Post by Empking »

Vote Count Sixty One

NSin (1) - goodmorning
goodmorning (1) - TwinFlames
SafetyDance (1) - zMuffinMan

Not Voting: SafetyDance, Gollum alienBRO, DeathNote, ToastyToast

Five to lynch
(expired on 2013-09-01 11:50:44)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:04 am

Post by DeathNote »

Meh... prodded.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:20 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@gollum,

Do you actually think Toast is scum? If so, why aren't you voting him?

And what are your thoughts on goodmorning and safetydance's slot?

@DN,

Who do you think is scum?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:06 am

Post by alienBRO »

Okay, caught up.

1) Either GM has the ring or he actually destroyed it. I don't see mafia motivation in what he did yesterday, but he still could still be a third party lying about it hoping to coast to a victory.

2) Nothing TF has done has made me think the slot is particularly town, but I also want to run up Toasty or Gollum.

Yeah, I think GM might be a third part, and the last mafioso is in {Gollum, Toasty, TF}

Gonna sync reads with PA, and then we'll place down a vote.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:06 am

Post by alienBRO »

^-Bro
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:36 am

Post by DeathNote »

Twin is a scum read of mine, or SafetyDance I suppose.

Vote: SafetyDance
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:50 am

Post by Gollum »

In post 2352, zMuffinMan wrote:@gollum,

And what are your thoughts on goodmorning and safetydance's slot
I think its very possible that Toast could be scum. Our problem is that we don't particularly like any of the reaming slots. We had thought that Mattel was active lurking and GoodMorning is dumb to get rid of the ring. Both TwinFlames and AlienBro are hardcore lurking. The Bro head thinking that we have 5 scum in a 15 player game seems stupid and his earlier "yea why is there a second killer?" when that shit was obvious seems like scum playing dumb. We hate the sateydance slot. MA was active lurking as well. The question is would Moz really try and save his buddy the way he did? Its not something we are willing to risk.

vote:safetydance
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:20 am

Post by ToastyToast »

yeah the three people who have been in safetydance have all been ridiculously lurky. I seriously had to go back to figure out if they had even posted once.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:27 am

Post by Twin Flames »

uggh sorry all

Both NS and I have been sick with some kind of viral bug :(

catching up.

Who did SD replace?
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Twin Flames »

ohhh he replaced zmon duh...

yes I am happy with a vote here... I thought zmon was scummy. I still think we need to not let gm off the hook though here.

VOTE: SD
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:35 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2344, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2343, Twin Flames wrote:I am a tad confused here on something, If Who had the ring, and Nsin hammered, then how would gm get the ring to destroy it? Could someone explain that?
I, too, am a tad confused. Why haven't you been reading my posts, or indeed the game in general? Most of the start of today was literally discussion about what you have just asked.

And then you vote me without having read my posts, or indeed the game in general. Which is not the behaviour one would normally see from someone claiming to be Town.
Except that's the same questions I've been trying to find answers to and have been met with negative reactions from everyone else.

So is that it? We're just all confused and we now proceed to ignore the elephant in the room?
In post 2345, ToastyToast wrote:
@SafetyDance: I dislike that you want a massclaim on D4.
Congrats on an utter failure of an ability to read.
In post 2323, SafetyDance wrote:I would totes be for
mass flavor claim
today btw.
In post 2323, SafetyDance wrote:I would totes be for
mass flavor claim
today btw.
Not a Massclaim but a flavor claim. There is a
subtle
difference. Can you tell me why are you against it? Why is it practical to have 1/3 of the town having revealed their flavor but not the rest? Would it not be more advantageous, at the least fair, for all of us to claim it? I am more than happy to start. It is also important considering in most of the ISO's I've done, setup speculation based on the flavor (as in LOTR) has been rife. So why limit ourselves?
In post 2356, Gollum wrote:
In post 2352, zMuffinMan wrote:@gollum,

And what are your thoughts on goodmorning and safetydance's slot
I think its very possible that Toast could be scum. Our problem is that we don't particularly like any of the reaming slots. We had thought that Mattel was active lurking and GoodMorning is dumb to get rid of the ring. Both TwinFlames and AlienBro are hardcore lurking. The Bro head thinking that we have 5 scum in a 15 player game seems stupid and his earlier "yea why is there a second killer?" when that shit was obvious seems like scum playing dumb. We hate the sateydance slot. MA was active lurking as well. The question is would Moz really try and save his buddy the way he did? Its not something we are willing to risk.

vote:safetydance
We hate you too.

As for you're alignment, bandwagoning cheaply with no actual reason is definitely scummy.

Incidentally I too have problems with what Bro suggested but rather than just ad homining I'd be more pointed and ask whether or not Bro actually thinks a 3+1+1 setup in a 15p game (therefore a 1/3 of of the list is scum) is particularly balanced?

Each to their own though.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:38 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

bro wrote:I don't see mafia motivation in what he did yesterday
Well the simple answer is he received the ring some time D2, unaware of how he got it (perhaps it was from a town player still alive) he pretended to have investigated subliminal, thinking he could destroy the ring after this and coast to endgame with the whole, "i investigated subliminal i can't be scum!" thing...

I am assuming he didn't think this through properly (he obviously didn't, regardless of alignment) and didn't expect to be criticised for this.
bro wrote:the last mafioso is in {Gollum, Toasty, TF}
Why Gollum? He looks pretty town, given the interactions with the rest of the flipped wraith-scum. Not to mention he's one of the only players who seems to give a shit about scum hunting at this point.
gollum wrote:The question is would Moz really try and save his buddy the way he did?
This part seemed rather odd to me too, but I can't rationalise him doing it as town, either. I'm looking at it from the perspective that he didn't fully understand the ring mechanic and that goodmorning was claiming a cop guilty. From this perspective, he makes sense as scum.

I agree with most of your thoughts on the other players you mentioned though (minus BRO, who I have a town read on from when I read through the game - at least he's town enough that I'm not really considering him today).
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Missed this in there:
In post 2342, zMuffinMan wrote:
safetydance wrote:So that's it? I can't really defend any of that, which is convenient.
Well, yeah, seeing as you replaced in this day phase, I can't exactly make much of a case on your posts alone. I will say you've been doing a lot of talking about the setup and stuff and not much work into actually finding scum, so that's not exactly a positive for you, either.
In post 2345, ToastyToast wrote:
@SafetyDance: I dislike that you want a massclaim on D4.
There was also your 4 posts in a row that just seemed kind of unecessary and like you were talking just so you could say something.
You both address similar points so there's no point having two replies. What do you guys have against me having all the information about the setup and what has happened that you guys currently have now? Because that is all that I am trying to attain.

Not sure if you two have noticed but I have just replaced in. I have already stated that I am not going to read all 90+ pages, nor am I going to be able to read 400+ posts of someone like Wayne. So without doing that, the best way for me to gain information is to ask questions. I am going to write down my thoughts if I have any because that is something we should all be doing. It's called transparency.

There appears to be an obvious discrepancy between what the mod has posted as the mechanics to the setup and what has been revealed by the players. IF there is/was a player that was lying THEN THAT SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED.

Unless you know, you're trying to test out IgnoreAllLiars as a new playing strategy.
In post 2357, ToastyToast wrote:yeah the three people who have been in safetydance have all been ridiculously lurky. I seriously had to go back to figure out if they had even posted once.
Two people not three.

This is twice now you've appeared stupid just to taint someone as scum. I think it's deliberate.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 am

Post by SafetyDance »

I am at L+1? Wow.

Look at the votes, next to no reasoning.

Muffin votes because of other players on the slot previously
DN votes for fuck knows why.
Gollum just hates me, which isn't aligment indicative
RachMarie just parrots Muffin and puts at L-1 despite having a problem with GM.
I actually thought Toast was on it too, and he can't even get his facts right.

That's it. These people are prepared to lynch today for just that. Wow, this is great stuff.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

safetydance wrote:Except that's the same questions I've been trying to find answers to and have been met with negative reactions from everyone else.
I don't see any negative reactions from this.

Most of the negative feelings towards your slot come from the fact that your predecessors looked scummy (or less town than others), and you haven't exactly done much to change this.
safetydance wrote:Not a Massclaim but a flavor claim. There is a subtle difference.
No, not really. They are basically the same thing in this game, minus the fact that you can't guess the exact PRs from flavour.
safetydance wrote:What do you guys have against me having all the information about the setup and what has happened that you guys currently have now?
Nothing. But that's all you seem to be doing and I'd prefer seeing your thoughts on different players than have you speculate about the ring / ask about claims 20 posts in a row.

I think there's something up with goodmorning and the ring stuff, but I don't feel strongly enough about it that he's my preferred lynch today. He may just be town who did something really dumb.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Also, seeing as you replaced in this day phase and haven't exactly done much in the way of looking town, it kind of makes sense that you're being judged based on your predecessors.
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 am

Post by Gollum »

In post 2360, SafetyDance wrote: As for you're alignment, bandwagoning cheaply with no actual reason is definitely scummy.
If that's what we were doing then we'd agree.

You claim you still win when you die so why are you upset with getting lynched?

Why do you have very little scumhunting in your ISO?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:50 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2361, zMuffinMan wrote:
bro wrote:I don't see mafia motivation in what he did yesterday
Well the simple answer is he received the ring some time D2, unaware of how he got it (perhaps it was from a town player still alive) he pretended to have investigated subliminal, thinking he could destroy the ring after this and coast to endgame with the whole, "i investigated subliminal i can't be scum!" thing...

I am assuming he didn't think this through properly (he obviously didn't, regardless of alignment) and didn't expect to be criticised for this.
So if you think GM is scum for her actions then why are you not wanting to lynch her? That seems counter-intuitive.

The act of destroying the ring is very town. You realise that we can't win without it being destroyed? The thing you have to consider is whether or not GM is the type of player who has the balls to bus-investigate a partner like that when there's still 11 people alive.
bro wrote:the last mafioso is in {Gollum, Toasty, TF}
Why Gollum? He looks pretty town, given the interactions with the rest of the flipped wraith-scum. Not to mention he's one of the only players who seems to give a shit about scum hunting at this point.[/quote]
No he hasn't, he's just been reacting negatively to everyone and insulting them. You call that scumhunting?
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Gollum »

SD claiming that we aren't scumhunting is mildly amusing. He's obviously never bothered to read.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

safetydance wrote:So if you think GM is scum for her actions then why are you not wanting to lynch her? That seems counter-intuitive.
It was a hypothetical. BRO said he couldn't see the wraith-scum motivation, I explained the possibility I was considering where gm was actually wraith-scum.

It doesn't reflect my current thoughts on gm.
safetydance wrote:The act of destroying the ring is very town. You realise that we can't win without it being destroyed?
It's more to do with the fact that he did it after third party died. I'm going to assume third party needs to be alive to win.
safetydance wrote:No he hasn't, he's just been reacting negatively to everyone and insulting them. You call that scumhunting?
Well, that's not actually what he was doing. I understood that he had his own reasons for wanting a massclaim and didn't want to disclose those reasons, and gm prying about this was just dumb.

Other than that, gollum has been one of the only people actually trying to figure out who's scum. He's been asking good questions, and his thoughts are also mostly in line with my own (although I don't think I'm as suspicious of Toast as he currently is, and I'm not particularly suspicious of BRO at all atm)
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:59 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2364, zMuffinMan wrote:
safetydance wrote:Except that's the same questions I've been trying to find answers to and have been met with negative reactions from everyone else.
I don't see any negative reactions from this.

Most of the negative feelings towards your slot come from the fact that your predecessors looked scummy (or less town than others), and you haven't exactly done much to change this.
I don't know how being voted for and being accused as scum can be any more negative in this game.

I can't really do a lot when I'm being accused.
In post 2364, zMuffinMan wrote:
safetydance wrote:Not a Massclaim but a flavor claim. There is a subtle difference.
No, not really. They are basically the same thing in this game, minus the fact that you can't guess the exact PRs from flavour.
No, they're not.
safetydance wrote:What do you guys have against me having all the information about the setup and what has happened that you guys currently have now?
Nothing. But that's all you seem to be doing and I'd prefer seeing your thoughts on different players than have you speculate about the ring / ask about claims 20 posts in a row.

I think there's something up with goodmorning and the ring stuff, but I don't feel strongly enough about it that he's my preferred lynch today. He may just be town who did something really dumb.[/quote]
Well if I am asking 20 posts in a row (that was a terrible exaggeration on your part btw) its because people haven't answered or I DON'T EVERYTHING YOU DO. People being helpful does help me read them. Although it's pretty hard to distinguish anything here when people aren't helpful, aren't clear, vote for completely asinine reason and don't do anything to distinguish themselves as town.

If I think we should proceed with a flavor claim, why wouldn't I keep trying to push it?

I don't get you. You want me to be ignorant of the setup, in the dark as to what has happened and a supplicant to anything you say. WTF? I don't think that is good town-play. Sorry.
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Gollum »

Why has SD not claimed yet?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:09 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

safetydance wrote:I can't really do a lot when I'm being accused.
It's the other way around. You're being accused for not doing a lot.
safetydance wrote:Well if I am asking 20 posts in a row (that was a terrible exaggeration on your part btw)
Not really, you have 20 posts, it's happened 20 posts in a row.
safetydance wrote:Although it's pretty hard to distinguish anything here when people aren't helpful, aren't clear, vote for completely asinine reason and don't do anything to distinguish themselves as town
*shrug* I don't see how you hope to form reads without having at least looked through the ISOs of living players, if you're unwilling to read the game. You can argue that we aren't helping you today, but you're not exactly helping yourself if you're not even going to read the game that we're talking about.
safetydance wrote:I don't get you. You want me to be ignorant of the setup, in the dark as to what has happened and a supplicant to anything you say.
Honestly, it doesn't bother me if you ask about the setup for the next 100 posts, as long as the next 100 posts also include your thoughts on different players, who you think is scum and why, etc.

The problem is you're doing the former and not the latter.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:11 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2369, zMuffinMan wrote:
safetydance wrote:So if you think GM is scum for her actions then why are you not wanting to lynch her? That seems counter-intuitive.
It was a hypothetical. BRO said he couldn't see the wraith-scum motivation, I explained the possibility I was considering where gm was actually wraith-scum.

It doesn't reflect my current thoughts on gm.
So you she is definitely town? Also, she can't be any other scum unless you agree with Bro's scenario that it's a 3+1+1 setup. Then I can't wait for Nero to call you stupid. :roll:
safetydance wrote:The act of destroying the ring is very town. You realise that we can't win without it being destroyed?
It's more to do with the fact that he did it after third party died. I'm going to assume third party needs to be alive to win.
No, she did it after finding mafia-scum. If she did it after Who died then she could not have gotten the result on MS.

See, that is relevant information.
safetydance wrote:No he hasn't, he's just been reacting negatively to everyone and insulting them. You call that scumhunting?
Well, that's not actually what he was doing. I understood that he had his own reasons for wanting a massclaim and didn't want to disclose those reasons, and gm prying about this was just dumb.

Other than that, gollum has been one of the only people actually trying to figure out who's scum. He's been asking good questions, and his thoughts are also mostly in line with my own (although I don't think I'm as suspicious of Toast as he currently is, and I'm not particularly suspicious of BRO at all atm)
Note really. Insulting GM, calling Bro stupid, hating me. That's not scumhunting. That's just trying to browbeat anyone that doesn't agree with them

Also, have you noticed Toastie has been calling me scum for suggesting a flavor claim but he hasn't batted an eyelid over Gollum's MC suggestion?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:13 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2368, Gollum wrote:SD claiming that we aren't scumhunting is mildly amusing. He's obviously never bothered to read.
Spoiler:

In post 2371, Gollum wrote:Why has SD not claimed yet?
No one has asked.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”