Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:08 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Jake, the restriction is called 'Ingredient Pick!"

I know nothing about this guy either (or any chef aside from chef Ramsey), so I can't help you there.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 199, Kthxbye wrote:You don't think that 3 post-restricted town roles (with a side of potatoes) is a bit odd?
I once played a game with 2 miller claims, I thought for sure 1 had to be fake. I pushed and pushed and nobody listened to me.

guess what? they were both legit.

post restrictions don't have any bearing over alignment. Nobody is going to let you lead a lynch on the basis of post restriction alone and you have pretty much prevented anyone from letting you lead a lynch for the remainder of the day(possibly the game) with your behavior.

So stop hunting based on post restrictions and at least make an effort to scum hunt. The point that D3 just made about you makes you look REALLY bad and I typically hate lynching claimed PRs on day 1 but since you just claimed macho and nothing else, I am not even 100% sure you are a PR. macho is a modifier to an existing role so until someone gives intent to hammer, focus and do something useful in the off chance you are actually town you can leave being legitimate reads and not idiotic ones.

do you know what they call an apple before dinner? An appletizer
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Jake: Read my thoughts on d3x in post 199 that have nothing to do with Salt covered post restriction roles. d3x's continuation of voting me at L-1 so far from deadline is directly related to his scum game.

See how around Day 3 and Day 4 how he and his scum buddies quicklynch and reduce discussion. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28174

Now see how d3x want's to extend discussion when town. p992 specifically shows how he wants to take advantage of a deadline extension to get a better read on someone lacking in posts. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

This, more so than post-restriction roles, is why more people need to vote d3x. If not today, make sure to lynch him tomorrow after I flip.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 am

Well I can't read his posts so I'm not going to be any help.

What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Nacho cheese

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Alton Brown
Alton Brown
Townie
Alton Brown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:04 am

Post by Alton Brown »

Maestro replaces chkflip.
Rank
Rank
Goon
Rank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:11 am

Post by Rank »

In post 202, Kthxbye wrote:why more people need to vote d3x
I've got a comfortable town read on D3X and I don't think a hail mary meta-read from an L-1 slot is enough to convince me to switch votes, but I will back you off from L-1 just so we can continue the discussion. I do so ONLY because we have so much time left before we need to make a decision. Still completely good with hanging you today.

UNVOTE:
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:51 am

Post by d3x »

I was typing this up and thought it was important enough to blow my last pass for the Day.

Re: the linked games...

Page 40 after 3 MisLynches? Not to mention the huge push on a player who'd posted so little, there was no possible way to read him.

Day 3 and 4 when I'm on the chopping block and my ScumTeam has to pull drastic measures to even compete?

Those have nothing to do with what's happening here. You know that I'm not a huge fan of D1, we've discussed it numerous times. I want D1 to last long enough to get the information that I feel is necessary to go into D2. I have pretty good reads based on what's happened and you've successfully wasted my 2 chances at speaking clearly for the Day.
In post 199, Kthxbye wrote:"His flips this game have made no real sense and he's not trying to account for them"?
Yes, that's what I said {regarding you flipping your Vote back and forth}. Do you deny that you wanted to Lynch your #1 TownRead? Do you deny that you UnVoted me after I posted in a manner that you couldn't read and then Voted me back with a solid TownRead after Jake called a PL on me? Do you deny that your whole case against me up until this point has been "d3x should know I'm Town" {which by the way, says that you knowing that I'm Town}?
You don't think that 3 post-restricted town roles (with a side of potatoes) is a bit odd?
LMAO... I'm Voting for you, aren't I? Seriously, though... I thought I'd said earlier that I think the post restrictions are Null. I'm ignoring them and going off of my Reads. With that in mind, you still haven't accounted for your play in this game and are trying to ignore what I'm posting about you, passing it off as not being able to understand me. You seem to be trying to translate other bits, though... Hmm...

I just noticed that aside from your bs Vote, you didn't even respond to my other 'clear' post; specifically where I outline why this isn't your Town game.
Paranoid d3x doesn't equal a reckless d3x.
Being sure of a Read =/= Reckless. Since I'm stuck with mud in my mouth, it's a lot harder to get my thoughts across clearly. I'm letting my Vote speak for me.
In post 199, Kthxbye wrote:Town d3x doesn't like policy lynches or quick lynches and isn't a part of them.
Are you
really
suggesting that this is a Policy Lynch against you? You're also wrong on the 2nd half of this statement, but I'll get to that in a second.
Now, you are staying on a wagon when town d3x would not. Do you deny this?
Emphatically. I stay on LynchWagons I'm sure of. It's funny that you should conveniently forget me doing that exact thing in the last game we played together. D2 is barely 4 pages long.
In post 199, Kthxbye wrote:Town d3x doesn't let discussion stop....even if he's sure of a person flipping scum.
This is just a bald faced lie and you know it. I pushed for the QuickLynch on Darthe in my referenced game and he wasn't even Scum, just a Townie who lied about his PR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In short- Kthx is flailing Scum. He's lying about my meta. He Voted his top TownRead and hasn't answered for it. He's trying to out guess the Mod and letting that stand for "ScumHunting". He has made no effort towards finding Scum aside from post restrictions.

For a little icing on the cake...
In post 88, Kthxbye wrote:Well, there goes my town read on d3x...literally 180 to scum read.

He damn well knows this is my town play.

VOTE: d3x
This is his 2nd 'Real' Vote on me thus far. He says that I'm Scum because I know this is his TownGame. If I was Scum, I wouldn't have to know his meta, I'd presumably know he was Town just by him not being on my team.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 195, d3x wrote:I egree-a thet roonneeng heem up[ fur
zee poorpuse-a ooff getteeng a Cleeem is
scoommy. Bork bork bork! Roonneeng up becoose-a he's ecteeng unrepentetly scoommy und seyeeng "d3x shuoold knoo better" is nut. Um de hur de hur de hur.

ToonKthx vuoold deffeenitely tuss hees Fute-a eruoond thees ierly, boot I feel he's tryeeng tu poosh hees Toon geme-a effter beeeng cooght. Um de hur de hur de hur. Veet hees nurmel Toon geme-a, he-a is luuse-a veet hees Futeeng, boot zeere's elveys a reesun. Bork bork bork! Hees fleeps thees geme-a hefe-a mede-a nu reel sense-a und he's nut tryeeng tu eccuoont fur zeem.
that is a load of crap, day one is all about feeling out, getting some claims, getting voting patterns, and see what comes up with more information. Any of the "waiting to see if someone does something scummy" is more often than not bull-puckey. Yes, some reactions are worthy of drawing votes. I wouldn't mind a claim here as well. Clearly we know you are going to claim swedish chef but want to hear more (
Vote d3x)
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 am

Post by d3x »

Yuoo're-a meessing zee pueent. Um de hur de hur de hur. Yuoo bulded pert ooff zee senteement, boot nut zee impurtunt pert. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Iff yuoo ere-a pootteeng sumeune-a tu L-1 veet zee sule-a intent tu get a Cleeem, thet is scoommy on account o' yer blatantly RoleFishin'. Bork bork bork!

Oh, und zeere's nu vey in hell I'm Cleeeming et L-6...

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 am

Post by d3x »

In post 207, PeaceBringer wrote:day one is all about feeling out, getting some claims...
Dey1 is nut und shuoold nefer be-a ebuoot getteeng Cleeems. Hmm Bork Bork!

GTKAS - d3x
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:03 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

no it is not role fishing. It is how the game is played. You run someone up. You get a claim. You run someone else up get a claim. You get pressure out there and get people to make opinions. Feel free to ask Jake meta questions regarding me. Since you all frown on self-assessment and self comments. Either that or seek out your own meta conclusion with games from 2004 and 2005 here. Meanwhile I will probably return to banging head on wall.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:04 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 209, d3x wrote:
In post 207, PeaceBringer wrote:day one is all about feeling out, getting some claims...
then were you an old time no lyncher... :bangsheadreallyhardagaintswall: damnthathurts...

SIGH
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 am

Post by d3x »

I'm feene-a veet getteeng a Cleeem et L-1, boot oonce-a zee Cleeem's oooot zeere-a yuoo need tu steeck tu zee Lynch unless zeere's a demn guud reesun tu beck doon {leeke-a a Cup Cleeem}.

Btv- D1 shuoold nefer ind in a Nu Lynch. Bork bork bork!

GTKAS - d3x
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 am

In post 209, d3x wrote:
ok so the trick is to post shorter lol

can you link me to games where you have expressed this same opinion about day 1?

thanks

The apple crossed the street because he wanted to get to the other cider the road.

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 212, d3x wrote:I'm feene-a veet getteeng a Cleeem et L-1, boot oonce-a zee Cleeem's oooot zeere-a yuoo need tu steeck tu zee Lynch unless zeere's a demn guud reesun tu beck doon {leeke-a a Cup Cleeem}.

Btv- D1 shuoold nefer ind in a Nu Lynch. Bork bork bork!
I recognize that by and large the way I play is foreign to folks here. Used to play that way. Now find it helpful to get a claim or 2. Actually you will find my 2004-2005 play to be very much in that vein. However, play evolves and progresses. Back then I railed against the "no lynch" culture that exists. Play as you will, I will play as I will. The differences are not scummy just differences. I like to see at least 2 claims on a day one and put pressure on BGs. It adapts and pendelum swings though.
Rank
Rank
Goon
Rank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Rank »

In post 207, PeaceBringer wrote:
scoommy. Bork bork bork! Roonneeng up becoose-a he's ecteeng unrepentetly scoommy und seyeeng "d3x shuoold knoo better" is nut. Um de hur de hur de hur.

ToonKthx vuoold deffeenitely tuss hees Fute-a eruoond thees ierly, boot I feel he's tryeeng tu poosh hees Toon geme-a effter beeeng cooght. Um de hur de hur de hur. Veet hees nurmel Toon geme-a, he-a is luuse-a veet hees Futeeng, boot zeere's elveys a reesun. Bork bork bork! Hees fleeps thees geme-a hefe-a mede-a nu reel sense-a und he's nut tryeeng tu eccuoont fur zeem.
that is a load of crap, day one is all about feeling out, getting some claims, getting voting patterns, and see what comes up with more information. Any of the "waiting to see if someone does something scummy" is more often than not bull-puckey. Yes, some reactions are worthy of drawing votes. I wouldn't mind a claim here as well. Clearly we know you are going to claim swedish chef but want to hear more (
Vote d3x)
This vote stinks. You aren't even accusing him of being scum. You're just disagreeing on whether or not running up the votes intentionally to get a claim is scummy and then voting for him.

Now that you've got my attention, let's take look at your ISO. Let's see... You've shown some weak efforts to get some lurkers involved, you've discussed your self meta, you've rolefished a number of times, and you've had some lame theory discussion. You aren't doing any scumhunting. Oh, and you've responded with mild hostility to everyone that has addressed you. You look REALLY scummy. I actually feel guilty for not noticing it sooner, and now I'm conflicted on how I feel about kthxbye.

VOTE: PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 215, Rank wrote:
In post 207, PeaceBringer wrote:

Vote d3x)
This vote stinks. You aren't even accusing him of being scum. You're just disagreeing on whether or not running up the votes intentionally to get a claim is scummy and then voting for him.

Now that you've got my attention, let's take look at your ISO. Let's see... You've shown some weak efforts to get some lurkers involved, you've discussed your self meta, you've rolefished a number of times, and you've had some lame theory discussion. You aren't doing any scumhunting. Oh, and you've responded with mild hostility to everyone that has addressed you. You look REALLY scummy. I actually feel guilty for not noticing it sooner, and now I'm conflicted on how I feel about kthxbye.

VOTE: PeaceBringer
Feel free. Mighta wann check my meta though. I do what I do. What does not look like scum hunting to you is scum hunting to me. And I take offense at your saying been aggressive with any who have responded. That is blantant spin.
Rank
Rank
Goon
Rank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Rank »

In post 216, PeaceBringer wrote:And I take offense at your saying been aggressive
Mild hostility: CHECK.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 217, Rank wrote:
In post 216, PeaceBringer wrote:And I take offense at your saying been aggressive
Mild hostility: CHECK.
pot calling kettle black... I get aggressive or not. Ask Jake...
not been that way with everyone.
FYI- I take day one's by and large less seriously as that is the "world" of play I come from where day one posting in 90% schtick. See initial 2004 and the likes of Baby Jesus and others...
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 am

I wonder how mad pb would be if I didn't vouch for his playstyle? lol

I don't really see an issue with PB's play this game. If you understand how he's playing it makes much more sense and doesn't seem scummy. PB used to be one of the better players where we played and was often NK'd. Vote changes happened way more frequently than they do on this site and their is a purpose behind it (at least there always was for me, I can't speak for PB)

@ rank - you don't have to 100% think a person is scum to vote them, there are plenty of other reasons to vote a person

Ever since my mineral extraction facility was converted to a parking lot, I've had a lot on my mine

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

here is a clue for you meta heavy. Take a look at my profile.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 219, Jake from State Farm wrote:I wonder how mad pb would be if I didn't vouch for his playstyle? lol

I don't really see an issue with PB's play this game. If you understand how he's playing it makes much more sense and doesn't seem scummy. PB used to be one of the better players where we played and was often NK'd. Vote changes happened way more frequently than they do on this site and their is a purpose behind it (at least there always was for me, I can't speak for PB)

@ rank - you don't have to 100% think a person is scum to vote them, there are plenty of other reasons to vote a person

Ever since my mineral extraction facility was converted to a parking lot, I've had a lot on my mine
slightly... I would wonder what the purpose was there... probably because you would be amused by it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

part amusement, part reaction testing. See how the player reacted to being voted and how others reacted to the vote. I still do that at times and people on this site HATE vote hopping lol

An electrician claimed that his truck was a volts wagon.

Rank
Rank
Goon
Rank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Rank »

In post 219, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ rank - you don't have to 100% think a person is scum to vote them, there are plenty of other reasons to vote a person
Couldn't agree more. He didn't even voice a suspicion in that post, though. THAT is what I found scummy. The other concerns I had re: PB still stand.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 223, Rank wrote:
In post 219, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ rank - you don't have to 100% think a person is scum to vote them, there are plenty of other reasons to vote a person
Couldn't agree more. He didn't even voice a suspicion in that post, though. THAT is what I found scummy. The other concerns I had re: PB still stand.
it is what I do... go check my meta

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”