Venrob (5) - Amrun, waynegg, Spaceman Spiff, Miss Subliminal, Monkeyman576
Miss Subliminal (2) - ToastyToast, Robert2424
Gollum (1) - alienBRO
Waynegg (1) - Gollum
Spaceman Spiff (1) - Venrob

Not Voting: TwinFlames, Mattel, Maverick_Alpha, Who, DeathNote

Eight to lynch
(expired on 2013-07-30 12:09:27)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 am

Post by Venrob »

Quick town win mode: i want the game to end quick so i can run my large theme, i am town so i want town win. Quick is for out-of-game reasons, town wins is cuz i am town.
I'm back!
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:10 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 101, Venrob wrote:Quick town win mode: i want the game to end quick so i can run my large theme, i am town so i want town win. Quick is for out-of-game reasons, town wins is cuz i am town.
Can you squeeze "town" in there a couple more times please? Can't read your intent without it...
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:27 am

Post by waynegg »

A cliff notes of the lore.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Basically, Sauron made the One Ring to control man, elf, dwarf. As long as the One Ring exists, so does Sauron. The fellowship's quest, and more specifically Frodo's, was to destroy the ring, ridding the land of Sauron once and for all. In the absence of the Ring, Sauron feels it. When the ring is used, he can see who's using it. Sauron tasks the Wraith Lord and his wraiths to recover the Ring for him with Orcs as their infantry. While the One Ring is all powerful, it corrupts all who possess it so keeping it isn't really an option (see poor Smagle of the Stoors when he came into its possession).

Not sure how all this applies to this game, as I try not to be too wrapped up in flavor. It wouldn't surprise me if Sauron could see who uses it though since it can be passed around, so it's probably a good idea to pass it after using it to keep the easy victory from Sauron. To that end, townhunting will possibly be of even more importance than usual.

That should help anyone who doesn't understand the flavor here. If you need a shorter version, just watch Clerks II.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:28 am

Post by Venrob »

ok, town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town town

PEDIT: nice flavor tutorial, TY!
I'm back!
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 am

Post by waynegg »

Lol! *Smeagle
Like LEGO minifigs?
mattel
mattel
Townie
mattel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 am

Post by mattel »

Sorry guys and gals I had no idea this started. Will get thru the posts after work tonight
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:30 am

Post by DeathNote »

Oh derp. Didn't know this had started.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:31 am

Post by DeathNote »

Reading, will post later today.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:03 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 10, waynegg wrote:Compulsory question

Sauron is destroyed, the one ring somehow survives, and you end up with it. What do you choose to do with it and what would you hope to accomplish by doing so?
I fail to see how this is helpful at all. Are you being serious with this or are you just flat out asking if people are town?
In post 15, waynegg wrote:I'd have to get paid first. I'd have my lady pawn it. Then I'd go back later and try it on(which would freak the clerk out as I disappeared) and walk out when someone opened the door. Rinse and repeat several time, then retire to Cozumel or some other place where I could give a fuck.

pedit yeah, I know the lore. It's a work of fiction.
Ok so you weren't really being serious with it since your answer wasn't related to the game at all.
In post 20, waynegg wrote:Moar answerz plz.
Err... so I was wrong again and you are serious. Ok. I would destroy the ring cause I am town. Now why didn't you say destroy the ring?
In post 31, Amrun wrote:I don't meta without reason.

And RVS is quite different from voting for openly shoddy reasoning. It's not even something that's a LITTLE bit scummy to try and get us out of RVS. You're staying in RVS, but giving bullshit reasons to look like you're being productive.

VOTE: Venrob
Awesome vote with spot on reasons. Wtf was with the meta me and find out? Can't believe people try to clear themselves with meta not to mention this early in the damn game.
In post 57, Venrob wrote:EBWOP: forgot to mention, i want night too kinda... Then again that's because i hate daystart games. Until i came to mafiascum everywhere i went the standard was night start!
You do know that days are meant for town and nights for scum right? I dont care what super duper power role you have as town, you might be the only one.
In post 62, Venrob wrote:NO YOU ARE ON TO MY SECRETLY BEIN A JESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡←→↑↓↑→←↑√@§¶†‡|¦–—®©™¥£€¢$¤<>+-×÷=±∞^ˇ˘˙¸˛˜′″µ°¹²³♭♪•…¬¯%‰¼½¾⇒⇔●◆■▲▼☆★♀♂.,·'_‘’‚‛:;¨`\/ƒºª«»()[]{}*‹›"“”„~&#?!!!!!!!!
I am calling bullshit on that. The win conditions have three possible options. Third parties can probably only win with this option:

You win if all the forces of Sauron are destroyed and you have the one ring.

Oh... and I skimmed Subliminal catch up post with all it's quotations but noticed at the end... she didn't vote? Seemed like you had reads and you pushed against certain people but you didn't vote. Odd. What are you waiting for?

Vote: Venrob
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Venrob »

Okay, 62 was the biggest joke in the universe that soared over your head..
10 wasnt talking about in this game, was talking about if LOTR was real. It isnt just this game, ya know: its a book trilogy and everything!

Nights give scum a kill, which gives us INFO. Day start is a blind day, where town kills itself. Not town, but scum. Daystart and nightstart are both scum. Nightstart, we get INFO.

I wasnt clearing myself with meta, was saying 'meta me before it is too late' because in lategame everyone REFUSES to meta, which causes trainwreck townlose if i am alive lategame. And possible even if im not.....

And i must say again, wayneggs was not talking about in the game.
I'm back!
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:12 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 110, Venrob wrote:Nights give scum a kill, which gives us INFO. Day start is a blind day, where town kills itself. Not town, but scum. Daystart and nightstart are both scum. Nightstart, we get INFO.
This is blatantly false. Town lynches scum day 1 at an above-expected rate if it were random.

-Bro
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:13 am

Post by DeathNote »

Then why did you push people to answer your RQS when it doesn't really do anything to help us in game.

Both a night kill and a day kill gives info. The big difference between them is that town decide the lynch, not mafia. So I always prefer day starts as opposed to mafia getting a free kill on town.

If someone wants to meta, that's their prerogative. You asking people to meta you, just appears scummy to me.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:13 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 70, Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm buddying his question because I like it very much. I do not think it was random.
What about the question is not random to you?

-Bro
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:18 am

Post by Gollum »

In post 112, DeathNote wrote: Both a night kill and a day kill gives info. The big difference between them is that town decide the lynch, not mafia.
This is not exactly true as scum DO influence the lynch.
Miss Subliminal
Miss Subliminal
Goon
Miss Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Miss Subliminal »

In post 98, waynegg wrote:
In post 82, Robert2424 wrote:I'd state my reasons, but I don't want somebody to see them. very simple
So, it's a
subliminal
message?
You called?
In post 101, Venrob wrote:Quick town win mode: i want the game to end quick so i can run my large theme, i am town so i want town win. Quick is for out-of-game reasons, town wins is cuz i am town.
Okay problems with this.
1) There is no "quick town win mode" that doesn't involve scumhunting and generally doing what you're not.
2) You playing on a Large Theme doesn't magically allow you to run a LTgame if I understand the queue correctly.
3) We're not going to rush through this game just so you can mod a game. There is nothing wrong with waiting when impatient people who want to rush the queue are on the line.
waynegg wrote: Not sure how all this applies to this game, as I try not to be too wrapped up in flavor. It wouldn't surprise me if Sauron could see who uses it though since it can be passed around, so it's probably a good idea to pass it after using it to keep the easy victory from Sauron. To that end, townhunting will possibly be of even more importance than usual.
tl;dr - If you receive The One Ring destroy it immediately. It removes an entire WinCon from the game by doing so.

p.s. When the time comes for a lynch we need to organize a designated Hammer wielder to avoid letting someone come in an hammer in the hopes of getting the treasure.
DeathNote wrote:Oh... and I skimmed Subliminal catch up post with all it's quotations but noticed at the end... she didn't vote? Seemed like you had reads and you pushed against certain people but you didn't vote. Odd. What are you waiting for?
No we voted- we're voting Venrob, just like you.
Venrob wrote:Nights give scum a kill, which gives us INFO. Day start is a blind day, where town kills itself. Not town, but scum. Daystart and nightstart are both scum. Nightstart, we get INFO.
There is plenty of info to be gained while we're here.
For starters there are idiots like you who claim prematurely so that's something we wouldn't have gotten if we did NightStart. (Sorry but there was NO REASON FOR THAT CLAIM.)

-Miss ;D

predits:
aleinBRO wrote:This is blatantly false. Town lynches scum day 1 at an above-expected rate if it were random.

-Bro
Did not know. Given scum are still a minority I'm not sure how exacty we lynch them more often RANDOMLY.
DN wrote:You asking people to meta you, just appears scummy to me.
This.
Well, that's a really good point you made
you single?
there, and I'm going to give it a good mulling over
I'm lonely
. In the meantime,
lynch Magua
let's talk about something else
hot sex
. How about
come Doc me
that latest sporting event
hot sex
. Man! They sure
what's your number?
played really well!
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:24 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 115, Miss Subliminal wrote:Did not know. Given scum are still a minority I'm not sure how exacty we lynch them more often RANDOMLY.
Read this.

Unless more than 29% of players are scum, it means that town lynches scum more often than expected statistically on day 1, which implies that scumhunting on day 1 works. A lot of players argue that day 1 is the most important day.

-Bro
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:30 am

Post by waynegg »

May e because I prefaced it with SAURON IS DEAD AND GONE. He'll, maybe Gandolf had some shit go down during his transition from the Balrog fight to rebirth as white that he found a way and bewitched it. You were supposed to consider the fact that Sauron no longer existed and then say what you would do with its power. It's nothing to do with the game (goddamn I need to get some crab spray. It's becoming an outbreak), more what you, personally, would do with the power it bestows if there were no drawbacks. Alas, it seems there Guf of folks with no imagination.

My intentions with the question are mine, and mine alone for now. You want what I'm playing at, I want answers. That's 3 dull do what the book tells me to do answers and one imaginative one.

On that note, Mara I think it would go great with a light, wispy, flowing gown with a low back hem and some cute strappy sandals. Either that or perhaps something forged and articulated with spikes and full grieves... Whichever.

Too many pedits. Addressing them one at a time, if needed
Like LEGO minifigs?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:30 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 114, Gollum wrote:
In post 112, DeathNote wrote: Both a night kill and a day kill gives info. The big difference between them is that town decide the lynch, not mafia.
This is not exactly true as scum DO influence the lynch.
right but to the alternative of scum solely deciding a lynch?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:31 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 112, DeathNote wrote:Then why did you push people to answer your RQS when it doesn't really do anything to help us in game.
What happens when you assume?
Like LEGO minifigs?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 119, waynegg wrote:
In post 112, DeathNote wrote:Then why did you push people to answer your RQS when it doesn't really do anything to help us in game.
Who's assuming?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:45 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 115, Miss Subliminal wrote:tl;dr - If you receive The One Ring destroy it immediately. It removes an entire WinCon from the game by doing so.
Pretty sure the cop could be popcorned a few times before its destroyed. I don't like cutting my nose off to spite my face. The ring has to be destroyed ~and~ all Sauron forces eliminated to pull the town win. Pretty sure a traveling cop would help in that endeavor.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:48 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 120, DeathNote wrote:
In post 119, waynegg wrote:
Who's assuming?
Well, you're the one saying my question "doesn't really do anything to help us in game.", when in fact you have no clue what it will or won't do. I'm pretty sure that's assume, defined.
Like LEGO minifigs?
Venrob
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Venrob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Venrob »

I meet all requiremenst for modding a large theme, except being familiar with them already. I have modded an open and a mini theme, so i meet that requirement. The setup is ready, waiting on a reviewer. Once this game is played i meet familiarity requirement, reviewer will be hopefully done by the time this game is over. Then i meet every requirement. It does not magically lwet me mod one, it is the last step in a process of letting me mod one. Athankyou

PEDIT: GTG, will comment on the new posts later
I'm back!
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Hate to say it, as I really don't like early lynches, but Venrob's erratic behavior recently does not appear pro-town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”