Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 1254, Generic wrote:Town cop. Her hints and sudden change of opinion on me is bullshit otherwise. She is either guaranteed scum or she copped me.

I won't risk pushing to lynch a cop, so I move on. Your answering me with a deflection and change of subject is atrocious btw. Your turn to answer me.
:/

I could just...

Not confirming or denying this, but this probably wasn't a very smart move though, I still say Qwints is town

practically confirmed town even
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Generic »

*sigh*
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Generic »

vote shadoweh

If they flip scum, nacho can be next
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Generic »

Oh and mara, at least I will know for sure now won't I regarding your alignment ;)

If I see you day 3, you are likely scum. So do sleep well night 2.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1193, Nachomamma8 wrote:Bert, qwints seems an awful lot like he did in Scumhunter, doesn't he?
He does. But, he can be productive as both town in scum. I researched his past games as he has been a member for an awfully long time.

Our two games with him are aberrations in that he is being a lurksack that does nothing.

In the past, I looked - he has shown to be helpful, useful, and writing lots (contributing lots) as both town AND scum (in certain games).

Why he is doing this again, when he was in Legends of the Hidden Temple making cases instead of lurky-lurk here shouldn't be alignment indicative.

The point is he has been here an ample amount of time, had lots of days (no excuses like in Scumhunter's Speed) to catch up to speed. And he/she hasn't. That's a HUGE red flag.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1224, Empire wrote:I missed you, matt.
Likewise.

I'm about half-way through this game and I'll try to post some reads tomorrow.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:40 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Terrible prod dodge, slightly busy with stupid irl stuff. will post later today. Probably gonna unvote since i am dumb and there probably isn't an sk. (to answer Nacho it's more of a question of what makes someone who isn't playing the game town, other then being run up beside scum, but that's really good enough etc)
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Generic »

vote shadoweh
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:04 am

Post by qwints »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Generic
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:22 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 2.2

qwints [2] - Tammy, projectmatt
The Purple Shoe [1] - Shadoweh
Shadoweh [2] - Nachomamma8, Generic
Nachomamma8 [1] - Bert
Generic [1] - qwints

Not Voting [4] - Empire, Ms Marangal, inte, The Purple Shoe

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline is September 15, 2013, at 11:00 AM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-09-15 13:00:00)
Last edited by FakeGod on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Tammy »

Okay here's part of my problem with this game. I'm having a problem with the other neighborhood. You guys are acting like you've got a four person mason team over there, and so to suspect anyone in that neighborhood feels like it's being met with "oh no just trust me". I don't trust any of y'all though. I would trust empire if his head was more in the game, but it's not. Also, people can manipulate you in neighborhoods, and it's not like you chose those people to be in a neighborhood so you're scumhunting them or masonizing with them. No, it was all random at the start of the game. And what you're basically doing is jamming up the game hiding behind the neighborhood.

Do you really think the scum team is nachomamma and Garantula? Because that's what I'm looking at if the neighborhood is clear.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Empire »

Tammy, I'll talk about this more when I'm back tonight and fully catch up, but you need to read Marangal's ISO again more closely.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Unvote

For exposition, I'd like to say that none of my reads are solidified right now but for the sake of getting my thoughts together in my hazy caffeine-fueled state and having a quick reference for them, I would like to just jot down what I'm thinking right now in terms of my reads.

Generic
's play has been actually extremely town so far and reading through this game and seeing some of you failing to realize that in
spite of
some overtly personal and emotional posts was slightly maddening. I have never played with Generic as far as I know, but I'm actually a big fan of his earlier posting. One of the first notes-to-self I wrote was "Generic is extremely self-defensive and aggressive but I kind of think it reads as overexcited town as opposed to opportunistic scum." Instances of where I feel like he's probably towntold the strongest amount can be found here and here. Paring that with the overly aggressive early posting I'd like to think I have a fairly strong read on him. The only disheartening thing is his energy has certainly died down within the last ten pages or so and he seems to be coasting by. I dislike his vote on the Nacho wagon (which I'll elaborate on later). I'm not sure what happened, and I'm hoping he's able to regain some of the passion he had for the game at the start, but it would require some very serious self-evaulation for me to change my mind about him. He is
town.

Nachomamma8
has been to some extent been the most focused I've seen him in a long while. My only real experience with him is a game from a few years ago where he as town pulled a gambit where he only posted in faux-vote counts and though it is possible I've played with him elsewhere my memory seems to be fading. I do not know how he plays as scum nor do I care to actually go and dig up meta. With that in mind, I've enjoyed his direct, relatively assertive approach to the game so far. The thing about Nacho is that there was really no post in specific that made me go, "ah, so he IS town" but rather a culmination of his posting. I would like reasoning as to why he is currently going after Shadoweh but otherwise I'm probably going to bank him as
town.

Empire:
I was pretty excited to see Empire on the roster because I've had a pretty big amount of experience with him. I was anxious to try to catch him as scum or read him as town depending on his play. It's funny, because his actual first posts read extremely forced to me. Probably this specifically looked pretty over-emotional and less analytic than what I have come to expect from Empire but his play has progressively improved over the course of the game. I think the turning point for my Empire read was probably his wall-post here. It highlighted a lot of what I was thinking at the moment and seemed to encompass the kind of thought process and logical basis that makes a lot of sense. I think it was uphill from there. He definitely was reluctant to lynch Desperado but he was reluctant to the extent that if he was scum it would be essentially refusing to take advantage of an event that was bound to happen sooner or later (the lynch of Desperado) and I don't see that kind of unwise move coming from his scum play. In short:
town.

Tammy:
In contrast with Empire, her introduction (at least I think that she is a girl - please forgive me if my gender guess is wrong) came off as very town to me as well as her paranoia towards Empire. As mafia, I would kind of expect her to try to hedge her bets a little bit more on Empire clearly townreading her and not making actions that could possibly contribute to Empire changing his mind. Instead, she voices very clearly her concerns. There really isn't that much to note about Tammy after that though, because honestly after that point a lot of her posts either passed through my mental process or they just weren't speaking either way for allignment. I'm not as sold on this read, but I'm probably going to say that Tammy is
mild town.

Bert:
I started out thinking he was scummy but I realized I just disliked his style of posting in image macros to make points. After I actually looked around for content, he appears to be fairly town. I actually think the idea he would try to bandwagon Nacho - probably also the one he's been trying to buddy up with the entire game is extremely ballsy to play as scum and I don't see it coming from the kind of personality I'm getting from him. I like the laid back atmosphere he seems to emit. I'm still not very sold on this either, I just have mild reasons to not want to lynch him right now and possibly never.
mild town.

Inte:
I don't actually have a strong opinion about this one. Kuribo came off as pretty town from his slot. The actions of my predecessor were pretty detestable though, and I can certainly see that anger coming regardless of what his alignment is. The spot before Kuribo was unreadable and Inte so far has failed to provide anything even slightly substantial. I don't feel like I should put my vote on Inte today but I don't exactly feel like him or any other slot have proven themselves to be strongly town either.
Null.

The Purple Shoe
: A little bit sad but I'm actually feeling the same way about Purple the way I do about Inte. On one hand, I actually very much like his cockiness. Admitting that "I can basically coast now" seems pretty confident for scum to do but at the same time his lack of anything substantial is really bothersome. I do not know how his main account plays.
Null.

Ms Marangal
: I've been on the fence with Marangal all game. On one hand, I'll quote another note I jotted down while reading: "I dislike Marangal's continued attack on Generic after I feel he has towntold extensively though I can wager on the fact that scum attacking someone so widely townread might be foolish." Her persistence might mean a number of things but at the same time the fact that player like Marangal wasn't able to pick up on the towntells of Generic as town is kind of strange. She did let off of Generic but only in favor of pushing on Purple. To give credit, she did end up hammering on Desperado when he was at L-1 but I can feasibly see scum bussing in that position. This is the kind of player I would like to research previous meta on because I do not know she plays and I may confusing her style with scumtells but when it comes down to it, right now, I would happily compromise for a Marangal lynch if it came up today.
Null scum.

Shadoweh:
The truth is, Shadoweh has completely given me no impression at all this game. I feel like she has, to some extent, kept an intentionally very low profile this game and hasn't exactly been a great example of reads with substance. I just skimmed over her ISO again and most of it doesn't read like anything to me, honestly. She is a vote today that I'm not super sure on but again, one that I would be decently happy about.
Null scum.

Qwints:
Right now, this is my primary target. I have reasons to scumread every player that has maintained his slot so far. On first glance, Eagle's ISO doesn't read so bad at first but he seems increasingly opportunistic. Ready to vote and accuse but at the same time rather nervous. This can be showcased here Eagle is reasonably new and I was ready to give him the benefit of doubt when his replacement came in but unfortunately PeaceBringer changed my read even more. I did not like the fact that he pushed on Generic pretty much relentlessly especially as a "policy lynch". When he relented, there was pretty much no logical prowess for doing so other than to mindlessly switch to Purple when it seemed to be coming down between Purple and Desperado which has me thinking that he may have attempted to save his partner by pushing on the easy target after the other easy target (Generic) was starting to get townread. After replacing in, Qwints has been equally as poor, pushing very unsincerely for a lynch on Purple when again - the stakes seemed to be getting higher and supplying very little content. I'm not impressed. There are solitary moments of scumreading but overall I am cautiously optimistic that Qwints may be scum here.
Scum

So, in the attempt of being active with my vote..

Vote: Qwints
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

Good luck getting any of those reads to go through. All of your scum reads are in the other neighborhood and they're all insisting they're all town for mysterious reasons and we're just supposed to trust them.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Bert »

Hey Tammy, who is in which neighborhood again? I have to look back. I am free for the rest of the week so I will be looking through this thread intermittently.

I'm not trusting anyone 100% at this point. I'll join a bandwagon for either neighborhood if it feels right.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: I've been getting by without knowing who is in which neighborhood because it's too complicated
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1288, Tammy wrote:Good luck getting any of those reads to go through. All of your scum reads are in the other neighborhood and they're all insisting they're all town for mysterious reasons and we're just supposed to trust them.
Well, they're in the minority, are they not? I really don't think anyone has said that they should be automatically town because they are in a neighborhood (apart from maybe one or two people) and in fact I think the general consensus has been that a scum could very well be in one.

Do you disagree with me, Tammy? Or are you just not confident?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 1288, Tammy wrote:Good luck getting any of those reads to go through. All of your scum reads are in the other neighborhood and they're all insisting they're all town for mysterious reasons and we're just supposed to trust them.
Oh my fucking god.

This post exists for a fucking reason. Read it.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Unvote
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1292, Empire wrote:
Oh my fucking god.

This post exists for a fucking reason. Read it.
I don't trust any of you in the neighborhood.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

this is definitely the worst softclaim ever
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Tammy »

and btw I've read that post several times. It still doesn't make me trust you all. We're supposed to believe you're a four person mason team? Because if that is the case, then I can see an SK or a really powerful scum team.

And if that's the case, I don't see a scum team that doesn't include nacho.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 1217, Ms Marangal wrote:Bert, there are specific things that are going on. Something that makes our neighborhood special compared to Tammy and co. (least I think so) Relationship wise. I surfaced the difference without explicitly delving into it

I think Nacho is kinda aware of what is going on, but I want you to look at the choice words I use when defending Qwints, look at the strength of my defense, compared to the D1 defense of my sisters and ask yourself how one could get that strength of a read
I overlooked this post because

(1) Nacho may be aware, but I don't get what's going on and what the implications are, and why WE should believe you or that this exonerates ANY of your neighborhood. Is there some secret alliance in there? Because if you're crumbing, I'm not good at catching those...

(2) seriously, explain the strength of your defense
I don't know where you're getting this idea, but I won't be fed that BS about them being all town unless I UNDERSTAND REMOTELY what's going on

Also, my GUT (for inexplicable reasons) does not like projectmatt's catchup post above. Will you all please look at it
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

like literally the worst.
i am sorry for being the one to break but holy fucking shit
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1217, Ms Marangal wrote:I want you to look at the choice words I use when defending Qwints, look at the strength of my defense, compared to the D1 defense of my sisters and ask yourself how one could get that strength of a read
ROLE INFORMATION

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”