TheIrishPope (3)
: Siverure DtTrikyp, Sakura Hana, Task Master
Soune of Silence (1)
: Treble
Sakura Hana (1)
: Generic

Not voting
:Voodoo Lady, NotMara , Sound of Silence, Karnage, TheIrishPope, D3f3nd3r,

Deadline is 7/24/2013 4:30 GMT (That's (expired on 2013-07-24 08:30:00))

Last edited by Ms Marangal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I'm obviously the real doc, what are you guys going on about.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
NotMara
NotMara
Townie
NotMara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:15 am

Post by NotMara »

Hello. This is a hydra of Rob13 and Maestro. I'll attempt to remember to sign posts but may occasionally forget - just ask if you aren't sure who's posting.

Also - are you guys even serious right now? There are a decent amount of players with experience in this game and no one has even remotely attempted to get out of RVS even a little bit.
In post 5, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Sixth Post!
Siv is a better player than this. No RVS vote. No attempt to provoke anyone or prod anyone into giving more info.
In post 10, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Counterclaim doctor

VOTE: IrishPope
Keeps us in RVS. No attempt to make any useful contributions. Again - Siv is better than this. There were multiple things to potentially pressure before this post that he could have taken up and prodded at to see if anything squirmed. Instead, he was totally content to keep us in RVS.

Other offenders on the Doc shiz include Sakura Hana (new to the game, so I doubt this is alignment indicative) and Taskmaster (same). TIP is not someone I'm concerned about "claiming" doctor because he did it first. If anything, it's a decent attempt to get reactions which is a town-tell (although an extremely small one).

But, after all that, I'm gonna place my vote on someone else entirely. Generic is not looking good. His #3 is fine RVS material for a first post of the game - not alignment indicative. His apology for it without anyone calling him out on it in #8 is alignment indicative, though. He's overly concerned with how people are viewing him. That's scum behavior, not town behavior. He then does more-or-less the same thing in #11 where he changes his vote and defends himself pretty hard against someone telling him to do the research if he wants to know the heads in their hydra - which isn't even an accusation of anything. Overly defensive, throwing votes around left-and-right with no attempt to find scum, commented on the doc business with no analysis, etc. - all of them point to either complete noob-town or scum. He claims two years of experience playing the game, so I'm going to go with scum. Even on another site without the rigor of play that MS has, he would know better as town if he played for a solid two years.

Vote: Generic

This, if not obvious, is a serious vote.

~Rob
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Damn right it's a towntell, good job Rob
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
NotMara
NotMara
Townie
NotMara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 am

Post by NotMara »

In post 27, NotMara wrote:(although an extremely small one)

~Rob
Treble
Treble
Goon
Treble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Treble »

go team
(ノ
◕ヮ◕
)ノ
*:
・゚
M&Ms
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Hmm i was thinking of giving town points for the little joke in the doc business but what you said makes sense, and you've also covered any possible questioning i could give to your post since you've explained everything, dang... you're quite a good player.
UNVOTE:
I do agree with you on the fact that Generic is acting odd and doesn't seem to want to discern the alignment of said Hydra tho i always believe a vote is better backed up with a question so
VOTE: Generic
Generic can you tell me why does it matter to you and how will it help you discern the alignment of the unknown hydra?

P-Edit: wth is with that post Treble?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Hi people.

Honest opinion on the doctor thing: It's a joke. We know that the setup has no doctors, and TIP most likely knew this when he made his #6. TIP's votes are a bit too many for something I'm almost positive is a joke. The people who counterclaimed are playing along with the joke, not
bad

Liking NotMara's #27, or at least the second half of it. Not seeing why apologizing for the first post of the game (from Generic) has any merit at all.

P-Edit: Not liking Treble's #30. Explain, please.

Mod: The people who voted before your VC were not removed from the Not Voting section. Also, can you please use full usernames in the VCs?

~ I do not know what you are talking about :shifty: anyway, done
Last edited by Ms Marangal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treble
Treble
Goon
Treble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Treble »

wow you guys suddenly got serious. i should be allowed to express my support for my team in a backseat manner! no fun :(
(ノ
◕ヮ◕
)ノ
*:
・゚
M&Ms
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:39 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

D3f are you a wizard
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
NotMara
NotMara
Townie
NotMara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 am

Post by NotMara »

Treble, are you willing to tell me which head is posting right now? I consider that pretty relevant at the moment.

Also, re:D3f: I'm not concerned with the joke that is there. I'm concerned with the scumhunting that isn't.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Generic »

In post 27, NotMara wrote:Hello. This is a hydra of Rob13 and Maestro. I'll attempt to remember to sign posts but may occasionally forget - just ask if you aren't sure who's posting.

Also - are you guys even serious right now? There are a decent amount of players with experience in this game and no one has even remotely attempted to get out of RVS even a little bit.
In post 5, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Sixth Post!
Siv is a better player than this. No RVS vote. No attempt to provoke anyone or prod anyone into giving more info.
In post 10, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Counterclaim doctor

VOTE: IrishPope
Keeps us in RVS. No attempt to make any useful contributions. Again - Siv is better than this. There were multiple things to potentially pressure before this post that he could have taken up and prodded at to see if anything squirmed. Instead, he was totally content to keep us in RVS.

Other offenders on the Doc shiz include Sakura Hana (new to the game, so I doubt this is alignment indicative) and Taskmaster (same). TIP is not someone I'm concerned about "claiming" doctor because he did it first. If anything, it's a decent attempt to get reactions which is a town-tell (although an extremely small one).

But, after all that, I'm gonna place my vote on someone else entirely. Generic is not looking good. His #3 is fine RVS material for a first post of the game - not alignment indicative. His apology for it without anyone calling him out on it in #8 is alignment indicative, though. He's overly concerned with how people are viewing him. That's scum behavior, not town behavior. He then does more-or-less the same thing in #11 where he changes his vote and defends himself pretty hard against someone telling him to do the research if he wants to know the heads in their hydra - which isn't even an accusation of anything. Overly defensive, throwing votes around left-and-right with no attempt to find scum, commented on the doc business with no analysis, etc. - all of them point to either complete noob-town or scum. He claims two years of experience playing the game, so I'm going to go with scum. Even on another site without the rigor of play that MS has, he would know better as town if he played for a solid two years.

Vote: Generic

This, if not obvious, is a serious vote.

~Rob
That's a hell of a reach for something of any worth notmara.

I stand by my 2nd post in game, I was pleased to finally steal first post of the game. My 2nd vote was RVS, and so was my 3rd.
And you wanted me to analyse 4 claims of doc in RVS?

Come back when you have an actual case. The more interesting reaction though was hana. Blindly follows you weak case before questioning me on something that happened at the start of the game involving an RVS vote I made.
It doesn't matter hana, that was my point when I mentioned not really having meta as an option.

And both of you cling to this comment of it being odd behaviour from me. Please do elaborate how it's odd play for me. What's usual for me?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well i rather read them based on their actions than on their meta, considering it's an hydra, what makes you think meta will help you?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
NotMara
NotMara
Townie
NotMara
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:55 am

Post by NotMara »

It's odd for anyone to defend themselves against an accusation that no one made. It's indicative of being overly concerned with your appearance to others - something that is generally exhibited only by scum or noob-town. The fact that you're talking about the game in a rather sophisticated manner (especially in the line of defense involving my lack of established meta on you) and claim a lot of experience makes me think you're not noob-town. From there, I connected the dots.

And is it reaching? Yes. This is page 2. It's the best lead I have at the moment. I think it's a pretty good one, though.

~Rob
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Generic »

Sigh.

Ok hana, lets start over, cos you aren't listening or you are just slow...
In post 11, Generic wrote:
Since I'm fairly new to site it won't actually make any difference because there are very few players here I have an impression of to allow for any form of meta read, I just found it odd that we have three hydras in game and treble is the only one without the users behind it listed.

I didn't know you could look up hydras, is there a database on here?

unvote, vote mutley

O. M. G. U. S....
Ok, lets go through it step by step for you...

New to site, won't make a difference if I know the usernames or not.

This means I don't actually care and just found it odd their identities are hidden.

Meta doesn't matter to me.

Meta has nothing to do with it, just curiosity at hidden info.

Sinking in yet?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

hmm ok, Rob's points still stand tho
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Generic »

In post 38, NotMara wrote:It's odd for anyone to defend themselves against an accusation that no one made. It's indicative of being overly concerned with your appearance to others - something that is generally exhibited only by scum or noob-town. The fact that you're talking about the game in a rather sophisticated manner (especially in the line of defense involving my lack of established meta on you) and claim a lot of experience makes me think you're not noob-town. From there, I connected the dots.

And is it reaching? Yes. This is page 2. It's the best lead I have at the moment. I think it's a pretty good one, though.

~Rob

It was figure of speech apologetic, that's the most you can call it. Maybe I am too British for your tastes, but to try and build a case on it is a reach.

Your logic was only n00b or scum would apologise without provocation due to self image. Why would n00b town be hung up on image? Only type who get caught in that are n00b scum. So you insult me sir to not only wrongly accuse me as scum, but n00b scum at that.

You said it yourself, I'm not new to mafia, so why would I get hung up in self image? As town or mafia what the hell is my motivation?

Your whole case hinges on the assumption that experienced scum would openly show self image awareness on their 2nd post? Are your experienced a I'm players on mafiascum that transparent?

Like I said, weak case. You feel free to pursue it, I will be interested to see your reads going forwards from here.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

oh wow i just realized, you're still fence sitting on my vote from the RVS, are you out of RVS yet

P-Edit: did you just use WIFOM ._.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Generic »

a I'm = scum

Typing on an iPhone, so apologies for lapses in grammar.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Generic »

In post 42, Sakura Hana wrote:oh wow i just realized, you're still fence sitting on my vote from the RVS, are you out of RVS yet

P-Edit: did you just use WIFOM ._.

Oh no hana, I'm not fence sitting on it. While notmara is trying to make something of nothing, you are riding his coat tails... Badly I might add. You have tried to add to it and messed up, so went back to 'what he said'.

So my vote stays where it is for the time being. Why are you so worried about a single vote on you anyway?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So that means that your vote on me is serious now?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Oh, okay.

TIP had nothing he could do, it's hard to determine scum off of a total of six words posted by three people. Regarding your #27, neither did Siv in his first post.

Other "doctors" had Generic to work off of, though.

P-Edit: Generic, your second post was an apology for something none of the other players really cared about, you making the first post of the game. You said nothing about that in your #39, for some reason. That's the issue.

Rob's points stand.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:08 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Im not worried about the vote itself, i was concerned about the fact that you seemed serious yet you still had your RVS vote on.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also any reason you're accusing me of riding his coat tails yet you find no issue with Defender?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11 am

Post by Generic »

And on the wifom, notmara is building a case on a single assumption that only scum or new town are obvious in self image awareness. That simply ain't true on any level. That's making the analysis fit the desired conclusion.

Pedit, and I did say something on the 'apology'. Figure of speech, and I usually like to lead into a game with more than screaming 'first post' so it was simply recognition of the giddiness.
To me it's something of nothing, but if you guys really want to insult my intelligence over it carry on getting bogged down with the insincere apologetic opening to my 2nd post (which was more in line with my intended opening until I realised I was first in on the thread)

Return to “Completed Open Games”