NFL Football Thread 2013

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

nope
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 88, KageLord wrote:
In post 81, PJ. wrote:
KageLord wrote:
In post 77, PJ. wrote: Also, no such thing as a lock.
If you take the entire team being healthy as a given (which he did in his original statement), I think you can call some locks (especially if you aren't guaranteeing the health of other teams). For example, if NE stays healthy, they are a lock to win the AFC East, which isn't a shocker. I'd even say that if both teams stay healthy and postseason suspension-free, one of NE or Denver is a lock to win the AFC (NE would have won it last year if either Talib or Gronk didn't get injured or Ridley didn't fumble on the play he also got injured).
You're looking at the NFL like it's franchise mode on madden with injuries turned off for only your team. The truth is, you don't know if NE wins the Superbowl or even the AFC if Gronk stays healthy. You don't know if the Bills or Miami are better than they look. Denver might not be as good as they look. Unexpected stuff will happen. No Locks.
Alright bro, if you wanna be technical there are no sure things in life. It's not a lock that any of us will survive the next 5 minutes. But in casual conversation I take 99+% likelihood to be a "lock".
Comparing the unlikelyhood of an apocalypse and Denver winning 17 or so games(including post-season) is too ridiculous to seriously respond to.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:15 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 95, Benmage wrote:NFC:
East: Giants
West: San-Fran
North: GreenBay
South: Atlanta
Wildcard: Seattle/Saints

AFC:
East:Patriots
West:Broncos
North:Bengals
South:Houston
Wildcard: Ravens/Chiefs

Superbowl:
Atlanta/Houston
I say there is absolutely no chance that Atlanta/Houston both make the SB. tbh I think it's going to be Manning vs Brady in the AFC championship game like the good ol days
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 82, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 68, Rob14 wrote:
In post 42, chesskid3 wrote:If he were innocent he wouldn't have settled. End of story.
Very, very not true. Often, settling is just more convenient and better in the long-term financially and PR-wise. If you're innocent and want to go to trial, you have to pay a team of lawyers. That shit isn't cheap. It also involves a long media spectacle that would likely destroy one's career.
Sorry but when the rich defendant settles with the dirt poor plaintiff that means he's guilty.
You don't think lawyers line up to go against rich defendants when the court of public opinion is heavily in their favor already? Really, you're quite wrong here.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 87, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 85, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 82, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 68, Rob14 wrote:
In post 42, chesskid3 wrote:If he were innocent he wouldn't have settled. End of story.
Very, very not true. Often, settling is just more convenient and better in the long-term financially and PR-wise. If you're innocent and want to go to trial, you have to pay a team of lawyers. That shit isn't cheap. It also involves a long media spectacle that would likely destroy one's career.
Sorry but when the rich defendant settles with the dirt poor plaintiff that means he's guilty.
Or the dirt poor plaintiff was just looking for an easy check, which she got. If the rich defendant goes to trial, even if that person is proved innocent, their reputation is already ruined (see Ray Lewis). And in a situation like a professional football player's where the longer a court case lasts the less able he will be to earn his paychecks (playing in games), it's almost always better to settle (even if innocent). The risk is greater for the rich person (even if they're innocent) than the dirt poor plaintiff (who not only has nothing, but has nothing to lose because they're the person doing the accusing).

As for whether or not he is actually a rapist, this still doesn't answer my initial question to you. What does being a Steelers fan have to do with supporting rape? If you shop at Wal-Mart and their CEO is an accused pedophile, does that make you a supporter of pedophilia? It's a slippery slope at best.
If right next to that Wal-mart was a store with the exact same prices that didn't have a CEO accused of being a pedophile and I deliberately went into the wal-mart knowing this, yes it would.

There's 32 teams in the NFL. Some are better than others at not having scumbags.
People you SAY are scumbags. Again, innocent until proven guilty. That's kind of an important bit of our legal system.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 am

Post by KageLord »

In post 101, PJ. wrote:
In post 88, KageLord wrote:
In post 81, PJ. wrote:
KageLord wrote:
In post 77, PJ. wrote: Also, no such thing as a lock.
If you take the entire team being healthy as a given (which he did in his original statement), I think you can call some locks (especially if you aren't guaranteeing the health of other teams). For example, if NE stays healthy, they are a lock to win the AFC East, which isn't a shocker. I'd even say that if both teams stay healthy and postseason suspension-free, one of NE or Denver is a lock to win the AFC (NE would have won it last year if either Talib or Gronk didn't get injured or Ridley didn't fumble on the play he also got injured).
You're looking at the NFL like it's franchise mode on madden with injuries turned off for only your team. The truth is, you don't know if NE wins the Superbowl or even the AFC if Gronk stays healthy. You don't know if the Bills or Miami are better than they look. Denver might not be as good as they look. Unexpected stuff will happen. No Locks.
Alright bro, if you wanna be technical there are no sure things in life. It's not a lock that any of us will survive the next 5 minutes. But in casual conversation I take 99+% likelihood to be a "lock".
Comparing the unlikelyhood of an apocalypse and Denver winning 17 or so games(including post-season) is too ridiculous to seriously respond to.
I wasn't saying the two have anywhere near the same level of unlikeliness (word?). I was using a ridiculous example facetiously to demonstrate that there are no locks if you are being picky about the definition of lock, but there are some very near guarantees even in football if you guarantee things like not losing players (which is a completely unrealistic thing anyway, it's just what was being discussed). If you want to argue that NE or Denver winning the AFC in those circumstances wouldn't be a lock, that's understandable (though I disagree), but I more firmly disagree that there are no locks at all. Here's one I think even you'll agree on: if no one on the Saints gets injured/suspended, it's a lock that Brees will throw for 100+ yards this season. Ridiculous example again, but an example of a lock nonetheless.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:16 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh shit the hawks are gonna have to be a wildcard
fucking 9ers.

I was wondering why everyone was putting such a solid team as the wildcard
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:39 am

Post by PJ. »

Gonna just stick with "KageLord is retarded"

I know this isn't NFL News(but it probably will be in 2 years), Did anyone see Florida St play Piit last night? Jameis Winston is the real deal.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 am

Didn't watch it it kind of wish I did. That said, lets see him play more than 1 game before crowning him
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am

Post by PJ. »

No, I want to crown his ass, so imma crown him.

Thank You Dennis Green Based God
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:50 am

He is who we thought he was?
Show
Things I've learned.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am

Post by PJ. »

He is in my heart.

A Cam Newton Clone. 6'4 230, strong armed, and if last night performance is something to judge by, he's pretty accurate with only one complete miss as the other incompletetion was the receiver's fault. Oh and he's only 19! He'll be 21 or 22 by the time he plays an NFL game, meaning he'll have 2 or 3 more years for his frame to get bigger and to fill it out even further and to improve his accuracy and decision making.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:38 am

Mental note: watch the fsu games from now on
Show
Things I've learned.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 112, Jake from State Farm wrote:Mental note: watch the fsu games from now on
Wait...when did FSU become relevant again?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Last night apparently
Show
Things I've learned.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 102, Jake from State Farm wrote: I say there is absolutely no chance that Atlanta/Houston both make the SB. tbh I think it's going to be Manning vs Brady in the AFC championship game like the good ol days
Who picked Baltimore v SanFan last year?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 pm

I did as a joke. "Wouldn't it be funny if the harbaugh brothers played in the SB"

This year its manning v manning in NYC.
Show
Things I've learned.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Benmage »

Okay, but realistically..

Yeah NY v NY would be fun too..
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Realistically? that could happen.

I don't think my skins will make it.

I think broncos vs Seahawks is likely.
Show
Things I've learned.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 107, PJ. wrote:Gonna just stick with "KageLord is retarded"
Sound mad bro. I'm just having a light-hearted conversation here (mostly messing around). No need to get ad hom.
Show

Record:

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by Egg »

NFC:
1. 49ers
2. Saints
3. Lions
4. Giants
5. Falcons
6. Packers
Seahawks rely on Lynch staying healthy and their defense repeating last year's success. Wilson is very over rated. And look at who is on that Lions team. They have no excuse for missing the playoffs. Hell, they should have been so much better last year than they were.

AFC:
1. Texans
2. Broncos
3. Bengals
4. Bills
5. Ravens
6. Dolphins
The Texans are strong as hell if they stay healthy. Solid QB. Good WRs (or at least Johnson). Great RB. Elite defense. It's just whether they stay healthy or not. Denver is a little over rated with the sloppy running situation and a few key players out on defense but they do have the greatest QB of this generation and three very good wideouts, not to mention the six free wins for playing in the AFC West. The AFC East is weak, but amazingly the rest of the AFC is so weak that I have them grabbing a Wild Card. The Bills have a great running game. I'm pretty high on EJ Manuel as long as that knee is ok. They've spent the last two offseasons boosting that D. Buffalo is actually doing something right and I'm hesitant to jump that Miami bandwagon too hard. And New England has literally nothing left except Brady and Belicheck. They never had a great defense (at least in recent years) or running game and every passing target is gone.

Playoffs:
Packers over Lions (postseason experience)
Falcons over Giants
Bengals over Dolphins
Ravens over Bills

Packers over 49ers
Saints over Falcons
Texans over Ravens
Bengals over Broncos

Saints over Packers
Texans over Bengals

Texans over Saints for the Super Bowl.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

Egg, you have the Bills and Dolphins, but not the Patriots..

I think Belichek and Brady missed the playoffs once together... :eek:
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by AGar »

(1)GB/(3)SF/(2)NYG/(4)ATL with (6)CHI and (5)NO as wild cards in the NFC.
(1)NE/(3)IND/(4)PIT/(2)DEN with (5)HOU and (6)BAL as wild cards in the AFC.

NFC Playoffs: NO>ATL, SF>CHI, NO>GB, NYG>SF, NO>NYG
AFC Playoffs: PIT>HOU, IND>BAL, DEN>BAL, NE>PIT, DEN>NE
Super Bowl: DEN>NO
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 120, Egg wrote:And New England has literally nothing left except Brady and Belicheck. They never had a great defense (at least in recent years) or running game and every passing target is gone.
You know they were 7th in rushing yards/game last year (one spot ahead of the Texans) right?
Show

Record:

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:33 pm

I believe they also led the league in rushing TDs
Show
Things I've learned.

Return to “General Discussion”