zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i was told i lost the ring when day started and i'm no longer in possession of it. i assumed it had something to do with me using it. i am not aware of the reason why i lost it, but my theory is that goodmorning has some sort of role modifier that allows him to reclaim the ring after it's used. if he happens to flip like "ring-attracting" or something like that, then this game gets a whole lot easier because what i'm saying is at least somewhat verifiable then.

gm is dying today. we're just discussing things that relate to the following day (assuming gm stays dead this time)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2473, DeathNote wrote:His lie of destroying the ring just incriminates him as being a ring scum who tried a clever gambit.
Uh... no. It means I wanted to keep investigating but not die. So yeah.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2476, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2473, DeathNote wrote:His lie of destroying the ring just incriminates him as being a ring scum who tried a clever gambit.
Uh... no. It means I wanted to keep investigating but not die. So yeah.
If you say so
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote Count Sixty Nine

goodmorning (2) - TwinFlames, DeathNote
TwinFlames (1) - goodmorning

Not Voting: NSin, zMuffinMan, alienBRO

Four to lynch
(expired on 2013-09-16 12:07:12)

It also gives you the power to gift it during the day and to destroy it.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:29 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

so yeah. ^ was in my response to whether the ring has powers outside of investigation.

@alienbro,

tell me what you think of #2471. i can't really think of a better alternative, given any other plan will just result in twin flames killing the hammerer.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Twin Flames »

Muffin are you aware that we can not hammer when we are already voting?

Seriously dude you are not making sense.
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Goon
Twin Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Twin Flames »

^Rach
Hydra of RachMarie and Nobody Special
If a post contains 'lol' or 'peeps' or 'scumz' it's Rachael.
If a post is unsigned, it's Rachael.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 2471, zMuffinMan wrote:actually.

@alienbro,

there is one scenario that could possibly solve this. let me hammer goodmorning today. if he is ring scum and i get the ring after his lynch, there are two scenarios here:

(1) twin flames kills me, he's confirmed scum, you lynch him tomorrow, gg town win

(2) i get the ring after goodmorning lynch. twin flames kills someone that isn't me. i then pass the ring to one of the two players that isn't twin flames still alive tomorrow. they can pass the ring amongst themselves as much as they want so that neither i nor twin flames would reasonably know who has the ring. after this, we no lynch, and there's a 50% chance of confirming i'm not lying

this works if i'm right in my suspicion that goodmorning is currently in possession of the ring

thoughts?
This seems decent. Will consult with PA about it. We're hashing a few other things out right now.

-Bro
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

unvote

I would prefer the hammer please.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

twin flames wrote:Muffin are you aware that we can not hammer when we are already voting?

Seriously dude you are not making sense.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
deathnote wrote:I would prefer the hammer please.
in light of the fact that anyone but me hammering is almost certainly dead tonight, what do you think of the plan i proposed in #2471 as an alternative to (possibly) confirming i'm town?

if you believe i'm town, or at least believe that it's likely i'm town, this is the best option i can think of to possibly prove what i'm saying is true.

if you have another idea to confirm what i'm saying, i'm welcome to suggestions.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I want the hammer because at this point in the game, I am the only one I trust to do what is needed to be done.

If GM has the ring again for whatever reason, then I want it and I
will
destroy it tonight. So even if I die, I know that the ring is no longer a threat and that town is one step closer to winning. I don't want the ring in play anymore.

If you are town Muffin, then just push on who you know is scum. I trust that you can manage that.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Yeah, but destroying the ring does nothing for town if GM is ring-scum.

The problem is verifying that I am indeed town and telling the truth about Twin Flames being the last wraith-scum.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by DeathNote »

You should read your win condition again.

Plus, destroying the ring prevents any more shenanigans with scum.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by DeathNote »

No offense Muffin.... I like you and all, I just don't completely trust you. :)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

deathnote wrote:You should read your win condition again.
If GM's ring scum, then lynching him means the third parties are no longer a factor in this game (meaning the ring still being in play can only benefit town).

I am aware that the ring needs to be destroyed for us to win, but that could theoretically be done after all the scum is dead.

After GM is dead, the issue is figuring out who the wraith-scum is between me and Twin Flames. The solution I proposed seems to be the best approach to confirming me if anyone is still paranoid about me being town.
deathnote wrote:Plus, destroying the ring prevents any more shenanigans with scum.
The mod just publicly confirmed all the powers the ring grants the bearer.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Yet GM survived his lynch and supposedly has the ring again. Point being, the ring either has special effects with non-town members or you were lying about not having the ring today.

How could we destroy the ring after scum is dead? Would the game continue on after all scum have died?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

deathnote wrote:Point being, the ring either has special effects with non-town members or you were lying about not having the ring today.
... if you believe i'm lying, then who hammers gm is a moot point (especially since anyone who isn't me hammering is dead tonight). and if you believe i'm telling the truth, then me hammering gm is the best option unless you have a better alternative.
deathnote wrote:How could we destroy the ring after scum is dead? Would the game continue on after all scum have died?
theoretically, why not?

may as well ask.

@Mod, if all the scum are dead and the ring is still in play, what happens?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:33 am

Post by Empking »

As long as a team can win the game will continue till a team can win. The game will not necessarily end when all scum are dead.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

ok. so in light of this being confirmed, do you agree or disagree that the plan i put forth is the most reasonable?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:40 am

Post by DeathNote »

I do have problems with your plan but I would prefer for Bro to come and give input before I express them. I would like Nsin to be here too but I doubt that anything constructive will come from that.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ok. there are obviously issues with any course of action today. i'm asking if you think my proposal is the most reasonable, not whether it is flawed. if you have a better alternative, i'm open to suggestions.

also it should be rather obvious that if i actually were scum, i wouldn't even care who hammers. the only reason i care is because i want to possibly confirm what i'm saying is true and get rid of any paranoia.
alienBRO
alienBRO
Goon
alienBRO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 am

Post by alienBRO »

In post 2471, zMuffinMan wrote:actually.

@alienbro,

there is one scenario that could possibly solve this. let me hammer goodmorning today. if he is ring scum and i get the ring after his lynch, there are two scenarios here:

(1) twin flames kills me, he's confirmed scum, you lynch him tomorrow, gg town win

(2) i get the ring after goodmorning lynch. twin flames kills someone that isn't me. i then pass the ring to one of the two players that isn't twin flames still alive tomorrow. they can pass the ring amongst themselves as much as they want so that neither i nor twin flames would reasonably know who has the ring. after this, we no lynch, and there's a 50% chance of confirming i'm not lying

this works if i'm right in my suspicion that goodmorning is currently in possession of the ring

thoughts?
(1) That's true. If you flip town, we know Twin Flames is scum.

(2) We're left with {Twin Flames, zMuffinMan, alienBRO, DeathNote, NSin} minus whomever scum-TF doesn't kill from your POV. We no-lynch in the hopes that whichever of {alienBRO, DeathNote, NSin} you passed the ring to during the day survives the night to investigate. It's a 50% chance we go into the next day with the non-ring-holding survivor having to choose between you and Twin Flames with no further information.

Versus someone else hammering, that person is the NK and the ring goes away anyways. And the survivors still have to pick between zMuffinMan and TF.

I'm kicking around whether a massclaim is a good idea. I end up thinking not, but I do think Twin Flames and zMuffinMan should claim. It's been set up to be 1v1 there, except town has to decide tomorrow who's right. I'd rather not have a surprise role claim thrown in the mix at the end.

BRO, DeathNote, NSin, what's your take on having TF and zMuffinMan role claim?

BRO said he wanted DN to hammer, but I'm leaning toward following zMuffinMan's plan. DN, I get being paranoid and only trusting yourself at this point, but I think it's pretty clearly either zMuffinMan or TF who's wraith-scum. Do you disagree that GM is likely ring-scum? If you're on board there, can you agree that it's unlikely we had 6/15 anti-town parties?

Even if zMuffinMan is somehow a ring-scum (making this a 40% scum game) we just refuse to lynch until he hands off the ring to a townie who can destroy it.

--PA
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 2439, Empking wrote:
In post 2437, goodmorning wrote:
@Mod: Is it possible that there is an element of randomness to the ring passing?
Yes.
This has bothered me ever since I saw it which is why I am nervous about passing the ring around to other town members so that they can confirm themselves.

I also realized I misread how the ring can be destroyed. Apparently, it can only be destroyed during the day meaning me hammering is pointless.

At this point, I didn't want to preform the same actions today as we did yesterday. GM was hammered by Muffin who used the ring and then apparently lost it. Luckily his guilty means that we now have confirmed scum between twin and muffin but due to the possibility of that being the last scum, we can end the game yet.

Everyone is on the same page that GM needs to be lynched so lets just do that... I am trying to weigh out the pros and cons of who should hammer.

BAHHH Can't think straight about this and it all stims from the fact that the ring is not in Muffin's control right now. That really pisses me off!!!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Vote: GM

I feel that twin is last scum. If the lynch doesn't go through again because of Muffin or bad mechanics... then oh well.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Bro- You see my problem right? The only answer I can see to last night is that Muffin is flat out lying to us and that bothers me. Like... I honestly believe he is town so I can't imagine why he would lie but I see no other possible reason.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”