Newbie 1381 Oakhaven is Overrun Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

@Talah:

I have a question. Why ask filler questions regarding the mafia experience now in Day 2. Why didn't you ask during Day 1? Where it was more suitable to do so.

I don't know if I like how you jumped onto the Grey wagon once he got a vote on him. If you though he was scum why didn't you vote him before Gen?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by talah »

In post 525, Malakittens wrote:@Talah:

I have a question. Why ask filler questions regarding the mafia experience now in Day 2. Why didn't you ask during Day 1? Where it was more suitable to do so.

I don't know if I like how you jumped onto the Grey wagon once he got a vote on him. If you though he was scum why didn't you vote him before Gen?
Mala,

I gave a pretty strong indication of who my top scumread was by confronting grey prior to Gen voting. I don't know what question you're asking about, regarding filler questions, unless it was 'how many games have you played?' And if that's the questiion, it's because I want an idea of how advanced people's thinking would be regarding, for example, jumping on things like 'yes you're def-town because you played a gambit which I believe'.

Grey is not a wagon form me to jump on, with one vote. I like Gen's posts as we seem to come to similar conclusions based on different evidence. Hyper has been totally willing to lay down his own information on scenarios, I wish he would post more. jmo's meta fucks me hard but I think he's avoiding taking risks. Grey has been on my shoulder like Tyler Durden ever since I subbed in and laid a vote on him, and has done nothing but attack for defense apart from like one post. Mothrax has a pretty stoic meta but I'm not sure that rules her out as scum, although I did have a mild town gut-read (listening Grey, this is how you do a town gut-read) band then the direct questions were answered in a way I thought credible.

Mala you yourself I'm unsure of. You really haven't interacted directly with a huge amount of other players and have posted a couple of 'I'll catch up soon' posts, vowed to avenge Honey bee, and I don't see it. Seriously serious players shouldn't be tunnelling, they should be gathering information and making arguments based on that. I would think. Several posts ago (well ages ago) I noted you hadn't directly interacted with any but a few players and that still stands. Where are your questions to others?

Pointedly, what's your read on Grey? And please, why, to inform the rest of us...
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by talah »

*edit - "band" = just "and"... the direct posts etc
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Last time I played against a person in an open setup. I allowed two things to go pass me. 1) Activity levels 2) Filler questions. That bit me in the back because he turned up mafia. He was asking similar things about the game experience to multiple people and his activity was high. I mean higher than anyone would ever see in a Day 1. You are showing similar signs to this.

The question is I know how you felt about Grey by your first post, but why did you wait so long to vote him?

JMO has an odd meta. I'm very aware because I have played with him as both alignments and honestly there isn't much of a difference between them. Some players have a huge meta difference.

Hyper tends to be quiet as both alignments, but there's a bit of a difference in his style posting when he's scum. He's a bit more helpful as town. This currently is something I see from his opening posts when he replaced in.

I haven't played with Grey in a while. I have played with him twice overall and both times he was town and to be honest. I barely remember the games that much - I'd have to reread them. Going on reread of this game and what I do remember he tends to be passive as town, but he will jump onto something and not let go down the road. The only thing he wasn't as vote jumpy when he was town and this game he's a bit more then I expected him to be. Due to this makes me question the town meta read I have on him. There's also the fact it might be a bit outdated.

So he's currently null.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by talah »

Aight thanks, I'll have a think about that.

In response to your direct question, I didn't think I waited long at all. Certainly you haven't placed a vote yet. I'm posting to get people talking, which I believe is the best form of scumhunting. And also throwing down my opinions of who I think is scum, and
why I think that
. At
all
times. Even when my opinion changes.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by talah »

Okay, Mala. After a quick re-think... What do you think of my attacks on Grey. Who do you think is scummiest out of Grey and Gen. Am I scum.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Sorry for my absence I have been rather ill past few days and in bed a lot. VC coming up--Rach
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Hyperion »

OK, so, thinking about the HB kill. Night kill analyses would get us nothing, as it was a rather obvious kill since she was town as fuck and everyone else in the game had at least 1 person suspecting them. Tonights kill will probably be pretty informative.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by talah »

If that's the only way we're going to get further info out of you, why don't you post a vote or some reads or something and help end the day early? You were kind of AWOL after voting jmo end of day 1 iirc. And you've just been gone almost 5 days prior to that helpful tidbit.

@Rach-Mod
Can you prod mothrax please?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:27 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 532, Hyperion wrote:OK, so, thinking about the HB kill. Night kill analyses would get us nothing, as it was a rather obvious kill since she was town as fuck and everyone else in the game had at least 1 person suspecting them. Tonights kill will probably be pretty informative.
Wasnt this already said?

mothrax site wide flaked and hasnt posted for 6 days.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

I think I have to agree with Hyper. HB was super town and usually super town are first to go because they can't be pushed as a mislynch and they lead lynches.

~~

Talah I already gave you my thoughts on Grey. I disagree with your thoughts on Grey because he's kinda playing to his town meta. So if it was a choice between Grey / Gen it would have to be Gen, but that's after I eliminate Grey because he's playing to meta. You could be scum yes. I also noticed after I called you out for large activity your activity decreased.

Also where are the rest of you?

jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:32 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 535, Malakittens wrote:I think I have to agree with Hyper. HB was super town and usually super town are first to go because they can't be pushed as a mislynch and they lead lynches.
I already stated this like the moment after it happened. why is everyone wanting to echo?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Malakittens »

Jmo..

Talah asked Hyper directly. If you want to fault someone fault Talah. It's not polite to ignore questions even if they were already asked/answered/commented on.

jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Oh. Didn't see that. Sorry for condoning such impoliteness.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 533, talah wrote:If that's the only way we're going to get further info out of you, why don't you post a vote or some reads or something and help end the day early? You were kind of AWOL after voting jmo end of day 1 iirc. And you've just been gone almost 5 days prior to that helpful tidbit.

@Rach-Mod
Can you prod mothrax please?
Why do you want to end the day early? Why are you urging him to vote to do it?

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by talah »

Mala, all I can say is if you want to ask me five questions in a row, while avoiding asking anyone else anything, I don't really know how to respond. I did say I was going to be trying to lurk-n-learn a bit more. But questions me without regard to any other players is just going to result in more spam explaining in detail why I'm doing every single thing I'm doing. I don't see that as particularly helpful to Town at this stage.

I can tell you with all assuredness that nothing that I'm doing is scum motivated but *shrug* I don't know if you believe that or not. It's pretty apparent you don't actually.

If you really want more answers from me maybe you could start by clarifying the reads list you posted a while back. Tybalt's lynch germinated from an extremely similar point. Double standards much.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

@JMO - im still wary of you, however i feel at this point in the game Grey is scummier than you and thats why i am voting him. I do agree with you on the fact that Hyper just echoed what you said, do you think he is lurking or just flaking like mothrax?

@Mala, how can you say you would vote me? Grey refuses to answer questions from certain players. Dont you feel that refusing to answer questions is pretty scummy?

@talah, i dont see your issue with Mala asking you questions? Do you have something to hide? Other than that i will ask you the same question as jmo, do you think we need to be wary of hyper active lurking or do you think he has flaked?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by talah »

Opting for the 'little' version. The big version was nicely spaced and with quotes but it boils down to I'm irritated Mala's focussing on me instead of scum.

Also FYI Mala I found out that Roleblocker does not win over Bulletproof 'as it's a reflexive action', wish you'd have just told me that. Grr.

Mala's question, and a comment.

I also believe that Grey is scum especially after his last few OMGUS reactions, and am asking Hyper to help me lynch if the only contribution he feels able to make, is after he sees another flip. I would also be happy if Hyper merely wants to give reads and vote someone else, as it is likely to cause some kind of activity.
I did not ask Hyperion to post his last post. I asked him whether he thought we should be looking for association or disassociation from HB, in potential scum.

Gen's question.

No I don't have anything to hide but I am feeling a bit of brain drain. I feel daffy duck in a line of conscripts, where all the conscripts take one step back and the drill sergeant points and says 'ah-ha, you just volunteered'.
I don't think that Hyper is active lurking, more like he's not enjoying the game.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:03 am

Post by talah »

In post 507, jmo16mla wrote:What's the difference between what honey bee was doing and what grey was doing?
I don't understand this question, or who it's directed toward, can you explain please?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:51 am

Post by jmo16mla »

You said grey wing was buddying me yesterday. I did see some buddying, but what is the difference between what grey was saying and honey bee was saying?(they were both calling me town)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:58 am

Post by talah »

Oh, cool.

Grey jumped and voted mothrax as soon as you did, but he said you were definitely being lynched.

HB advised that anti-town reads did not guarantee you were scum, and did not change her vote and was reluctant to hammer you but would have anyway to avoid a no-lynch.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 am

Post by RachMarie »

GuyInFreezer replaces mothrax immediately

VC coming up

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 am

Post by RachMarie »

Vote Count 2.01

talah Greywing
Greywing Gen_Wolf, talah

Not Voting
Hyperion, GuyInFreezer, Malakittens, jmo16mla

With 7 it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-14 00:53:31)

Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Welcome GuyInFreezer :)
Greywing
Greywing
Goon
Greywing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Greywing »

In post 540, talah wrote:Mala, all I can say is if you want to ask me five questions in a row, while avoiding asking anyone else anything, I don't really know how to respond. I did say I was going to be trying to lurk-n-learn a bit more. But questions me without regard to any other players is just going to result in more spam explaining in detail why I'm doing every single thing I'm doing. I don't see that as particularly helpful to Town at this stage.
He's trying to figure out your alignment. How is that not helpful to Town?

Also, you've been tunneling me since my first post on D2, and I've seen no mention of any other scum-reads. Who else could be scum?
Show
"One arrow alone can be easily broken, but many arrows are indestructible."

Genghis Khan.

Records

(wins-losses)

Town
: 3-1
Mafia
: 3-1
Independent
: 0-0
Overall