KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

In post 1816, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 1814, KingCrabd wrote:I read your post about shadi but I'm not sure what to make of it. You're kind of unique in the good way, I've never seen another player do that like you have. Maybe Shadi is secretly your lovechild, I dunno.

I'm liking the townbloc just fine, or did you mean something more specific?
???? what does this mean
It's a joke. Laugh. It's funny.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1814, KingCrabd wrote:I read your post about shadi but I'm not sure what to make of it. You're kind of unique in the good way, I've never seen another player do that like you have. Maybe Shadi is secretly your lovechild, I dunno.

I'm liking the townbloc just fine, or did you mean something more specific?
I figure that if I have to actually come out and say "Hey guys, I'm town", I'm doing something wrong.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

VOTE: Nero
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

bandwagon ho I guess.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Well, to be fair, I expected pope to follow right along. It's what he does.

Shadi sheeping us is a bit more off, but whatever.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 1830, KingCrabd wrote:Well, to be fair, I expected pope to follow right along. It's what he does.

In post 1674, Shadi1337 wrote:
Well it's mainly because people aren't doing anything than bickering and thinking of a new lynch target. If you wanna go for me, fine but at least find somebody to lynch. If you haven't noticed 90% of the posts is Serene's bitching.
In post 1675, Shadi1337 wrote:anything other than*, if you wanna go for me, fine. * (punctuation!)

Basically I just wanna see something going. For me I think Steve would be better but I am OK with Nero..
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Okay rift... eh who are we kidding, ffery. Let's talk hollywood first?
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

k. I'll iso now.

Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Dibs on metachecking then.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Serene »

Hey guys

This is page 74

We still don't have a real wagon yet

Are you trying to distract yourselves from an actual wagons with isos and metas? You should have done that 25 pages ago.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

You have 30 pages alone..........
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

Hey serene, check our votes, then get back to us.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=14751

Brian was replaced by Quadz, was VT, and only has 11 posts or so on the thread. So no real metadives are going to work here.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

He enters the thread pretty late and unapologetically with over 200 posts down.

- votes BRO. At this point in the game thread both the BRO wagon and the Stevie wagon were moving along at a decent clip. Might be something associative to that but flips will be neede to sort.

- the "I am scum. Discuss." post. This felt townie. (I know, I know, stfu)

Then a few posts about varsoon and gambiting.

then 2 more posts.

- asks where doc has been (irony)

- informs us that nightfall is approaching

10 posts in total.

That's some hardcore lurking, that is.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1837, KingCrabd wrote:Hey serene, check our votes, then get back to us.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=14751

Brian was replaced by Quadz, was VT, and only has 11 posts or so on the thread. So no real metadives are going to work here.
He mentioned in this thread that he's played mafia elsewhere. Maybe he'll be willing to cough up a a link or two.

Babel-17
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by fferyllt »

ISOing Stubbs now.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1840, fferyllt wrote:ISOing Stubbs now.
:/

Babel-17
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

I think it's safe to put Sir Hollywood in the "null light lean scum" folder personally.
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by KingCrabd »

That shadi scumgame was also a stubs towngame, reading more in depth.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by ProHawk »

I am willing to vote Nero, however my vote would be more to clear the crap from the thread rather than to lynch scum, so I will stay on BRO until some of you actually see the scum in that... or I need to switch over for a lynch.
In post 1680, KingCrabd wrote: Stevie has gone how long with his case promise now?
BRO also has an outstanding promise as well...
In post 1686, KingCrabd wrote:If we can form a townbloc I'm fine with us voting together.
This also just sounds like an excuse to me. Why do you need a "townbloc" to vote together? What relationship do they have to eachother?
In post 1799, Serene wrote:If you can't figure out that he's totally obv-scum in this game by reading that other game... maybe meta analysis isn't your forte.
True meta does not one game make.

In order to have an accurate read based on meta, you need to have
at least
one town and one scum game to compare to that show explicitly that said player never does one thing as either town or scum while doing it as the opposite alignment. Meta is problematic because we are not static people. We change all the time based on experience.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Serene »

In post 1844, ProHawk wrote:True meta does not one game make.
Hey I don't even believe in meta. I think meta anything just blows chunks. Like "slips." Slips never pan out. Neither does meta. And we've got those two meta engineers up here that read 4 posts from some random game to spit out "null light lean scum." Big fucking woop. Garbage in, garbage out.

Nero however IS scum, his behavior in this game is solidly indicative of scum alignment.

But since you guys can't get your shit together to lynch a scum, or even to seriously wagon a scum for that matter, I have to present arguments that are both distasteful to my scumhunting sensibilities and straight up wrong - except that the conclusion is correct.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by Serene »

In post 1844, ProHawk wrote:I am willing to vote Nero, however my vote would be more to clear the crap from the thread rather than to lynch scum,
You're town. Wagon Nero.

Then we get a claim, we observe his behavior
in extremis
, and that is the best way to judge a player's mettle.

I'm sick of this meta bullshit.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Stubbs

put a random vote down in post 53, got yelled at because "RVS IS OVER!!!!"

reacts to the yelling (pretty well, I tnink), and votes Nero i - kinda looks like a random vote typre reason for the vote. "For telling me I suck for not voting within the first 4 hours of this game.", some back and forth with Nero follows.

- asking players questions about their posts. Looks scum-hunty. More questions follow, ISO him yourself if you want to see all 60-odd posts. He pushes lurkers (dramonic), people who FoS without a case (Baby Spice), defends not moving his Nero vote,

- some town reads

631[/post] - I like his pushback at Domo.

- unvotes Nero because he finally posted a read (town read)

[Later, there's a series of posts where he doesn't back down from orcinus, pushes Shadi for reads and calls him on apparent contradicitons

After the mason claim he does a review of Stevie's posts and comes up with a "why are you voting this guy?"

Stevie returns, sans BRO case. Stubbs calls him on it and later votes him.

HOW THE HELL IS ANYBODY READING THIS GUY AS ANYTHING BUT TOWN????

Great trajectory on every vot/unvote. Transparent thought process. Always looking for the next thing to research or question.

Babel-17
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 1662, Serene wrote:Nero, since you know that I am town - you have literally ZERO reason to use 90% of your posts to discredit me.

You also have no scumreads. You have been voting your buddy Stevie since June 12.

The only explanation for the above is your scum role PM.

You're very lucky we're playing a game where no one seems to want to lynch anyone. If this game had normal players, you know, that vote players to lynch, and get the game moving, I'm pretty sure you'd be lynched.

I don't know. I think I'd be up to lynch Nero.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Calcifer »

In post 1501, Cephrir wrote:spending four hours on something to be told your product is worthless is really demoralizing
It's part of the game, unfortunately.
In post 1514, Rift Adrift wrote:One of the reasons I kept Cephrir in my scumpile for much of the amnesiac game (while I was in it and afterwards) was because his posts came off as hedgy to me. Another reason was that the posts also came off as a little wordsmithed. And the final reason was his first post after day 2 started because I want to lynch cheerleading/reverse cheerleading with fire every time I see it.
Taking a closer look at Cephrir is officially on my to do list.
In post 1544, Cephrir wrote:I don't really object to Calcifer
Why do you think that we're scummy?
In post 1609, ProHawk wrote:
In post 1599, BulbaFenix wrote:Based on this post? I disagree.
Lets see... you have BRO who unvoted, didn't re-vote despite having other scum-leads, said he was going to read the thread to get a better idea of who to go for... starts fishing around to see exactly how many masons there are which he subsequently gets heat for, then splits to return five days past the point of where he said he was going to re-evaluate the thread with no re-evaluating done... and no, he at least wasn't too busy to be active on-site, so what exactly isn't scummy about that? :?
Why are you interacting solely with BulbaFenix?
In post 1625, Rift Adrift wrote:What are your thoughts about Cephrir's post catch-up posts?
I didn't like them when I read them; his scum/town list feels empty, and I don't like that he tried to appeal to us/work with us before jumping on the "oh calcifer is scum wagon".
In post 1625, Rift Adrift wrote:Where do you stand on Bulba now?
I'm leaning more town. I liked his push on ProHawk in particular, and plan on exploring the hell out of that avenue in a moment.
In post 1661, Ankamius wrote:VOTE: Calcifer

I'm getting those weird vibes almost half the time he posts now. I would post an actual case, but I'm not interested in having to read another ten damn pages of virtually nothing while I make it.
You could make a case without reading those 10 pages. ISOs are a beautiful thing.
In post 1688, KingCrabd wrote:Also WTF was that "deadline is approaching quickly" shit. Did he mean to post that somewhere else, perhaps? Scum might have daychat, not sure, is Encryptor defined as normal?
Somehow, I think it's incredibly unlikely for Brian to fuck up posting in a quicktopic and in a thread.
In post 1830, KingCrabd wrote:Well, to be fair, I expected pope to follow right along. It's what he does.

Why did you use the word "us"?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”