orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:13 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

well in the eyes of prohawk you should've voted your other scumreads
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

Okay, because I didn't really get why there's so many players voting or suspecting Stevie, I ISOed him to see if I missed anything.
In post 84, StevieT92 wrote:
In post 47, Mac wrote:
In post 44, StevieT92 wrote: Scum suspect #2 is BROseidan for making a town read on page 2.
can you tell me how this is scummy and how this doesn't work in reverse?
Because in the beginning of the game a good town is supposed to be suspicious of everyone. It should take more than 2 pages of fluff/RVS for you to determine that someone is a townie.

Scumhunting, on the other hand, is always encouraged.
In post 203, StevieT92 wrote:skimmed stuff because im lazy and talking to a friend in the library

i never said don't townread, i said you shouldn't have a townread by page two. do you get the difference and why i think that might be.

unvote, vote:nero
for the 2 back to back votes with no analysis or reason for the switch.

I think I get what he's trying to say, he just put it out there in a bad way. I suppose he means it's impossible to be certain about someone being town on page 2?
In post 355, StevieT92 wrote:
In post 198, Nero wrote:good work comrades, pile the votes on stevie. if required, i will hardclaim my role to get him lynched.

Just re-posting this quote to remind you all of what a scum Nero is. I think BROseidon is probably the best, most agreed-upon lynch target today. Will ISO him for my next post. I'm not going to move my vote off of him, but I will definitely hammer him.
I've seen one post where he said he still had to ISO BRO, but he never actually did it. I'm not sure I get that last line. "I will definitely hammer him." How can you hammer someone if you're already voting for him? Don't get it.

In post 1104, StevieT92 wrote:So my expected internet problems have finally manifested themselves. I am too busy to read 17 pages right now but I will try to get to Starbucks later tonight. Expect a post tomorrow at the latest.

Regards,
Stevie
This is his last post. Still nothing on BRO.

So my question. Are you all still voting on that townread on page 2 comment? Or is there something else I'm not seeing?
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Serene »

In post 1149, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 1136, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote: Bulba, please explain Stevie
In post 832, BulbaFenix wrote:
StevieT92
: His reasons for voting and suspecting slots near the beginning of the day were bad, and I also didn't like how he said that no one should be townreading anybody so early in the game. It felt like he was trying to keep town from finding each other for as long as possible, and instead wanted them to focus on who he deigned as scum. His posts since then have not improved.
I'd also like to add his backpedaling when confronted on his townreading comment, as well as him taking potshots at players without taking stances or providing analysis.

-Bulba
Everyone knows TMTOLBTWNTOF is scum.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Serene »

@ Stubbs

"Expect a post tomorrow at the latest." A post that never came. He's lazy lurking scum.

We can lynch TMTOLBTWNTOF instead.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:55 am

Post by DOMO »

Woah another 7 pages. I'm so far behind now. I need to read up from my V/LA notice.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

Welcome back.
Nero
Nero
Goon
Nero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Nero »

arguing with serene is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're retarded.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:17 am

Post by DOMO »

Well I've skimmed but I'm hardly up to date. I see we have a mason claim from serene, and dramonic pretty much confirms this next post... this puts serene and dramonic firmly in town camp for obvious reasons. Lot's of noise from #2, I'd reached the point where I wasn't reading his posts but I'm bastard well going to have to ISO him now, and ofc dram, since we can be close to certain of their alignment. If anyone has voted for both serene and dramonic, then we should look at them as potential lynch. The MOD's ISO was inconclusive, I couldn't find anyone at a glance who has voted for both, I'll have a better look later.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1147, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 1030, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1027, Serene wrote:Rift probably town but might be buddying
Rift would really like to get a town bloc formed but it's like herding a bunch of fucking cats.
Then give us a specific target. You're town enough to do that at least as far as I'm concerned.
In post 1148, Rift Adrift wrote:Our vote is on Doc Hollday.
Syr pointed out to me last night that he had moved our vote to BRO prior to my posting this.

His reason for the vote change was the blatant rolefishing BRO did after the serene mason claim and dramonic confirmation. And he mentioned a jobpick game where BRO did not rolefish at all, even though that was not a normal game.

Pretty damning, but tbh I don't have the normal roles etched on prefrontal cortex and I would have asked if their alignments had been mod-confirmed. But, I have played a lot of mafia games in environments where masons with mixed alignments are not unusual.

It seems that Syr's alarm over BRO's rolefishing is not widely shared.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1182, DOMO wrote:Well I've skimmed but I'm hardly up to date. I see we have a mason claim from serene, and dramonic pretty much confirms this next post... this puts serene and dramonic firmly in town camp for obvious reasons. Lot's of noise from #2, I'd reached the point where I wasn't reading his posts but I'm bastard well going to have to ISO him now, and ofc dram, since we can be close to certain of their alignment.
If anyone has voted for both serene and dramonic, then we should look at them as potential lynch
. The MOD's ISO was inconclusive, I couldn't find anyone at a glance who has voted for both, I'll have a better look later.
This would be a stupid reason to lynch someone.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 am

Post by BROseidon »

How is it rolefishing to ask for a number from the masons? I didn't ask for more masons to claim, I asked how many masons there are. There is a very clear town-motivation for having a count on how many masons there are.

Also jobpick is still going on, so can we not talk about it (even though I'm dead in it). A lot of the day 1 jobpick stuff was very circumstantial and I don't want the games effecting one another while they are both in progress.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:28 am

Post by DOMO »

I'm not saying default lynch someone who has voted for both, I'm suggesting we analyse anyone who has done so. Doesn't look like anyone has anyway, so it's a moot point.

I missed BRO's rolefishing as I skimmed through.
In post 1126, BROseidon wrote:...I'll believe it for now. I assume that there are only 2 masons?
Yeah looks like it to me. Why would town want this info so early? Why would he "believe it for now"? Does scum ever fakeclaim mason with a scumbuddy? That would seem pretty stupid on d1.

pedit - explain the town motivation for wanting to know if there's more than 2 masons please BRO.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:33 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1185, BROseidon wrote:How is it rolefishing to ask for a number from the masons? I didn't ask for more masons to claim, I asked how many masons there are. There is a very clear town-motivation for having a count on how many masons there are.

Also jobpick is still going on, so can we not talk about it (even though I'm dead in it). A lot of the day 1 jobpick stuff was very circumstantial and I don't want the games effecting one another while they are both in progress.
Apologies. I wasn't aware it was an ongoing.

Re the mason count thing, I'm not convinced our vote is in the best possible place at the moment.

It would be good for Nacho to get involved in this game again.

Babel-17
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:51 am

Post by BROseidon »

Town motivation is that it deters mason fakeclaims from scum later while potentially giving us pseudo-confirmed townies later (ie, if there are 3 masons and we know that there are three and Dram/Serene die, then a third mason claim uncontested would be conftown. A contested one would give us a coinflip chance of hitting scum with the potential of using Seren/Dram's postings to figure out which one is the fakeclaim , which is pretty fucking good).

Only reason to give the info now would be because I don't see a really good reason to wait, while there is some liability in waiting (chance this is multiball or there is an SK and both get NK'd. While improbable to happen, it's still a liability).
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Serene »

In post 1181, Nero wrote:arguing with serene is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're retarded.
I'm so glad you got this gratuitous, day-late & dollar-short comment out of your system.

Kindly resume herding the sheep onto the Stevie wagon.
Nero
Nero
Goon
Nero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Nero »

aye aye cap'n
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:45 am

Post by DOMO »

I am curious to know if there's any more masons. But from a tactical point of view, I'd rather not know today, because keeping scum in the dark in that respect is better than feeding my curiosity.

If scum do not know how many masons there are, they won't fakeclaim mason, so I'm not sure why BRO asking how many masons there are can be considered as a counter to scum fakeclaims. On the contrary, knowing how many there are tells scum if there's anything to gain or not from fakeclaiming mason.

If both masons die tonight (highly unlikely but yeah it's possible), then we deal with anyone who claims to be a 3rd and final mason if and when it happens. We see if it makes sense for them to be a mason with serene and dram. It's not a concern, because it's a remote chance that both masons die tonight, and someone later claims to be a 3rd, with no 4th to confirm. It's much better imo to keep scum guessing. If they don't know how many masons there are, they can't make an optimal decision on who to NK tonight, because they'll be torn between trimming down the mason group, and hunting other PRs.

Yeah I can see more scum motivation than town for asking how many masons there are.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1173, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:so why are you only now questioning me on my unvote
It wasn't a question. You didn't do it naturally, you did it to either spite me or get a reaction. Either way it was your way of making a post like Holliday's directly to me. It doesn't count when the cat's already out of the bag.

But really, you have already shown you aren't tentative with voting so you should throw down.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1191, DOMO wrote:I am curious to know if there's any more masons. But from a tactical point of view, I'd rather not know today, because keeping scum in the dark in that respect is better than feeding my curiosity.

If scum do not know how many masons there are, they won't fakeclaim mason, so I'm not sure why BRO asking how many masons there are can be considered as a counter to scum fakeclaims. On the contrary, knowing how many there are tells scum if there's anything to gain or not from fakeclaiming mason.

If both masons die tonight (highly unlikely but yeah it's possible), then we deal with anyone who claims to be a 3rd and final mason if and when it happens. We see if it makes sense for them to be a mason with serene and dram. It's not a concern, because it's a remote chance that both masons die tonight, and someone later claims to be a 3rd, with no 4th to confirm. It's much better imo to keep scum guessing. If they don't know how many masons there are, they can't make an optimal decision on who to NK tonight, because they'll be torn between trimming down the mason group, and hunting other PRs.

Yeah I can see more scum motivation than town for asking how many masons there are.
First post from you guys that has unequivocally hit me as town-motivated. Recalibrating.

Babel-17
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 1-9

(as of Post 1193)

StevieT92 (5)
- Nero, The Goat, Zdenek, BulbaFenix, Serene
BROseidon (4)
- ProHawk, Brian Hollywood, DOMO, Rift Adrift
dramonic (2)
- KingCrabd, Metal Sonic
Serene (1)
- TheIrishPope
Doc Holliday (1)
- Calcifer
Shadi1337 (1)
- T S O
Zdenek (1)
- StevieT92
Nero (1)
- Doc Holliday
Mac (1)
- dramonic
The Goat (1)
- TMTOLBTWNTOF
StubbsKVM (1)
- Baby Spice

Not Voting (5)
- BROseidon, Ankamius, orcinus_theoriginal, StubbsKVM, Shadi1337

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline:
Wednesday, July 8, 2013 at 3pm Central Time.

Replacing:

No one

Prods:

Brian Hollywood
Doc Holliday
Metal Sonic

V/LAs:

None
Last edited by PeregrineV on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

@Mod

I unvoted in #1138

Granted, looks weird to do @end post but yh :P

~Corrected
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:15 am

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 1174, StubbsKVM wrote:
In post 1120, Serene wrote:dramonic is my mason.
why should I vote a mason?
I'm confused on the wording of your question stubbs... Could you clarify a little better?
ProHawk wrote:
In post 1173, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:so why are you only now questioning me on my unvote
It wasn't a question. You didn't do it naturally, you did it to either spite me or get a reaction. Either way it was your way of making a post like Holliday's directly to me. It doesn't count when the cat's already out of the bag.

But really, you have already shown you aren't tentative with voting so you should throw down.
Why would he unvote just to get a reaction from you or to spite you?

-Fenix
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:12 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

my reaction was directed to ProHawk, who questioned my unvote.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 1148, Rift Adrift wrote:Our vote is on Doc Hollday.
Umm, no it isn't.

Or do you mean in a more 'This is where a town block should vote' sense?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Brian Hollywood
Brian Hollywood
Townie
Brian Hollywood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Brian Hollywood »

Has Doc even been around?

I have skimmed a few posts but I don't remember seeing anything from Doc.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”