Micro 213 - Scumhunter's Speed [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

In post 123, JKMatthews wrote:I don't think your case is very strong based on the environment in which your making it, so I think it has little merit. Better?
Not one bit.
Never trust a happy song.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Agree to disagree then I guess.

Anybody else even slightly on your scumdar?
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

Not enough to stop talking about lucky.

Aren't you concerned the least bit about how lucky has basically stopped posting and since I posted my case on him, and has explicitly refused to answer it?

How would you feel if I ignored everything you said about my scumminess, suddenly stopped posting content, and no one cared??
Samuel L Jackson
Samuel L Jackson
Townie
Samuel L Jackson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Samuel L Jackson »

Deadline's in two days, gentlemen. What are we going to do?
"Do you read the Bible, Bret?"
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Not concerned enough to completely stop looking anywhere else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't actually asked him any questions. You've said "you've done these things, and I believe there's scummy motivation behind them". He's said he doesn't want to get caught up building a defense and would rather hunt, and you've repeatedly said "ANSWER ME SCUM" while not actually asking questions. It's not an ideal situation from either end, but I feel like he's left your case against him undefended rather than unanswered. Ask him some questions, and if they're ignored I might start paying more attention.

I will concede that the disappearance in general isn't great considering the timing, but I'd be hypocritical saying disappearing for the weekend was scummy...

P-Edit:
Samuel L Jackson, at the moment I'd lynch Bert, Maki, or Fifty. Funnily enough my back and forth with Fifty is actually making me think it's more a case of stubborness than scumminess though, so Bert and Maki are a higher priority. Mayyyyyyyybe Lucky depending on if anything develops between Lucky and Fifty, but it seems unlikely given the time frame.
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

EXACTLY. THAT IS THE POINT OF LUCKY'S PLAN.

JK, lucky said I had won scumpoints (and additionally that no one else has), but didn't vote for me. Why do you think that is so?
Had he suddenly gotten cautious about placing votes now that it was page 2?

JK, lucky said he was ignoring me so he could focus on finding scum. What has he done that even looks like this? What has he done to help us all agree on a lynch?

These are two instances where it's easier to explain lucky's inconsistencies as lies.

How is it that you feel you can dismiss all of this as confirmation bias while agreeing that what I'm saying is substantive, and not grounded in delusion??
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

Seriously. Can anyone in this thread show me any data points in the last 6 pages as or more compelling than the combination of the two above? Anyone? If you can, I'll move my vote and tunnel uncompromisingly on lucky tomorrow.
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

In post 25, Lucky2u wrote:Right now I can basically only read you and Bert because you are the only two posting. Your insistence on me for a ridiculous reason is buying you plenty of scum points.
So I have scum points. No one else has scum points. Lucky is voting for...JKMathews.

This post is a disingenuous lieee.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

In post 130, Fifty Ways wrote:EXACTLY. THAT IS THE POINT OF LUCKY'S PLAN.

JK, lucky said I had won scumpoints (and additionally that no one else has), but didn't vote for me. Why do you think that is so?
Had he suddenly gotten cautious about placing votes now that it was page 2?

JK, lucky said he was ignoring me so he could focus on finding scum. What has he done that even looks like this? What has he done to help us all agree on a lynch?

These are two instances where it's easier to explain lucky's inconsistencies as lies.

How is it that you feel you can dismiss all of this as confirmation bias while agreeing that what I'm saying is substantive, and not grounded in delusion??
Why in the hell is this post directed at me? I understand your accusations. Ask lucky the questions.

I never dismissed those points as confirmation bias. I said the fact that the things lucky has done since you've just said "oh well he's only continuing to be scum" is the confirmation bias. The questions you asked are still about early-game instances.

I DON'T THINK IT'S UNREASONABLE FOR YOU TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF LUCKY. I THINK IT'S UNREASONABLE FOR YOU TO NOT BE LOOKING FOR POTENTIAL SECONDARY LYNCHES WHEN WE'RE THIS CLOSE TO THE DEADLINE AND WE ALL NEED TO AGREE ON A LYNCH.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

In post 124, Fifty Ways wrote:
Please tell me you understand the difference between necessary and sufficient points. It's not enough to say Maki plays this way as town therefor Maki is town. You need to also be convinced, and to convince others, that Maki doesn't play this way as scum. At the moment your case has a point that is necessary to be able to read Maki as town, but it's not sufficient to be able to call Maki town. As such, it should be null. Please keep up.
No, characterizing something as town-maki's play implicitly excludes its opposite. At this point, all I need to convince people is that maki isn't the lynch for today.
I actually completely missed this post. The rest of the conversation about your case on lucky has evolved past this post, but as for the Maki stuff:
Your statement is only true if the case your making is "Maki plays like this
only
when he's town", but that's not what you've ever said. As far as I can tell, the case you're making is "Maki has played like this when he was town". There's a very important difference between these two.
In case you're still not getting it: "Player X makes posts in English when he's town" doesn't equate to "Player X is posting in English and so is probably town".
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

I DON'T THINK IT'S UNREASONABLE FOR YOU TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF LUCKY. I THINK IT'S UNREASONABLE FOR YOU TO NOT BE LOOKING FOR POTENTIAL SECONDARY LYNCHES WHEN WE'RE THIS CLOSE TO THE DEADLINE AND WE ALL NEED TO AGREE ON A LYNCH.
I'm asking why you (and everyone else) aren't voting with me.

You agree that lucky is scummy, but he's hardly on your radar. Can
you
meet my challenge in #131? If not, why aren't you voting with me?
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

In post 134, JKMatthews wrote:
In post 124, Fifty Ways wrote:
Please tell me you understand the difference between necessary and sufficient points. It's not enough to say Maki plays this way as town therefor Maki is town. You need to also be convinced, and to convince others, that Maki doesn't play this way as scum. At the moment your case has a point that is necessary to be able to read Maki as town, but it's not sufficient to be able to call Maki town. As such, it should be null. Please keep up.
No, characterizing something as town-maki's play implicitly excludes its opposite. At this point, all I need to convince people is that maki isn't the lynch for today.
I actually completely missed this post. The rest of the conversation about your case on lucky has evolved past this post, but as for the Maki stuff:
Your statement is only true if the case your making is "Maki plays like this
only
when he's town", but that's not what you've ever said. As far as I can tell, the case you're making is "Maki has played like this when he was town". There's a very important difference between these two.
In case you're still not getting it: "Player X makes posts in English when he's town" doesn't equate to "Player X is posting in English and so is probably town".
This is totally irrelevant to the point of my statement — to affirm the inanity of voting maki.

How about this — I'll declare no contest with everything in this post. Go ahead. You're right.

But no one here has any good reason to find maki suspicious, and especially not to lynch him.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Until that post, you were arguing that Maki should be read as town. What changed?

Unfortunately, you are on my list of scum suspects, so while I may not be able to provide a concise case on why I'd rather lynch my suspects, I'm hesitant to follow your charge.
You're essentially saying to me "I refuse to look at secondary targets, but you're a fool for not voting for somebody who's not in your top 3".
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Let's say that somehow it came to be that lucky couldn't possibly be lynched today. Who would you be willing to lynch to avoid us hitting deadline without having found a majority?
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

I'll just let whoever's set to be lynched get lynched and start my campaign all over again, at full force, the following day again and again until one of four conditions is satisfied 1) lucky stops being scummy, 2) someone is more scummy than lucky, 3) I die, 4) he dies.

Hopefully we can deal with this within the week.
Until that post, you were arguing that Maki should be read as town. What changed?
Oh, that's easy. I was simply
compelled
by the power of your totally right argument.
I may not be able to provide a concise case on why I'd rather lynch my suspects
oh? is your analysis of the most scummy posts of last six pages so sophisticated that it can't fit in a post?
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by Fifty Ways »

You know I'll move my vote if you give me a good reason to think lucky isn't the scummiest person here. <3
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

In post 139, Fifty Ways wrote:I'll just let whoever's set to be lynched get lynched and start my campaign all over again, at full force, the following day again and again until one of four conditions is satisfied 1) lucky stops being scummy, 2) someone is more scummy than lucky, 3) I die, 4) he dies.

Fair enough.

[quote="In post 139, Fifty Ways"Oh, that's easy. I was simply
compelled
by the power of your totally right argument.[/quote]Funny that you're accusing Lucky of not answering your questions then you go and give sarcastic crap as an answer to a question I asked you. Either what you answered was true and you just said it sarcastically because you're full of sour grapes, or you straight-up refused to answer my question. Either way, please clarify.
In post 139, Fifty Ways wrote:
oh? is your analysis of the most scummy posts of last six pages so sophisticated that it can't fit in a post?
Seriously, what's with the tone? Saying I can't concisely say it means that I'm struggling to put it into words well, not that I think that I'm "so sophisticated". That's such a bizarre reaction...
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Ouch, that was a disaster. Let's try again.
In post 139, Fifty Ways wrote:I'll just let whoever's set to be lynched get lynched and start my campaign all over again, at full force, the following day again and again until one of four conditions is satisfied 1) lucky stops being scummy, 2) someone is more scummy than lucky, 3) I die, 4) he dies.

Fair enough.
In post 139, Fifty Ways wrote:Oh, that's easy. I was simply
compelled
by the power of your totally right argument.
Funny that you're accusing Lucky of not answering your questions then you go and give sarcastic crap as an answer to a question I asked you. Either what you answered was true and you just said it sarcastically because you're full of sour grapes, or you straight-up refused to answer my question. Either way, please clarify.
In post 139, Fifty Ways wrote:
Seriously, what's with the tone? Saying I can't concisely say it means that I'm struggling to put it into words well, not that I think that I'm "so sophisticated". That's such a bizarre reaction...
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Also, surely you understand why I'm calling you stubborn? To get a lynch before deadline, we're going to have to come to an agreement on lynching somebody
who may not be everyone's first choice
. Why do you think you're exempt from this? It's incredibly anti-town to not be willing to try to get a lynch happening that you're at least happy with, even if it's not your number one preference...
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I don't think I've ever been tunneled by a player as hard as fifty is tunneling me. I kind of want to flip now just to show how wrong he is. I mean at this point, he has committed so hard to me that he will probably get lynched for it tomorrow when I flip town today. If we get to the deadline and have no lynch, feel free to vote me. I'll look for an alternative.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 am

Post by JKMatthews »

The real question, Lucky, is do you think that Fifty
should
get lynched for it? Why/why not?
Makiavel
Makiavel
Goon
Makiavel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:29 am

Post by Makiavel »

In post 144, Lucky2u wrote:I don't think I've ever been tunneled by a player as hard as fifty is tunneling me. I kind of want to flip now just to show how wrong he is. I mean at this point, he has committed so hard to me that he will probably get lynched for it tomorrow when I flip town today. If we get to the deadline and have no lynch, feel free to vote me. I'll look for an alternative.
The only problem with that is that if the others want to lynch him next round and he turns out to turn villager, that'd mean 2 villagers lost if you are villager aswell. I'm not really willing to vote any of you two for that reason. As much as I appreciate how much you defend me Fifty, I believe it'd be in the town's interest if we call it quits now. Wouldn't want to get lynched due to you defending me and I read you as town right now, so it'd be a loss / loss situation for any of us two to be lynched in my point of view.

At this point I'm not a fan of how Kcdas is lurking heavily, is it me or he didn't post any game content in a while ? I'll probably vote him later on if this keeps up.
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 am

Post by Fifty Ways »

LUCKY

WHY DON'T YOU JUST RESPOND TO MY CASE???

You are giving me every reason to keep tunnelling you. DO SOMETHING.
Fifty Ways
Fifty Ways
Goon
Fifty Ways
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:50 am

Post by Fifty Ways »

Funny that you're accusing Lucky of not answering your questions then you go and give sarcastic crap as an answer to a question I asked you. Either what you answered was true and you just said it sarcastically because you're full of sour grapes, or you straight-up refused to answer my question. Either way, please clarify.
I told you already that I've declared no contest.
It's completely ridiculous to say you have good reasons to vote for someone, but can't put those reasons into words right now. That's why I used that tone.
Also, surely you understand why I'm calling you stubborn? To get a lynch before deadline, we're going to have to come to an agreement on lynching somebody who may not be everyone's first choice. Why do you think you're exempt from this? It's incredibly anti-town to not be willing to try to get a lynch happening that you're at least happy with, even if it's not your number one preference...
Um, yeah. I'm quite aware that I am being stubborn. That's my strategy for getting lucky dead.

It's not antitown because it is an exercise of leverage to get scum dead.

I see that still no one can explain why someone else is more worthy of my vote than lucky. You guys are just frustrating.

IF YOU WANT ME TO MOVE MY VOTE, GIVE ME A REASON TO
That's for lucky and for everyone who thinks someone else should be lynched.
Bertkerberos
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Bertkerberos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Bertkerberos »

catching up momentarily....

please wait <3
Meet the heads: Dr. Dre is Nachomamma8, the mentor; 50 Cent is Bert, the troll who never dies.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”