oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by oriole »

In post 2848, Titus wrote:@Oriole, does this look reminiscent of 512?
(Open 512)
In post 2206, Does Bo Know wrote:
Votecount 1.65

[L-2]
Varsoon
-
Dyslexicon
jmo16mla
CherryDrPepper
TunnelVision
StubbsKVM

[L-2]
jmo16mla
-
Xiao Long
Titus
Flench
Paschendale
Varsoon

[L-6]
Titus
-
Saki

[L-6]
StubbsKVM
-
oriole

Not Voting:
Bulbazak

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

(This game)
In post 2830, 4nxi3ty wrote:
Amrun (4) - zMuffinMan, Aunt Jemina, roflcopter, Natisrasha
Natisrasha (5) - Baezu, StubbsKVM, Slandaar, oriole, PeregrineV
PeregrineV
(6)
- Amrun, Ghostly Penguin,
Juliet
, Titus, BROseidon,
Romeo

Metal Sonic (2) - Rift Adrift, Metal Sonic

Not Voting (1) - ArcAngel9

With 16 alive (+2 votes), it takes 10 to lynch.
(expired on 2013-08-25 17:07:50)

Prodding roflcopter
I mean, the obvious difference is that there's another wagon here. What happened in 512 was that Varsoon and jmo got wagoned fast (due to the bussing), and there was never really a major town wagon against them, causing the stalling. Varsoon kept trying to get a town wagon going (on you and Cherry), but it never took hold.

I don't think it's exactly similar, but there are some similarities. I think at least one of the wagons is on scum, anyways.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I skimmed over the last couple pages of discussion.

Will vote PV if necessary. Would still prefer Amrun.

Also that VC is wrong because Amrun is currently voting Natirasha.

More later.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 2837, Aunt Jemina wrote:
In post 2666, Rift Adrift wrote:You are actually one of the enigmas of this game. Your interactions hint at knowlege and subtle alliance building. Nothing wrong with alliance building. But, I prefer to be extremely unsubtle about putting together town blocs. Maybe my scum-read of you boils down to your intentional opaqueness related to wanting to play sans meta and sans your usual persona. If that's the case, then I hope to hell I figure it out before I eventually try to get you lynched come hell or high water.

- If you really think I am scum, then build a persuasive case. If it's persuasive it will also be subtantive enough that I can address it for good or ill.

- If you think my reads are wrong, then indicate where I'm misinterpreting or missing significant stances or interactions.

Blatant town blocs are problematic. My experience with them is that they will
always
have at least one scum in them, if not multiple. Sometimes, even, the person forming said town bloc. True town blocs flow organically, forming without effort. This is how my townblocs are formed as of the present day, because when I did it the way you do it, it didn't work. My current methodology has yet to fail me. It takes much longer for the townbloc to form, but when it
does
form, it is without the influence of scum players. But this is a matter of theory discussion, best left for MD or post-game. Regardless of town or scum, we both know the other holds this belief as either alignment, and thus, debating it further is utterly pointless. (Though my way
is
the correct way. :wink:)
They can be problematic, especially if they aren't reexamined. Town blocs that have scum among them tend to be disrupted. And it can be difficult to discern between intentional disruption/misdirection and a herd of obstreperous town cats. Over time, town cats will start to reach similar conclusions based on mounting evidence, even if there are disagreements on details.
Let me put this simply. This is the first post of yours in quite a while in which I can maybe see the town-you. I admit a lack of true familiarity with the scum-you; while I have encountered it, I am not intimately knowledgeable about it. But I
am
fairly well-exposed to your town self, and I cannot place words on it, but most of your posting simply has not seemed like it fit.
Regardless of your alignment, if you believe this, then you don't know my town game. It is variable, and I shape it around the people I find myself playing with. In this game, none of the players who become my usual stakes in the ground are playing, which has caused me to play a self-reliant and internalized game (internalized to Syr and myself), but has also caused me to look at players I wouldn't ordinarily focus a lot of attention on as some potential stakes in the ground.

And my reads - if they are accurate - have been amazing. I haven't had this clarity in an MS game this size before. Far from it.
One part of this, I imagine, is how you seem to be using meta far less than you normally do, as Sonny quite rightly points out. The Rifty Drifty I am familiar with has a trajectory that is heavily-reliant on meta. Its absence is jarring, and this translates into reads. When using meta, your reads seem to have increased accuracy. (In fact, this is what helped reverse the Bazzy read.) You really haven't been using meta in your reads at all, and if you are town, I believe this has caused the distaste in my read, and I believe it has hurt your accuracy as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trajectory" here. I don't think you're using it the way I do in the context of mafia.

I have used meta as much as I usually do in this game: where it has been applicable to clarify reads: Notably, Beazu, BRO and Natirasha. In the first case it was cold meta (which may be what you are specifically looking for) and in the other two cases it was experiential meta. We also hared off in the wrong direction re Slandaar in part due to meta, but also due to my missing why his trajectory on Titus changed.

I prefer experiential meta to cold meta, and I'm particularly wary of cold meta right now because of some recent games where cold meta in one case led me to a wrong conclusion (Paradox Prime, PeregrineV) and in another case due to exploring meta with a player who turned out to be scum, I was intentionally misled TWICE - once about a town player, and once about a scum player. (A Memory of Light, milkshake (town) and Iecerint (scum) at the behest of GoodCop_BadCop).

There are a couple of players that I now actually develop my reads in part by doing meta dives about other players with them and, also just seeing if they are actually willing to put the effort of meta exploration in with me. When I see what they come up with from reading some old ISOs, it helps me figure out both their alignment and how "on target" they are if they are town. In games where they play, you'll see much more emphasis on meta dives in my play.

Syr takes this level of misrepresentation about our play style as more evidence that you are scum. I'm still entertaining the possibility that your understanding of how I play could really be this superficial.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 2833, BROseidon wrote:
In post 2831, PeregrineV wrote:Such as?
Okay, let's do a little thought experiment, because you are being either exceptionally scummy or stupid today:

I am a scum Vanillaizer that can steal a role. I start the game knowing that there are 4 Cops, one of each sanity, playing a little side-game of Dethy, thanks to my scumbuddy in the group. We, as scum, now have this nifty tool that can fuck with them and cause chaos within their group.

Night 1 roles around. We decide, as a scum team, to shoot within the Dethy group because fuck cops (and we are aware of their plans to spread their investigations such that we can't use a tailor/traitor that we may or may not have to wreck them). What do I do?

I FUCKING STEAL ONE COP POWER AND HAVE MY SCUM TEAM KILL ANOTHER ONE TO GUARANTEE DENYING THE TOWN INSANELY USEFUL INFORMATION REGARDING THE RESOLUTION OF THE DETHY. I WOULD THEN BE ABLE TO FEED A SANITY TO MY SCUM PARTNER IN THE GROUP TO PUSH THE WHOLE "THIS VANILLAIZER THING IS A GAMBIT" IDEA. THAT IS WHAT I WOULD DO IF I WERE SCUM IN NAT'S POSITION, AND IT'S NOT EVEN A HARD CHOICE.

THEN ON DAY 2, EVEN UNDER PRESSURE I WOULDN'T CLAIM VANILLAIZER BECAUSE THE COP WOULD CLAIM THAT HE GOT VANILLAIZED. CONFIRMATION OF THAT ROLE ACTUALLY EXISTING WOULD RESOLVE THAT IT IS NOT A GAMBIT AND THE VANILLAIZER IS SCUM. I WOULD CLAIM SOMETHING – ANYTHING – ELSE.
^^ A thousand tims this.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

@Aunt Jemima,
you express concern about the attempted counter wagon on PeregrineV. That wagon has both the confirmed town dead players on it. What do you make of that?

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Unvote

Vote: Amrun

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

With reluctance.

Babel-17
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Amrun

oriole, the reason I am seeing 512 is because scum bussing each other hard can lead to a stalled wagon. One of the trains has scum.

Amrun provides the most information for the group going forward given that Bro checked him.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

This is literally the stupidest reason for a lynch ever. An insane or paranoid cop checked me, so I should be lynched! No. Information lynches are fucking stupid. We'll figure out the dethy anyway, because scum will kill them and they flip. Herpaderp.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Post by Titus »

You act like it is the only reason.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

No, other people are acting like that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Post by Baezu »

I still don't agree with Nati eating someone's brain or being given the ability to venge. I don't think it's a 1 for 1 trade. I think it's a scumkill. She didn't use her ability on n1 because she wanted more information on who to target. And why are we giving scum a chance to kill whomever she wants?

I'd be willing to vote PV, but nati is scum I'm keeping my vote there
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

VOTE: amrun

follow the leader :)

@Rift

ya, maybe you have a point, AJ knows jack shit about your meta

but i do, so when i say you're scum, you're scum ;)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Natscum is voting Amrun so probably shouldn't lynch her.

Think of Nat's ability and what it does. Now think about the fact we are in a large game with only 1 nk on n1. Coincidence? It just makes too much sense as a scumrole. It IS a scumrole.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

yeah it is i already agreed with you 99 times on natscum

unless natscum and amrunscum double bus?

idk but yes

VOTE: natarisha

more dangerous (as of what we know)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Stop unvoting him then!

We need to lynch Nat not Amrun who has the worst wagon composition imaginable; Rift, AJ, Muffin, Nat all on one wagon...
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

a+ bus is what i call it

we will await orders from lieut. rofl tonight re: amrun

kill a definite scum first: natarisha

all on board yep
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

considering amrun wagon has a rofl and a muffinman it couldnt go TOOOOO WRONG EITHER

but i get your point
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

I mean it makes so much sense I don't understand why the day drags on.

The lovers make sense in that context also, you build the game around the Dethy because that is a big part of it, you give scum that ability to mess with the Dethy so you can't really use a vig or sk so you put in lovers so that the game doesn't go forever with only one kill and then you think about this and you go 'yeah that clearly makes sense'

Instead half the people in this game think Town has a completely broken power to not only have one scum basically given to them via the Dethy but also has a way to ensure none of the town Dethy can ever be lynched therefore making all 4 of said dethy members confirmed town. Along with 2 lovers who were confirmed town if they claimed and a confirmable town in Titus's role.

I feel like people do not understand how balance works. Town cannot have SEVEN confirmed town in the game. Scum do need to be able to mislynch somewhere... and that is not even counting Nat's role who in said situation is town also...

lol

You literally only need 2 obvtown and with scums 1 kill a night thats an auto town-win. Nice balance.

lynch Nat now.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:12 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Amrun
(7)
- zMuffinMan, Aunt Jemina, roflcopter, Natisrasha, BROseidon, Rift Adrift, Titus
Natisrasha
(7)
- Baezu, StubbsKVM, Slandaar, Amrun, oriole, PeregrineV, Metal Sonic
PeregrineV (2) - Ghostly Penguin,
Juliet

Metal Sonic (1) -
Romeo

Not Voting (1) - ArcAngel9

With 16 alive (+2 votes), it takes 10 to lynch.
(expired on 2013-08-25 17:07:50)

Prodding StubbsKVM
Last edited by 4nxi3ty on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:21 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

Prod received.
Need to read up.

isn't ArcAngel getting replaced?
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:25 am

Post by oriole »

@Mod: Isn't Amrun voting for Natirasha as of ?
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Titus »

Slandaar, lovers are prone to die and rarely get D1 confirmed. My role usually doesn't get confirmed without deaths. The scum usually shoot the deathy. I imagine we have quite a few scum in this. Balance applies to usual occurrences not actual occurrences.

My gut tells me that you or gp are the scums in the deathy but I am open to ms or rofl.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2851, zMuffinMan wrote:I skimmed over the last couple pages of discussion.

Will vote PV if necessary. Would still prefer Amrun.

Also that VC is wrong because Amrun is currently voting Natirasha.

More later.
So will vote me if necessary, whom you are up and down about, but really want your tunnel target Amrun lynched?

Perhaps you should update your reads list when you return.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2863, Slandaar wrote: Think of Nat's ability and what it does. Now think about the fact we are in a large game with only 1 nk on n1. Coincidence? It just makes too much sense as a scumrole. It IS a scumrole.
Anyone that wants to challenge this? They can do so by explaining the town utility of the Choco Zombie role claim.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”