Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I do think Random is most likely for the neighborhoods.
Shadoweh might be scum. I'll agree that she and Desperado are probably the best options for today. There isn't much time left for me to become properly useful is there :(.
Townreads need rethinking because there are just too many of them.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Bert »

@Shadoweh:

1) I don't read wiki's religiously

2) I just got out of a game where there were two neighborhoods and that's what Yates quoted while we were discussing the multiple neighborhoods and what to do FYI

3) I wasn't quoting at you. Why are you so over-defensive? It doesn't feel genuine

P-edit: Llamarble all of your last post just parrots what other people have said. You scum, bro?

Vote: Llamarble

You brought nothing new in that last post, you copied what people said, and you flat-out used time constraints as an excuse for not being useful?

Ughhhhh
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 950, Llamarble wrote:I do think Random is most likely for the neighborhoods.
Shadoweh might be scum. I'll agree that she and Desperado are probably the best options for today. There isn't much time left for me to become properly useful is there :(.
Bert, are you town?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Generic »

Lol. I quoted a post without even choosing to, that's new.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 950, Llamarble wrote: Shadoweh might be scum. I'll agree that she and Desperado are probably the best options for today. There isn't much time left for me to become properly useful is there :(.
1) Shadoweh might be scum? You're the first to say that, but without any weight behind the statement

2) You have ample time to become useful; what kind of excuse is that

3) townreads need rethinking? Updated scumreads please
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 953, Generic wrote:Lol. I quoted a post without even choosing to, that's new.
On my phone and having trouble editing anything so in just typing what comes out of my head

That was me wondering in my head if he's scum, didn't realize I asked him that lol
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Bert »

Shadoweh and Llamarble are warming up as scumreads

Empire/Tammy can be investigated and we can figure them out if one is the scumbag (I bet one is - the way they kept accusing each other of not reading each other as town was so wordy, repetitive and manafactured sounding, such that it leads me to believe one is scum.) one of those gut feelings heebie jeebies. I think it's Empire.

PB is who I'm most confused about, that playstyle could get by as either alignment easily, question is how to tell

Nacho is my strongest townread. I like Generic and Mara a lot and wouldn't ever touch them.

Garan leaning town,

Kuribo/Gaiden balance each other out, jury's still out but leaning town

Shoe is probably town - blatant willing lynchbait and playing mind games with us

Desp confuses the hell outta me, don't know how to read him, seems like an enigma

I'm on my phone, so if I forgot you, it means I don't remember you which is very very bad

God I'm tired
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Empire »

Ok, I'm in the middle of my catch-up (and also a little buzzed) but this post shocked me in its sheer badness that I pretty much feel obligated to respond right now.
In post 864, TheGarantula wrote:I'm still trying to understand what the supposed harm in my outing of Empire's role flavor was. Not only was it obvious, but it would be inconsequential unless you were purposefully trying to insinuate that it is related to his abilities or alignment. If that's the case, why would you making a big deal out of it be any better?

If we entertain the idea that you are both scum, then perhaps the exchange could have been to allow Empire to claim a role indirectly, so as not to raise suspicions. Then, he could reference it later as evidence (a la the usual breadcrumb).

If only one of you is scum, then the exchange would have served as public buddying. In the case that either of you flipped, it might have implied the same alignment of the other, especially if this sort of behavior continued.

I guess I just can't get over the idea that the breadcrumb was meant to be picked up by someone other than kuribo. Perhaps it wasn't meant for town to notice, but was instead an attempt by Empire to communicate with his partners indirectly? This doesn't seem as likely, but I guess it's still possible.

In essence,
FOS: Both of you
. I see more scum motivation behind it than town motivation (which I see little of).
Literally, none of these scenarios make a lick of sense:
1) Even if you think of main motivation behind said breadcrumb was to crumb my role (which is not only
not
what my primary intention was but not even close to what I actually did considering breadcrumbing flavor =/= breadcrumbing role), scum are obviously not the only ones who have motivation to do so. There are plenty of reasons why town would breadcrumb, including *gasp* dropping hints to figure out the alignment of another player.
2) You are basically suggesting that I acted in concert with a replacement (e.g., a guy who would not have the benefit of pre-game talk and I'm assuming there's no daytalk here given the Neighborhoods don't have it either) to contrive a breadcrumb for the sole purpose of making us both look town. To do this, we would needed to have planned this out and have discussed it considering the idea is pretty contrived and complicated, especially when you consider that kuribo claimed his role way before I hinted at mine. Given that it's pretty much close to a certainty that scum don't have daytalk, you're seriously expecting kuribo and I to have pulled this off with absolutely no discussion/coordination whatsoever? Do you see how absurd this is yet?
3) What the hell would be the point of buddying someone like kuribo (who is pretty obviously not susceptible to it) in such a contrived manner when there's much easier/straightforward ways of doing it or I could just simply get rid of kuribo with a nightkill?
4) If I were scum, why the hell would I need to communicate something that my partners would already know (my claim + flavor)?

So you're basically faced with either I contrived something ridiculous in an attempt to make myself look town or the much simpler explanation that maybe, just maaaaaaaaybe, I crumbed my role because I wanted to gauge the alignment of another player.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 951, Bert wrote:@Shadoweh:
3) I wasn't quoting at you. Why are you so over-defensive? It doesn't feel genuine
It's almost like I'm frustrated that the only reason some people have given that I'm scum is 'there must be one in the neighbourhoods'.
Also I don't like you. We established that part already. Now stop jumping around like a lunatic and get back on the wagon.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Llamarble »

You brought nothing new in that last post.
I spose that's what happens when I feel bad about not posting but don't have that much new stuff to share.
I found a lynch I believe in (desperado). I think the odds he flips scum are solid, and if we hit scum D1 we'll probably win. Lets do that.
I'm not going to let a lynch I don't feel will scumflip happen, but I dunno if I'll get much proper threadscouring in before today ends either.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 958, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 951, Bert wrote:@Shadoweh:
It's almost like I'm frustrated that the only reason some people have given that I'm scum is 'there must be one in the neighbourhoods'.
Also I don't like you. We established that part already. Now stop jumping around like a lunatic and get back on the wagon.
1) If you think "there must be scum in the neighborhoods" is the main part or why youre being considered as scum, you are sadly mistaken.

2) We can stay civil. You don't have to like me, but that doesn't mean you complain about not liking me so frequently

3) you mentioned not wanting personal fights, so please don't read (2) and then hurl another insult again
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Desperado

i'm probably gonna vote this until it dies.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by Bert »

Vote: Desperado

#WeTrustInNacho
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 934, Ms Marangal wrote:I understand why Empire is reading Shadoweh as town, though I don't really agree with him. I think that it's very possible for her to wanting to "work with us" so that, she could gain some inside knowledge and manipulate us for the duration of the game.
Shadoweh doesn't really strike me as the kind who would take that path though.

---

@Bert:

1) Read the wiki section you quoted again. "Multiple Neighborhoods -> higher odds that at least one of them has a scum Neighbor" =/= "multiple Neighborhoods -> "higher odds that
each
of them has a scum Neighbor.
2) Erm, by suggesting that the suspect pool should be {Shadoweh/Llamarble/Tammy/myself} you're basically saying that the entire scum team are Neighbors (assuming the standard 10:3)...that's pretty much impossible (also, Tammy and myself are both town, take that to the bank).

@Nacho:
What's your updated read on the Shoe? I'm honestly getting cold feet on lynching that slot knowing that it's Muttley because I remember him being really useless in Open 501 and some other game where he was town (need to look it up). I don't really feel a Desperado wagon either. I don't know, I just feel like I have a severe case of the bads in this game where everyone looks town (I've become literally Tammy circa Day 3/4). I'm at the point where I just have a list of people I pretty much never plan on voting (you, Tammy, Marangal, PB, Garantula, and maybe Bert) but everyone else looks like town to me in some form or another.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by Empire »

Also, Llamarble, you have something like 4 RL days to get through this and actually involve yourself in the game. How is that not enough time?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.13

kuribo [1]: The Purple Shoe
Desperado [4]: Llamarble, Shadoweh, Nachomamma8, Bert
The Purple Shoe [1]: Desperado
PeaceBringer [1]: TheGarantula
Shadoweh [1]: Ms Marangal
TheGarantula [2]: kuribo, PeaceBringer

Not Voting [3] - Empire, Generic, Tammy

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is August 30, 2013, at 11:00 AM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-08-30 13:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by Llamarble »

4 days is enough for another pass or two, but this week is going to be pretty busy.
Anyhow, I'll do my best to make time.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by FakeGod »

inte replaces kuribo
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Post by inte »

sup nerds

ill read or something i guess
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

I won't be around for the next two days but I really don't want to lynch outside the neighbours, not even to try and get a generic lynch

/ phonepost
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

VOTE: marble

If he flips scum, I'll feel better about shadoweh
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Post by Generic »

That's a busy slot inte has inherited...
The Purple Shoe
The Purple Shoe
Goon
The Purple Shoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Post by The Purple Shoe »

Mara you said this was my scum meta. Can you show me a game where I was scum and like this?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by Generic »

I'm still waiting for the clique to decide who will be lynched. That's how this day is going to end almost certainly.

Or are we waiting on the next set of replacees if those claiming they will replace out actually do?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Bert »

In post 973, Generic wrote:I'm still waiting for the clique to decide who will be lynched. That's how this day is going to end almost certainly.

Why the casual wait-and-see approach? You aren't taken the initiative. It's your vote too, ya know!
In post 969, Ms Marangal wrote:I won't be around for the next two days but I really don't want to lynch outside the neighbours, not even to try and get a generic lynch

/ phonepost
You still think Generic scum after all of the things that have happened? What gives
In post 963, Empire wrote:2) Erm, by suggesting that the suspect pool should be {Shadoweh/Llamarble/Tammy/myself} you're basically saying that the entire scum team are Neighbors (assuming the standard 10:3)...that's pretty much impossible (also, Tammy and myself are both town, take that to the bank).
Well, I said one of you/Tammy is probably town. And no, I'm not taking Tammy-town to the bank until she's actually dead. If it's 10:3, probably 1 scum in Shadoweh/Llamarble (probably Shadoweh), then 1 in Tammy/Empire, and then 1 in my confused reads category (Desperado/PB). Still don't know which yet, but that's where I'm leaning at the moment.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”