PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 272, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:hell if I know Ffery, I am not home atm so I cant talk to him on skype

Mala <3

what are your guys thoughs on jake?

and yes we are hated so theres no excuwe to hqmmer us accidentally

Tqmmy, Im pretty sure kthx is town.

Amrun, hy so reactive?
The two games I played with Jake I kept reading him wrong both times. There was times I called him scum for posting "Sup". I haven't made a decision yet and still sorta discussing it with Fery.

Yeah Fery had to tell me hated townie. I thought you meant players hated you or something ._.
that is typical Jake, it is why I need more information and he probably is vice versa if he is not scum...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 274, trebuchet tabby wrote:
In post 266, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 261, trebuchet tabby wrote:In the first (townie) game, post 123 is a self-meta of sorts. Lots of fatalism in that game. It apparently dragged on terribly. He moved his vote around a fair bit on day 2 and 3 given his activity level.

In the second (scum) game post =http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... p252209267 is another sorta self-meta.

I screwed up my earlier post and listed the 2nd game twice. here's the third game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I didn't see any meta references in that game. He came off as confused a lot in that game, asking for clarification. His votes also had more reasons attached.

He complained more about lack of player activity in the townie game. The cult game he was most verbose. In the townie and scum game there were more bare votes with little or no reasoning.

This isn't enough baseline for me to feel comfortable saying "yeah he self-metas a lot". This game is significantly different from his most recent prior games.

peacebringer, do you have more recent games on another site?
we used to play at goalline blitz. Games kinda died out for about a year ago now. Downside of an MMORPG site He is a strong player, can play one way, switch off the next. I am the one "self-meta-ing" a lot because people get erect and start pointing digits at me and call me scummy for playing the way I do, which is NOT MAFIA SCUM style, period. I come from the "Werewolf" school of play that started at Footballguys and now has own private site and play manly with a lot of the same people over and over. I really enjoyed Goal-line blitz games which I played while taking a break from werewolf.
I also learned a different style of play and a different game format. I also played games with the same 50-70 people game after game for a few years. I'm still experimenting to find some optimal styles for this environment. Playing games with a lot of people I don't know well is quite challenging, and has required the develoipment of some different skills.
FYI, I came back here after once having left over frustrating that are already returning mainly because of Jake. He will use gambits, he will fish for reactions. He will come on strong, or go mellow and smooth. Those elements aren't the tells per say. It is only day one as well. He will show himself one way or another. IMO. He is a bit calmer for sure though. It is worth watching.
Indeed.
In post 269, PeaceBringer wrote:oh and I was saying, what I play, and what I do, I do regardless of role. it is just unadulterated ME and the style I play.
Even a short meta dive of your games here in the past indicate some differences in your play style depending on your role. I will look at some more old games to see what sort of model I can put together, but I don't anticipate your old meta will be all that useful.

And that's ok. There's a lot to be gained from watching your play here and now, and interacting with you here and now.
I know there are some, some I know, some I don't. There are some folks that can nail me quick when I am scum. I am not going to indicate what I am aware of doing when I am scum. And sure, some things have changed, some things the same.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I'm definitely playing it low key, especially day 1 cause I have been recently offended to the point I almost quit the site again. It's not the first time someone said something, it's the 3rd. I'm not sure why people have to be so hurtful when critiquing my play, but I'm not one of those people who can ignore things like that. It's funny, I can curse like a sailor and call people idiots, morons, etc but I don't think I would ever take it so far as people have with me.

So I'm taking it easy soaking it in and I'm not going to try and take the lead I perform much better once we have flips, especially scum flips.

A perfectly spherical pumpkin makes good pi
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 277, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm definitely playing it low key, especially day 1 cause I have been recently offended to the point I almost quit the site again. It's not the first time someone said something, it's the 3rd. I'm not sure why people have to be so hurtful when critiquing my play, but I'm not one of those people who can ignore things like that. It's funny, I can curse like a sailor and call people idiots, morons, etc but I don't think I would ever take it so far as people have with me.

So I'm taking it easy soaking it in and I'm not going to try and take the lead I perform much better once we have flips, especially scum flips.

A perfectly spherical pumpkin makes good pi
I can attest to Jake having those reactions by and large and can understand that, boy can I understand that.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Maestro »

^ buddying noted
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 279, Maestro wrote:^ buddying noted
lol- too funny...we are buddies so to speak, he is the reason I came back here to play. Period. That statement is more global to past issues I had and trying again here and encounter some similar initial frustrations already. But kudos my friend. You picked up on that. That would be said regardless of role.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 273, trebuchet tabby wrote:Kthx is flipping around like a waffley pancake in regards to Dex..
THIS right here is why I keep saying d3x should know I'm town. I do this every time I'm town. Either he thinks I'm going against my meta on purpose to throw him or he's pushing my lynch because he's scum. Since he hasn't said I'm purposely going against my meta to fool him in any of his reasoning, the second must be true, hence my flip of my read on him.

And yes, I voted him when I thought he was town due only to his ridiculous post restriction annoying the shit out of me and making me take 10 times longer to read 1 of his posts versus any other post. Now however, it's because of his play being not that of what I expect town-d3x to play.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by The Slovak Prince »

In post 176, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 174, Rank wrote:
In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:Tqmmy, Im pretty sure kthx is town.
Why?
In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:and yes we are hated so theres no excuwe to hqmmer us accidentally
In post 123, The Slovak Prince wrote:and yes, we are Hated.
Is 'Hated' a TV chef or something? I have NO idea whether this is referring to something from TV or something from other games you've played.
I believe he's claiming to be a hated townie which requires 1 less vote to lynch. I'm not sure why he felt the need to claim that though since he isn't getting run up.

I think claiming negative Utility-roles early on is good practice

Kthnx is town

D3x is town

I think Pyro is town, I'm liking Tammy's play so far

I feel like Tabby is town

Amrun is Meh... I don't think she's town here.

Chk/Maestro don't impress me so far, and I'm interested in seeing where my other head is going with our vote

I like Rank pushing right off the bat, this feels like his town game though I don't like how he just completely ignored me. that isn't cool at all

not to interested in his PB case

Not to entirely fond of Jake

Don't like Porochaz

TNE is an unknown thing that is leaning scum

that Kyubei Hydra is null that is leaning town

I don't like how the game has devolved into... w/e this is with the set-up analysis and Meta stuff, but I feel like D3x is trying to keep us on track, regardless of what everyone else is doing. that's definitely town

and everyone really, really needs to leave Kthnx alone unless someone has something that isn't set-up analysis'y
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:39 pm

or, anything that has to do with his interaction with D3x because it is null at worst, probably leaning townish
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by d3x »

In post 213, Jake from State Farm wrote:can you link me to games where you have expressed this same opinion about day 1?
p199 - Untee D1 MessCleeem pust. Um de hur de hur de hur.

p61 - Ununzeer untee D1 MessCleeem pust.

p681 - Eerly D2 pust egeeenst trulleeng fur moolteeple-a Cleeems. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

I cuoold gu oon, boot thees isn't zee ieseeest theeng tu jooggle-a.
In post 242, Kthxbye wrote:Would you say either myself or you are scum?
Yeeh, yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
What happens when I flip town?
It vun't heppee.
Should you be lynched then? Would town be justified in your lynch after my town-flip?
Nut unless a demn feene-a cese-a ves presented. Bork bork bork!

Toon

Jake
Amrun
Poro
Tabby
Maestro
-----
Slovak
Kyubey
Rank
-----
PT
PB
-----
tne
Kthx
Scoom

Vhy eren't yuoo respundeeng tu unytheeng I'm seyeeng? It's oone-a ooff zee ScoomTells yuoo herp oon zee must, iIRC.

Lul et p247.
In post 247, Kthxbye wrote:Voting him for a policy lynch may not have been my best play ever, but his handicap annoys the shit out of me so, w/e.
It's nut a qooesshun ooff "zee best pley ifer", it's a qooesshun ooff ToonKthx nut dueeng it; hence-a zee besees fur my ScoomReed oon yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!
In post 271, trebuchet tabby wrote:I think Unsver is answer.
Thet's ixectly reeght. Um de hur de hur de hur.
In post 281, Kthxbye wrote:THIS right here is why I keep saying d3x should know I'm town. I do this every time I'm town.
Thet reeght zeere-a is zee ixect reesun I theenk yuoo're-a Scoom. Yuoo deedn't stert oooot by tusseeng yuoor Fute-a eruoond. Bork bork bork! Yuoo sterted oooot roonneeng yuoor Nooll RFSVegun oon me-a, UnFuted veethuoot pleceeng it oon unyune-a {fery uncherectereestic ooff yuoor ToonGeme-a} zeen vent intu "ooootgooess zee Mud" Mude-a. Yuoo'fe-a beee veffffleeng yuoor Reed oon me-a, vheech is nut zee seme-a theeng.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by Amrun »

Man, d3x is so town. That's the exact reason I originally voted kthx.

He put down an RVS vote on d3x, then said PeaceBringer was scummy and didn't vote PeaceBringer, and this went on forever. It made no sense.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by Kyubey »

This is the...Mami half, Cabd called it? But later he decided he's Mami, get your shit together before I change the icon jeez. Catchup post follows:
In post 21, Kthxbye wrote:1. awkward intro
2. OMGUS
3. Self meta reference
Self-meta is going to vary person to person as to alignment, not enough to convince me. But is there a non-awkward way to post an intro? RVS vote is a Scumtell? I thought he might've just been being silly to start the game with how hard he pushed it, but it got worse.
In post 55, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 52, Jake from State Farm wrote:Well I have a huge issue because I can't understand a single thing d3 is saying unless I really concentrate. The last time a person posted annoyingly I replaced out, but I'm not replacing out here so he needs to ask the mod to reduce his restriction some or I'm going to have vote him and ignore his posts (not like I could decipher them anyway)

vote: d3x

When making butter there is a little margarine for error
Yup, I 100% agree with this post and the reason. It's policy, but I'm not going to deal more of d3x posts that I can't read.
VOTE: d3x

Saddest thing about it is d3x is 99.9% town because he wouldn't pull this shit as scum and I don't see a MOD making scum have the single most annoying restriction in a game and one that will likely get him lynched because nobody wants to deal with it. If it's NOT a post restriction, then he's 100% town because I know him and I know what he is willing and not willing to do as scum. This is NOT something he would willingly do as scum.
In post 53, Amrun wrote:Even though that pun was amazing, that's a poor excuse for a vote.

VOTE: jake
No sir, ^that is a peppery poor excuse for a vote.
"He's Town lynch him anyways." Votes Amrun because her vote against Jake is "poor" but Jake and his votes against d3x aren't? Voting a Townread is somehow less Scummy than voting for somebody because they voted a Townie.
In post 70, Kthxbye wrote:There is no "Take some effort and attempt to understand the posts." bullshit. The fact you're trying to take this stance to make my opinion of his posts somehow scummy is you looking for town points (re: TT)

If you feel you understand d3x's posts, feel free to agree to translate every single one of his posts and I will drop my vote. That or the MOD can reduce the restriction and I will drop my vote. Till then, policy lynch is a go for me.
Attempts to call out other players on their bullshit. Ends up spewing bullshit. You tried.

Scummy because Town will make the attempt to read it just as hard as d3x is attempting to keep up with it. Town needs all the reads they can get. Scum doesn't need reads, they know who Town is, and playing off the frustration of d3x's restriction is a push for a mislynch.
In post 88, Kthxbye wrote:Well, there goes my town read on d3x...literally 180 to scum read.

He damn well knows this is my town play.
In post 21, Kthxbye wrote:3. Self meta reference
We need this guy lynched.

In post 145, Kthxbye wrote:I don't think we have 3 post-resticted townies. I just don't. It may be my butter-addled brain, but I don't see it. If 3 post-restricted townies is unlikely, then either d3x or Jake are scum. If for some reason we have 3 post-restricted townies, then I hate quadz.

Also, I'm macho, so don't try to protect me.
I agree that three post-restricted Townies is unlikely. d3x I'm betting Town. We have one Scum (likely not two) between Kthxbye and Jake. My bet's obviously on Kthx.

His role claim is fairly safe (what Doctor is going to protect him?), and he has a "third ability." Three roles? Sounds OP.

Not to mention Townie or not, he's not Scumhunting. He's whining about post restrictions. I don't recall any Scumhunting that wasn't about d3x and Jake.
In post 78, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm not concerned with his alignment. If he's town it's an acceptable loss since I can't read his posts anyway. This is a true blue policy lynch.
Jake I'm not sure if he's scummy or just ridiculous.

Kthx’s vote on him puts him pretty Town I think. He looks like the easiest policy mislynch in the game.

d3x is Town. One of the most obnoxious restrictions I've seen, but that's the mod's fault (if is real). It’s hard to read tone under a heavy transliterated accent, but he seems honest.

Pyrotechnics is Town. It’s just as likely Amrun is Town as two Townies going at it and Scum sitting back letting them fight. Lightly confrontational, but null there I think.

Peacebringer I don’t like the role-fishing, but I’m not going to parrot other posts because none of it is my own findings. It’s purely off what I’ve seen in other posts. Was basically null before, I’m not confident in the read because it’s only based on a few cases.
In post 157, The Slovak Prince wrote:Tqmmy, Im pretty sure kthx is town.
In post 115, The Slovak Prince wrote:at this moment though, I'd be hard-pressed to think that Kthx or D3x are scum
In post 282, The Slovak Prince wrote:Kthnx is town
I'm only asking because I just posted a bunch to the contrary but...how is he Town? I don't see a why just a lot of insistence that he's Town.

I'm seeing painfully little scumhunting or much of anything from this account. There's more letters in their opening "SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG" than attempts at anything productive. More chatting than playing.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by Amrun »

Kyubey, why make a comment that you can read me based on meta and then not attempt to do so?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Kyubey
Kyubey
Townie
Kyubey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Post by Kyubey »

In post 287, Amrun wrote:Kyubey, why make a comment that you can read me based on meta and then not attempt to do so?
That was rissa's post of reads and stuff, not mine. My metasorting binge is scheduled for tomorrow, don't worry.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Why are people making list reads :facepalm:

The salt said 'hi' to the pepper. It was seasonings greetings.
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Alton Brown
Alton Brown
Townie
Alton Brown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:45 am

Post by Alton Brown »

Votecount 1.4Kthxbye (4) - d3x, Amrun, Maestro, Jake from State Farm
PeaceBringer (2) - Rank, thenewearth
The Slovak Prince (1) - Kyubey
Maestro (1) - The Slovak Prince
d3x (1) - PeaceBringer
Kyubey (0) -
Jake from State Farm (0) -
Rank (0) -
Amrun (0) -
Porochaz (0) -
trebuchet tabby
Pyrotechnics
thenewearth (0) -

Not Voting (4): trebuchet tabby, Pyrotechnics, Porochaz,
Kthxbye

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-08-31 19:03:38).

kthxbye is no longer able to vote for this day phase!
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Well shit...guess that's what happens when you post tired...
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:17 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

so right now am reading kthxbye town and believe his claim...
my guess is 1 scum in the 4 voting him right now.
If folks do not think d3x is scum then amrun, maestro or jake...
for me that means a vote of amrun or maestro...

I also suspect that there is at least 1 BG in the NV segment- TT, Pyro, pro, and kyth-
at least one bg amidst Rank/NE
kyu- leaning town
Slovak- uncertain
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Porochaz »

BG?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:52 am

believe he means bad guy?

I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.
Show
Things I've learned.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:56 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

BG =bad guy yes
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 am

I think we have enough posts and enough votes thrown around I can my first full re-read. Though it most certainly won't be today.

for now though I will reluctantly
unvote
, after reading the game I played with kthx he isn't the same here, plus his paranoia over the post restrictions is probably a town-tell over a scum tell (or it could just be null)

vote: maestro

it's time to make the monkey dance.

I used to have a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
Show
Things I've learned.
The Slovak Prince
The Slovak Prince
Townie
The Slovak Prince
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 am

Holy fuck C, did you guys really draw scum?

also, Jake what's wrong with lists of reads?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Porochaz »

Now thast I know what macho is...

vote kthx
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

wait, I Have to reread his claim... he is claiming not able to be protected?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”