Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 859, Tierce wrote:That was a troll flip. Look at the bottom of the post, Antagon was scum.

And I really have no suspects right now. In case you haven't noticed, I have been crazy busy elsewhere on the site. Tonight was supposed to be Not Busy with having read the game today, but tigers are why we can't have nice things.
This? I already responded to what I thought the flip was. As for you having no suspects/are busy, I was in process of asking you this:

If a small, adorable puppy were to come to you and say "Tierce, if you don't vote right now my heart will flutter and die", who would you vote?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Tierce »

You're a cruel, mean person.

Fairly sure I'm pretty obviously inclined to vote hp[leaves].
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXXI

:right: hp [leaves] (6) ~ Zdenek, Amrun, implosion, sword_of_omens, fferyllt, Oversoul
MattP (3) ~ Tammy, Katsuki, hp [leaves]
fferyllt (1) ~ Syryana

Not Voting:
(fferyllt,)
MattP,
(Oversoul,)
Tierce

-hp [leaves] is at L-1!

--With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
--Deadline is 04:20 EDT on June 26, 2013.
(This is your last day!)

---When I went to grab this picture Google told me "If you REALLY want something like this, you should get your camera out tonight."
Last edited by Vi on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 929, fferyllt wrote:You'd lose that bet. I am obviously not doing a very good job of articulating why the timing of mrbungle's vote felt townish to me, but I originally played mafia on sites where sometimes players don't post long cases prior to voting, especially early day 1. There is an intimidation factor involved and also a "hmm...what did HE see?" factor for non-involved players. Two players gave me that vibe during a fairly close interval in the thread - MattP and mrbungles. I did not read it as scummy on either of their parts at the time. And per my usual, I didn't bite.

It was interesting that my lack of concern about a lack of case was cause for consternation. But, I figured a case would show up eventually or the votes would go away.

Anyway, I'm still a little concerned about you. It sounds to me like you, too, are lining up lynches here.
I understand what you are saying, but you are missing my point here...you and i had just both come from a game where we played with town Bungles. he was very active and verbal in that game and had a lot of opinions and was not affraid to voice them...so why then with him being so close-mouthed and mysterious this game, would you see him as town? Yes i get that that you could see some people don't post cases prior to voting, etc..but you and i both have first hand, recent knowledge that town Bungles wasn't like that at all...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Syryana »

I'm only mean in theory! I would never make such a cute little creature go through that.

I'm still waffling on hp [leaves] myself. I'll elaborate a bit more after me meal.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1018, Amrun wrote:
In post 1015, Tierce wrote:
In post 1014, Amrun wrote:Because mattp's play, as scum, would be terribad. And that is not Matt.
Allow me to disagree and say that MattP was p. terrible scum in Abarat 2. I might be biased because I knew his alignment, but it was definitely not stellar.
Let me rephrase. His okay doesn't make sense as coming from a scum motivated place.
Good scum should be able to hide their motivation such that it doesn't shine through in a blazing neon sign.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1028, sword_of_omens wrote:
In post 929, fferyllt wrote:You'd lose that bet. I am obviously not doing a very good job of articulating why the timing of mrbungle's vote felt townish to me, but I originally played mafia on sites where sometimes players don't post long cases prior to voting, especially early day 1. There is an intimidation factor involved and also a "hmm...what did HE see?" factor for non-involved players. Two players gave me that vibe during a fairly close interval in the thread - MattP and mrbungles. I did not read it as scummy on either of their parts at the time. And per my usual, I didn't bite.

It was interesting that my lack of concern about a lack of case was cause for consternation. But, I figured a case would show up eventually or the votes would go away.

Anyway, I'm still a little concerned about you. It sounds to me like you, too, are lining up lynches here.
I understand what you are saying, but you are missing my point here...you and i had just both come from a game where we played with town Bungles. he was very active and verbal in that game and had a lot of opinions and was not affraid to voice them...so why then with him being so close-mouthed and mysterious this game, would you see him as town? Yes i get that that you could see some people don't post cases prior to voting, etc..but you and i both have first hand, recent knowledge that town Bungles wasn't like that at all...
I get what you are saying. But, that was a different sort of dynamic, replacing into a game what? 3 days before nightfall with a ton of content to respond to? The interaction with mrbungles in this game was early, and there was very little content from me to even analyze. I don't always start games in slow motion, but I am more likely to do so when I don't know anything about many of the players. In the dragonballz game (where I also didn't know most of the players), even with hundreds of my posts, he had me as his weakest town read iirc.

With a handful of my posts in this game at the time, I was not at all surprised by his vote or by the way he put it down without support other than saying it was a serious vote.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1029, Syryana wrote:I'm still waffling on hp [leaves] myself. I'll elaborate a bit more after me meal.
I did some VCA. One thing that's making me uneasy about the hp lynch is Antagon's actions. I've not meta'd Antagon so I don't know how he plays, but I find it unlikely that he would bus at L-2. Now if this is multiball that alleviates the concern, but I'm not 100% convinced hp is scum in any case. I'm not allowed to elaborate, but I have recently seen hp-scum and this just doesn't...
feel
like hp-scum. I know this is a super-lame explanation but I just don't know how to support this scratchy feeling in the base of my skull.
In post 1031, fferyllt wrote:I get what you are saying. But, that was a different sort of dynamic, replacing into a game what? 3 days before nightfall with a ton of content to respond to? The interaction with mrbungles in this game was early, and there was very little content from me to even analyze. I don't always start games in slow motion, but I am more likely to do so when I don't know anything about many of the players. In the dragonballz game (where I also didn't know most of the players), even with hundreds of my posts, he had me as his weakest town read iirc.

With a handful of my posts in this game at the time, I was not at all surprised by his vote or by the way he put it down without support other than saying it was a serious vote.
You. Why are you ignoring my questions?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1032, Syryana wrote:
In post 1029, Syryana wrote:I'm still waffling on hp [leaves] myself. I'll elaborate a bit more after me meal.
I did some VCA. One thing that's making me uneasy about the hp lynch is Antagon's actions. I've not meta'd Antagon so I don't know how he plays, but I find it unlikely that he would bus at L-2. Now if this is multiball that alleviates the concern, but I'm not 100% convinced hp is scum in any case. I'm not allowed to elaborate, but I have recently seen hp-scum and this just doesn't...
feel
like hp-scum. I know this is a super-lame explanation but I just don't know how to support this scratchy feeling in the base of my skull.
In post 1031, fferyllt wrote:I get what you are saying. But, that was a different sort of dynamic, replacing into a game what? 3 days before nightfall with a ton of content to respond to? The interaction with mrbungles in this game was early, and there was very little content from me to even analyze. I don't always start games in slow motion, but I am more likely to do so when I don't know anything about many of the players. In the dragonballz game (where I also didn't know most of the players), even with hundreds of my posts, he had me as his weakest town read iirc.

You. Why are you ignoring my questions?
Were there questions in that gawdawful wall you posted? Or did I miss a post?

Idic
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1010, Syryana wrote:
In post 975, implosion wrote:
In post 970, MattP wrote:2) fferyllt
3) implosion
6) hp [leaves]
7) Oversoul
9) sword_of_omens

WOOOOSSSHHHHHH
so, apart from katsuki and myself, this winds up being a list of people who i don't have townreads on.

Then i iso'd katsuki, and i now have a townread on katsuki.

So yeah. I actually like this list.
You don't have a townread on yourself? Intriguing.
reread the post that you quoted ^_^
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by MattP »

I'm hammering in a moment

You have five mins to protest
SlappyKrust
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1032, Syryana wrote:I did some VCA. One thing that's making me uneasy about the hp lynch is Antagon's actions. I've not meta'd Antagon so I don't know how he plays, but I find it unlikely that he would bus at L-2.
Isn't that the time you would want to bus? To make your partner look like a vulnerable Town counterwagon?

PEdit: No, you are NOT hammering. Why the heck do you want to stifle discussion when we still have almost 9 hours and I've said I'm hammering before deadline if need be?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by MattP »

I didn't read anything other than deadline was at 4:20 EDT and I don't know what EDT means

So
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1015, Tierce wrote:
In post 1014, Amrun wrote:Because mattp's play, as scum, would be terribad. And that is not Matt.
Allow me to disagree and say that MattP was p. terrible scum in Abarat 2. I might be biased because I knew his alignment, but it was definitely not stellar.
I'm a terrible scum replacement

I'm not so terrible when I have time to bullshit a bit and am not thrown into a ring mid fight
SlappyKrust
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1010, Syryana wrote:Why are you buddying the fuck out of me this game? The only time you ever got remotely close to this level of buddying was in Buzzword. Even then, you never once appeased me (as opposed to a half dozen times or more here) and I was damn near confirmed town from RVS in that game. Why here and now?
Actually, I would compare this game more to the Donner party game, where you were the only player I was remotely familiar with when the game started.

I'm not sure specifically what you are calling "appeasement" and I don't really care tbh. If I buddied anyone in this game it was Pjovik and I have a feeling that my reasons for taking a shine to him were not as role indicative as I thought. I still have a town read on that slot. To the extent I have solid reads, I'm putting them in the game thread.
Why did my dance with Tammy make you think I was town?
It reminded me of Nacho's town play and I think that sort of very fast semi stream-of-consciousness interaction is almost impossible to emulate when scum. Nacho wouldn't even start it with me when he was scum in the buzzword game.

Idic
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by implosion »

Tierce, how does a hammer stifle discussion?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Syryana »

fferyllt wrote:Were there questions in that gawdawful wall you posted? Or did I miss a post?
In post 1010, Syryana wrote:Why are you buddying the fuck out of me this game? The only time you ever got remotely close to this level of buddying was in Buzzword. Even then, you never once appeased me (as opposed to a half dozen times or more here) and I was damn near confirmed town from RVS in that game. Why here and now?

Why did my dance with Tammy make you think I was town?
You've also been saying things like "that wall is gawdawful" and "there is no scum motivation for those things [in the wall]" for a while now. Why don't you actually rebut my points instead of saying generic "that was bad and you should feel bad" things? All you've done about it thus far is call it crap and mention your reads on Zdenek/SOO/hp, with only the Zdenek justification having anything to do with what I said.
Tierce wrote:Isn't that the time you would want to bus? To make your partner look like a vulnerable Town counterwagon?
Possibly. It doesn't feel like a bus to me though.
And this occurred to me as I was slashing zombie faces: hp [leaves] has claimed vanilla.
Actually I'll wait to finish this thought until hp flavor claims.

Pedit: The fuck you say, there's a big friggin spoiler section in my wall entitled "Buddying".
Pedit2: Are you for real, implosion?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1037, MattP wrote:I didn't read anything other than deadline was at 4:20 EDT and I don't know what EDT means

So
Your answer to not knowing what EDT is when the deadline is on the title as
tomorrow
is to 1) not ask anyone 2) not google it and instead 3) plant an hammer threat.

There's something very wrong with this picture, and that someone is you.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1040, implosion wrote:Tierce, how does a hammer stifle discussion?
I actually forgot this was Instant Night. But why do you condone rushing the Day?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1042, Tierce wrote:There's something very wrong with this picture, and that someone is you.
You're just unnecessarily mean
SlappyKrust
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1043, Tierce wrote:
I actually forgot this was Instant Night. But why do you condone rushing the Day?
Well I never explicitly condoned it (although i will now) because it absolutely isn't rushing the day when we have about 8 hours to deadline. 8 hours is 1/9 of the day, which is approximately equivalent to hammering with a day and a half left in deadline in a 2-week deadline game.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1044, MattP wrote:
In post 1042, Tierce wrote:There's something very wrong with this picture, and that someone is you.
You're just unnecessarily mean
And you're just (possibly?) unnecessarily scummy.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 1045, implosion wrote:
In post 1043, Tierce wrote:
Well I never explicitly condoned it (although i will now) because it absolutely isn't rushing the day when we have about 8 hours to deadline. 8 hours is 1/9 of the day, which is approximately equivalent to hammering with a day and a half left in deadline in a 2-week deadline game.
There is seriously no need of it. The deadline hits when Vi is probably asleep, I'll be around, I can hammer then and we'll probably even get a couple of hours of twilight. I'm all for getting more discussion out of this Day, because people are being active and participative, and I want to see more of their stances before a flip to compare them to after a flip.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1041, Syryana wrote:Pedit: The fuck you say, there's a big friggin spoiler section in my wall entitled "Buddying".
I will go back and look at it. But, you are in a somewhat unique position to see my "buddying" behaviors along with the intentions and motivations. Even when I am not a part nor likely to be a part of a nascent town bloc I do what I can to help that bloc form.

Idic
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by implosion »

Hours are not fruits that the town must squeeze every little ounce of juice out of to win the game. They are tools to be used in scumhunting. It's become fairly clear (unless something very impressive happens) that hp is going to be lynched today. Ergo, those 8 hours, if you do want to squeeze every ounce of scumhunting out of them, are essentially being used "deficiently" since we would be purely scumhunting with less information than we "could" have.

Granted scumhunting is important, but I really don't see what the big deal is about 8 extra hours. I think that, with 8 hours left, those who are
going
to make their stances clear before deadline have. Sure, there's no need of a hammer, but there's also no need of those extra 8 hours.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”