Open 511: Diffusion of Power: (Mod Abandoned)

Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by Saki »

In post 688, mnemonicdevice wrote:Wow. I come to the fourm after, 3 days being gone. Saki quick/derp hammers. And yet there aren't many votes on her? I say we quicklynch her right back.

VOTE: SAKI

EXPLANATION NEEDED FROM YOU.
Like. A catch-up post that contains "hey why hasn't X died for something stupid yet?" and a vote.
>_>
And people blame me for not contributing.
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

*shrug*

It was bad, but really no worse than any of the other votes on you today.

I'm going to get food, watch some stuff, and then start reading some ISOs in this game.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:56 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 692, zMuffinMan wrote:@noctan,

(1) It's common in other mafia games because other mafia games
usually
require claims for more information. In this game, that's not the case. Consider this a special game where claims aren't important. You can still claim intent to hammer if you'd like, but it's not necessary. That said, if people are completely contradicting their earlier reads and hammering people they think are town, then you'd have something to be suspicious of but that's not the case here...
(2) That doesn't make any sense. Please try to use logic to explain your thought process here. Venrob-scum claims day vig in a setup where it's known that there's no dayvig and this makes him scum because........ magical reasons? What do you think of my play so far, or is that irrelevant in your read? Who else do you think is scum? Give me two other names.

@oriole,

The "scum aren't on the wagon" bit actually made me think town. I can see Saki possibly saying that as scum, but the way in which it was said made me think town (the justification for it makes sense, and I didn't sense any ulterior motive).

I don't really see why people are reading Saki as scum, and I imagine this is another case similar to ZZZX and DCL.

@Titus,

OK, but that's just a difference of opinion between you and Saki. Why do you think this makes Saki scum?

@mnem,

Who do you think is scum if Saki is town?

You really REALLY should have worded your previous posts better. I thought you were talking about claiming roles. I was just looking for an explanation, and I got one.
I'm an ethereal shadow demon who sucks the souls out of mortals. I am your worst nightmare......

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:59 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 687, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 652, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:I'll be V/LA for a bit but I'll still post today. That post will contain all of my thoughts.

And Mod- you have Saki voting both DCL and ZZZ.

Fixed. Thanks. Also, would appreciate knowing when your V/LA is going to end.
V/LA ends Tuesday but I'll still post a bit so I guess it's not really a V/LA but I am technically on vacation.
In post 684, NoctanNights wrote:
In post 681, zMuffinMan wrote:I know what you're saying, but you're wrong.
Not really...kind of a commn thing in mafia games, but we all have our own opinions don't we?
In post 682, zMuffinMan wrote:Who do you think is scum?
Your slot is still very suspicious. What I kind get over is Venrob threatening to davig when there is no dayvig in this set up.
Muffin seems to me as town and I really don't like how you say that Venrob threatening to dayvig is scummy because that would really be idiotic and is more VI behavior.
That's not all, I just don't like it. It's a gut feeling, if I had a solid theory I would have voted, wouldn't I?
I'm an ethereal shadow demon who sucks the souls out of mortals. I am your worst nightmare......

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:06 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 691, Saki wrote:Think simplistically. Who would people suspect outright after ZZZX's flip? The person that hammered. Also, the people that were on the wagon but had suspicious as hell votes (e.g. Titus)
1. Exactly. Muffin, I wanted an explanation of the hammer because he didn't intend to hammer which usually has reasons as to why. I was just joking around with the
INTENT TO HAMMER
thing. Just something I would have done, and was in the process of doing until Saki did.

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:21 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 686, Titus wrote:
In post 665, Saki wrote:
In post 664, Titus wrote:I was just about ready to unvote you Saki and then you make your second post stating scum likely wasn't on a mislynch. Why the hell not?
Easiest way to not draw the attention of the cop: not be on the main wagon.
If I was an n1 cop, I would definitely look at the lurkers who avoided the main wagon. Gives them cover. I'll know the inactives on a mislynch will likely be first up if there's no derp hammer.
Eh. Depends on the flip, obviously. But there can be scum on the main wagon, If a person is town but there are good reasons to vote for them, scum eat that shit up.
In post 688, mnemonicdevice wrote:Wow. I come to the fourm after, 3 days being gone. Saki quick/derp hammers. And yet there aren't many votes on her? I say we quicklynch her right back.

What fat meatheaded sack of shit sold you this pot? (reference) How was it a quickhammer, and why the fuck would you want to quicklynch? This post screams scum.
In post 689, Paschendale wrote:
In post 671, NoctanNights wrote:Same. I really thought DCL was. ZZZ was pulled just ahead. Was about to
CLAIM INTENT
but then Saki hammered. And everybody was asking people to post and complained about inactivity, so why are you singling ME out?
Because you were doing significantly better earlier on and then declined. And it was noticeable.
In post 674, Taskmaster wrote:Hey Pasche, I was stalking NS's games and saw you guys just finished 495

Want to know what's bugging me? You pulled the same "oh my scumreads just flipped town" ruse there.

You were scum there.

DP
Confirmation bias, much?

Let's hear something good from Saki, I agree.
How was I doing 'good' early on? You're talking about me bitching about inactivity, correct? Well, sorry, there was nothing really to say at the time.
In post 697, zMuffinMan wrote:
saki wrote:I missed noctan.
Don't think he's scum, either, though.
Why? I'm having a hard time distinguishing between terrible town logic and scum logic in Noctan's posts
How the fuck is it terrible town/scum logic to joke about intending to hammer? If there's other reasons, please go on. I'm all ears.

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:24 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I wasn't talking about that when I mentioned terrible logic, but I do think your vote on Saki is bad.

What I was referring to was you suggesting that you thought Venrob was scummy because he claimed day vig.

That's either terrible town logic or scum logic.

Which is why I asked you to explain it.

And you still haven't.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:43 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 706, zMuffinMan wrote:I wasn't talking about that when I mentioned terrible logic, but I do think your vote on Saki is bad.

What I was referring to was you suggesting that you thought Venrob was scummy because he claimed day vig.

That's either terrible town logic or scum logic.

Which is why I asked you to explain it.

And you still haven't.
Why? I wanted an explanation and got one. Should people not explain reasons for doing things?

You must have missed my post. I said it wasn't just that, it's a gut feeling. I just for some reason keep thinking of the dayvig thing.

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:44 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 703, NoctanNights wrote:
In post 687, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 652, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:I'll be V/LA for a bit but I'll still post today. That post will contain all of my thoughts.

And Mod- you have Saki voting both DCL and ZZZ.

Fixed. Thanks. Also, would appreciate knowing when your V/LA is going to end.
V/LA ends Tuesday but I'll still post a bit so I guess it's not really a V/LA but I am technically on vacation.
In post 684, NoctanNights wrote:
In post 681, zMuffinMan wrote:I know what you're saying, but you're wrong.
Not really...kind of a commn thing in mafia games, but we all have our own opinions don't we?
In post 682, zMuffinMan wrote:Who do you think is scum?
Your slot is still very suspicious. What I kind get over is Venrob threatening to davig when there is no dayvig in this set up.
Muffin seems to me as town and I really don't like how you say that Venrob threatening to dayvig is scummy because that would really be idiotic and is more VI behavior.
That's not all, I just don't like it. It's a gut feeling, if I had a solid theory I would have voted, wouldn't I?
In post 704, NoctanNights wrote:
In post 691, Saki wrote:Think simplistically. Who would people suspect outright after ZZZX's flip? The person that hammered. Also, the people that were on the wagon but had suspicious as hell votes (e.g. Titus)
1. Exactly. Muffin, I wanted an explanation of the hammer because he didn't intend to hammer which usually has reasons as to why. I was just joking around with the
INTENT TO HAMMER
thing. Just something I would have done, and was in the process of doing until Saki did.
Here.

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Goon
Taskmaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:49 am

Post by Taskmaster »

will judge Noctan later, but I have a gut town read on N64.

Made a mistake Pasche, its not the Baezu slot but the ZZZ slot that you opportunistically jumped on. And meta is consistent.

People should vote Pasche.

BTW, what does Saki quickhammering prove here? Quickhammered in a game with 2 roles? which we all could have? Saki quickhammers a lot. Mnemonic was being very opportunistic.

Also, why wont scum be on the wagon?

Could noctan be scummy? Maybe, the intent to hammer bit looks like "Im gaining your towncredz!!!" and now claiming its a joke. That is bad.

ns
Hydra of notscience and DoctorPepper. Yes, seriously.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Paschendale »

Noctan and Mnemonic both look like pretty solid choices right now. Noctan is trying to play off his suspicious behavior as just a joke, which is bullshit. Mnemonic should know better than to call for a quicklynch. Let me guess, that's a joke too, right? I'm good with either of them right now in addition to Baezu.

Notscience, you're just trying to make me fit with some kind of idea in your head. And you're relying on misreps and lies to do it. There was nothing opportunistic about my vote on ZZZ. I made arguments and discussed his wagon for a while, then decided I agreed with it and voted. That's kind of the opposite of opportunism.
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:34 am

Post by NoctanNights »

In post 671, NoctanNights wrote:
In post 669, Paschendale wrote:I see N64 as fairly towny. TMT has been scummy the whole game. I had Taskmaster pretty town until this last bit. The blatant lying is hard to ignore.

I had a town lean on Noctan to begin with, but it's been slipping as he flailed around and just complained about inactivity. He started out like he was going to be a solid contributor, and then stopped. Playing it safe by not giving solid opinions and standing behind them feels scum to me.

I'm not sure about Mnemonic. Why do you suspect him?

Titus is playing her fairly standard town game. So, it's not a strong lean, but it's definitely a town lean.

My top two scumreads are dead, and both flipped town. So I'm going to be a little cautious.
Same. I really thought DCL was. ZZZ was pulled just ahead. Was about to
CLAIM INTENT
but then Saki hammered. And everybody was asking people to post and complained about inactivity, so why are you singling ME out?
Here is the post I mentioned this. Totally off topic thing, I was poking at Saki. This some fucking how got Muffin to think I voted Saki for not doing so. Wrong. I wanted an explanation, (to why he voted) as typically that's what happens. How many fucking times do I need to say this? If I have to say it one more time, I'm going to bash my head into a wall until I slump to the floor, dead.
In post 709, Taskmaster wrote:will judge Noctan later, but I have a gut town read on N64.

Made a mistake Pasche, its not the Baezu slot but the ZZZ slot that you opportunistically jumped on. And meta is consistent.

People should vote Pasche.

BTW, what does Saki quickhammering prove here? Quickhammered in a game with 2 roles? which we all could have? Saki quickhammers a lot. Mnemonic was being very opportunistic.

Also, why wont scum be on the wagon?

Could noctan be scummy? Maybe, the intent to hammer bit looks like "Im gaining your towncredz!!!" and now claiming its a joke. That is bad.

ns
I just said I would have done so. Not a big deal, and how was I appealing town during that? Muffin stated I voted Saki because of the hammer, and I didn't. I was poking fun at him that he didn't. Refer to what I said above.

P-Edit- ....And there goes Pasch, repeating what everybody has been saying. And you people say
I
try to get towncred...

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
Voodoo Lady
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Voodoo Lady »

Last edited by Voodoo Lady on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Baezu »

Damn, MD, this is scummy as shit. Im'a have to let my pasch vote wait for a bit.

VOTE: MnemonicDevice
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Voodoo Lady
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by Voodoo Lady »

VOTE COUNT 2.2
TMTOLBTWNTOF - 0
Baezu - 2 (N64Lord, Paschendale)
oriole - 0
N64Lord - 0
Paschendale - 1 (Taskmaster)
Saki - 3 (Titus, oriole, mnemonicdevice)
zMuffinMan - 0
mnemonicdevice - 1 (Saki, Baezu)
Titus - 0
NoctanNights - 0
Taskmaster - 0
Not Voting - TMTOLBTWNTOF, zMuffinMan, Titus, NoctanNights

Six players are needed to form a majority.

The deadline is midnight August 29th-- 12 days from now.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Is the Saki wagon really just over the quickhammer?
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Goon
Taskmaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Taskmaster »

Muffin, I did a little meta research.

I skimmed his town games, did not once find a similar occurence.

Also, he did the whole "Omg suspecting me grrrr" thing as scum too.

Yeah, Pasch needs rope. Saki, you should sheep us

DP
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Titus »

@Paschendale, not really. Reread #547 until my comment about the random number generator. That fuels a bit of my suspicion as well.

@Taskmaster, can you explain to me why Paschendale needs rope?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Goon
Taskmaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Taskmaster »

This is kinda meta-based.

I checked a game he just finished with NS, he did the similar "oh he flipped town and I thought he was scum hm" bit, as well as attack people who called him scum.

I skimmed over his town games and couldn't find either of these.

DP
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by Titus »

Can you make a non-meta based case? I really don't like meta.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

NN wrote:it's a gut feeling.
Based on what? My posts? Predecessors? Point me to posts that gave you this gut feeling if you can't describe it.
Task wrote:I skimmed his town games, did not once find a similar occurence.
I'm not really asking about whether he
has
done it as town, but why this makes him scum in this game, just because he did it once before as scum.

For example (and this is what I wanted you to clarify in my : would you have expected something different from him as town and legitimately found out he was wrong about both his scum reads?

Yes, he's done it as scum, I can see that, but that's not my issue here.

Regardless, when I do go over ISOs, I'll take an extra close look over Paschendale for you and tell you what I find.

Hopefully I'll get to this later, but if I don't, I'll make it a priority when I wake up tomorrow.
NoctanNights
NoctanNights
Goon
NoctanNights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:59 am

Post by NoctanNights »

Besides Venrob and all his fucked up shit, Wolf was slightly suspicious as well. Just look at tge ISOs.I just woke up 5 minutes ago and need to think for a little bit.

I ALSO LOVE KITTENS!!!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:23 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I read Venrob/RW in ISO before asking to replace into this game.

I did this because I wanted a nice, relaxing open game
as town

Yes, I thought they were town before asking to replace in.

So asking me to find the scummy stuff you see in their ISOs doesn't make sense to me. Thus I asked you to point me to it.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Saki »

In post 662, Saki wrote:
In post 645, Voodoo Lady wrote:his name was the easiest to spell
Lies! That's my name.

In post 649, NoctanNights wrote:....For an explanation of the random ass hammer.
In post 651, Titus wrote:I want a reason for that hammer as well.
Here:
In post 611, ZZZX wrote:feel free to vote me
In post 621, ZZZX wrote:vote me and finish it,
In post 611, ZZZX wrote:lynch me and you will be the one affected
In post 611, ZZZX wrote:this is my only defence
AtE as last and only line of defense, scummy for various reasons pointed out D1.
And I like hammers. I probably won't pass up a hammer given the opportunity.
Hey noctan, hey Titus. Reaction to this?

Zero feedback?

You asked for it and you don't want to say anything about my answer?
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Saki »

In post 662, Saki wrote:
In post 645, Voodoo Lady wrote:his name was the easiest to spell
Lies! That's my name.

In post 649, NoctanNights wrote:....For an explanation of the random ass hammer.
In post 651, Titus wrote:I want a reason for that hammer as well.
Here:
In post 611, ZZZX wrote:feel free to vote me
In post 621, ZZZX wrote:vote me and finish it,
In post 611, ZZZX wrote:lynch me and you will be the one affected
In post 611, ZZZX wrote:this is my only defence
AtE as last and only line of defense, scummy for various reasons pointed out D1.
And I like hammers. I probably won't pass up a hammer given the opportunity.
Hey noctan, hey Titus. Reaction to this?

Zero feedback?

You asked for it and you don't want to say anything about my answer?
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed

Return to “Completed Open Games”