Open 509: Friends and Enemies (Game Over)

ellabelle
ellabelle
Goon
ellabelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 am

Post by ellabelle »

In post 198, Thomas wrote:
I don't see why you shouldn't believe a mason claim in this setup. If someone fakeclaimed, all the real masons will know that and one could out them self to let everyone know. But in this situation two masons are outed, right? They both call each other mason buddy. If the true masons saw people doing that then they'd have two scum right there to lynch.
I have a really hard time buying that chesskid is a mason. Well, or eli for that matter. Both of their attitudes are not really contributing to progressing the game, which is what town, and especially known town, should be doing. We are supposed to be trying to weed out scum, no? I see somewhat of a fallacy in your argument that if the masons saw these two and knew that one or both of them weren't masons, that they would out themselves. What if they are simply biding time trying to stay alive so that they can continue scum hunting. PRs are high priority kills for scum, so it really could be self preservation on the mason's parts.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 189, ConfidAnon wrote:You requested that I make my information even more accessible while avoiding answering my question. Not scummy, just obnoxious. But seriously, why Nani?
Why
Nani
What?

I can't fucking answer your question because I understand what your question IS. Hey, Confid, why Satan? Why grass? Why parachuting?
In post 197, NicolBolas wrote:
In post 196, Gnomeo wrote:Whiskers, why do you not believe the mason claim?
this please

also, mantis, unvoting to prevent hammer for what purpose? You do believe he is scum, right? Also, your unvote is unnecessary I think. if there was an quick hammer, there would be a quicklynch the next day... so.
He may believe there is scum, but other people on the wagon (Nani, for instance, who claims to be voting for pressure) don't.
Also, with the way this town is playing, I'm not so sure that there
would
be a quicklynch-- or, probably more insulting, the way this town is playing, if there was a quickhammer, they would certainly be town.

I don't fucking believe the Mason claim because there's no reason to make it; because a VT or Goon has lots of great reasons to claim Mason; because a Mason claiming Mason on page two "hurts town"; because ellibereth has decided to be so fucking useless that I'm inclined to disbelieve anything it says.
Enough reasons for you? More reasons than you have for wanting to lynch Thomas. Three more reasons, in fact.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 200, ellabelle wrote:
I don't see why you shouldn't believe a mason claim in this setup. If someone fakeclaimed, all the real masons will know that and one could out them self to let everyone know. But in this situation two masons are outed, right? They both call each other mason buddy. If the true masons saw people doing that then they'd have two scum right there to lynch.
I have a really hard time buying that chesskid is a mason. Well, or eli for that matter. Both of their attitudes are not really contributing to progressing the game, which is what town, and especially known town, should be doing. We are supposed to be trying to weed out scum, no? I see somewhat of a fallacy in your argument that if the masons saw these two and knew that one or both of them weren't masons, that they would out themselves. What if they are simply biding time trying to stay alive so that they can continue scum hunting. PRs are high priority kills for scum, so it really could be self preservation on the mason's parts.
Also, this. Masons aren't fucking stupid enough to out themselves Day 1, not to push on some fakeclaiming masons. Especially when VTs have an incentive to fakeclaim mason just as much as scum do-- in fact, probably more than scum do.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Sorry I haven't been following this game much but did two masons seriously out? Or was that a joke and people are taking this way too seriously
Thomas wrote: Mantis - Town. Voted me when I was making useless posts

I might be a mislynch target right now for scum but I'm sure there's some pro-town players voting me as well and that means they're doing their job. I already typed above that I have a town read on you, partly for coming after me but also other things and also partly just a gut feeling.
I think this post (182) is actually quite townie from Thomas, seems like newbtown admitting that he wasn't the greatest contributor and having a genuine townread on someone for their manner of fosing. This is generally a very town mindset. He's been reacting fairly well under pressure IMO, and I think the case on him is shallow. I wouldn't recommend a Thomas lynch today
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Nani »

In post 200, ellabelle wrote:
Why did you not take into account the fact that they could be scum?
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Nani »

In post 185, NicolBolas wrote:Thomas- Why promise content and come up with pretty much nothing? And you are "upgrading" the rvs vote to a serious vote for what? Incentive to post? InnocentDreams has more content than you, so i dont get it. There must be somebody who looks scummy to you.

Mantis- Its not cherry picking. Fencesitting to me is scummy, and i call it out every time i see it. I have to admit, your last few posts look much better.
unvote

I need to think on this.
Nicol Bolas why attack Thomas for not coming up with pretty much nothing and then come up with pretty much nothing?
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Nani »

In post 203, innocentvillager wrote:Sorry I haven't been following this game much but did two masons seriously out? Or was that a joke and people are taking this way too seriously
Thomas wrote: Mantis - Town. Voted me when I was making useless posts

I might be a mislynch target right now for scum but I'm sure there's some pro-town players voting me as well and that means they're doing their job. I already typed above that I have a town read on you, partly for coming after me but also other things and also partly just a gut feeling.
I think this post (182) is actually quite townie from Thomas, seems like newbtown admitting that he wasn't the greatest contributor and having a genuine townread on someone for their manner of fosing. This is generally a very town mindset. He's been reacting fairly well under pressure IMO, and I think the case on him is shallow. I wouldn't recommend a Thomas lynch today
Whom lynch would you recommend?
Nani
Nani
Goon
Nani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by Nani »

In post 183, Thomas wrote:Now it would make sense for me to vote someone else right now but to be honest, nobody really comes up right away in my head as someone to vote. I have town reads but everyone else not mentioned above is just null. I think I'll just declare my RVS vote on innocentvillager as a serious vote for a little more motivation to post. Kind of like what happened to me.
Ftr and so Whiskers can stop misrepresenting and shitting, now my vote on Thomas is not for pressure and it's more like fence sitting scum.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 197, NicolBolas wrote:
In post 196, Gnomeo wrote:Whiskers, why do you not believe the mason claim?
this please

also, mantis, unvoting to prevent hammer for what purpose? You do believe he is scum, right? Also, your unvote is unnecessary I think. if there was an quick hammer, there would be a quicklynch the next day... so.
mostly because i didn't want the day to end.
also i'm not sure he's scum... actually post 198 where thomas says he honestly doesn't have scum reads, doesn't seem so bad.
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by BS2000 »

Oh shit stuffs happening, lemme read
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by BS2000 »

Without any kind of counter-claim, I have to believe eli and chesskid are masons. If they were scum, couldn't 1 true mason claim w/o giving scum easy targets? Gonna re-read thomas posts now.
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by BS2000 »

UNVOTE: thomas

Don't think he's scum anymore. I think my reasoning was his lurkiness, but he's posted good content since. The only thing I could say is that he isn't committing to a vote. I'm gonna re-read others right now.
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by BS2000 »

Whiskers I'm leaning town
Nani is null, some good some not so good
Gnomeo is interesting, whoever said sparse but helpful was on the nose. I'm gonna say town right now tho.

Gonna dig some more.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 203, innocentvillager wrote: I think this post (182) is actually quite townie from Thomas, seems like newbtown admitting that he wasn't the greatest contributor and having a genuine townread on someone for their manner of fosing. This is generally a very town mindset. He's been reacting fairly well under pressure IMO, and I think the case on him is shallow. I wouldn't recommend a Thomas lynch today
That's great, unless Thomas is not a complete newbie, in which case that "townread" could very well have been put on to make you say, "ah, that's a very town move". I know, I've done it before.
Also, good scum would react well under pressure, no?

In post 204, Nani wrote: Why did you not take into account the fact that they could be scum?
She did take it into account, she just didn't mention it explicitly. Just like she didn't mentin explicitly the fact that they could be VTs. All ellabelle said was "I don't belieive they're masons".

This really makes you look dumb, imo. It doesn't look like you're misrepping, it looks like you just completely failed at comprehending what you read.

In post 207, Nani wrote: Ftr and so Whiskers can stop misrepresenting and shitting, now my vote on Thomas is not for pressure and it's more like fence sitting scum.
Uh, learn what "misrepping" means, because now you're misrepping me. I wasn't misrepping you-- that really
was
your explanation for the Thomas vote.
And, even if your vote is to lynch now, then you (plural) still only have one reason to lynch Thomas, that I've heard.
In post 210, BS2000 wrote:Without any kind of counter-claim, I have to believe eli and chesskid are masons. If they were scum, couldn't 1 true mason claim w/o giving scum easy targets? Gonna re-read thomas posts now.
No.
1: That would still give scum an easy target: the new mason.
2: Nobody would fucking believe. At least chesskid and elliebereth will back each other up. Like, if I stood up right and claimed mason, how many people do you think would follow me, vs TWO claimed masons? Maybe I'm scum attempting a gambit?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 212, BS2000 wrote: Gnomeo is interesting, whoever said sparse but helpful was on the nose. I'm gonna say town right now tho.
Yes and that is the purest description of perfect scum play.

Gnomeo, I really, really want to like you but the "sparse but helpful" thing is freaking me out. Active lurking, but saying what everyone is thinking (more concisely, I might add) is really, really safe play and makes you look like scum, to me.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

dem scum coming out of the woodwork to save their buddy
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Thomas »

In post 200, ellabelle wrote:I have a really hard time buying that chesskid is a mason. Well, or eli for that matter. Both of their attitudes are not really contributing to progressing the game, which is what town, and especially known town, should be doing. We are supposed to be trying to weed out scum, no? I see somewhat of a fallacy in your argument that if the masons saw these two and knew that one or both of them weren't masons, that they would out themselves. What if they are simply biding time trying to stay alive so that they can continue scum hunting. PRs are high priority kills for scum, so it really could be self preservation on the mason's parts.
I have a feeling that's just how they play. Do you view them on the opposite side of the spectrum as scum? Do you think they're VTs and are just playing along with each other? I don't agree with everything chesskid does but that doesn't make him scum and it's how some people play - as town. But if you dodn't think either of the claimed masons are scum right now then this probably isn't the best time for this discussion because deadline is getting closer.
In post 202, Whiskers wrote:Also, this. Masons aren't fucking stupid enough to out themselves Day 1, not to push on some fakeclaiming masons. Especially when VTs have an incentive to fakeclaim mason just as much as scum do-- in fact, probably more than scum do.
I gotta admit, I was surprised to see two masons claimed on page two. But now that you guys have this discussion, I almost feel like you guys are the real masons trying to get people to realize the claims on page two were fake without outing yourself but I might be over-thinking this and it's a distraction from scum hunting, anyway. Actually I'm really confused about this mason stuff now.
In post 207, Nani wrote:
In post 183, Thomas wrote:Now it would make sense for me to vote someone else right now but to be honest, nobody really comes up right away in my head as someone to vote. I have town reads but everyone else not mentioned above is just null. I think I'll just declare my RVS vote on innocentvillager as a serious vote for a little more motivation to post. Kind of like what happened to me.
Ftr and so Whiskers can stop misrepresenting and shitting, now my vote on Thomas is not for pressure and it's more like fence sitting scum.
Where's the misrepping? I don't know why you had to quote my post to say this, by the way.
Gnomeo
Gnomeo
Goon
Gnomeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Gnomeo »

Whiskers wrote:Also, this. Masons aren't fucking stupid enough to out themselves Day 1, not to push on some fakeclaiming masons. Especially when VTs have an incentive to fakeclaim mason just as much as scum do-- in fact, probably more than scum do.
Ellabelle wrote:I have a really hard time buying that chesskid is a mason. Well, or eli for that matter. Both of their attitudes are not really contributing to progressing the game, which is what town, and especially known town, should be doing. We are supposed to be trying to weed out scum, no? I see somewhat of a fallacy in your argument that if the masons saw these two and knew that one or both of them weren't masons, that they would out themselves. What if they are simply biding time trying to stay alive so that they can continue scum hunting. PRs are high priority kills for scum, so it really could be self preservation on the mason's parts.
If they were lying, the real masons would have counterclaimed and we would have gotten 2 easy lynches. There are no reasons for the masons not to claim if it meant catching 2 scum.
Whiskers wrote:Gnomeo, I really, really want to like you but the "sparse but helpful" thing is freaking me out. Active lurking, but saying what everyone is thinking (more concisely, I might add) is really, really safe play and makes you look like scum, to me.
Well it's not so much active lurking than just a lack of time at the moment. I disagree on saying what everyone is thinking. I make up my own mind and share my reads how they come. If that makes you think I'm scum, that's fine, but don't go inventing reasons to make me look bad. The majority of your posts make me think you're town though. But the Mason thing has made me doubt you. However, I still feel good about my current vote so keep going.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Ellibereth »

busy few days with stuff
catch up later today
FLASH OF GREEN
ellabelle
ellabelle
Goon
ellabelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:33 am

Post by ellabelle »

In post 214, Whiskers wrote:
In post 212, BS2000 wrote: Gnomeo is interesting, whoever said sparse but helpful was on the nose. I'm gonna say town right now tho.
Yes and that is the purest description of perfect scum play.

Gnomeo, I really, really want to like you but the "sparse but helpful" thing is freaking me out. Active lurking, but saying what everyone is thinking (more concisely, I might add) is really, really safe play and makes you look like scum, to me.
It's also a good description of a pro VT. People do get busy ya know. I am okay if someone is sparse, as long as they are progressing the game. Until Gnomeo is one of the last 4 or so standing, I don't think there is much of a reason to think he is not town, especially not with the level of jackassery of so many in this game.
NicolBolas
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
NicolBolas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by NicolBolas »

Hm.

Elliberth/Chesskid mason claim- I don't see a reason to doubt the claim. It'd be a profoundly stupid move if scum ever claimed mason, so...

Nani- He promised content, and ended up calling the masons town and pracitally everyone null. How is that content? But yes, you're right, i have not been giving much content so far...

I'm not sure what to think. this mason talk is confusing me a bit.
This is Klazam's old account.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 168, Mantisdreamz wrote:also
In post 142, chesskid3 wrote:I'm a tomato
err... :P
dem proddodges
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

wens deadline
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by Plessiez »

ConfidAnon and NicCage are being prodded.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Plessiez »

Vote Count 1.9

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is
18th July, 3:20 EST
. That's
(expired on 2013-07-18 03:20:27)

13 players remain: BS2000, chesskid3, ConfidAnon, ellabelle, Ellibereth, Gnomeo, innocentvillager, Mantisdreamz, Nani, NicCage, NicolBolas, Thomas, Whiskers
Thomas
[4 votes] (ConfidAnon, Nani, chesskid3, Ellibereth)
Nani
[3 votes] (ellabelle, Gnomeo, Whiskers)
NicCage
[1 vote] (innocentvillager)
innocentvillager
[1 vote] (Thomas)
chesskid3
[1 vote] (NicCage)

3 players are not voting
: {BS2000, Mantisdreamz, NicolBolas}
With
alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Return to “Completed Open Games”