Newbie 1378 - Game Over! (Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

If I have to listen to a mastin wall then RC should have to listen to one too :P
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

LOL
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:59 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 875, uctriton00 wrote:If I have to listen to a mastin wall then RC should have to listen to one too :P
For the record, I could try, but generally, when it's clear that I'm talking to a wall, it's wasted effort. I can help a player improve, but for me to help, they have to
want
to improve. And I got the distinct impression that Radiant was as clear as day about rejecting my feedback. I was like that for a time, too, and in Radiant's case, the best teaching will be experience, as it was with me.

When I was in my MS youth back in early 2009, I carried with me a similar "screw you guys, I'll do things my way" attitude. I received multiple warnings from people about the path I was going down, even from some people who had been down that same path, and was told, bluntly, by them, "Mastin, I know you don't believe me, but the path you're walking is not a good one. I've been there, and it's not a good place to be." But, in my arrogance, I refused to listen, shrugged it off, and their words of wisdom were lost on me.

It was only through experiencing the horror of my actions repeatedly that I learned to repent. And if Radiant's like that, only Radiant can help Radiant. The best teacher of all is that harsh experience, and as the backlash against Radiant builds, Radiant will see where things went wrong. And then.
Then
I can teach Radiant. But again, for me to teach, I need to be speaking to someone who is listening, and Radiant is not.

Right now, Radiant is arrogantly assuming it's the town's fault for mislynching him. But the town is made up of a majority, and he is a single player. I strongly advocate for a 50/50 spread in blame, regardless of how true or how not-true that number is, just for the sake of admitting that it's not entirely their fault nor your fault, and that BOTH involved could do better. But again, that lesson falling on deaf ears is not worth giving.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mattel
mattel
Townie
mattel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by mattel »

Thanks for your input for me early in the game mastin. You really did save me from quitting.

Cheers
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”