Mini 1476: Dewey Decimal Mafia (Game Over)

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by saulres »

How about another Melvil Dewey quote?

"The eternal conflict of good and the best with bad and the worst is on."

Okay...

How about this one?

"The librarian must be the librarian militant before he can be the librarian triumphant."

Right. Note to self: Melvil Dewey quotes are
not
a good source for flavor. Keep looking.

Vote Count 1.14

L-3 Kid A - Mr. Flay, Jake from State Farm
repl. mozamis
, TheIrishPope
L-4 notscience - Kid A, Darox
L-5 spicer1209 -Amrun
L-5 Jake from State Farm
repl. mozamis
- notscience
L-5 TheIrishPope - Ingrid
L-5 gorckat - spicer1209
L-6 Amrun -
L-6 Darox -
L-6 Mr. Flay -
L-6 Ingrid -

Not voting:gorckat

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-08-05 22:23:44)
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Ingrid
Ingrid
Townie
Ingrid
Townie
Townie

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Ingrid »

Amrun is scum because I don't think she's getting enough pressure, it's like everyone's just taking her word and vote for granted.

@Mod: replace me out please. My class schedule is more rigorous than I anticipated, and I can't keep up with the game, much less understand what's going on the last few pages. I know I said I'd be here, but my academics are a priority right now. Sorry! :(
so glide away on soapy heels and promise not to promise anymore
and if you come around again then I will take the chain from off the door
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

In all honesty, I appreciate you replacing out. School sucks :(
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by saulres »

Your priorities are in the right place. Good luck in your schooling.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by Kid A »

In post 582, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 28, Kid A wrote:i was gonna say a mafia is on the tip wagon but then i realised im not on epicmafia?????
This is actually an excuse NOT to scum hunt. Instead of examining the game's first wagon, he casts an rvs vote.
I examined the wagon and decided most if not all of the people on it were town trying to put some pressure on TIP
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

1. There's no way you can honestly town read 4 people that quickly
2. Scum's job is to appear town
3. Another player, I believe it was baby spice showed data that on the first wagon to reach 4 votes, there was a greater than 70% chance 1 of the 4 were scum. I've actually used it in a game and it didn't work to my favor once, but I never completely discount the data.

An amrun/kid team makes plenty of sense from my perspective.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 pm

In post 602, TheIrishPope wrote:In all honesty, I appreciate you replacing out. School sucks :(
Yes it does

But isn't it summer break?

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 am

Post by gorckat »

In post 606, Jake from State Farm wrote:But isn't it summer break?
My sister has a class starting next week- Early fall and late summer classes, I guess.

Darox- what makes you lean town on Kid?
kid wrote:and the second was because mozamis was one of my scumreads
For what reasons?
In post 572, gorckat wrote:
In post 570, Kid A wrote:a vote with no explanation on someone he'd barely acknowledged before struck me as a bus
Do you think that makes the voter or the voted scummier?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:36 am

Post by gorckat »

I guess on Tuesday's people actually do work?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:41 am

Post by saulres »

Or maybe everyone was waiting on Ingrid's replacement, who I'm happy to have found! Please welcome Sundy into the game.
On permanent
V/LA
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Sundy »

hello all. i joined this game because i spent the last 2 days in a library, and i'm not even a student anymore :?

taking some time to catch up and so forth
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:53 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Sorry you replaced into a scum slot.
just the tIP
- Varsoon
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:34 am

Post by notscience »

lol talking about books and studying in a library game xd
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Sundy »

OK so that was a lot of posts with some HIGHLY DRAMATIC events.

The first thing that's on my mind is that proper post on Flay from Amrun. Her 406 struck me as quite scummy, how she all of a sudden accused him of being scum right after he expressed relatively mild suspicions of her in true OMGUS fashion. However I have liked some of her other play, and when she said she had a scum read on Mr Flay for most of the game I was HIGHLY intrigued. i literally laughed out loud in delightful joyous anticipation. it had the FEELING OF EPICNESS. however she has delayed her post afterwards … despite promises to be at her computer since Saturday. v. eager to see this post.

re: theirishpope (the other big controversy of this game), what can you do? the playstyle is what it is. it reminds me of my first game with parama. could go either way. want more spicer posts, his vote on Ingrid seemed like an attempt to divert the wagon on him, but elsewhere he's struck off in random directions instead of sheeping, which while not particularly enlightening have at least seemed town-orientated

darox: i don't like #26, especially when he hasn't given a reason for voting spicer besides bandwagon. it feels hypocritical. and this feels like buddying Amrun. all the caps lock trolling is annoying (although i DO enjoy a well-timed shift key), and no cases. yet he's acting annoyed with other people for not providing content when he's jumping from irishpope to spicer to kid a to ingrid to notscience, even when they don't answer his pressure (or the pressure of other players that he states as the ostensible reason for his vote)

for these GRAVE SINS, the answer is:
vote: darox

some other nulls and some other town reads

What is an amished tell?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Out of curiosity, have you read the entire game yet, Sundy?

Amished tell is some sort of bullshit tell about criticizing the person you replaced.
Retired as of October 2014.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Sundy »

In post 614, Mr. Flay wrote:Out of curiosity, have you read the entire game yet, Sundy?

Amished tell is some sort of bullshit tell about criticizing the person you replaced.
I have indeed. I skimmed some of the trolling.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

So how do you feel about Darox's roleclaim?
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

VOTE: Sundy
Obviously didn't read the thread.
just the tIP
- Varsoon
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Sundy »

In post 616, Mr. Flay wrote:So how do you feel about Darox's roleclaim?
I don't get the town motive for claiming such on day 1. But if he is telling the truth he can easily prove my vote is not needed and had better do so today.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by notscience »

Flay, do you have any idea about the origin of that tell? Someone tried to use it as a scumtell in a recent game with me and I don't see how it means anything.

What are your "null and town" reads in order from town to scum sundy?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Amrun »

OMG

SUNDY

THIS IS EXCITING

So I went to my grandma's so I could have internet tonight. Content incoming.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

Okay, I'm really fucking tired, so if this doesn't make sense, ask me questions.
In post 77, Mr. Flay wrote:Man, ya'll newbies make NO sense. Why are spicer, moz, and notscience defending the guy who claimed scum? Why is Ingrid posting fluff? Why did TIP claim scum at all?
UP UNTIL THIS POST, I really liked Flay as town. This sort of "oh man, y'all newbies" post without making a comment on ANYONE'S alignment really struck me as off. But still, I mean, y'all newbies (we're all newbies to Flay) were acting pretty dumb, so I answered this post to try and get him to engage about it etc.
In post 103, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 96, Darox wrote:THIS IS WHY I HATE SCUM CLAIMS. HEY LET'S WASTE SOME MORE TIME TALKING IN CIRCLES AND ACHIEVE NOTHING.

HEY IRISH, INSTEAD OF DICKING AROUND AND RESPONDING TO EVERYBODY WHO TALKS ABOUT YOUR STUPID SCUMCLAIM WHILE SAYING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF VALUE, WHY DON'T YOU BE USEFUL AND PLACE YOUR VOTE. IF YOU WANT TO BE REALLY USEFUL, PLACE IT ON SPICER.
This post works even better if you just glance at Hobbes out of the corner of your eye, and think he's ranting and flailing.

In other news, I'm perfectly happy with my vote. I think TIP wanted to get reactions, but I also think he wanted to deflect criticism with "lol reactions". It's a much better scum play than a Town play, so let's lynch him.
Then he posted this, and I liked this post pretty well, so I set aside my paranoia for the moment.
In post 187, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 185, spicer1209 wrote:@Darox honestly his comment went completely over my head and I had no idea that was what he was referring to until you just now pointed it out. Even when I first read it I was like what the fuck is be talking about.
Face. Palm. Yes, my comment was because my avatar comes from ... English literature! That's it. Nothing to do with rolefishing.

Right now I like Irish and Ingrid for scum (yes, even together). Neither is doing a damn thing for the game. Kid A I could go either way with. Most of the rest are null or town right now.
I really disliked these scumreads, though, and the reasoning for it. They're not doing a damn thing, sure, but why is that indicative of them being scum? (It isn't.) These three are the EASIEST to attack out of the whole player list. Who's number 4? Spicer. Guess who Flay's been poking at besides this? Spicer.
In post 208, Mr. Flay wrote:Amrun, if you end up being scum after all of this I'm going to be VERY upset.
In post 211, Mr. Flay wrote:Because you're basically posting everything I want to, about half an hour earlier. :P
And then there's this. I thought this was a little weird at the time, but I thought, well, maybe there's more going on behind the scenes in Flay's head. I like it when people townread me, but it struck me that I was the most townie out of the whole game at the moment (I mean, maybe in hindsight I wasn't as I know I'm town so there's probably bias -- but I STILL think I was, and several people had recently called me town at this point.) So, then I ate my paranoia flakes about THIS post, too, thinking it was an easy way to leech off my towncred. So I played into his buddying a bit to see what would happen.
In post 220, Mr. Flay wrote:... dafuq is this game?
In post 224, Mr. Flay wrote:Fun fact: ignore feature doesn't work in Mafia games.

Kid A, why are you voting Darox? Your iso is uninformative.
In post 314, Mr. Flay wrote:There's only 10 of us... I keep thinking I should be lurker hunting, but except for Ingrid and moz we're good.

Still waiting for Kid A, however.
In post 354, Mr. Flay wrote:This fucking game...

My vote is happy with any of the leading wagons right now. still waiting for kid a to answer the damn question.
And then, as the rest of his ISO is almost exclusively some sort of complaint and very little content. It felt very much like active lurking, and every time it continued, it made me feel worse about him. TiP asked him if he preferred town or scum and he had no problem writing a paragraph about it, but the content gets one sentence?
In post 388, Mr. Flay wrote:Just finished rereading spicer and Kid A. Definitely like my vote where it is. He's totally misrepresenting gorckat, given that it's not a policy lynch on TIP, it's a better-than-average D1 lynch. If the guy is indistinguishable as scum or town, we'll never know who he is. So without good scumhunting (which hasn't really shown up so far), he's a fucking liability.

Also, this bodes well:
In post 369, gorckat wrote:Vla over weekend. Have phone but laptop
dyong

Will prob be unable to resist typos from
phome
posting.

Will
syrive
for succinct
amd
clear thoughts.
:roll:
And then this thing with gorckat makes no sense. I commented on it at the time. Gorckat is openly calling it a policy lynch, and Mr. Flay is agreeing but trying to take the "policy lynch" words out of it because they are not doing well with this playerlist. Like, sheeps the reasoning, but then says it's NOT a policy lynch, when the person using the reasoning calls it a policy lynch.

It also struck me as pretty odd because he has several quotes, and even one pretty good reason, for calling TiP scum in his iso. But then he says we should lynch him for being unreadable. That really doesn't add up. You can't have a scumread on someone and then also want to lynch them for unreadability. That's certainly not a thought process I'D have as town, anyway.
In post 404, Mr. Flay wrote:Yeah if TIP actually does flip Mafia it's going to look bad for Amrun.
And then this is the point where all the trains crashed in my brain and I had to say something. Up to this point, you see, it's a lot of tinfoil hat paranoia. This, however, is crazy scummy.

Jake was posting a bunch of stuff from early game, which Mr. Flay BLATANTLY agreed with -- EXPLICITLY agreed with, and called me TOWN for posting. Then, Jake posted it and called it scummy, and all of a sudden, it looks bad for me if TiP flips scum.

If Jake had said this about NEW posts I made, it wouldn't have been as big of a deal, but he didn't. He's a replacement, so commenting on old posts is fine for him, but NOTHING changed about my stance on TiP in between Mr. Flay saying "you post everything I want to post before I post it" and "it looks bad for Amrun if TiP flips scum." By his OWN reasoning, this would also mean it looks bad for HIM, but I'm less concerned about that and more concerned about a flipping stance with no new information. The only thing that changed was popular opinion. When Mr. Flay said he agreed with me and I was town, I was pretty universally townread and at the very least had no open detractors; even TiP said our spat was town on town. Jake comes in and turns the flow of conversation, and all of a sudden the same posts that made me town before make me look scummy if TiP flips scum. It makes NO sense.

And I didn't like his responses either. I asked for his progressions of reads on me and TiP, and he gave me a pbp analysis of why we are scum, basically. For me especially, this makes no sense. He thought I was "so town it hurts" at that point, but his pbp doesn't reflect that at all. It doesn't read genuinely. And even when I clarified what I meant, he didn't have a good explanation.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 615, Sundy wrote:
In post 614, Mr. Flay wrote:Out of curiosity, have you read the entire game yet, Sundy?

I have indeed. I skimmed some of the trolling.
That's not really what the Amished tell is.

Originally, the Amished tell was simply "if you read your predecessor, you are scum." He later revised it for, "If you apologize for/make excuses for your predecessor's scumminess, you are scum."

In spirit, though, if you focus on accusations against you in favor of scumhunting, it is scummy.

I thought Jake might have come in and violated the spirit of this sin, but in the end, decided he probably didn't. I very much believe in this scumtell, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 pm

amrun, stop with your incorrect definition of an amished tell

An Amished tell is when a replacement criticizes or apologies for his predecessor for being scummy. A replacement HAS to read his player's slot regardless of alignment

The amished tell is BS anyway and I asked you about it earlier. I found at least 2 games (unfortunately 1 is ongoing) where you have used the Amished tell accusation and both players flipped town, so WHY THE FUCK do you still think it's a scumtell?

The general consensus on this site has moved to it being a null tell so I suggest you get with the times already or you will see my mean face :P

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:56 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 621, Amrun wrote:And then, as the rest of his ISO is almost exclusively some sort of complaint and very little content. It felt very much like active lurking, and every time it continued, it made me feel worse about him. TiP asked him if he preferred town or scum and he had no problem writing a paragraph about it, but the content gets one sentence?
This is frankly the only part of your 'analysis' that is worth responding to. I am posting briefly and often, which is unusual for me (usually I love walls every two days), but there's a very simple reason for that: Most of my posts have been on my phone, and the pace of this game is such that I would get buried in a hurry if I waited until I was home from work. And I've spent a LOT of time scratching my head at this game and the "unorthodox" play (TIP, Ingrid), the lurking and refusal to answer posts (Ingrid, Kid A). So yeah, my content has been lower while others people's has. I waited how long for Kid A to respond? I have waited how long for this post from you? We spent how long arguing about TIP's clever little claim? This game is not going well, even for Day One. Wagons are weak and fleeting, claims and breadcrumbs are plentiful, and people are Not Fucking Reading For Content. [/getoffmylawn]

If I have to explain to you why "not doing a damn thing for the game" is scummy, then I don't know what to tell you. And I'm not going to apologize that my scumlist coincides with half the game's scumlists in some way or another... that's how you get wagons and lynches! Is there some fucking meta tell out there now that says "If you vote for someone who is scummy with someone else, you're scum!"?

I'm too mad to deal with the "policy lynch" question right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”