Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4219, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i'm not saying shadi is scum for it

i'm just saying like i always have that hardtowning shadi for that oneeeeee shitty reaction test makes no sense

he could've read the last few pages in the thread in that 8 minutes and realized cabd was bullshitting

this reminds me of gcbc claiming guilty on us when his watch didn't get through

cabd misses obvious shit (obvious from a town viewpoint that is) as scum

why wasn't his first thought a scum roleblock?

it's the same principle here
I don't have him as conftown, but he had slided far enough down at that point that I was actively considering him as a night 2 vig target possibiity. The reaction to the bulba gambit was enough for me to rethink that.

But, you're talking about Cabd's read-change, not mine, so there's probably some validity to seeing more as a 180.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:23 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 4223, Cephrir wrote:As a low calibre player who picked up on this I disagree
i have no freaking clue how good you are

cabd apparently values your play highly, in one of the questions he asked me a few pages back

talk to me about this because this pings a little

Pedit: Yeah I'm worried more about cabd's read on shadi than anything else concerning shadi including shadi himself

i still think shadi is scum right now but fuck i need to sort cabd
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

Orc, regarding the 8 minutes I was VERY stressed and thought the mod would lock the topic so I rushed and checked the player-list. If those 8 minutes make huge wonders to you.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

or maybe not stressed, panicking.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4224, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1284, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1283, Calcifer wrote:
In post 1277, Rift Adrift wrote:that's not mastin.
Could you reassure me that orc is town? It worries me that the towniest thing he's done so far is a shitty deathtunnel.
I have a mixed read on orcinus. There are a couple of reasons going back to one of our earliest games that result in the mix leaning a little town.
what were your reasons for towning me? just day 1 is fine
It had to do with the BSG game and your considering giving me a day for your read to solidify/mature - I'm not sure what to call it - on day 1 of that game at one point.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:33 am

In post 4227, Shadi1337 wrote:Orc, regarding the 8 minutes I was VERY stressed and thought the mod would lock the topic so I rushed and checked the player-list. If those 8 minutes make huge wonders to you.
i massively do not understand this post. am i the only one?
In post 4229, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 4224, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1284, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1283, Calcifer wrote:
In post 1277, Rift Adrift wrote:that's not mastin.
Could you reassure me that orc is town? It worries me that the towniest thing he's done so far is a shitty deathtunnel.
I have a mixed read on orcinus. There are a couple of reasons going back to one of our earliest games that result in the mix leaning a little town.
what were your reasons for towning me? just day 1 is fine
It had to do with the BSG game and your considering giving me a day for your read to solidify/mature - I'm not sure what to call it - on day 1 of that game at one point.
coolio ty

i feel like too much of my suspicion of rift is predicated on the whole "fery scumread someone that i townread and he flipped town" and that might be a little unfair

i'm also not feeling the click with her that i am feeling with BRO (as in often we are not on the same line of thought) but tbf that's not been happening too much in hydra or in any other games (BSG just got referenced)

but i feel like fery's thought process is too transparent, reading through this game

just in case people are curious how i'm working, i'm reading a three way iso of crabd/fery/me of this game, have cabd's iso of xenoblade, mol, and his newbie game, though i'm starting to discount the last because there are just too many discrepancies between a newbie game and this one. i haven't focused on fery yet and i will probably be unable to tonight.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:38 am

In post 3195, Rift Adrift wrote:VOTE: BROseidon
can you talk to me about the history of your BRO read?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:38 am

In post 3244, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 3234, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 3229, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I am gettin to everything in this game SOON MAYBE TODAY

BRO is town because his play was so different in xenoblade I am 90% sure about his alignment. His scumgame is much more serious and his posts are much less light and casual
Pay attention to BRO's more recent posts. It could be that he just didn't have any neurons left over for this game as xeno drew to a close, but I'm not liking some of what he's posted lately.
I am not seeing this
this never got elaborated on and i was sort of wishing that you would
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4230, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i feel like too much of my suspicion of rift is predicated on the whole "fery scumread someone that i townread and he flipped town" and that might be a little unfair
I've been feeling kinda the same way about calcifer and stevie and your scumreading them. In all three cases, there was a whole lot of sentiment from other players that those three were scum. I was the main dissenting voice on calcifer and stevie. You were the main dissenting voice on Bulba.

I wish that we both had weighed the dissent more heavily than we did, though at least they weren't all 3 mislynches.

Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:42 am

fery has put way too much effort into trying to lead town and this is not looking like her scumgame

i feel good about her

Pedit: i feel like i was alone with my calcifer suspicion...
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4231, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
It's hard to explain, and I've more or less decided that I'm wrong given how the other Xenoblade players feel about him. I feel like he hasn't done much scumhunting as the game has progressed. He's kind of in commentary mode and occasionally defends one player from another.

Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 am

In post 4235, Rift Adrift wrote:
It's hard to explain, and I've more or less decided that I'm wrong given how the other Xenoblade players feel about him. I feel like he hasn't done much scumhunting as the game has progressed. He's kind of in commentary mode and occasionally defends one player from another.
and this suspicion has been consistent, even now
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4234, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:fery has put way too much effort into trying to lead town and this is not looking like her scumgame

i feel good about her

Pedit: i feel like i was alone with my calcifer suspicion...
I don't think you were. Serene was scumreading him nearly all of day 1 and most of day 2 and I'm pretty sure I am correct that others were scumreading or at least not townreading him as well.

Babel-17
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:55 am

okay

it's almost midnight and 3300 altitude and fuck everyone i've spent too long on this already

i have not done extensive work on fery's side of the board but i feel like that is unnecessary

i am getting good vibes from her again. i am remembering how we don't often click inthread especially in our other games (i skimmed BSG) and i know we don't think along the same lines often from our hydra play. i do not think scum fery would be trying to lead town this hard

i am liking cabd for scum. the two things i have not mentioned yet because it's just very subtle things inthread that i'd have to quote a lot of shit for are
1) his lines of questioning don't seem coherent (especially his examinations with me)
2) his d3 reaction to my suspicion sucked and did not seem genuine
he is exhibiting a lot of deliberate stupidity that i associate with scum and even though there is definitely a difference between this game and his newbie, fuck newbies.

HOWEVER i am going to admit right now that a lot of my suspicion ORIGINATED from the nightkills. Cabd made a good point that i didn't recognize yet in that I actually called for cabd/rift to be protected so that might actually be a point in that direction

that being said upon ISOing fery is looking like town and a lot of things with cabd just isn't adding up

i would now like to leave this thread for fery and cabd and ceph needs to answer the question i asked (why'd you disappear)

BYE
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:59 am

In post 4233, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 4230, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i feel like too much of my suspicion of rift is predicated on the whole "fery scumread someone that i townread and he flipped town" and that might be a little unfair
I've been feeling kinda the same way about calcifer and stevie and your scumreading them. In all three cases, there was a whole lot of sentiment from other players that those three were scum. I was the main dissenting voice on calcifer and stevie. You were the main dissenting voice on Bulba.

I wish that we both had weighed the dissent more heavily than we did, though at least they weren't all 3 mislynches.
Final thought: Nero got excluded here why
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4226, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4223, Cephrir wrote:As a low calibre player who picked up on this I disagree
i have no freaking clue how good you are

cabd apparently values your play highly, in one of the questions he asked me a few pages back

talk to me about this because this pings a little
A cursory look at meta should reveal that I am garbage as town (in the few games I don't get lynched I invariably am almost lynched and am wrong about nearly everything) and fairly good as scum. But I'm normally pretty oblivious to breadcrumbs regardless of alignment, so if I notice one I always feel that it is really shitty.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 am

Cephrir could be scum

But hell if I'm doing that today
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4239, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4233, Rift Adrift wrote:

Final thought: Nero got excluded here why
Because there was a point during the nero wagon run-up where you were actively considering him as possibly scum too. You went back to town later, but you agreed that there was a substantive difference between his BSG game and this one. Due to bandwagon momentum, that change in stance didn't have much impact.

The nero wagon still confuses me, though. I had zero impact on bandwagon formation at earlier points in the game thread despite doing my damnedest to develop a town bloc and get some consensus going. Then, I voted nero mostly so serene would stop interrupting the sorting process I was going through. And the wagon took off like wildfire. That had to be mostly town-driven and mostly annoyance-driven.

Babel-17
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:16 am

Post by BROseidon »

Those are good points against Cabd. I'm going to look into Xenoblade again to confirm your point about him asking fluff questions here vs. being more assertive there.

Also Ceph's last few posts are making me doubt my scumread on him. Ceph, can you give me a towngame of yours, there's something I want to check.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

Since TMT is claiming scum by not posting expect a post in that direction once I get off work in a couple hours.
Bartleby the Scrivener
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

Thanks Ceph. Quick skim of a red flag I saw in 4223 indicates that it was not actually a red flag and that Ceph just write formally >.>
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:32 am

TMT has addressed rift numerous times and Cabd none

Noob scum distance and don't interact much

Things are looking good for this scumread

Damnit this game is keeping me up
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Serene »

In post 4247, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:TMT has addressed rift numerous times and Cabd none

Noob scum distance and don't interact much

Things are looking good for this scumread

Damnit this game is keeping me up
You're scum, go to sleep.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4238, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i would now like to leave this thread for fery and cabd and ceph needs to answer the question i asked (why'd you disappear)
I will follow-up when they are back.

Stop posting and enjoy your stay in Shangri La! <3

Babel-17

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”