Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Bert »

Kay then.

My initial gut reads are still you and Mara are town and everyone else I am still working on parsing out what my feelings are. I'm gonna argue with people and annoy people and feel people out that way, help me get engaged

Have you been a meta-girl thus far in this game
TheGarantula
TheGarantula
Goon
TheGarantula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by TheGarantula »

While you're at it, there's .
MATHEMATICAL!
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 308, TheGarantula wrote:
In post 292, Bert wrote:
In post 290, Empire wrote:Tammy, whenever you get a chance, would like to hear your thoughts on Bert specifically.
Woah, woah. Why are you asking Tammy about me? Why don't you make some of your own comments first.
In post 288, TheGarantula wrote: Could you elaborate on why the claim was scummy?
He was at lynch -3. Not lynch -2. Not lynch -1. Lynch -3. And he was not obligated to claim under the circumstances.
I get that it's unorthodox, but why is it scummy? What is the scum motivation behind it?
Scum motivation - trying to sound GENUINE. "Hi, I'm just a Vanilla. I give up, and it's only lynch -3, but you know guys I totally feel like today I am the lynch. please spare me. here's my claim."

For a vastly experienced player, heck, one that has a vast experience in mafia (whether it be on here or outside the site), this kind of thing just rings up all kinds of bells.

And then there's the self-vote. "I VOTE MYSELF" and then a few minutes after a little mercy/room given, he quickly rescinds the self-vote and quickly goes back to voting Nachomamma.

I find myself wondering if it's an act
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by Generic »

You reminded me where my vote was initially, I wrote my unvote while noone else had voted, yours I pedited so it came in while I was typing, and if you feel that way bert why aren't you voting for me?

Tammy, you say you were going to choose me, put the vote down,

Because mara may have said she wasn't claiming my comments were a tactic to win s poxy game of mafia, but you certainly are implying it bert so fucking put your vote where your accusations are.
Are are you too chicken shot to actually pull the trigger and get your own hands fmdurty?

There, is that a tactical lay for sympathy? Goodnight.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by Bert »

Not voting you because Im not sure about you

Also, I've seen outbursts like yours come from scum too

So I am biding my time, no hurry, looking from all angles
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by Generic »

Then whoever those people are they have hot no fucking self respect.
Because I guarantee you one thing bert, I will never use my home life as a weapon in an online game. A fucking game.

I've endgamed twice out of the three times I've been mafia on this site. Not one of those games do I bring in cheap tricks to get there, I simply play the game.

And I noticed you never denied that you are accusing me if using me home life to avoid being lynches. Classy person you are.
TheGarantula
TheGarantula
Goon
TheGarantula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by TheGarantula »

Let's all agree not to reference Generic's home life from now on!
MATHEMATICAL!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Generic »

Noted garantula. I think it's best I stop saying anything right now,
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Bert »

I am not sure about you because of your self-defeatist tone about how you shouldn't be lynched and that the cases on you are BS.

I apologize for being ornery. I never brought up or referenced your home life, so I don't even know how that topic sprang up out of nowhere. Let's move on, seriously.

If you're not enjoying this game at all, you're free to replace out whenever you think it wise
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Generic »

And let someone else inherit this mess?

No, I think the best course if action for me now is to not post anything unless its constructively responding to someone.

Since I've now been awake 23 hours... Maybe I should address that problem too.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Gart- no, Mara pointed her digits at Generic and he went off, went off even more when desperado asked his question. Mara has been accusing and generic been defensive.
I am not fully sure what to make now, claiming early is not helpful but I have done it both ways...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

oh and given his claimed experience, he had to know damn well what he was doing... I don't like it...
TheGarantula
TheGarantula
Goon
TheGarantula
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by TheGarantula »

I believe a large part of Marangal's case was literally OMGUS:
In post 96, Ms Marangal wrote:My argument is, the things you Should expect me to do based on what you know and things that you are calling me out on don't Mesh. That's what I found suspicious.
She's saying that the fact that he isn't reading her correctly, given his experience, implicates him as scum. How is that not OMGUS?
Also, they both referenced their past experience, and they both tried to build ethos with it. Why does that make Generic scum but not Ms Marangal? This discrepancy seems very odd.

Finally, the fact that Generic is experienced would lead me to believe that he
wouldn't
try something so lame as hara-kiri-ing as scum. I think it's a null tell.
MATHEMATICAL!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 328, Generic wrote: Tammy, you say you were going to choose me, put the vote down,
I said I was near ready to vote. I have to get far more annoyed than I am to lay down an annoyance vote.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Tammy »

I think there's another question or two I need to answer but I'm going to sleep.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

prod dodge.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Im back! Generic is still town on this page, are people still voting him or did you have an epiphany while I was asleep?
Gonna outright state that I don't like Bert's posting, or what I'm seeing of the attacks on Generic on this page either. I know this is ~*situational*~ but most early vanilla claims come from real live vanillas who think they're worthless. Generic has been posting from the start like someone who doesn't have a claim to save them. If you were actually equating his claim with his play you might have noticed this, instead of claiming that experienced players sometimes have experience in getting balls Vanilla roles then having the entire game want to lynch them for no reason and then they claim and expect to be offed NOT THAT IM BITTER OR ANYTHING.

Anyways this is all IIOA, I've learned lots about the game state from reading this post but nothing about why it was scummy other then shitty paranoia that has no analysis behind it. Gonna read if Desperado is still a huge jerk before putting down a big girl vote.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Bert »

^Wow, talk about being wildly confident (too confident almost) that Generic is town and was obviously just a VT from the beginning...
*shrug*
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

The first thing I see is that Bert doesn't like me either. Psychic puppy. post #275 is the same kind of iioa noise as earlier on this page. 'timing etc scream scum' but 'personal life not sure'. You even come to the realization the argument is a waste of time, so why do you keep coming back to it if it's just letting you repeat the same thing over and over? If you don't want to vote Generic and don't want the pile-on to continue YOU SHOULDN'T BE ENCOURAGING IT BY DREDGING IT UP AGAIN.
I didn't like the paranoia about Empire asking Tammy about Bert either actually. It's not the first time this game Empire has done this, so caring when it's about you is overdefensive. You have a town read on Tammy, what were you afraid she was going to say?
Pfft I guess you were since you freaked out at her not calling you town. Suddenly you're not sure how you feel about Tammy after all! (maybe she can't read you bcause you're scum)
Best of all despite you firing off questions and harrassing Tammy, you don't appear to have any suspects. Did you forget about Peacebringer? You thought Gaiden looked scummy, why are you suspicious of Empire for agreeing with a case on him? The only person you're consistently suspicious of is Empire actually, which is coincidentally someone you haven't voted.
Cut: Wow, it is almost like I have been saying from the star of this fight that Generic is town. Maybe Shadoweh is smart. a little TOO SMART. I would have guessed he was VT before he claimed. Go back and read his attitude, then tell me I'm wrong instead of trying to throw more ~*~wild paranoia~*~ my way.

##Vote: Bert

Desperado: That doesn't answer my question at all. Why did YOU think that I was scum with Generic? You don't just leave someone out of your fave town buddies then question the people who are town reading them about what's up with them unless YOU think there's something wrong with them. And none of those reasons you gave answer my question, unless you mean how you misconstrued something Tammy said, which again doesn't answer why you were pairing us to begin with.

Also reading Empire's THIS IS YOUR MAFIA LIFE posts are creepy yet narcissistic. I like to think I'm naturally cute and it's not just something I do to be evil.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Come on pansy, you don't have a vote down, I'm wild and psychicly crazy, tell me how I'm scum, bring the fucking heat!
The Purple Shoe
The Purple Shoe
Goon
The Purple Shoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by The Purple Shoe »

Generic is town here.

Nacho is town.

Gaiden is scum

Those are my guranteed reads of awesome

VOTE: gaiden
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

...I'm sure I'm not the only one who forgot you were in this game. Considering this is your first real post since the game began, you should post a little more then that. Especially about Gaiden who isn't scummy to half the town?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hey shadoweh you're wrong on bert
love, nacho
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
The Purple Shoe
The Purple Shoe
Goon
The Purple Shoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Post by The Purple Shoe »

In post 346, Shadoweh wrote:...I'm sure I'm not the only one who forgot you were in this game. Considering this is your first real post since the game began, you should post a little more then that. Especially about Gaiden who isn't scummy to half the town?

You should look down at your feet more, that's where I was...........

Someone not being scummy to half the people doesn't make them not scum.

What reason is there in Gaidens posts (only slightly more than mine) that make you so sure of town status
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 261, Llamarble wrote:I sound like scum so far don't I >_>

I guess my town not fully engaged game is kinda similar to my scumgame.
Anyhow I'll make myself useful soon
In post 311, Llamarble wrote: Desperado probably needs to be Chaos Dunked.

VOTE: Desperado
You would be dead if not for these two posts, Llamarble.

Unvote, Vote: Desperado
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”