Open 519: Enemy of my Enemy (GAME OVER!)

TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 48, NoctanNights wrote:
Why Noctan?
Because you haven't contributed or done anything that remotely resembles town behavior. I just reread all your posts and immediately regretted wasting those 45 seconds of my life. Plus there was your little slip in post 10 about not being mafia (Jason pointed to this in post 11.) Fishy fishy. Who's your pal?

Varsoon, easy bro. Just a joke. Let me see your town game. Bring the scum hunting supreme.

-Bauss-
"Bauss is cooler than Rank." - Varsoon
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 50, TunnelVision wrote:
In post 48, NoctanNights wrote:
Why Noctan?
Because you haven't contributed or done anything that remotely resembles town behavior. I just reread all your posts and immediately regretted wasting those 45 seconds of my life. Plus there was your little slip in post 10 about not being mafia (Jason pointed to this in post 11.) Fishy fishy. Who's your pal?

Varsoon, easy bro. Just a joke. Let me see your town game. Bring the scum hunting supreme.

-Bauss-
It's RVS, so not to be rude, but no shit. And yes, I forgot there were werewolves, as I'm used to regular mafia. How should I contribute, exactly? Nobody has said anything. Your posts wasted a few seconds of my life as well, so why don't you seem to realize that we're just starting to get out of RVS, and that I obviously haven't said anything useful, because there's nothng to say!
I'm an ethereal shadow demon who sucks the souls out of mortals. I am your worst nightmare......

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Baezu »

I'm actually not feeling Rail Tracer. He's leading the wagon without any real justification and he hasn't really said anything useful.

VOTE: Rail Tracer
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Bauss: I'm really bent out of shape today. People on here have rubbed me the wrong way since my ban. I shouldn't be on these forums in my current state.

-V
Rail Tracer
Rail Tracer
Goon
Rail Tracer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Rail Tracer »

noctan wrote:Why Noctan?
Even apart from some of the nuances in your posts giving me a gut scum read on you, I'm not liking your contributions to the game so far at all.

What are your thoughts on the game so far? Do you have any reads yet?
baezu wrote:I'm actually not feeling Rail Tracer. He's leading the wagon without any real justification and he hasn't really said anything useful.
What do you think is wrong with the reasons for my vote?

Do you think it's more likely that town or scum would lead a wagon on someone this early in the game, as opposed to letting the game stagnate?

What are
your
thoughts on Noctan? Or anyone else for that matter?
It's begun. It's too late now. There's no going back. I have become the Rail Tracer!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 52, Baezu wrote:I'm actually not feeling Rail Tracer. He's leading the wagon without any real justification and he hasn't really said anything useful.

Ummm there is justification?

And i'm the one that started the wagon aren't i?

What do i instantly get off scrutiny for the same thing?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 am

Post by CityElectric »

In post 23, Rail Tracer wrote:It wasn't RVS.

The flippant nature of his posts about mafia and werewolves struck me as scummy.

What are your thoughts on his posts so far?
All sorts of meh. Lot of personality-apologizing-just-so-you-know-in-advance-this-is-just-the-way-I-am bullshit that really gets my read nowhere, as both town and scum have a clear motivation to do it, so just skip it and get on with the game. rubs me slightly the wrong way as well, but I can't exactly put my finger on why.

Rail Tracer's and feel a little off to me as well, but again, can't put my finger on the why. I think it's because 42 feels like he's pressing the wagon, but he seems to back off a little in 44.

Also I'm positive there is someone who hasn't posted yet (a quick inspection of the player list shows that it's Millie936) and a few people are posting a little too little to my liking. I'd love to get their input as well.
Rail Tracer
Rail Tracer
Goon
Rail Tracer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 am

Post by Rail Tracer »

I was pressing the wagon.

I like wagons. The closer they get to L-1 the better.
It's begun. It's too late now. There's no going back. I have become the Rail Tracer!
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 56, CityElectric wrote:Lot of personality-apologizing-just-so-you-know-in-advance-this-is-just-the-way-I-am bullshit that really gets my read nowhere, as both town and scum have a clear motivation to do it, so just skip it and get on with the game. Post 51 rubs me slightly the wrong way as well, but I can't exactly put my finger on why.

Rail Tracer's Post 42 and Post 44 feel a little off to me as well, but again, can't put my finger on the why. I think it's because 42 feels like he's pressing the wagon, but he seems to back off a little in 44.
Agreed on the first paragraph, disagreed on the second. I don't think that "If not my guy, who do you suspect" really qualifies as backing off so much as it's just trying to press Varsoon for info.

Rank
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Belisarius »

Vote Count 1.3NoctanNights (4) : JasonWazza, Rail Tracer, Elyse, Varsoon
CityElectric (2) TunnelVision, thenewearth
Varsoon (2) : NoctanNights, NSin
JasonWazza (1) : CityElectric
RailTracer (1) : Baezu
50 Shades of Purple (1) : Joanneo409

TunnelVision (1) : 50 Shades of Purple

Not Voting: Millie936

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2013-08-27 12:00:00)

50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:04 am

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

In post 42, Rail Tracer wrote:Why are people dropping RVS votes and not commenting on anything?

What are your thoughts on Noctan so far, Varsoon? Or the rest of the game for that matter.
50 shades wrote:worried about how you are going to come across?

VOTE: tunnel vision
Why not Noctan?
why would we vote noctan?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:09 am

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

In post 52, Baezu wrote:I'm actually not feeling Rail Tracer. He's leading the wagon without any real justification and he hasn't really said anything useful.

not a bad choice but tv is tastier did you see how he was all like "ack! ack! ack! who is the other head in purple?????"
Rail Tracer
Rail Tracer
Goon
Rail Tracer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Rail Tracer »

Because the reasons you gave for voting tunnel vision could be equally applied to noctan's post on the first page.

So why tunnel vision over noctan?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 55, JasonWazza wrote:

Ummm there is justification?

And i'm the one that started the wagon aren't i?

What do i instantly get off scrutiny for the same thing?
What is your justification?

I know you're the one who started the wagon but rail jumped on with no real justification.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 54, Rail Tracer wrote:
Even apart from some of the nuances in your posts giving me a gut scum read on you, I'm not liking your contributions to the game so far at all.

baezu wrote:I'm actually not feeling Rail Tracer. He's leading the wagon without any real justification and he hasn't really said anything useful.

Do you think it's more likely that town or scum would lead a wagon on someone this early in the game, as opposed to letting the game stagnate?

What are
your
I think scum is more likely to push a wagon for flimsy reasons early on because they don't care who gets lynched as long as it's town and in the beginning of a game there's no real reason to know a person's alignment unless you're scum.

To answer your other questions I am now compiling a list of reads on everyone
Show

Rail Tracer
Rail Tracer
Goon
Rail Tracer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Rail Tracer »

Well, firstly, we're in a multiball game here, so even if I were scum, it'd still be in my best interest to hunt for scum.

Secondly, that's just bad theory - getting wagons going and seeing who does and doesn't jump on and why is how I get my reads early on. You seem to be mistaking me pressing the wagon with me definitely wanting him lynched today.

Thirdly, you haven't actually explained why you think the reasons are flimsy. What reasons would you not consider flimsy at this point in the game?
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 61, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:not a bad choice but tv is tastier did you see how he was all like "ack! ack! ack! who is the other head in purple?????"
This is probably the most glaringly incorrect restatement of somebody else's position/opinion I've seen so far this game.

ACK ACK ACK? Where? IIRC... you referenced a post where Rank made a joke about the Daddy nickname and poked fun at himself in the process? (Inside joke there, so maybe you missed it, but "Rank" is short for "Rank Stranger" which is a nickname that he assigned himself in a strange/creepy fashion... mostly because he's a banjo playing creep.)

Who is the other head in purple? That's a wonderfully legit question if anybody decides to look at your meta. As a hydra, we don't hide our identities... why are you hiding one of yours? As a matter of fact, we even sign our posts (Rank forgets sometimes because he's of failing mental health), just so people can analyze and follow our thoughts/meta more easily. Transparency bro. Where's yours? Why you hiding?

-Bauss-
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 65, Rail Tracer wrote:Well, firstly, we're in a multiball game here, so even if I were scum, it'd still be in my best interest to hunt for scum.

Secondly, that's just bad theory - getting wagons going and seeing who does and doesn't jump on and why is how I get my reads early on. You seem to be mistaking me pressing the wagon with me definitely wanting him lynched today.

Thirdly, you haven't actually explained why you think the reasons are flimsy. What reasons would you not consider flimsy at this point in the game?
I get my reads differently. I get them from people's reactions. Those reasons I don't consider flimsy. In fact most reasons aren't flimsy but I'm gonna ask again - what is the reason that you're on the wagon?
Show

TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:20 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 66, TunnelVision wrote:As a matter of fact, we even sign our posts (Rank forgets sometimes because he's of failing mental health), just so people can analyze and follow our thoughts/meta more easily.
lol. I salute you, sir. I am pwnt.

As for 50purple's comment, do you think he's fishing for a reaction or do you think he's afeared of the tunnel and hoping to eliminate us early? I smell fear.

Rank
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Baezu »

What's pwnt?
Show

Rail Tracer
Rail Tracer
Goon
Rail Tracer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Rail Tracer »

@baezu,

Are you asking why my vote is currently on Noctan or why I initially voted Noctan? Because I think I've pretty clearly explained both of these already and it shouldn't be too difficult to find my stance.

How do you get your reads, if not from reactions to wagons?

Also how's that list of reads you said you were compiling back in #64 going?
TunnelVision
TunnelVision
Goon
TunnelVision
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:22 am

Post by TunnelVision »

In post 69, Baezu wrote:What's pwnt?
Ask Varsoon.

Rank
NSin
NSin
Goon
NSin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 am

Post by NSin »

In post 19, NSin wrote:VOTE: Varsoon
any lynch on Varsoon is a good lynch
If that rubbed you the wrong way, I apologize.
Nyahahahahahahaha.
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 54, Rail Tracer wrote:

What are
your
1. There have been no contributions, because we just got out of RVS? I'm curious as to why you try to tunnel me instead of anyone else. You even ask 'Why not Noctan?' when someone voted me? It is a little curious to why you mention my name in particular instead of asking why they voted the person they voted for. Also, I tend to make a readslist at at least over 100 posts, and do you have good solid reads? Your post suggests so.

2. Well I'm already at L-3 in less than 100 posts. I know you're not asking me, but you voted me for not mentioning werewolves, when I'm used to regular mafia, and because I haven't contributed. Well, we were barely at 50 posts at the time, so I don't know why that would be so big of a reason.
In post 62, Rail Tracer wrote:Because the reasons you gave for voting tunnel vision could be equally applied to noctan's post on the first page.

So why tunnel vision over noctan?
....Have I met you before? Have I ever angered you in some way? Anyway, why are you defending tunnel, when the post you quoted says the reasons another voted tunnel are more or less the same? If they are the same reasons, why are you just saying 'Well, Noctan, obviously'? You're pushing my wagon in under 100 posts. If you don't think they are the same, why not ask that? You and tunnel could be scum buddies, but again, no solid reads.
In post 65, Rail Tracer wrote:Well, firstly, we're in a multiball game here, so even if I were scum, it'd still be in my best interest to hunt for scum.

Just addressing this, if you think the reasons are indeed flimsy, then why are you pushing wagons this early? And why mine in particular? You ask everyone's thoughts on me, you ask everyone why they're not voting me, etc. Only until recently you asked someone for thoughts on others besides me, but put me in a different group.
I'm an ethereal shadow demon who sucks the souls out of mortals. I am your worst nightmare......

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 70, Rail Tracer wrote:@baezu,

Are you asking why my vote is currently on Noctan or why I initially voted Noctan? Because I think I've pretty clearly explained both of these already and it shouldn't be too difficult to find my stance.

1. How do you get your reads, if not from reactions to wagons?

2. Also how's that list of reads you said you were compiling back in #64 going?
In post 67, Baezu wrote:I get them from people's reactions
2. Sorry, some people have to work and my work does not allow me to access mafiascum. I'm home now and doing so...patience, please
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”