Mini 1493: Lucky's <insert cool name here> game (GAME OVER)

archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Post by archaebob »

^Translation: for the love of god DON'T claim, and STOP talking about the possibility of lynching a power role.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by NicCage »

Wake can you chill
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

Vote Count 1.04

Wake88 (3): SalmonellaDreams, Squilly, Radiant Cowbells
Squilly (2): jackofspades, NicCage
Archaebob (1): Albert B. Rampage
Naomi-Tan (1): archaebob
SalmonellaDreams (1): hodge
NicCage (1): Aptil

Not Voting:
Naomi-Tan, Antihero, Wake88, theaceofspades

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

wake. you don't read as scum to me. but you are seriously being a jerkwad right now. "not here to make friends" neither am I. but I am still able to be civil.

Being a jerk isn't good scumhunting. I'm almost willing to lynch you because I see your behaivor as detrimental to the town, even if you aren't scum.

As it is. You still don't smell like scum to me, just asshole town. Unless I get a scumread from someone else, I'm willing to lynch you at deadline, just because you're what bob called you.

so please cool it, or else.
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

ah screw it.

the PR hinting rubs me the wrong way

VOTE: wake
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In Mafia, my gameplay is simple. In a way I'm like a mirror. If you're going to be a jerk, be disrespectful, or be a sarcastic ass, I'll make life an unholy living Hell for you. Why? Because this is a game and I come here in part for entertainment.

In truth I'm one of the calmest, most calculated, and most deliberate players in Mafia. That's not always good when playing as a Townie, because there's a lot of thought going on behind the curtains.

From my vantage point, people usuallydo act stupidly. You post a rather detailed scumread and like monkeys some people can't help but fling their dehydrated feces at it. That, and the constant nagging sense that there's at least one Scum and one Village Idiot trying to twist your words for one reason or another.

Do I seem mean to you? Well, you may want to work on showing some respect and kindness. I work very well with people who are capable of not being dicks. Those who don't, or are unable to be level-headed? Not so much.

Anyways, I'll impart another thorough read for those invested in killing Scum tomorrow.

EDIT: Aceofspades, i suggest you look at what started this. If you won't, then I can't help you.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

Wake definitely has delusions of grandeur.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by archaebob »

Ok, a couple of things.

@ Everyone -

I have a general request. When people are responding to specific posts, can we all please use the quote feature and include what we're responding to? The buttons on the right hand side make it very easy. I ask this so that when people read in iso, it's easier to keep track of what is happening. I know that a lot of the time people are giving one or two sentence responses to things that have just been posted, but none of that carries over in iso if you don't quote. I don't mean to encumber anyone; it's just borne very true in my experience that when a thread is easily researched the town keeps better track of the game narrative and enjoys the game more. These are strong pro-town factors that all too often neglected. Plus it takes half a second, just press the button before you type your response.

@ Squilly -

How many games have you played on mafiascum.net?

@ Naomi-Tan -
In post 115, Naomi-Tan wrote:
In post 114, NicCage wrote:Pst
Do you have any reads?
On page 5? I think its too soon to make any assumptions.
Then don't make assumptions. Nobody is asking you to carve your top suspect into your leg. My vote wasn't a reaction test; I need an opinion and a vote.

unvote

vote theaceofspades
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Wake -

Is there a reason you are ignoring my posts?
"Just asking, jeez..."
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

Wake88 wrote:In Mafia, my gameplay is simple. In a way I'm like a mirror. If you're going to be a jerk, be disrespectful, or be a sarcastic ass, I'll make life an unholy living Hell for you. Why? Because this is a game and I come here in part for entertainment.

In truth I'm one of the calmest, most calculated, and most deliberate players in Mafia. That's not always good when playing as a Townie, because there's a lot of thought going on behind the curtains.

EDIT: Aceofspades, i suggest you look at what started this. If you won't, then I can't help you.
started "this"? what this are you referring to?

your dickness?

or your unnecessary PR hints. cause it's the latter that I'm voting for. The other stuff is personal and not related to my vote. (well maybe a little)
V/LA weekends
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 158, archaebob wrote:@ Wake -

Is there a reason you are ignoring my posts?
is there a reason for voting me?
V/LA weekends
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Wake1 »

If I am forced to role claim Day 1, which is what I have been trying to avoid for some time (in part due to the drama some village idiots have caused), I will not be kind thereafter.why? I don't take too kindly to people who are willfully ignorant.

Then again, go ahead. I could use the entertainment.

EDIT: SD, you don't even understand what you're saying.

EDIT #2: Don't be a moron, archaebob. I already told you what's up.
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 161, Wake1 wrote:If I am forced to role claim Day 1, which is what I have been trying to avoid for some time (in part due to the drama some village idiots have caused), I will not be kind thereafter.why? I don't take too kindly to people who are willfully ignorant.

dude there's a difference between disagree and being a prick about stuff. you're on the latter side. and it's unnecessary. and way uncool
V/LA weekends
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 159, theaceofspades wrote:
Wake88 wrote:In Mafia, my gameplay is simple. In a way I'm like a mirror. If you're going to be a jerk, be disrespectful, or be a sarcastic ass, I'll make life an unholy living Hell for you. Why? Because this is a game and I come here in part for entertainment.

started "this"? what this are you referring to?

your dickness?

or your unnecessary PR hints. cause it's the latter that I'm voting for. The other stuff is personal and not related to my vote. (well maybe a little)
This behavior is why you and quite a few other players fit into my narrative. All you seee is me being course with someone. And you think that's wrong. But, you never ever understand why. Some people are just like that. They never stop and think and try to understand the origins of things. It's intellectual laziness that I have absolutely no patience for.

I'm not saying I'm a PR. Not at all. However, if I do get to L-1 because of the actions of certain Village Idiots, I will my state my role, whether it be PR or VT.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 162, theaceofspades wrote:
In post 161, Wake1 wrote:If I am forced to role claim Day 1, which is what I have been trying to avoid for some time (in part due to the drama some village idiots have caused), I will not be kind thereafter.why? I don't take too kindly to people who are willfully ignorant.

dude there's a difference between disagree and being a prick about stuff. you're on the latter side. and it's unnecessary. and way uncool
Don't "dude" me, kid, or bother me about empty notions like "being cool." I'm not some teenager who eats nachos and smokes cannabis.

You're starting to seem like a kid whose brain hasn't full developed. In light of how you can't even form logical thoughts grounded in reason and evidence, perhaps I can take that perception to the bank.

Like I said, I'm like a mirror. If you behave poorly towards me, it's like poking a badger. It never ends well. Treat me with kindness and general respect, and you will receive double in return. Strangely enough average people don't choose the latter option even when it's made known. How I am to you hinges on how you are towards me. It's simple. Really, really simple.
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

i'm not being disrespectful though...... why are you so mad?

insulting the way I speak? of what relevance is that? I said the word dude. So now I'm an undeveloped kid? that makes no sense whatsoever. It just proves that you're being mean for no reason.

I have no clue why you have such a superiority complex. And right now. I've seriously decided I don't care if you're scum or not. you're just so unhelpful that I would much rather you be gone.
V/LA weekends
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Oh?

I wasn't impolite in the least with my wagon; I kept the game professional so to speak.
As for you, RC , you're acting stupidly as well. Go ahead and try to lynch me. I'd love to see you explain yourself in the aftermath. Hell, I'll even vote for myself. Oh. Wait. That's what you do. Not me.
That was your response.

So continue to blame others for your intolerable behaviour.
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 166, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh?

I wasn't impolite in the least with my wagon; I kept the game professional so to speak.
As for you, RC , you're acting stupidly as well. Go ahead and try to lynch me. I'd love to see you explain yourself in the aftermath. Hell, I'll even vote for myself. Oh. Wait. That's what you do. Not me.
That was your response.

So continue to blame others for your intolerable behaviour.
^^^^
V/LA weekends
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Interesting.

If I get to L-1, I'll state my role and the game will change. Don't quickhammer. Post-game, Ace, we can talk if you want. ;-)
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 168, Wake1 wrote:Interesting.

If I get to L-1, I'll state my role and the game will change. Don't quickhammer. Post-game, Ace, we can talk if you want. ;-)

i look forward to it.
V/LA weekends
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Well, Wake just claimed PR.

Faburistic!
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Wake -

I don't see your answer anywhere. I've asked you for something fairly straightforward: explain how your ideal Day 1 would transpire. What characterizes intelligent town play at the start of the game when we have no information? You make very strong claims about the stupidity of everyone else's approach, yet I am still awaiting a semi-articulate thought from you regarding this important question of mafia theory. Do you actually have any insights to share, or is it all bluster and pomp with you? Reading your posts, I don't see a calm, collected, intelligent individual who is dishing out badly needed lessons to the throng. I see a cocky 14 - 19 year old who fancies himself a budding young intellectual in the making, but who as a result of some severe, latent personal insecurity, feels the need to roleplay online as a cocksure, dominant, take-no-shit type, except you have neither the writing chops nor the critical awareness to pull it off, so instead you spam schoolyard cliches ("don't piss in my wheaties and call it milk." ooh. you really told him) in a flailing attempt to establish your psychical superiority over those who have asked you reasonable questions and are quickly growing bored of your antics. I hate it to break it to you, but we are not impressed with your affected self-assurance, and you have not actually done anything to demonstrate your maturity or your intelligence. Your posts are weak, your contribution is non-existent, and your schtick is transparent as air.

From where I'm sitting, it looks like you have two options.

1) You can try to call my bluff and push the pedal to the floor. Ooh yeah, you're the man. After all, if you just commit completely enough we're bound to realize that we're all "village idiots" and that you really are Anu and Enlil's gift to mafia. Go ahead, write that snarky, dismissive response to this post. I'm excited to see what new insults you can come up with, and I'll miss you after your lynch.

2) You can recognize that some of the things you are being asked to do are not insane, and that it is in fact
your
pride that has lead to the dialogue deteriorating this far. Nobody in this town knows your alignment; it is
you
who are being rude if you refuse to answer simple questions for no clear reason, and
you
who has his head up his ass ("God's special little snowflake") if you get indignant when people fail to prostrate themselves before you while demanding answers. You can take a step back, make a face-saving post, and then start playing like someone who is actually more interested in winning the game for the town than in having their ego stroked. I strongly recommend this option.

Here, I have something which will help. It is a gorgeous and humorous video about the virtue of humility. Watch it, rethink your life some, and then show us what you're really made of.
"Just asking, jeez..."
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Don't sell yourself short, RC. You should know by now that my keen eye rarely misses observable details. In (140) it seems to me that you think it's unbelievably scummy when I said "I would watch those angling to lynch him," in regards to players voting for Squillybased on his hapless behavior. What you need to understand is that Townies often make mistakes that appear Anti-Town. You the call me unreasonable aggressive in (wse) when you have no clue what is actually happening. Don't claim what reason is when you're saying so from a rather subjective and opinionated vantage point. And, finally in (150), you basically consider my my posts "shit he's selling." Did you forget these statements?

RC, you're susceptible to acting out due to emotions and drama. You nearly wrecked Town in that other game because you self-lynched as Town Doctor Day 1. I have to keep this in mind as a member of Town, because if you're able to do that, you're able to completely disregard what I actually say and do, while also making incredibly dangerous and stupid assertions by saying people are 100% Scum or Town Day 1 with absolutely no reasonable evidence.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'll respond to you tomorrow morning, Bob.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by archaebob »

^ Looks like that link got screwed up by copyright. Here's the actual video.

It really is amazing, for anyone else who wants to see it: http://vimeo.com/68855377
"Just asking, jeez..."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”