Mini 1475: War in the Middle East Mafia (Game Over)

Your Troubles Will Cease
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Your Troubles Will Cease »

In post 474, T S O wrote:usually if you're trying to find something out by asking a specific question, you don't advertise that you're doing it.
It's not the question.

Your Troubles Will Cease (4): waynegg, killerjester, BROseidon, Marquis
Baezu (4): rhyx, Salt n Pepper, Titus
waynegg (1): T S O
Titus (2): Baezu, Your Troubles Will Cease
Not Voting: Ten_Heavens

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 5th at 9 PM Eastern Time.
Last edited by Majiffy on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
hur hur hur
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:25 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 470, Salt n Pepper wrote:You guys do know that Majiffy advertised this game as possibly bastard right, yep my vote stays.

Killerjester, first yes it feels weird he said that but usually scum would...
You say usual. How usual is it for the game day to end before properly getting out of RVS and before half the player base had even posted? And you aren't taking that into consideration when saying what scum usually would or wouldn't do, are you?
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:39 am

Post by T S O »

Alternatively, you're fucking with us by banking on the fact we don't think scum would do that.

But it's all WIFOM, unfortunately.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Titus »

@YTWC, no. That's why I asked the mod if he made a mistake. I received no notification of stump status yet my vote might not have counted. I figured it best to clear things up.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:03 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 477, T S O wrote:Alternatively, you're fucking with us by banking on the fact we don't think scum would do that.

But it's all WIFOM, unfortunately.
And your vote indicates you would rather vote your self conceived wifom than one of the two cases out there. Why is that?
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:22 am

Post by T S O »

it's not really self-conceived.

but even in the event I suspected you enough to pull a wagon on you, I wouldn't be able to today. I'm deciding which one of the cases I find more appealing before I vote.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Majiffy »

Count the names don't trust the numbers. I forget to change the numbers frequently.

VC is up.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:01 am

Post by waynegg »

Anyone interested in another theory?
Like LEGO minifigs?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:18 am

Post by T S O »

Why not, let's hear it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 482, waynegg wrote:Anyone interested in another theory?
If a theory isn't made up and full of bullshit, don't bother asking just post your theory. If it's wrong, we'll let you know.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 481, Majiffy wrote:
Count the names don't trust the numbers. I forget to change the numbers frequently.

VC is up.
So this is an explicit statement that each name counts as one vote, and that the numbers are irrelevant?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 485, BROseidon wrote:

VC is up.
So this is an explicit statement that each name counts as one vote, and that the numbers are irrelevant?
Correct.

The numbers are
supposed
to correspond to how many votes are on the wagon, but sometimes I forget to change them.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:19 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

In post 486, Majiffy wrote:

VC is up.
Correct.

The numbers are
supposed
to correspond to how many votes are on the wagon, but sometimes I forget to change them.
And you are not able to edit out the mistakes mr moderator?
"Why are tigers strong?..."
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:14 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

On Baezu's mason-claim case I can say that I've never encountered a player claiming this early without being prompted. It was out of the blue and the reason was that her alleged mason partner (purpkin) told her to do so. So Baezu did they ever give you a reason on why you should claim if they'd died? And why so specific? Was purpkin going to claim had you died instead of them?
In post 387, Baezu wrote: I have never played in a game with a partner so I didn't know what the protocol was. I also don't feel comfortable claiming so early in a game but like I said, it's my birthday today and I feel like it can only help town to have more information. So you're welcome scum - I'm conftown!
On the above statements, you claimed that you had never played a game with a partner, so you have never played as the mafioso? But you have and you'd told us that earlier. Wouldn't it be quite a similar experience as if you're playing like masons? This statement conveys the notion that you're trying to justify your actions on your noobness aka inexperience.

Then next sentence you're clearly making a contradiction; you don't really want to claim but you know what, it's your birthday, so YOLO right? This actions defies logical sense even to yourself.

And finally your ending statement; it sounded like you're addressing the mafioso. As if they were the ones who put you in this situation and made you claim. But actually you were really not in any real danger at all, this claim actually seems like a pre-emptive strike to ward off any lynches against you. Baezu you said you wanted to give the town more information but all you did is present us with confusion. Like everyone said this is an indisputable claim and we can't do much with it. It doesn't confirm you're town at all.

The main point I'm baffled with is that you gave off the notion that you'd never actually thought of the consequences of you actions in claiming; like what would the town reaction be or how would this help town find scum?. You just wanted to get it out there, here's my claim, thank you very much, you're welcome.

I want to hear a response from you. Also one more point:
In post 80, Baezu wrote:My answer seems overly naive
This is quite clever, did you thought it up yourself?
"Why are tigers strong?..."
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:53 am

Post by T S O »

Did you have a QT with Purpkin?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 am

Post by waynegg »

Lol! No more theories. Scum like to have stuff to argue about to discredit townies. Just a reaction test to see who would be interested. Looks like just TSO.
Like LEGO minifigs?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:01 am

Post by T S O »

FUCK YOU WAYNE

HOPES RAISED, THEN CRUSHED.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Marquis »

that makes no sense because if I was here I'd have wanted to see you talk more about people. talking is good
link in bio
ryhx
ryhx
Goon
ryhx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:28 am

Post by ryhx »

In post 446, killerjester wrote:You aren't just lying about one person's role as a fakeclaim mason, you're lying about two. That's two chances to get caught by something like a rolecop investigation, two chances to get vigged off, and god forbid there are
real
masons in the game those are two townies you've confirmed yourself as scum to. Hell, it's not at all unlikely for a coroner to be in a partial-reveal in this game. I'm not trying to say any of these circumstances are true for this game, just that there are too many unaccounted variables for scum to claim mason in this manner.
I think it's less risky then that. Since one person is dead, its only one chance. I've read a 13p game with 2 mason teams before and with bastard, it seems plausible. Rolecop? She could be investigation immune. Or the whole thing could be bait for investigative PRs.

Ten_Heavens has brought up good points on Baezu's claim. I especially agree with the bit about Bae claiming 'conftown' when in fact nothing can be verified with her supposed partner dead. It seems to be added to distract town from the fact and assert her town claim.
In post 414, Baezu wrote: Again why do people always think I'm scum in my town games? And they never think I'm scum in my scum games.
The way she keeps trying to push her convenient 'meta' is bad. It's not even a solid reason like 'I do XX as town player and people think I'm scummy for it, but I'm not' but an utterly convenient general statement of 'You guys think I'm scum therefore I'm not scum'

Lastly, the illegible phone post is just :facepalm: Even if you are pissed off, you can and will still spend the minute to select the correct spelling and make the damn post readable. Hardly effective to rebut or lash out if no one can understand you. It's contrived frustration.
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

In post 492, Marquis wrote:that makes no sense because if I was here I'd have wanted to see you talk more about people. talking is good
Then why don't you talk more :/

- pi
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 487, Ten_Heavens wrote:
In post 486, Majiffy wrote:

VC is up.
Correct.

The numbers are
supposed
And you are not able to edit out the mistakes mr moderator?
I think you're misunderstanding the definition of "forget".

||
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:29 am

Post by T S O »

Majiffy, who do you think is scum right now?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 492, Marquis wrote:that makes no sense because if I was here I'd have wanted to see you talk more about people. talking is good
Pretty sure I've done my fair share of that already :P

pedit~ forget="medicated" :lol:
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 496, T S O wrote:Majiffy, who do you think is scum right now?
Just=high
Like LEGO minifigs?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 496, T S O wrote:Majiffy, who do you think is scum right now?
When consulting everyone to find scum, you are not required to consult the host.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”