Mini 1476: Dewey Decimal Mafia (Game Over)

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:12 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I have caught you in a lie, maybe not a HUGE lie but one nontheless. and proably more than 1 actually.

Please explain how you say you didn't vote tip when he was a town read, when your vote on him came only 14 minutes after calling him a town read.

And I did iso you and flay together, and if you agreed with him it was for some insignificant issue that didn't stand out.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Amrun »

Because the conversation I had with tip made him scummy, which I, y'know, stated explicitly. I don't understand how you can fail that hard at reading.

Times I have lied this game: 0
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:25 am

Post by saulres »

In our last vote count, we saw how Melvil Dewey helped women attain jobs. Did that make him a good person? The site http://bitchmagazine.org/post/from-the- ... ians-women doesn't think so. It says that "a major reason Dewey wanted women to enter the field was because he felt women were ideal for the repetitiveness of library work and “didn‘t cause trouble.”" According to them and their sources, "he had sexually harassed women at ALA conferences." They conclude "Melvil Dewey does not deserve credit as any kind of advocate for women’s rights or professional advancement. And his contributions to the profession of librarianship in no way cancel out his sleaziness and sexism."

This bears further investigation into his character, don't you think? We'll explore that in our next vote count.

Vote Count 1.10

L-4 spicer1209 -Amrun, Mr. Flay
L-4 Ingrid - TheIrishPope, Darox
L-5 Jake from State Farm
repl. mozamis
- notscience
L-5 Kid A - Jake from State Farm
repl. mozamis

L-5 TheIrishPope - Ingrid
L-5 Mr. Flay - Kid A
L-5 gorckat - spicer1209
L-5 notscience - gorckat
L-6 Amrun -
L-6 Darox -

Not voting:

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-08-05 22:23:44)
Last edited by saulres on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 am

Flay called you town before you hinted he was town, not the other way around - lie 1

You say you didn't vote tip when he was a town read but 14 minutes after calling him town you vote him - lie 2

Possible lies

Saying you explained your town read on tip (I don't see a post where you really do that)

Saying you agreed with flay (don't really see this one either)

vote: amrun

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 211, Mr. Flay wrote:Because you're basically posting everything I want to, about half an hour earlier. :P
Right, yeah, we never agreed on anything! Makes perfect sense.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Amrun »

Oh, I never said "lie 1" by the way. I just said I hinted he was town, not that I did it before he called me town. Of course it was after; I was playing into hai buddying. Super dense.

"Lie 2" is more of you just blatantly not reading.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:31 am

In post 454, Amrun wrote:
In post 211, Mr. Flay wrote:Because you're basically posting everything I want to, about half an hour earlier. :P
Right, yeah, we never agreed on anything! Makes perfect sense.
Flay saying he agreed with you =/= you saying you agreed with him

And you voted tip cause Darox suggested it, nothing in that 14 minutes was said that would change a town read. It really looks like you were buddying Darox.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Amrun »

Like, you're SO ridiculously wrong that I don't think you'd even try to push that as scum if you knew you were that wrong, so more likely it isn't alignment indicative at all.

P-edit:

Please read, Jesus shit.

Flay and I were pushing the same scumreads at the same time, and if he agreed with me, then we believed the same things, which necessarily means that I agreed with him. It's not that hard.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:33 am

In post 455, Amrun wrote:Oh, I never said "lie 1" by the way. I just said I hinted he was town, not that I did it before he called me town. Of course it was after; I was playing into hai buddying. Super dense.

Nothing in your iso suggests you "hinted" at flay was town before he called you town. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:37 am

Post by Amrun »

Let's make this a little more clear.
In post 92, Amrun wrote:
In post 87, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 82, Amrun wrote:It muddies the waters and broadens the level of acceptable behavior for scum.
Here you say that scum can fly under the radar. Or am I mistaken?
I have NO idea what you're trying to say.

What you did is both bad for the meta game and this particular game. I have you as a slight town lean despite of it, not because of it. It is closer to null now because you didn't actually do anything interesting with it.
In post 106, Amrun wrote:I liked how he aggressively pursued what people thought of him, at first, but ten he did NOTHING with it.

And then I re-read where he questioned Darox's list and felt increasingly weird about it; if he were town really looking for reactions, wouldn't he note that Darox's list was relative to who was or wasn't on his own wagon?

P-edit:

Omg no

Lynch that

He might be a jester at this point but that still needs to be lynched so whatever
At first, I liked how TiP was unafraid of votes and was pursuing people about them, as if to make sure right commented on his controversial scum claim.

Then, I got drawn into a conversation with tip in which he was aggressively scummy, SO scummy, in fact that I thought he might be a jester doing it ON PURPOSE. This conversation showed that he was NOT, in fact, being especially cognitive about the reactions to him, which reversed my previously slight town read on him and led me to vote him.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:38 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 458, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 455, Amrun wrote:Oh, I never said "lie 1" by the way. I just said I hinted he was town, not that I did it before he called me town. Of course it was after; I was playing into hai buddying. Super dense.

Nothing in your iso suggests you "hinted" at flay was town before he called you town. I challenge you to prove me wrong.
Yes, I know. Because I didn't. I never claimed I did. In fact, I said the opposite of that. Jesus fuck.

Also preview edits seem not to be working on my phone right now idk why
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:44 am

In post 457, Amrun wrote:Like, you're SO ridiculously wrong that I don't think you'd even try to push that as scum if you knew you were that wrong, so more likely it isn't alignment indicative at all.

P-edit:

Please read, Jesus shit.

Flay and I were pushing the same scumreads at the same time, and if he agreed with me, then we believed the same things, which necessarily means that I agreed with him. It's not that hard.
1. I don't think I'm wrong at all, you are the one who's wrong.
2. Flay pretty much stayed on tip, he didn't switch to spicer when you did the first time. Later when he finally did he did it for something gorckat pointed out, not you. ALSO flay was calling tip scum when you were calling him town so obviously he didn't agree with you. He even asked why spicer was scummier than tip, which means he was QUESTIONING you not agreeing with you. It's more apparent you are the one buddying people, not flay.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Amrun »

1. I just said you don't think you're wrong, which is why you being so hilariously wrong isn't scummy, just wrong.
2. We agreed with each other's pushes, whether you see it or not. Also, how you can reach the conclusion that I was buddying Flay over him buddying me is pretty fucking ludicrous. It doesn't even remotely make sense.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:48 am

In post 460, Amrun wrote:
In post 458, Jake from State Farm wrote:

Yes, I know. Because I didn't. I never claimed I did. In fact, I said the opposite of that. Jesus fuck.

Also preview edits seem not to be working on my phone right now idk why
You never claimed to hint you had a town read on flay? Bullshit

In post 409, Amrun wrote:I never actually called flay obvtown,
though I purposefully hinted I had a town read on him.
I wanted to see if it would affect his behavior (it did).

I've had a scumread on mr. Flay for most of the day.
Booyah, caught scum. Now vote amrun.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Amrun »

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Yes, I hinted that I had a town read on Flay. I did not do it BEFORE he said he had a town read on me.

I've said this literally three times now.

Think about what you are fucking posting.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 407, Amrun wrote:Flay, detail the progression of your reads on both me and tip.
TheIrishPope
  1. TIP starts off claiming scum, because lolreactions or because TIP. It's still a stupid distracting antitown thing to do.
  2. Then he's useless for another 11 posts. he finally gets around to posting at least some commentary on someone else that isn't spam or theory. he votes Amrun for "having knowledge he is Town", which is lolcase. It does provide distancing though, without actually advancing a plausible wagon, and puts the words "Town" and "TIP" together nicely in the reader's brain.
  3. he calls both himself AND Amrun (the person he's voting, for those reading along at home) TvT. Cute. Why not unvote, then?
  4. he says "L-2" gleefully. If he's scum, that means he has buddies on the wagon he can count on to drop off as needed. Who is on the wagon? Flay, Amrun, Darox.
  5. he claims "not scum, just stupid".
  6. Then in he claims "unlynchable" and confirmable, without sufficient pressure to make it necessary to do so. More distraction.
  7. Continues to fuck around, not taking the wagon or anyone seriously until when he "suddenly" realizes he can't use his as-yet-unspecified-but-clearly-powerful-please-don't-lynch-me role on himself.
  8. Sugar crash. Ingrid instead of his wagon. By he reiterates that he and Amrun are both Town.
  9. Continues going after Ingrid, including the now-famous "analysis" post which fucking nobody bought. Why should we? He's not actually trying. He's just going "words words claim lol nope words" with no utility.
  10. . I'm just going to leave this here.
  11. he claims to be "very good at finding scum" with no real evidence to back it up (one game where he named names on D1? Whooptybatfuck, anybody can hit a barn once in a blue moon, and you suspected most of the playerlist of being Chenoan's partner, AND called Telo Town before you died) and wants to be left around until LyLo where he can "work wonders". Yeah no.
  12. words words words
  13. Oooh, Darox is a Dayvig? TIP is paying attention again.
Amrun
  1. Amrun comes in all friendly and bouncy and making a goofy vote on gorckat. Null tell, probably just her personality.
  2. reaction to TIP's scumclaim is not to comment on the scum claim, but to think about a different game. Wat. Figures it out, then... disappears for about 75 minutes to other games, and ONLY THEN to vote TIP for the scumclaim. What changed? gorckat challenged him to selfhammer.
  3. By , she'd rather vote for spicer (the person chainsawing for TIP) than for TIP himself. Lolwut?
  4. Then by she's outright calling TIP "prob town".
  5. Then we get the big notfight between Amrun and TIP. This is only really interesting because in ISO 14 she says "I have you as a slight town lean despite of it, not because of it" - why? Where is the townread coming from??
  6. But it doesn't last. Darox votes TIP, Amrun squees, and TIP (ISO 16). Then seems to think he might be a Jester or something, but hey, he needs to go either way, right? This actually works regardless of Amrun's alignment, so nulltell from here on out. She also jumps ship to spicer first chance she gets.
  7. , the famous "Flay... I'm
    blushing
    so angry that I have a scumread on you but you're buddying me!" post. Do I have that about right, Amrun-from-the-future?
  8. I'm just going to leave this here.
    In post 213, Amrun wrote:
    Oh. That's always fun. :)
    Clearly the words of a fearless scumhunter. Oh no wait, you , didn't you? Why is that?
  9. All through to , Amrun is chasing spicer but would also be "dandy" with lynching TIP. No mention of me? :cry:
  10. , Amrun reacts to TIP's "case" on Ingrid with a resounding meh, and continues to attack it as lazyhunting for several more posts. Despite that, she's been voting spicer (not TIP) since ISO 29.
  11. , further adventures of "I'd like to lynch TIP, don't get me wrong I really think he's a liability, but here are several other people I'd rather mislynch first". Although she doesn't take the bait of me misreading gorckat to, y'know, attack me or anything. Much rather go after easy bait like spicer or Kid A. :roll:
  12. ISO 73 is the first time she mentions all of this cunning suspicion of me. After. I. Suspect. Her. There's a term for that somewhere... it's on the tip Of My Gleeful Unbounded...Tongue.
  13. I'm sorry you drew scum when all you really wanted to do since signups was play with me, Amrun. I really do.
All of that said, I'd still rather lynch TIP today than Amrun, because the case on Amrun (such as it is) is highly TIP-dependent.
Amrun wrote:Yes, I hinted that I had a town read on Flay. I did not do it BEFORE he said he had a town read on me.
This is accurate. In fact, you said jack and shit about me before I called you a Town read. Why is that? When did you start finding me scum? Show your work.

And before you ask, My townread on you was post 142. Most of your scummy waffling happens post-149 (and post TIP's retraction of claim/ability).
Retired as of October 2014.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:07 am

Post by notscience »

There's a lot of noise here.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ewww. Don't like the company I'm keeping on this wagon, however. UNVOTE: spicer - prob dumbtown.

VOTE: Kid A - evasive as hell, reads don't make sense, attacks Jake and I for being scummy without showing any work, misrepresents my scumread on half the game as an excuse to vote me.
Retired as of October 2014.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:58 am

In post 464, Amrun wrote:Yes, I hinted that I had a town read on Flay. I did not do it BEFORE he said he had a town read on me
hmm.. let's go to the instant replay
In post 409, Amrun wrote:I never actually called flay obvtown, though I purposefully hinted I had a town read on him. I wanted to see if it would affect his behavior (it did)
In post 410, notscience wrote:What did you learn by doing that
In post 412, Amrun wrote:While I was popular and town reading and agreeing with him, he thought I was obvtown.
I call foul on the play

You said you hinting at a town read on him made his behavior change to have a town read on you. But in reality he had a town read on you BEFORE you "hinted" at anything

I agree with the Kid vote and if I can't get people on Amrun I will gladly go back, but Amrun is caught in the headlights and needs rope. She can't backpedal anymore.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Amrun »

Not even remotely what I meant. Explaining things to you is like explaining things to that brick wall over there, but I will attempt: I returned his buddying in order to see if the behavior would continue, and to see if he would increase it after I reciprocated. Both were true. I never stated a town read on him, purposefully, because I didn't want to lie.

I never lied, and I think anyone with eyes will see that, so I'm not too worried about it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Kid A »

In post 467, Mr. Flay wrote:Ewww. Don't like the company I'm keeping on this wagon, however. UNVOTE: spicer - prob dumbtown.

VOTE: Kid A - evasive as hell, reads don't make sense, attacks Jake and I for being scummy without showing any work, misrepresents my scumread on half the game as an excuse to vote me.
how are 4 direct quotes from you misreps lol
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:52 am

In post 469, Amrun wrote:Not even remotely what I meant. Explaining things to you is like explaining things to that brick wall over there, but I will attempt: I returned his buddying in order to see if the behavior would continue, and to see if he would increase it after I reciprocated. Both were true. I never stated a town read on him, purposefully, because I didn't want to lie.

I never lied, and I think anyone with eyes will see that, so I'm not too worried about it.
so he thought you were town so you tried to see if his read would change by implying you think he was town? that makes absolutely no sense.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:54 am

btw, trying to discredit me by insulting me is a pretty shitty way to play and it's really getting on my nerves. I am not an idiot, stop treating me like I am.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Amrun »

Hey, flay, I might have misunderstood your view on TiP. See, earlier I thought you thought he was scum right around the time I did. Then, later, you seemed to be going along with gorckat's fence sitting. You openly agreed with him as he was saying it doesn't matter what alignment tip is, we should lynch him. This seemed like an odd reversal for someone who had said TiP was scum. But then when you detailed your read of him, you didn't mention this at all. Can you clarify?

P-edit: sorry if I upset you (honestly). I called you intelligent, though; I don't think you're dumb at all. I just think you're so confirmation biased from conclusions you got to while you weren't well informed that you're spewing ridiculous things. Really, it's more of a town tell than anything.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:41 am

I dont think its confirmation bias(though I always struggle understanding what people mean by confirmation bias despite googling every time I see it :facepalm: at me), at worst it's a misunderstanding and I'm wrong, but to me it doesn't look that way. If you are town, no big deal right? It's not like anyone is sheeping me(though I wish they would)

@ flay - going back a little bit, the reason gork pointed out about spicer was pretty good, you think dumb town would do that?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”