Mini 1452 - Inevitable Mafia (Game Over)

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 am

Post by gorckat »

How are you not payong enough attentionto remember yates fake guilties?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:25 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Yeah, hoop today. After looking at the wagons, gorck doesn't look o hot. He has basically been on every single wagon at some point or another.
after a wank.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

i'm with gorc going after me which seems to be the consensus.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

@Jmo, Broseidon at no point ever gave serious consideration to the possibility of DCLXVI not being town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm hesitant to place this vote because I have a gut suspicion that JMO might be right.

Who is down to lynch Gorckat today?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Yeah but I knew I wasn't the other mason :D

RC can you just hammer this shit already?

pedit: gorck is honestly my 3rd choice at this point behind Hoopla and ThAd. If rofl is scum I will berate myself for being a moron.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Eh, regardless of what Gorckat flipped I'd still jump on Hoopla next.

VOTE: Hoopla
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

That was btilliant. Brilliant play.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Votecount #17:
thadmiral - jmo16mla,
Hoopla - roftcopter, gorckat, Broseidon, CooLDoG, RadiantCowbells

Not voting - Hoopla, thadmiral

Hoopla has been lynched. She was a Townie.

Night 5 has begun. Please send in all relevant actions by July 9th.

(Yates thing fixed. I appreciate you all bearing with me... not sure I should really start this up again.)
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 am

Post by Kitoari »

It is now Day 5.

jmo16mla has been killed. He was a Mason.

Not Voting - RadiantCowbells, ThAdmiral, CooLDoG, roftlcopter, gorckat, BROseidon

With 6 alive, It takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is July 24th.
Last edited by Kitoari on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:05 am

I've been looking at this for a while and I don't really favour a Gorckat lynch right now.
Let's get Broseidon.
Radiant is town.

Discuss.
Absolutely maybe.
This sentence ticked me off a long long time ago, and when I was revisiting Broseidon it caught my attention again.
Sarcastic response to a comment meant to generate town discussion? Don't like it at all.

Yeah but I knew I wasn't the other mason

Doubly bad. Tries to stifle discussion, and the first sentence is a non-denial denial of being scum.
I wanted to switch votes yesterday to him except I thought it was a bus and this was to gain towncred on his teammate's lynch.

DBK already covered why I took it as a joke, hence a joke response.

Now on a more serious note, am I the only one bothered by:
Way to throw a pal under the bus then, bro
Every real town knew he wasn't actually claiming scum.
This is basically trying to look town while not scumhunting in the least.

DCLXVI improperly representing Rob's argument and sheeping onto letters as a result seems too reckless to make me think that it's scum motivated. Don't like JMO's shitty meta argument and AtE, though. Very defensive.

VOTE: JMO
Fine. Really nothing wrong with this or his vote, except stuff that will come later of the position he's taking.

@Rob: What about his post seemed serious, though? I read it as a joke, which is why I'm confused as to why you interpreted it as serious (and why you assign this reading of his response to JMO in your points against him).
I am not in any hurry to lynch a mason claim. That would be really fucking stupid. If we have reason to suspect that the claim is false later, we can lynch then. Fuck, a mason coming forward and saying "he is not a mason" would be worth it if this were a fake claim; I'd trade a mason for scum.
This is what made me think he was the mason. That bit at the end was so blatantly obvious that there was no reason for it; obviously a mason would come forward if it was fake?
More useless shit.

I think a mason number would be good, but not their identities. DBK pointed out the use of having named townies in LyLo, but that's only true if we know how many masons there are as to prevent mason fakeclaims when all the masons are taken out.
The way this reads to me is that he's trying to make it look like he's the partner subtly pushing DCL to claim a number of masons.

Okay, now I'm comfortable taking DCL's claim at face value. Obviously will reconsider if information pops up that contradicts what he's given, but what he's given makes sense.

Really hate what RC did there. Makes 0 fucking sense in terms of town motivation, but also little sense in terms of scum motivation since scum should not be willing to so blatantly trade one person for a mason. Same thing with me wanting to think Cooldog is town - the move is just too blatantly idiotic for me to believe that scum would pull something like that. Does anyone have scum meta on either Cooldog or RC? Do they tend to play very boldly in the day phase as scum?
Again, he's OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO LOOK LIKE A POTENTIAL MASON CLAIM.
Jmo was on the down low about it. Broseidon is trying to look like maximum obvious mason partner so he can come fakeclaim it later.

Don't need to extend this wall anymore.

VOTE: Broseidon

Another big one for me is.
Can we just get a flip so that all this fucking WIFOM can stop. I don't have the energy for this shit.
This looks to me like he's worried about a multiball or some shit. It doesn't look town at all.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 am

Also, saying to lynch ThAd is idiotic and it looks like he's just positioning himself where he won't be called out for causing or being on a mislynch.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Fucking idiots.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:09 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 885, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've been looking at this for a while and I don't really favour a Gorckat lynch right now.
Let's get Broseidon.
Radiant is town.

Discuss.
Absolutely maybe.
This sentence ticked me off a long long time ago, and when I was revisiting Broseidon it caught my attention again.
Sarcastic response to a comment meant to generate town discussion? Don't like it at all.

Yeah but I knew I wasn't the other mason

Doubly bad. Tries to stifle discussion, and the first sentence is a non-denial denial of being scum.
I wanted to switch votes yesterday to him except I thought it was a bus and this was to gain towncred on his teammate's lynch.

DBK already covered why I took it as a joke, hence a joke response.

Now on a more serious note, am I the only one bothered by:
Way to throw a pal under the bus then, bro
Every real town knew he wasn't actually claiming scum.

DCLXVI improperly representing Rob's argument and sheeping onto letters as a result seems too reckless to make me think that it's scum motivated. Don't like JMO's shitty meta argument and AtE, though. Very defensive.

VOTE: JMO
Fine. Really nothing wrong with this or his vote, except stuff that will come later of the position he's taking.

@Rob: What about his post seemed serious, though? I read it as a joke, which is why I'm confused as to why you interpreted it as serious (and why you assign this reading of his response to JMO in your points against him).
I am not in any hurry to lynch a mason claim. That would be really fucking stupid. If we have reason to suspect that the claim is false later, we can lynch then. Fuck, a mason coming forward and saying "he is not a mason" would be worth it if this were a fake claim; I'd trade a mason for scum.
This is what made me think he was the mason. That bit at the end was so blatantly obvious that there was no reason for it; obviously a mason would come forward if it was fake?
More useless shit.

I think a mason number would be good, but not their identities. DBK pointed out the use of having named townies in LyLo, but that's only true if we know how many masons there are as to prevent mason fakeclaims when all the masons are taken out.
The way this reads to me is that he's trying to make it look like he's the partner subtly pushing DCL to claim a number of masons.

Okay, now I'm comfortable taking DCL's claim at face value. Obviously will reconsider if information pops up that contradicts what he's given, but what he's given makes sense.

Really hate what RC did there. Makes 0 fucking sense in terms of town motivation, but also little sense in terms of scum motivation since scum should not be willing to so blatantly trade one person for a mason. Same thing with me wanting to think Cooldog is town - the move is just too blatantly idiotic for me to believe that scum would pull something like that. Does anyone have scum meta on either Cooldog or RC? Do they tend to play very boldly in the day phase as scum?
Again, he's OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO LOOK LIKE A POTENTIAL MASON CLAIM.
Jmo was on the down low about it. Broseidon is trying to look like maximum obvious mason partner so he can come fakeclaim it later.

Don't need to extend this wall anymore.

VOTE: Broseidon

Another big one for me is.
Can we just get a flip so that all this fucking WIFOM can stop. I don't have the energy for this shit.
This looks to me like he's worried about a multiball or some shit. It doesn't look town at all.
:facepalm:

I'll write a response to this when I'm not getting ready for work.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:20 am

Post by gorckat »

Thad
Bro
rofl

I have been considering rofl town, so I expect our last two to flip as Thad and Bro.

Unless CD is a godfather and/or scum have daytalk (meaning RC may have been coached heavily), I would consider them off the table.

6 alive, four to lynch (shouldn't be five)- Unlikely to have any of Thad, Bro, rofl and myself to self-vote, so perhaps RC and CD can hold their votes and we can avoid quickhammers for the win?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:34 am

I have information that I can't give at this point in time that suggests CoolDog is 100% not godfather.

TBH, I still think it's you/Broseidon but I'm happier with my vote on Bro than you right now.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:37 am

Post by gorckat »

o_O

When do you think you might give this info.

We hit scum today and you or CD get popped.

That info is either moot (CD dead) or unavailable (you dead).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:44 am

What I've told you is enough. If I die, don't lynch CoolDog tomorrow no matter what.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 am

Post by gorckat »

Fuck it. Let's ride the dragon.

What do you think of you and CD holding votes until it's clearer where we are targeting so there isn't a quickhammer?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:18 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 885, RadiantCowbells wrote:Sarcastic response to a comment meant to generate town discussion? Don't like it at all.
Sarcasm is not a scumtell.
In post 885, RadiantCowbells wrote:Doubly bad. Tries to stifle discussion, and the first sentence is a non-denial denial of being scum.
Because there was a lot of discussion going on at that point.
In post 885, RadiantCowbells wrote:Every real town knew he wasn't actually claiming scum.
Because there was so much more substantial information to work off of at that point.

And yes I was trying to make myself seem more mason-like in an attempt to draw out a scumkill if the scum decided to go for a DCL kill night 1 and then dig for the other mason before he claimed.
In post 885, RadiantCowbells wrote:his looks to me like he's worried about a multiball or some shit. It doesn't look town at all.
Um...

1) If I am scum and I was concerned about multiball, it would mean that my scumteam would HAVE to consist of just me/nhammen. 9/2/2 and 9/3/1 are not balanced setups. So either you think I'm an idiot or your logic is inconsistent.

2) The single kill on Rob night one would not have made any amount of sense. Sure, it would make sense for a mafia team to also shoot Rob in an attempt to invalidate your claim, but why would an SK do that as well? An SK would want to start thinning the crowd.

Also, does anything in how I pushed nhammen look like a bus to you, seeing as I was one of the driving forces behind that lynch.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:19 am

Post by BROseidon »

Also I am fairly certain that the last two scum are gorck/ThAd. I will be willing to lynch either of them today.

If anyone suggests we lynch rofl I will yell at you. A lot.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:20 am

Okay, I'll bite.

What's your case for ThAd being scum?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

He's less town than rofl and I don't think you are pulling any sort of gambit.

Seriously, he was on the early DCL wagon pushing for a quicklynch and he hasn't had any sort of original thought all game. After the mason claim he backs off immediately and tunnels CD through day 2, at which point he jumps onto gorck with the following sequence:
In post 594, ThAdmiral wrote:The last one is harder to read, but it seems pretty clear to me that there is scum among gorckat and cooldog, and at least one in bro/jmo/yates/hoop.
1) Notice how that last group is 3 conftown and me (and I know that I am town). That means that, as a bus, this is a really smart bus because it pushes town to start searching for scum in a group of four that very likely included the mason and a group that, given a single scum in that group, would actually be LESS scum-dense than the overall game, so as scum he could potentially push for 3-4 mislynches in that group by only giving up gorck. Gorck wasn't even really an option on the table, so he probably wasn't even going to have to shed gorck for another few days.

2) ThAd then drops his CooLDoG read "on reread" once it became apparently that CD wasn't getting lynched.

ThAd then can't decide whether to deathtunnel me or gorck, so he just sort of wavers back and forth in who he wants to deathtunnel. Oh, and he didn't think nhammen was scum when the guy at that point was pretty damn scum.

And at the end of it all he hasn't pushed a lynch to the point that it actually has happened, despite the fact that he's been "sure" that gorck is scum for the past few days.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 893, gorckat wrote:Fuck it. Let's ride the dragon.

What do you think of you and CD holding votes until it's clearer where we are targeting so there isn't a quickhammer?
100% agree with this.

with that said though, I like a gorc lynch right now.
after a wank.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:24 am

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

Okay, bro.

Why do you have a town read on Roflcoptor?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”