and now you don't. Which would make this hypocrisy. In fact, let's look at your wording:
Nope. You had me as confirmed town because of myself. You had linxie as confirmed town because Ucrit is scum. So when Ucrit died, your confirmed town status on linxie should be gone. So your statement should be something like:"Oh shit, linxie may be scum. But i will need to reevaluate and iso enomis too" something like that. And not "Oh shit, both of them are my confirmed town reads, gg, i would self-vote if there weren't lylo." --< this reaction is simply fake and does not follow your flow of logic because linxie is not your confirmed town read if Ucrit died.
mastin wrote:This is the exact thing you're accusing me of doing. You're faking shock at Lucky flipping town
Nope. Because yours is a fake reaction. But i think we can't go futher in the argument on this point.
mastin wrote:The reason I voted Jason was there was a god-damned cop guilty on Jason. Of course that's opportunistic. And of course I "left my vote there". I couldn't reveal the reason for my switch was that I had picked up on the cop; had I done that, mattel would have been doomed to die. I intentionally tried to limit the information available to the scum. If Jason had been hammered earlier, then the scum might have never picked up on the 'crumb.
Nope, after you supposedly saw the bread crumb and switched over, whats the situation? Do you see any signs of player moving over? None. How do you suppose Jason would be hammered. YOU DID NOTHING. It is only after the 3rd and 4th again and again plea by mattel that Ucrit quick hammered Jason. And you did not do anything to push the wagon IF other people did not see the claim.

@Burden of proficiency point:
Nope. You go iso yourself and read. Or you could ask linxie. Read through your day1,2 and 3. Were you scumhunting? No. All i see are unconvincing cases/weak.
mastin wrote:There's a damn-good reason why I-as-scum wouldn't kill triton: in a 1v1 against him, I could win. He's a player roughly equivalent to my skill level, yes, but he legitimately was in a much, much weaker position than I was. Heck, his hammer vote on Lucky was scummy-as-hell. There's a damn-good reason why you-as-scum would kill triton, too: because you didn't want to be trapped in a position where you had townreads on both me and triton. Triton and I had seen the other as being scum on D3, but we're both competent players, who know not to rush lylo, to reassess the situation and analyze if maybe--just maybe--we were both being kept alive to crossvote each other for a loss in lylo. If that happened to you, you'd be screwed. You couldn't risk that, so a Linxie kill was out of the question.
I told you not to go into this. But nvm, lets talk about this.

No. You are giving false information. He was not in a weaker position and he is winning you on day 3. Remind me who has 2 votes on him and almost got hammered? You could also ask linxie and he could tell you that your argument are as WEAK as hell. His hammer vote on lucky could be scummy yes, but after looking at his whole day play, you could probably attribute it to his playstyle? You have been arguing that his playstyle, quick hammering Jason and Lucky, is scum which is not even a scum tell. He did it once, he did it twice. So your damn good reason is actually nothing. I wanted you not to go into this because this is abit WIFOM territory but you WANTED to use this point to PROVE that this siuation would absolutely NOT HAPPEN if you were scum and have 0% chance of happening. Are you seeing this Linxie. How is this guy not scum?

For the rest of the wifom argument and other points, i will answer tmr. I will have access to this thread through mobile. If i have enough motivation, i will continue my argument through mobile. If not, wait for my continued argument tomorrow because i don't like to type on mobile.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”