Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

VOTE: bulbafenix
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

BRO is scum over my dead body

I will redeem myself for letting the Nero lynch go through
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 pm

*BRO is lynched over my dead body
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

I'm a lot more interested in your thoughts about a bulba lynch.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Shadi1337 »

@Bulba I don't necessarily oppose a wagon on him. Just believe most of the stuff is old on him now. And nah, just seeing Calc being different than he used to be; seems more pushy and for less strong reasons. might be me idk
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:24 pm

In post 2403, Rift Adrift wrote:I'm a lot more interested in your thoughts about a bulba lynch.
I am still seeing an alarming lack of a case
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 2405, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2403, Rift Adrift wrote:I'm a lot more interested in your thoughts about a bulba lynch.
I am still seeing an alarming lack of a case
What do you make of the contradiction in the dissonance stories that were posted today?

I'm pulling together some earlier thoughts about him, and will include some day 2 stuff as well. May post it tonight. More likely tomorrow.

Babel-17
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by The Goat »

In post 2216, Serene wrote:In post 2199, The Goat wrote:
vote: Stevie

Serene, after reading through the later stages of D1, I'd prefer that you try to behave a lot more pro-town. Thanks in advance.

You first, sir lurksalot.
Seriously? I could set a doctor on fire and probably still be more pro-town than you have thus far.

Example: I've been generally disinterested with this game thus far. Calcifier's shift to pursuing low-fliers under pressure seemed shady, and piqued my interest. But you turned into "super douchebag" shortly thereafter, making me generally disinterested in agreeing with you on his scumminess. Is this a shortcoming on my part? Probably. But it would really help if you didn't do stuff like gloat over Nero's death and brag about being able to townlead and type in all caps and suggest that you helped get Nero lynched even though you knew he was town...that sort of stuff. Because that warps any reads I might have.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by The Goat »

Calcifier:

Can you explain to me why...at approximately 9 pm EST yesterday, you suddenly decided to go bonkers and point fingers at lowfliers?

It's understandable if it's something you'd been doing all game...but you haven't.

(And, sincerely, thank you for reinvigorating me.)
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by The Goat »

Can a complete slacker get a VC up in here?
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 2391, Zdenek wrote:You're welcome to tell me about your conversations about Serene too.
To Bulba.
We both thought that Serene might be scum yesterday until they claimed. Fenix still thinks they're scum, while I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and look elsewhere for now. I've kept Fenix off of them for the most part since their claim. He pushed me hard on it. When d2 was about to start, he wanted to tango with Serene so bad. I finally consented, but said that we were not going to vote them.
In post 2397, Cephrir wrote:Brian, I get the feeling you're from a place that no lynches a lot.
Otherwise your latest posts are kind of silly
especially given that Zdenek is hardly the only one who's done what you're complaining about, he just happened to pick a topic you didn't like I guess?
I take it Brian is a town read?
In post 2397, Cephrir wrote: I'd also like to hear at least a vague hydra summary from BulbaFenix. I thought it was possible that could be fake-hydra-dissonance just purely because it's a really easy thing to be dissonant about.
Not much to tell really. We've been pretty open about our thought process and what we've discussed. Anything we haven't said really isn't anybody's business at this point. Suffice it to say, we have gone back over our reads and refined them given the events in d1. If you want anything more specific, you're going to have to ask.

-Bulba
Hydra of Bulbazak and Eddie Fenix.

Embrace the dissonance.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Bulba wrote:
In post 2397, Cephrir wrote:Brian, I get the feeling you're from a place that no lynches a lot.
especially given that Zdenek is hardly the only one who's done what you're complaining about, he just happened to pick a topic you didn't like I guess?
Not particularly.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 2411, Cephrir wrote:
Bulba wrote:
Not particularly.
Then why do you call his posts silly? Silly implies that you think he's town, and he's responding irrationally. If you are unsure of him being town, you'd see his posts as suspicious or even scummy. But you didn't, which leaves me a little confused.

-Bulba

Embrace the dissonance.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I didn't feel they were horribly scummy so much as they just didn't make any sense.
Bartleby the Scrivener
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

My point being that you were addressing it from a Brian-town standpoint, rather than a standpoint where you didn't know his alignment.

-Bulba

Embrace the dissonance.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I disagree.
Bartleby the Scrivener
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 2415, Cephrir wrote:I disagree.
Of course you do. I don't expect anybody to agree that what they're doing is scummy (Okay, I may know a few people...), but the fact of the matter is that you're being very wishy washy about how you feel about Brian's alignment. Brian's chosen a stance and is refusing to budge. However, when you comment on it, you refuse to make any sort of stance on his actions whatsoever. In fact, when I push you on the subject, you've refused to take a stance on his very alignment. I mean, you should have some sort of opinion, even if it's just "Brian is null because of X.", and then we can talk about X, but you've given us nothing. So, what is your stance on Brian?

-Bulba

Embrace the dissonance.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I have a null read on him, obviously.

You're really grasping at straws here. This entire argument is based on one adjective I picked, and now I'm being 'wishy-washy' just because I didn't tell you something I felt was obvious.
Bartleby the Scrivener
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 2417, Cephrir wrote:I have a null read on him, obviously.

You're really grasping at straws here. This entire argument is based on one adjective I picked, and now I'm being 'wishy-washy' just because I didn't tell you something I felt was obvious.
Actually, I'm not grasping at straws, because sometimes word choice is very important and can betray our motivation. You calling what Brian did "silly" betrayed that you thought that he was town aligned instead of scum aligned. I looked back at what Brian was doing, and I saw that he was defending his choices, particularly his choice not to move his vote. Any other player when not knowing his alignment might question him about his choices and come to some sort of conclusion about them, even if that conclusion is that his choice is not alignment indicative. However, you simply dismissed what he did as "silly". There was no seeking out his motivation for making the choices you were commenting on, only you saying it was "silly", which betrayed you thinking or knowing he was town (Hence why I asked you if you had a town read on him.). I'm definitely going to be keeping a close eye on you two from now on.

-Bulba

Embrace the dissonance.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 2363, Ankamius wrote:Whenever a game moves really fast, I get lost really easily. It takes me a few in-game days to be calibrated in a large game.
I take it that you usually play elsewhere or under a different name, because there's precious little evidence of this in other larges that you've been in.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

You do that, Bulb. You do that.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2419, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 2363, Ankamius wrote:Whenever a game moves really fast, I get lost really easily. It takes me a few in-game days to be calibrated in a large game.
I take it that you usually play elsewhere or under a different name, because there's precious little evidence of this in other larges that you've been in.
Nope. The first one was a while back, but good luck getting anything from that one. Everything before Day 4 was lost in the 2011 crash. I managed to stay afloat more easily because I was playing in a hydra.

LoL Mafia was a lot more readable than this game was. Day two was a real struggle for me (seriously, go look.), but Day 1 worked since I was able to latch onto a strong read and ride that to the end of the day. I only started being an active contributor after I looked at each player individually, but I'm not going to do that here. I'm not searching through mountains of garbage meta posts. :igmeou:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ok reads regarding ProHawk's death:

Doc Holliday (Cephrir) is town
Broseidon is scum
Calcifer is probably town
Dramonic is slightly scummy

I remember I was doubting my read on BROseidon but I forgot why
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2422, Ankamius wrote:Ok reads regarding ProHawk's death:

Broseidon is scum
Calcifer is probably town
Dramonic is slightly scummy
Explain these.

-Bulba
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
BulbaFenix
BulbaFenix
Goon
BulbaFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by BulbaFenix »

In post 2423, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2422, Ankamius wrote:Ok reads regarding ProHawk's death:

Broseidon is scum