VoteCount 1.7

SXTLHGaiden [4]: Empire, Desperado, Tammy, The Purple Shoe
Bert [2]: SXTLHGaiden, Shadoweh
Nachomamma8 [1]: Generic
Desperado [2]: Llamarble, Nachomamma8
Shadoweh [1]: Bert

Not Voting [3] - TheGarantula, Ms Marangal, PeaceBringer

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is August 30, 2013, at 11:00 AM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-08-30 13:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:22 am

Post by Generic »

Ok, this ' easy target' thing is hilarious to me.

Even when I'm not having a nervous breakdown on all but two of the last dozen games ive played, no matter what my alignment, I have found myself wagoned day 1. An awful lot of it is my general aggression and the fact my mood affects my play when people try to read my alignment through my posts.

Believe me PB, you have been under very little pressure this game as several people have written you off as town or defended you to bert.

I said before there have been some filler posts and fence sitting. I don't think your talking yourself up as the victim makes a lot if sense here.

I'm not about to say you can't point to bejng victimised when its merited, especially given its me saying this, but I think you are overreacting to minimal pressure.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Generic »

In post 425, SXTLHGaiden wrote:Alrighty then. Any questions?

Is that it?

Prod dodge, rather than actually address the 4 votes on you? Look back one post from yours, bert makes a case for you to be the day 1 lynch. Start there.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:31 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Ok, i acknowledge their existence. I also acknowledge that this is based on lurking and my post to you.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:33 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

That seems like enough of a reason to vote me at this point.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 427, Generic wrote:Ok, this ' easy target' thing is hilarious to me.

Even when I'm not having a nervous breakdown on all but two of the last dozen games ive played, no matter what my alignment, I have found myself wagoned day 1. An awful lot of it is my general aggression and the fact my mood affects my play when people try to read my alignment through my posts.

Believe me PB, you have been under very little pressure this game as several people have written you off as town or defended you to bert.

I said before there have been some filler posts and fence sitting. I don't think your talking yourself up as the victim makes a lot if sense here.

I'm not about to say you can't point to bejng victimised when its merited, especially given its me saying this, but I think you are overreacting to minimal pressure.
good lord you read a lot into things post and misintepret a lot...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:55 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 431, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 427, Generic wrote:Ok, this ' easy target' thing is hilarious to me.

good lord you read a lot into things post and misintepret a lot...
here is a clue, context is important. I was not going woe is me, I was stating a truth, people have a hard time with my play and call me scum. I did not bring it up here as the game has been fairly tame on the point at me factor. Someone else referenced me and I generally am used to it.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:10 am

Post by Generic »

In post 420, PeaceBringer wrote:bert- I am a male, says so right to the left there...
I am always an easy target- always

Reads pretty 'woe is me' to me...
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Bert »

I FINALLY READ THE GAME KNOWING WHO EVERYONE IS

EVEN RVS MADE SENSE I AM SO PROUD, NACHO YOU SHOULD GIVE ME A PAT

/PAT here I will do it myself

I must admit, PB

your passiveness and wait-and-see approach are throwing me off

Empire, as promised, I have a few not-solid but developing reads:

Without a Doubt Town: <Generic> How outright dangerously personal he went after the pressure applied - suggests town, after lots of back-and-forth and prodding of Generic over the past few days. Generic, you have to understand that you've had a few successful scum games here. People ARE going to go after you, to make sure you aren't getting away as scum. Especially in this game, with rather strong players who are looking pretty town so far. You know that you have gotten away as scum, so what is throwing me off is that you are cracking under the pressure. But I believe you are town and I believe that the reactions they got from prodding you are genuine, emotional, EMOTIONAL, and town.

Pretty Town: <Nacho, Tammy, Mara> All first and foremost GUT

Nacho, I feel you are reaching out to me. I feel you are doing townie things, and this is the 2nd game in a row where there is no doubt in my mind you are town (last one was 514 Masons and Monks). Usually, there is a lot of hesitation for me when I'm with you, but my gut is swinging TRUST NACHO, so I am going that route. Mara, the way you are going after your mentor just screams town. And how you are reaching, reaching, reaching.... Tammy I am trusting you and I hope I do not regret it. You're probably the least confident of my "pretty town" reads, but I am counting on Nacho and Empire (if they are indeed town) to warn us if you start having and weird reactions/reads spewed forth to us.

Leaning Town: <Empire, PeaceBringer> Empire is very articulate and detailed, and I must say in the back of my mind, farther to the back, my brain tells me to watch out in case Empire is deceiving us and quite devious as a player.

PB - I voted you to see how you would react, and so far the response I am satisfied with. But I want to see what you can do on D2. So far on D1 you're just there, sorta, and if you can pick up your game like you say you can once you develop more reads as this game goes on, I can see you becoming a strong townread and a big threat.

Null/confused about my read: <Garantula, Shadoweh> TheGarantula, I have a little experience with you, but that was in my early times here in MS when I was very very lost (and I still am lost). I am worried you are getting the solid noobtown pass from others, as evidenced by some posts lately. I don't know whether you are town yet, but I hope you catch up and give us something to work with too. So far, I feel OK about you. Not great, not bad, just OK. I don't want it to be that way. This may not be a game with Thor and lots of interesting debates or whatever you're missing, but you're being just a tad passive. Not enough weight in your posts. That's the feeling I get. So yes very null but IDK yet.

Shadoweh, I am reaching out to you. I am watching you very carefully with your responses. I love circle-jerking, I do it all the time, I may not get very good reads, but I am very much a gut/feeling player, which gets me in a lotta trouble sometimes. Your paranoia about me is very "meh" *shrug* Your air of superiority sorta is getting on my nerves, but I think this is one of those "ask me later, to be continued" reads as I interact with you more. I would like to pressure you more and get you to talk about everyone. But the fact that you are reaching out to others about me is sorta town.

Null-scum <Purple Shoe (sp?)>

Purple: That response to Nacho reaching out to you "no, I HAVENT PLAYED WITH YOU NACHO, why do you ask?" is SOOOOO timid. And then the next response of yours "I don't care if you weren't. This is this account. I answered as this account." WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE? Until you answer, I am very confused.

Leaning Scum: <SXTLHGaiden, Llamarble>

Gaiden: I am not sure it's just apathy or what, but you are avoiding interacting with the game. You're making me paranoid with your lurker-scum antics. Cut it out if you're town. I'm willing to vote you if the deadilne comes to that. Your sole posts, as pointed out, have been scummy and you haven't contributed at all. That worries me. I don't have time to look back or quote, as I am about to head out, but PLEASE if you are town keep this in mind and try to give us something to work with... you're goign to end up being lynchbait later on, if not now, if you are town and don't step it up. You're not getting a newb pass this game like you got in your past newbie, and yes I have heard of you and this play so far is just not gonna fly, okay

Llamarble: I have thought about you a lot, and then someone (Tammy or Empire?) mentioned you being a rather experienced player. Why are you coasting today, and that vote on Desperado is just SHEEP central. Why haven't you formed your own reads. You're here, you should be able to catch up in the game's early stages. Nacho, why does this person's vote on Desperado lead you to think Llamarble is not worth touching? Is this guy usually really useful in all town alignments?

Sorry if it looks like I threw up on the page - I don't usually post walls (damn Nacho, this is your fault) - and I didn't really have time to go back and quote stuff.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that one of <Tammy, Empire> may be scum. Am I just paranoid or what. Dangit.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:23 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

I'm curious, how have you heard of me?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:24 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Also it wasn't so much a "newb pass" I had to make seed posts to convince people i was more scrub than I actually was. That bit amused me that game.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:25 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

BErt, I very from aggressive to passive. My natural state as a person is to sit back and observe. However, online I can be far more aggressive and chatty. I don't do the meta tell examination that seems to be par around here. That is not my game. I am more reading what is going on and reacting to the moment. Testing what seems kosher and what doesn't it. The first thought that comes to mind really, is that it is day freaking one, things are taken way too seriously. Then I remember where I am and go, oh yeah, that is how they do things.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Bert »

In post 436, SXTLHGaiden wrote:I'm curious, how have you heard of me?
Mini 1481 which is now COMPLETED

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30346
In post 1104, Sakura Hana wrote:*points to sig*

Do you remember Gaiden?
In post 1107, DoctorPepper wrote:Oh fuck, Gaiden. Well the issue here, Sakura, is that nobody suspected Gaiden, while everyone jumps on Aqua. Thats my problem
In post 1108, Sakura Hana wrote:I suspected Gaiden :D from the dead qt...
In post 1119, Bert wrote:I just looked at Gaiden in 1404 after you all mentioned newb passes. Oh god, the graveyard QT...
In post 1120, DoctorPepper wrote:I will now dissociate myself from Newbie 1404. I fucking led 2 mislynch wagons and contributed to another one.

In hindsight, it should have tipped me off that Gaiden wasnt doing anything in mylo...

But Saki was too scummy :/

Anyway I've never completed a game with TNE before, so hownis he scum this time and what is town TNE? His wiki says he doesnt have meta.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: Read the "GAIDEN WASN'T DOING ANYTHING IN MYLO" comments

That should say something about your play in this game.

You are doing just that... nothing.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:34 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

^ LOL
i'm fairly infamous now. I wasn't doin anything for the same reason i wasn't doin anything up to now. I wanted to see how things would play out. in Newbie 1404, i didn't have to do anything since 1v1 too good for me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Bert »

And you expect that to work for you again this game... why?

Why are you employing that same tactic in this game

"watch how things play out" is freakin scummy. You're not from a past era like Mr. PB here. What's your excuse
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:36 am

Post by Bert »

Also, Mr. Gaiden, reads or opinions on ANYONE please.

Bueller?? Bueller?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:47 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

This will require a reread of the thread. i'll try to get through it as quickly as i can. But for now
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gaiden
I feel that this is better placed here.
The Purple Shoe
The Purple Shoe
Goon
The Purple Shoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:57 am

Post by The Purple Shoe »

That is why the gaiden vote is the best, I am not too active cos scum has been found. K thx bye.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Generic »

Am I missing the punch line here then?

Why have you put yourself at L-2 while you collect together your reads?

I have to ask because everything stupid like this I have read as scummy before someone more veteran to MS comes in and goes "no, no, clearly a town action!" For the life of me I cannot see it here.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Generic »

By the way, after tonight I will have much more reduced activity. While I have got a handle on the improvement to my mood the issues still need resolving so apologies to all for the activity drop ok
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:10 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

I put myself at L-2 since it a completely safe move. So consider what happens in the event of a quick lynch. If i'm scum, then there is no issue. If i'm town, then rather than looking through 7 possible scum, you only have to look at 6. Either way its all good. Of course, this could be seen as "town cred" fishing but hey, what can you do.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

it appears more an attempt to derail the pointing of digits and put a stop on things. Say I put a vote on you to put you at claim point of l-1 you just unvote. I find it particularly scummy and clearly very calculated.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”