I decided to beat the game
so I did
and now it is over

there is now a massive hole in my heart
and i have no mashed potatoes to fill it with
wat do

;___;
um you could start with a case on me
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In fact, here's my ultimatum:

If you do not sort your read on me via finally making a case for me being scum or finally just trusting me because this is the game where I am town and alive a while but still clearly and powerfully town, then I will vote you. I will vote you and I will not take my vote off you for the rest of the day. I need the paranoia to stop, the town needs the paranoia to stop; your indecision is the ONLY way the mafia can grab victory at this point, can't lynch mafia both times without you solidly on our side both days and if I can't get my mafia lynch, then I guess I'll be making a townie lynch to minimize moving parts and hope desperately that the mafia don't figure out the obvious way to figure out this situation. If you can't even show me the respect to give me that real scum case that isn't just a town case, then you aren't even listening to me anymore and we have a better chance of winning through blind luck as opposed to actually winning and that's just sad. I don't want to win this game like that. This game already holds a special place in my heart because it's been fucking awesome; so many townies in this game have stepped it the fuck up and played AMAZINGLY: B&B obviously slam dunked the game several times and was thoroughly fucking great and mollie is going to slaughter me if we lose after the time she's put in, Venmar confirmed a vanilla town N1 and pegged scum N2 with his hider role which is actually perfect play for a hider role, and he trusted his read OVER MINE because he knew my read was wrong, Cabd was a player I had never seen before, never heard about before who completely gained my respect as a player over the course of ONE GAME, Mac who towned all over the place Day 1, was an excellently strong townread that everyone felt in their hearts was town because he actually WAS that town, Ghostlin who had that step up on Day 4 and played like a fucking god, Rev who took that scummy townie mislynch slot and turned it into an aggressive town slot that actually became a threat worth bullets, waynegg who was around yesterday who prodded the thread until the thread came alive again and brought life back into the game, even BRO who sent me on a paranoid stint because he's playing amazingly.

There is too much time put into this game by too many people to just throw it to the ground and leave it to scum to shoot each other. The town, the scum, everyone deserves more than that bullshit ending; it's essentially a draw between scumteams in that case (and I'll certainly count it as such) if we fuck up here and mislynch because every mislynch we made before brought us closer to THIS moment; when the game is truly and finally POE'd and it's just time to fucking lynch scum. I have paranoid leanings (even on you, imagine that), but this game has almost lasted two months, it's 171 pages, I've read it enough times. I'm not going to make any amazing revelations, I'm not going to be confident in pegging scum based on one post when everyone has so much content to read them off. And at this point, I've defended myself enough. I've poured my heart and soul into this game above all others and I want the win more than I want anything else, but if you want to lynch me for no reason at all, I'm going to make damn sure you never mislynch me in a crucial moment ever again.

And hey, there REALLY isn't a case on me. Vague meta case from Metal means nothing; we have ONE completed game together and somehow he knows my meta? No. TD doesn't even have a reason and isn't pretending to have any real ones, which should point to my towniness in and of itself, and the rest is paranoid. My reasons for 2 and AJ lynch are very heavily documented. Varsoon was a lynch that I could have lurked through and been fine for, but hey, I was on it and I did it. I did it because you shot him and because the AJ townflip sort of rocked my world and I needed to recalibrate. You know how that works, you've been there before. I felt on top of the world after the 2 flip because I played pretty damn well during Day 1, and the 2 flip told me that I did something horribly, horribly wrong.

And finally, it makes no sense for me to leave you alive this long. Paranoia is a powerful, powerful thing especially when I KNOW you get paranoid of me in LyLo and I KNOW you're going to considering I just beat you as scum in LyLo, so fuck that.

all in all,
i'm tired of running
i'm tired of pussyfooting around
i've tried to defend the best i can from nothing
but after this, i'm done

Vote: TiphaineDeath
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:26 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 6.3

[2] TiphaineDeath (Metal Sonic, Nachomamma8)
[1] Metal Sonic (TiphaineDeath)

[2] Not Voting (Andrius, BROseidon)

With 5 alive, it is 3 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-11 23:00:00)

Everyone should be back from V/LA now.
beefycheese
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:46 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Spinach flipped town.

Whoever the last red-scum is they either thought spinach had them pegged or was the last blue scum.

If Spinach is town that means I should be defaulting to my original read on Nacho.

Me-Nacho-Andi Are the three remaining townies.

Metal Sonic and Bro are the scum. Honestly, it doesn't fucking matter what colors they are anymore.

Less than superb play by MS, I've known you're scum pretty much this whole game.

Amazing play by bro, who after this post will probably swoop in and finish me. I only got you by POE mate, much respect.

However here's the best part, here's the part that makes me laugh my fucking head off. My townflip means bro and MS have to shoot each other, town wins. The only, and I mean only reason, I am not self voting right now, is a lingering suspicion that I could have misread andi this whole game. The problem is that I can see a player as good as andi pulling this high level a gambit and pulling it well.

So I'm gonna keep my vote on MS, where it has been the whole time, and I'm still gonna try to actually lynch scum today. But you know what, unless andi is actually that scary level of amazing, I think we've got this one folks, gratz all around.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:55 am

Post by BROseidon »

Fuck it, I'm not going to have time to read through another 1.5k posts. Again. I was wrong on SAD but I think my TD/MS reads are still solid.

VOTE: TD
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:02 am

Post by Andrius »

Go, bid the soldiers shoot.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:15 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Yeah, that was unfortunately inevitable, didn't really see a way out, but had to try.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Andrius »

TD fought valiantly, TD fought nobly, TD fought honorably.
And TD died.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:32 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

<3

Credo-Supra-Veritate
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:12 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 6.4 (Final)

[3] TiphaineDeath (Metal Sonic, Nachomamma8, BROSeidon)

[1] Metal Sonic (TiphaineDeath)

[1] Not Voting (Andrius)

With 5 alive, it is 3 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-11 23:00:00)

A lynch has been reached! Scene incoming.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

~Sword Valley~
Around the same time

Fiora staggered ahead, eyes set on the abandoned encampment that was going to have to serve as shelter for the evening.

The last attack had taken her off guard, and if she’d reacted a split second later she knew she’d have been killed. Yet ever since her encounter with the enigmatic Meyneth, Fiora felt herself stronger, more agile, and able to exploit weaknesses in the rogue Mechon attackers she didn’t even know they had.

Fiora had often wondered whether Meyneth had chosen her specifically, or that any poor sap who had stumbled upon that memory core could be here in her place. Either way, Fiora’s thoughts seemed compatible enough with the alien presence that now resided within her, compelling her to trek to Mechonis and...

What, exactly? Fiora still did not know, only that she
had
to do this. Hopefully Meyneth, or the echo of her Fiora still possessed, would explain when she got there. She sighed. Fiora had long given up trying to rationalize her own behavior to herself, realizing that Meyneth’s desires, for all intents and purposes, were now her own.

A red light gleaming into her eyes jolted Fiora from any further introspection, and without thinking she ducked into a roll and positioned herself behind one of the sturdier metal outcroppings that littered the Mechonis landscape, and not a moment too soon. A burst of energy jetted toward where she had just been, rattling the steely ground near her.

She hazarded a peek. It was one of the floating seeker drones, not too powerful except at range. She’d run into dozens of them, but unfortunately, this one had a bit of distance on her. She would have to get fancy. Stifling a yawn -- despite her newfound powers, she still needed sleep -- she pulled her daggers from their sheaths. Close quarters combat was her specialty, and while she could launch the dagger at it, she wasn’t sure if she could trust her aim.

Fiora had just decided against that plan when the Mechon exploded of its own accord in front of her. A bit of shrapnel ricocheted off the nearby wall with a light *clang*.

“Need some help there, little lady?”

Her ears perked up; the voice had come from directly behind her. She spun around, and stared into the face of one of the last people she expected to see in the middle of this wasteland.

“Dickson? Dickson, is that you?! What are you doing here? How did you--”

“Hey now, “ the man, Dickson, attempted to quell Fiora’s confoundment, and closed the distance between the two, lowering his rifle as he did. “No need to get all riled up on my account. You weren’t too hard to find, after all.”

Fiora was taken aback by this admission. “You
followed
me? Why?”

Dickson shook his head. “Not exactly; the Nopon have been keeping tabs on you -- I just had to ask around. And I couldn’t let Dunban wake up and find out his little sister had gotten herself killed, now could I?”

Fiora didn’t say anything to that, and instead she waited for the question she knew was on the older man’s tongue.

He did not disappoint. “What the hell were you thinking, Fiora, coming all the way out here? Gonna take on the whole Mechon army by yourself?” He ran a hand through his hair.

“I finally caught up just a little bit ago, and not a moment too soon, from the look of it,” Dickson continued. He pierced her with his stare. “What are you trying to prove?”

She lowered her head. “I don’t know, Dickson. I just know that I have to do this.”

The man actually snorted. “Have to do what? Says who?”

Fiora didn’t know the answer to the former question, not yet, but she was certain that Meyneth would fill in the rest, eventually. She had to.

“I trust Meyneth,” was all Fiora said.

Fiora though she saw a look of shock briefly pass over Dickson’s face, but then it was gone. “Explain.” he finally said, a little more passively than his previous behest that Fiora abandon this mission entirely.

Fiora, however, couldn’t help herself, finally getting the opportunity to talk about this strange phenomenon afflicting her. “I found something, a while back, on one of the Mechon wreckage sites. I think it imprinted itself onto me.”

“...And what exactly did it...imprint?”

“It’s hard to explain,” she continued. “She was from Mechonis. Meyneth, I mean. But I’ve seen her memories, heard her desires. It’s almost like her entire personality lives on, inside of me.” Fiora had begun animatedly gesturing with her hands. “She wanted to stop the fighting, but I think she needed someone from Bionis to help her. I’m not sure if she’s truly alive, still, but I think she would approve of me being that someone.”

Dickson did not say anything to that, nor did it seem that anything was forthcoming. Fiora turned away. “I’ve made up my mind to continue, Dickson. You can come with me if you’d like, but I won’t let you talk me down.”

“I’m afraid it’s not that simple,” was the response, and Fiora was surprised by the hard edge Dickson’s tone had taken that she turned back around.

To find that the barrel of Dickson’s rifle was now pointed straight at her.

Her blood turned to ice, and she felt herself unable to move. “What?” was all she managed to say.

“It really breaks my heart to have to do this, kid,” Dickson stated flatly, the utter lack of emotion in his words not lost on Fiora. “But I can’t allow the Vessel of Meyneth return to Agniratha.”

“To...where? And you know Meyneth?”

Dickson unexpectedly smiled at this. “Your brother did not choose his friends very carefully. Mumkhar was a maniac with no loyalty to anyone except his own deluded self. And as for me, well, my own loyalties are a little more, shall we say, complicated.”

“Who is Meyneth, Dickson?!” Fiora all but shouted. Adrenaline flowed through her, and she was compelled to move to her right.

“The mother of Mechonis. The big boss, head honcho, you get the idea. We thought Dunban, bless his heart, had finished her off, but apparently she had a backup plan. And it’s time to tie up that loose end.”

He pulled the trigger, but Fiora was no longer there.

“She can’t save you forever,” Dickson sneered. He lined up another shot, but Fiora took to the air, vaulting off a large pile of metal debris close by. The shot went wide, and Dickson was momentarily thrown off balance.

In one fluid motion, Fiora flipped a dagger from her belt and launched it straight at her assailant’s neck, where it buried itself in soft flesh. A crimson spray shot from Dickson’s punctured vein as he dropped his weapon in pain and surprise. He quickly crumpled to the ground.

Fiora landed mere feet away and walked up to him, peering into his eyes, and finally saw Dickson for who he truly was.
Zanza’s most trusted disciple.

And then, as the tension faded, Meyneth’s presence in her mind receded. Who was Zanza? Why was Zanza so intent on destroying her?

Fiora sank to the ground as well. Dickson was dead, unable to impart a single word before the life had drained out of him. Dunban, if he ever recovered, would be heartbroken to know of his friend’s betrayal, but Fiora was content in the fact that his relief at her victory would trump that sentiment.

Fiora steeled herself to move onward. She wanted to be as far away from here as possible before she laid down to rest tonight.

TiphaineDeath,
Dickson, Bionis Aligned Encryptor,
was defeated by Fiora (Lynched) Day 6.

It is now Night 6. Actions due in (expired on 2013-07-10 15:00:00)
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

~Colony 9~
An undetermined amount of time later

“Seriously, what the hell.” said Shulk to no one in particular as he woke from his six month long power nap.

“Aren’t I supposed to be the goddamn protagonist? Where the fuck is everybody?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Take 2~

First Reyn, then Fiora: his two best friends had vanished without a trace. Dunban might never wake up again. Colony 9 had been attacked by Mechon. Reports were coming in that Colony 6 has suffered a yet worse attack themselves.

These events, along with a nagging feeling that he was just
missing something important
had brought Shulk to the weapons development lab in the heart of Colony 9, the same place where Dunban and the mysterious woman had come to blows not long ago.

It was here that the Monado, now under constant armed guard, still rested, unused since Dunban’s reckless actions that day.

And it was a simple matter to get himself alone in the room, waving the guard off with some technobabble about resonance tests that he’d made up on the spot.

Welcome, True Heir to the Monado.

Shulk did not flinch as he gripped hold of the sacred blade and was whisked off into the unknown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We’ve all been waiting for you, Shulk.”

[[NEXT TIME: THE THRILLING CONCLUSION TO:
STORY THAT I HOPE TO FUCK HAS SOME SEMBLANCE OF COHESION BY THE END OF IT
]]

Andrius,
Shulk, Colonist Aligned 3-Shot JOAT,
was ??? (Killed) Night 6.

Day 7 begins now.
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 7.0

[3] Not Voting (BROseidon, Metal Sonic, Nachomamma8)

With 3 alive, it is 2 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-24 22:30:00)
beefycheese
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by Andrius »

"I just want to live my life as a Homs, in a world...without...you!"
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Smh mafia, you know the td flip basically cleans me right?

Anyway guys cross ill reread tomorrow

also, what is a encrypter?

Prejudiced towards nacho ATM but will reread everyone for authentic
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:37 am

Post by BROseidon »

How does the TD flip clear you?

I'm actually biasing towards you right now, but yeah, going to to reread everything, especially because I didn't get to do it last day phase because fucking hell 1k+ posts.

Encryptor allows daytalk.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4264, Metal Sonic wrote:Smh mafia, you know the td flip basically cleans me right?
it clears you from being red mafia, yeah
but everyone's clear from being red mafia so that doesn't help much

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

It clears me. Because I wouldn't have shot gif, in xfire
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

lol i skipped computing lesson today

will read tomorrow during computing lesson #2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4267, Metal Sonic wrote:It clears me. Because I wouldn't have shot gif, in xfire
OK.

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

ok

cross and i'll read tomorrow etc
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm probably going to end up voting you.

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

then you must be scum
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

well i'm gonna let you guys catch up first and see how things strike me
i certainly won't vote when BRO has a promise to complete

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:50 am

Post by BROseidon »

Starting up my quad-ISO now. I'm at work so I probably won't be able to finish it in one sitting. I'll try to have it out by tonight.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”