Mini 1493: Lucky's <insert cool name here> game (GAME OVER)

archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by archaebob »

Players that need to post more, no really go read their iso:

hodge
jackofspades
Naomi-Tan
Squilly

You all should be as worried about them as I am. We need to squeeze content or replacements out of them before the day ends.

@ those I mention above -

What do you think of nic cage?
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by NicCage »

Alright, is there actually a case against me?
I haven't seen anyone give any compelling reasons why I'm scum.
I'd like to hear from all of you, but I definitely want to know why theaceofspades considers me scummy.
hodge
hodge
Goon
hodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 am

Post by hodge »

Think NicCage is fine for now, I don't see any real hard evidence of scummy behaviour, but keeping him at null for now.

Because of the way they have acted so far

VOTE: Squilly
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:44 am

Post by archaebob »

In post 302, hodge wrote:Because of the way they have acted so far

This is the easiest, most contentless move you could make right now. Do you have any reason to think Squilly is scum as opposed to just lurker?
"Just asking, jeez..."
aptil
aptil
Mafia Scum
aptil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 am

Post by aptil »

This is day1 so i do not know how strongly others feel about this read.I have quoted most of the things that i find are scum worthy posts by NicCage.
In post 34, NicCage wrote:I haven't asked anyone to do anything.
An outright lie.I think he slipped up here.
In post 36, NicCage wrote:It was. That doesn't mean I actually want those asked it to do anything, I just want to know why you're doing one thing rather than the other.
Do you find my not voting and my question suspicious?
This was the response to my question which was unsatisfactory to me and he just said(what he really meant by it): his first big post in this game was mostly nothing and you could have ignored me.So I will try and deflect further by asking you more questions.
In post 46, NicCage wrote:It's not clear, but whatever.
Here i am not sure if he teams up with Wake or he just sees an opportunity where a heated discussion might take place and he would like to make everybody see he is trying to act town on his own.Subsequently when others see the side he has taken against wake does not seem strong to others ,he moves on to Squilly.
In post 108, NicCage wrote:@aptil
Nah lol.

Is this based on what you said earlier?
This was his response to getting voted by me.This looked like nobody is going to believe you and let me just move and not actually provide any content in my post.

All in all i think he has tried to play like he is scum hunting seriously and then when most of the people have said he behaves suspiciously he has tried to go off the radar.So my vote is on Nic until he makes a valid arguement .
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Antihero »

Hey ABR, you seem familiar with archaebob's meta.

Does he usually go after lurkers like this?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

He doesn't seem to be going after lurkers so hard or else he wouldn't have complained about Squilly being voted.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 am

Post by NicCage »

In post 304, aptil wrote:This is day1 so i do not know how strongly others feel about this read.I have quoted most of the things that i find are scum worthy posts by NicCage.
In post 34, NicCage wrote:I haven't asked anyone to do anything.
An outright lie.I think he slipped up here.
Show how I've lied. Pro tip: You can't, because I haven't
In post 36, NicCage wrote:It was. That doesn't mean I actually want those asked it to do anything, I just want to know why you're doing one thing rather than the other.
Do you find my not voting and my question suspicious?
This was the response to my question which was unsatisfactory to me and he just said(what he really meant by it): his first big post in this game was mostly nothing and you could have ignored me.So I will try and deflect further by asking you more questions.
How the fuck does the explanation you offered make any sense to you? It's obvious English isn't your first language, but damn you must be almost trying to misread what I've said.

Listen: You said
In post 33, aptil wrote:you ask people to hop on a wagon yet you have not voted for anyone .
Except I didn't ask people to hop on a wagon, I asked
why
they
weren't
hopping on a wagon.
Why are you all voting random ass people rather than wagoning?
Yeah, that post isn't super important. It's not much more important than an RVS vote. The only purpose of that question was to start discussion. Except I never got any answers from anyone except you. I didn't
want
to be ignored, and by you I wasn't. I didn't see any reason to press my question further.
Here i am not sure if he teams up with Wake or he just sees an opportunity where a heated discussion might take place and he would like to make everybody see he is trying to act town on his own.Subsequently when others see the side he has taken against wake does not seem strong to others ,he moves on to Squilly.
Uh, again, what? I thought it was pretty obvious from Wake's initial response to my question that he was going to be unhelpful, so I was going to ignore him and read him through the interactions he chose rather than trying to drag an answer out of him. Maybe I switched because I don't actually think Wake is scum?
In post 108, NicCage wrote:@aptil
Nah lol.

Is this based on what you said earlier?
This was his response to getting voted by me.This looked like nobody is going to believe you and let me just move and not actually provide any content in my post.
What content do you want, you haven't asked me for anything. Yeah I was pretty much brushing you off, because your case against me was and is completely baseless. I asked you your reasoning on voting me to judge whether you had developed a better case. Clearly not.
All in all i think he has tried to play like he is scum hunting seriously and then when most of the people have said he behaves suspiciously he has tried to go off the radar.So my vote is on Nic until he makes a valid arguement .
Fine.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Banksys Flareon Replaces Radiant Cowbells.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:12 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 306, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He doesn't seem to be going after lurkers so hard or else he wouldn't have complained about Squilly being voted.
/ bleh

well, he's not wrong (regarding hodge's vote that is)
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:24 am

Post by archaebob »

Antihero wrote:Hey ABR, you seem familiar with archaebob's meta.

Does he usually go after lurkers like this?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:He doesn't seem to be going after lurkers so hard or else he wouldn't have complained about Squilly being voted.
1) Always. I've posted MD stuff about it too.
2) Hodge is a lurker, so he doesn't get to just passively vote for other lurkers. If Hodge were to come in and say "YEAH people let's pressure this lurker, ok let's mobilize" and started taking active, dynamic steps to coordinate a pressure wagon, I'd be all about it. Yeah, Squilly is on my list, but that's not going to make me more favorable to a vote as utterly nondescript as hodge's.

@ nic -

You don't actually care about anything.

1)
In post 30, NicCage wrote:Why were you voting for someone who hasn't shown up yet? They can't react to your vote.
In post 31, aptil wrote:So they can come and react to my vote.Get all players in as soon as possible.
In post 32, NicCage wrote:They'll get here when they get here, I don't think a vote they haven't seen yet will get them here any faster.
But whatever, I accept your explanation.
2)
In post 44, NicCage wrote:
In post 42, Wake1 wrote:Activity's good; paranoia isn't.
Could you explain what you're referring to?
In post 45, Wake1 wrote:No. It's not complicated.
Do you actually have opinions?
In post 54, NicCage wrote:This is a little silly, as
I've
already asked civilly, and this isn't really scummy enough to warrant a vote.
In post 55, Wake1 wrote:It was more neutral, Nic.

I don't think I need to explain what "activity is good; paranoia isn't." Shouldn't have to; don't want to.

If you will ask me nicely, with a "please," I'll oblige you in detail.
In post 56, NicCage wrote:Nah I'm good.
Though I have had a change of heart.
VOTE: Wake88
Convenient. Let's pick the overtly unpopular player and vote him when he predictably fails to cooperate with my softball questions.

You haven't done anything. Your vote is on Squilly, which is completely useless, especially since you aren't doing anything to mobilize town efforts.

It's not so much that these are slips; scum with a decent head on its shoulders never slips. It's just safe and bored and calculated.

What I need from you is something drastic and passion-laden. The kind of thing with a lot of writing, and where town-nic is likely to do it differently from scum-nic. Pick a cause and fight for it.
"Just asking, jeez..."
hodge
hodge
Goon
hodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:32 am

Post by hodge »

In post 303, archaebob wrote:
In post 302, hodge wrote:Because of the way they have acted so far

This is the easiest, most contentless move you could make right now. Do you have any reason to think Squilly is scum as opposed to just lurker?
Squilly has made the effort to come on and change votes, but voting for what was seen as the obvious choice while not greatly contributing anything for the reasoning.

I contemplated voting for Wake however on the off chance Wake is telling the truth i'd rather not go after a PR without greater proof regardless how annoying. We can wait and see if Wake has anything going till the next day phase imo and we should be in a better position to tell then.

As for my activity I explained why I had a slow start to the game.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Antihero »

you really think it's more likely than not that this is a scum gambit?
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:41 am

Post by NicCage »

Yeah I do have opinions, just not cases. I'm not feeling the passion, I'm not enjoying this game yet so you're not going to get any.
Convenient. Let's pick the overtly unpopular player and vote him when he predictably fails to cooperate with my softball questions.
Seriously, do you
really
think that's what happened? He was unpopular until I asked him that question, and I didn't even try to blow up that stupid argument, SD did. I tried to avoid the damn thing because I knew it would be useless and counterproductive to my reads.

I haven't done anything for you. But I have been doing things for me. I've been trying to get reads, but I guess I'm not allowed to do that.
I'll switch tactics then. Expect something from me by the end of today.

Also, to those who are talking about lynching, we should not lynch someone right now when we have all this time left.
Banksys Flareon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 am

Post by Banksys Flareon »

Hello hello

What an apathetic bunch you are. No one seems to give a shit when they get voted, and no one seems to give a shit when they don't give a shit. Many of the accusations flying around, albeit most are at Wake, seem to center around doing things without a reason. At the risk of sounding like an IC of some newbie game, can we all try to post our reasoning a little more clearly? Some of you are, and some of you aren't. Please don't waste mooore time informing me that you have in fact been posting diligently as I'm sure Wake will anyway.

When I was reading the thread I immediately had my mind made up to vote Ace. I saw his post in which he suggested he just might be able to morally stomach lynching Wake for being so anti-town, and he might be scum anyway, right? My stomach actually turned at that one, it's kind of an exciting feeling when you think you've just cracked the code. Then archaebob voted him, and I thought "oh you, archaebob. Well done." Then lo and behold archaebob's reasoning is the same as mine. This was both exciting and disappointing. It means my suspicions of ace are not unfounded, but it also means the trail has run dry (for the moment). It was a very scummy thing to say, but a line of inquiry would end fairly quickly, especially in this town. Plus, Albert had the good sense to say:
I'm able to follow his line of thinking so far; it makes sense.
Scum usually don't change their minds as easily as town in my experience.

So I'm sure we'll see scum changing their minds all over the place and being happy to do it.

Also, @Albert: I apologize on behalf of Radiant Cowbell ;)

So! I will return to Ace in the not too distant future. I commit to that, I float my read out there, etc. etc. I'd like you all to do the same as much as possible.

@Ace: Before I actually vote you, I've noticed the vast majority of your posts are simply reactions to Wake's resemblance to an anal cavity. You've gotten away with this because he is overpowering all discussions with hints about how great he is (I'm really stretching the meaning of the word hint). I would very much like it of you would post clear reads of at least two of three players who you find scummiest, with reasons why, etc.

@All, but especially Wake: The reason I'm not voting Ace yet is because I think there is a better place for my vote in the immediate future. See, I actually read archaebob's article on environments and I found a great deal to agree with (for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's in one of his posts directed at Wake when Wake starts accusing him). As I said earlier, a line of inquiry for Ace is relatively fruitless until he posts more, though I'm far from opposed to a pressure wagon on him if such a thing materializes.

@Wake: Your play style is bad for town. I spent 90% of my read being annoyed and frustrated with you. You have created an environment in which it is easy for scum to hide. They can all just get upset with you and spend pages and pages calling you anti-town, pressuring you to be nicer and to post more content, and never feel obligated to talk about anyone else. Town are going to do that too, because you really are a huge asshole. Your playstyle has not resulted in a suspicion I find remotely useful. You attacked archaebob for the most inane reasons and use your asshole personality as a fallback to avoid having to explain yourself. You've used your asshole personality to avoid answering Albert's questions as well, even after being asked directly several times. You had all your softclaiming shit, and then hard claim of Town Tracker. This is more anti-town behavior that scum players can latch onto and have a nice warm place to ride through day 1 in. You need to stop. You need to answer questions directed at you.

Vote: NicCage

Nic, you were great at the beginning in trying to generate discussion, then you fell into the Wake trap, then you kind of flailed blindly to get out of the Wake trap, and since then you haven't done anything very useful, including (until very recently) give a serious response to accusations of you. There is little to add to archaebob's post responding to yours, though I would like you to feel under great pressure to respond adequately.
Banksys Flareon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Banksys Flareon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:51 am

Post by Banksys Flareon »

@Hodge: I am now making the same expression as your avatar at you. Your response is really accusing squilly of being scummy for voting seemingly at random and with little reason? You understand this is what you're being accused of, right?
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 am

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 314, Banksys Flareon wrote:

@Ace: Before I actually vote you, I've noticed the vast majority of your posts are simply reactions to Wake's resemblance to an anal cavity. You've gotten away with this because he is overpowering all discussions with hints about how great he is (I'm really stretching the meaning of the word hint). I would very much like it of you would post clear reads of at least two of three players who you find scummiest, with reasons why, etc.
unfortunately, i don't have any real scum reads, mainly because wake has created enough strife that I can't really read much posting from anybody,

But i'll go for it nevertheless.

Hodge: He strikes me as someone who's behind on the thread, that happened to me this weekend, and I know it's difficult to catch up. I'll give him a null.

Cage: the most scummy so far, for reasons that I have already posted.

bob: Prob town. scumhunting, acceptable pushes.

Jack: see hodge

Squilly: see jack

Albert: prob town, see bob

Aptil: town leaning null, responses to nic and wake seem consistent with town, lack of posting since could be either lurking or not actually having anything to say

salmonella: Null, no town read, no scum read. Truest null you can find.

Wake: ? pain in the ass.

Naomi: see jack

Lucky2u: THE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE WHOLE FREAKING GAME. I'm honestly really jealous of him. He is so great.
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:13 am

Post by archaebob »

In post 313, NicCage wrote:Yeah I do have opinions, just not cases. I'm not feeling the passion, I'm not enjoying this game yet so you're not going to get any.
Yeah, we can thank Wake for that. Still, the scumhunting has to occur somehow.
Nic Cage wrote: Seriously, do you
really
think that's what happened? He was unpopular until I asked him that question, and I didn't even try to blow up that stupid argument, SD did. I tried to avoid the damn thing because I knew it would be useless and counterproductive to my reads.
You didn't try very hard.
Nic Cage wrote:I haven't done anything for you. But I have been doing things for me. I've been trying to get reads, but I guess I'm not allowed to do that.
I'll switch tactics then. Expect something from me by the end of today.
Oh pish posh. Like anyone is telling you not to get reads.

I look forwards to your upcoming pivot.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 am

Post by archaebob »

@ Banksys -

Is this your first game?
"Just asking, jeez..."
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:27 am

Post by NicCage »

meant to say he wasn't unpopular till I asked him that question.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:48 am

Post by NicCage »

In post 316, theaceofspades wrote:Cage: the most scummy so far, for reasons that I have already posted.
Errm.
In post 202, theaceofspades wrote:Nic Cage is the only slightly scummy person that I see as of now. i'm of the opinion that he and wake both came out badly from the whole paranoia thing. i'd be willing to vote him assuming that wake makes a very convincing claim.

i wanna hear from nic before I vote him though.
What is it that you want to hear from me?
And would you like to elaborate on you reasoning a little, or was there more that I have missed?
What about the "paranoia thing" do you think made us come out badly?
Or is that just an excuse so that you can express interest in joining the biggest wagons?
Because that's what it looks like you're doing.
In post 154, theaceofspades wrote:ah screw it.

the PR hinting rubs me the wrong way

VOTE: wake
I mean, that's what it looks like you're doing here too.
Might wanna explain that why the PR hinting warrants a vote. Also, after he claims, now he's only a "pain in the ass". Why is that?
___

And on another note, my vote on squilly was for pressure so that he would explain himself further. I felt that him explaining his confusing reasoning more will help me determine whether he is newbtown or newbscum. Cause it looks to me like it can go either way.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 am

Post by archaebob »

mod - Can we a vote count please?
"Just asking, jeez..."
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 am

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 320, NicCage wrote:
In post 316, theaceofspades wrote:Cage: the most scummy so far, for reasons that I have already posted.
Errm.
In post 202, theaceofspades wrote:Nic Cage is the only slightly scummy person that I see as of now. i'm of the opinion that he and wake both came out badly from the whole paranoia thing. i'd be willing to vote him assuming that wake makes a very convincing claim.

i wanna hear from nic before I vote him though.
What is it that you want to hear from me?
And would you like to elaborate on you reasoning a little, or was there more that I have missed?
What about the "paranoia thing" do you think made us come out badly?
Or is that just an excuse so that you can express interest in joining the biggest wagons?
Because that's what it looks like you're doing.
In post 154, theaceofspades wrote:ah screw it.

the PR hinting rubs me the wrong way

VOTE: wake
I mean, that's what it looks like you're doing here too.
Might wanna explain that why the PR hinting warrants a vote. Also, after he claims, now he's only a "pain in the ass". Why is that?
___

And on another note, my vote on squilly was for pressure so that he would explain himself further. I felt that him explaining his confusing reasoning more will help me determine whether he is newbtown or newbscum. Cause it looks to me like it can go either way.
in the same way that demanding a population's tax returns or birth certificate helps nobody.

the people doing the asking look like an idiot because there's really no evidence of lying. You, nic should have know the answer to your question, behaving like a rabid porcupine is not time well spent.

The person not giving the information looks like an idiot for creating an argument where there is none, appearing to have something to hide, and for being high minded instead of practical.

I'm not voting wake, and he's just a pain in the ass because I can't call his claim scummy, and it's enough of a risk that I'm not comfortable lynching him, at least today.
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 am

Post by theaceofspades »

errr politician. not population
V/LA weekends
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Wake1 »

I dislike it when people don't listen or understand, or even try. In one game I was Scum, I was deliberately annoying and abrasive, which caused the rest of the players to simply ignore me even when I was dead-accurate. That paved our way to a Scum victory.

But, I'm pretty sure, as people usually are, that I'll either be ignored or my comments will be twisted. Time well spent, right? Not. At times I wonder why I even play certain games like this one, when it feels like I'm just wasting my time with thankless people.

The funniest thing is that everyone completely ignored how I pointed out that SalmonellaDreams has solely focused on me and hasn't even posted a null read about 10 other players. If he and I were a Scum team, and Town went out of their way to ignore me and by extent his actions I'm noting, we'd win. Think about it.

Maybe I should communicate with players using reverse psychology. "Hey, don't suspect SD. He's only said virtually nothing about 11 other players. Nope, nothing anomalous there."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”