Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Dessew »

Ahoi!
I like cats, because they don't want to look selfless. Probably the most genuine mammals.
The other question: I guess so.
VOTE: Skelda
I love RVS.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Dessew »

Did you really vote and then unvote immediately? I get that you were joking, but it could have been just a RV. "it's better than NOTHING"
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 18, Skelda wrote:
In post 16, YamiNoKira wrote:Now, then... hello, Brian Skies! Fancy meeting you here.
In post 10, phokdapolees wrote:VOTE: Skelda
I like bandwagons.
So if I did this...

...you would like it?
I'm sure scum quite like it.
I don't know about scum, but I certainly like it.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 20, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 19, Dessew wrote:I don't know about scum, but I certainly like it.
Eh... why?
In post 17, Skelda wrote: I think if all Masons survive the night and we lynch town, it would be ideal for them to step forward as that would lower of suspect pool considerably. But anyway, like I said, we don't want to get ourselves in the situation of only one or two Masons alive so the Mason role can be fakeclaimable, so I agree, if we are about to lynch one of the Masons, step forward but do not drag your Mason partners into it. And all Masons should be breadcrumbing their roles now...
This is the reason. Especially the beginning and the end.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Dessew »

Then what's the point of your vote? And I've already given an explanetion.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 am

Post by Dessew »

I don't like how Skelda was fishing for Masons in his post I quoted. Yeah, sure, all of them should breadcrumb, so scum can easily find all of them... I didn't like his questions, either, but the answers pulled the trigger. Since it isn't clear for you Skelda: your vote on me was pointless, because you stated your intention to unvote. Never announce that you're pressuring somebody, it's stupid. Also, I don't see why would JKLM act so indecisive as scum. And you initially mention lynching him, but doesn't call him scummy, but later you correct yourself that you meant voting. If there're some votes on him, then what? And now he's your top scumread, because he's voting his top scumread. This is my case.

"I don't know about scum, but...": I wanted to be a little theatrical.

I like Kira, he's asikng a lot, and then states, too. Not afraid to get engaged with players, very enthusiastic. He's making a really big deal out of activity. It's okay that you want to use all our time until deadline, but calling out somebody only because he made only one post (his RV) in the first 24 hours of the game is way more than necessary. What past experience do you have with mafia?

Brian: care to explain #21?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Dessew »

Sorry, I didn't specify. I meant: please explain why you found the quoted part so scummy that you didn't RV as you initially intented.
Also, if you know Kira from EpicMafia, then what did you ask this?:
In post 38, Brian Skies wrote: @Yami: Are you an alt account? Do you play on other forums?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:18 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 65, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 62, Dessew wrote:"I don't know about scum, but...": I wanted to be a little theatrical.
Now answer the other part: why did you state that you liked my bw on an RVS vote?
What possible motivation
did you have to post that?
I showed that my RV turned into a serious vote.
In post 66, Skelda wrote:And also, I see now that my Dessew vote was a little useless, but it did its job of expressing my mild suspicion of Dessew, which still exists to a certain level. In the future, I will not announce plans to unvote since clearly that doesn't accomplice much.
Votes aren't for expressing suspicion.
In post 69, Skelda wrote:
YamiNoKira wrote:That's all you have to say? I know we just started, but really? Nothing else?
Does it bother you that much? It was page 1...
Page one or page 30, there was legitimate discussion, which you promptly ignored.
Skelda wrote:not only do I not suspect Dessew much anymore
Skelda wrote:I don't suspect Dessew any less
which is it? Isn't it a little early for contradictions?
That isn't fair. Those were taken out of context. In the second I was trying to explain the first's admittedly poor wording after you all attacked me because of it. I've given my explanation for this many times and I'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Eh.
In post 72, JKLM wrote: Honestly all of yesterday here is mostly a blur so I'm not sure what I was trying to say, other than that it was a bad feeling I had for dessew. As I said it was mostly to see a reaction. Of corse, someone Valle me out on it an I just said it was pressure. I've found in my experience, if someone points out the flimsiness of your pressure vote, it's better to admit it was pressure and fail at giving said pressure than To get people to think you're flimsy scum,
Especially I you want to be pro town.
You should focus on scumhunting more than trying to look town.
In post 73, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 64, Dessew wrote:Sorry, I didn't specify. I meant: please explain why you found the quoted part so scummy that you didn't RV as you initially intented.
In post 38, Brian Skies wrote: @Yami: Are you an alt account? Do you play on other forums?
If I find something that seems scummy to me or something that just doesn't seem right, I'd rather put my vote on that than RV. Your quote caught my attention and I didn't like it.
Yes and you find me scummy, because...?
In post 74, JKLM wrote:^what Brian said about content. Word.
Content=/=Post
In post 75, JKLM wrote: It would make sense that scum like to cut off RVS as early as they can as THEY want to make the bandwagon, whether it be for bussing OR for mislynching early on. As I've said it's merely a conjecture of mine but it doesn't make it not true. That statement doesn't make it true either though, so I'm kinda testing that conjecture out for myself I guess. Would be happy to hear your opinions on it, as to whether I'm way off or something like that.
I don't see your point. Where do you want to get with this?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:49 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 82, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 81, Dessew wrote:I showed that my RV turned into a serious vote.
Woah. It did? Why did that happen? Why didn't you actually say that instead of just saying you liked me bandwagoning?
In post 81, Dessew wrote:Votes aren't for expressing suspicion.
Actually, I would say that they are. Yes, they are used to get people lynched, but if they aren't for expressing suspicion or pressure, than no one would be voting until later in the Day when you actually have someone you want to get lynched.
Yes, it did. I found something scummy. And we've got a misunderstanding here, I like the overall bandwagon. The more people we have, the more I like it. And with the expression part I mean, that you can express your suspicion by posting, by voting you put pressure and show commitment etc.
In post 83, YamiNoKira wrote:VOTE: Mutleyddmc

I have a feeling you're just baiting me, but I need something more from you than RVS right now. I'm not opposed to Lynch all (Active) Lurkers.
You know, it's scummy as hell to threaten with Lynch all Lurkers.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Dessew »

Hiraki:
I see your point about my read on JKLM. I don't get the "what changed?" part. FYI: I have two finished game on this site, one ongoing (if this one doesn't count), and I have played irl a lot, too. It might change your read on me, idk. Also, why are you voting Skelda, exactly? I'd appreciate a little more detail.
In post 88, Skelda wrote:Dessew, if your random vote on me changed to a legitimate one at that wierd post, why? I had like two posts at that point.

I also dislike the eh and ellipsis on my posts, Dessew. Is that seriously all that you have to say?
Everything's been said about them by others. And I've also given an explanation. Actually, I've said that I'd give an explanation, too.
In post 98, Skelda wrote:Hopefully if JK's replacement is town he/she will prove him/herself as such, since this does not change my JK suspicion particularly.
What is it supposed to mean?
In post 106, YamiNoKira wrote: This may be true, but I would say that for the most part JKLM has only been doing IIoA and being defensive, not very helpful but also not doing anything particularly scum-motivated (with the exception of IIoA and being defensive, and we'll see with the replacement whether or not that was scum-motivated or just the way JKLM handled the pressure).
Just want to tell that I lol'd. "He hasn't done anything scummy, except what he has. Oh, and that's what he mainly has done."
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 109, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 108, Dessew wrote:
In post 106, YamiNoKira wrote: This may be true, but I would say that for the most part JKLM has only been doing IIoA and being defensive, not very helpful but also not doing anything particularly scum-motivated (with the exception of IIoA and being defensive, and we'll see with the replacement whether or not that was scum-motivated or just the way JKLM handled the pressure).
Just want to tell that I lol'd. "He hasn't done anything scummy, except what he has. Oh, and that's what he mainly has done."
Yeah, yeah, that was horrible wording. But being scummy and having scum-motivation are two different things, and it's the latter that I'm not convinced of (despite the former being true).
Yeah, I got it. I absolutely agree with you.

Also, I forgot to answer Hiraki's question about my #9: I just didn't understand. I mean he did vote, that vote could have stayed, and be his RV. Tbh, I don't understand the people who refuse to RVS, but his vote&unvote made even less sense.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 112, Hiraki wrote:
Dessew wrote:Tbh, I don't understand the people who refuse to RVS, but his vote&unvote made even less sense.
You don't even think it could've made a little bit of a joke from previous experiences?
I got that it was a joke. I just don't get why that vote couldn't stay.
In post 116, Skelda wrote:
In post 115, Hiraki wrote:
In post 113, Skelda wrote:This was the post was referring to.
How is that grasping at straws? Yami admitted that he was over-reacting to one post before you posted that.
I know, but I was bringing it up again because Dessew seemed to counter over-react. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, it is scum-motivated to ignore discussion. That is why I was so suspicious of JKLM.
Counter-overreact? And it was page 1, as it was said earlier. (Or your post was at page 3, whatever.) Now you shoud complain about inactivity, but then it was stupid.

I forgot to post about Masons:
If masons and scum are all breadcrumbing, then such a breadcrumb doesn't really mean anything. But it can be picked up, that's why I think mason shouldn't breadcrumb. I haven't metaed you, Hiraki, have you played this setup frequently?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 134, Blue Bonnet wrote:VOTE: Hiraki
Care to explain?
In post 136, Viera Assassin wrote:
In post 135, DoctorPepper wrote:
V/LA til Sunday
Quick! Throw a party!
You did actually post, so I guess we can't complain, can we? Well, I do.

Yes, breadcrumbing can't harm if it's done subtly enough, but that's really hard to do, I guess.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 142, Skelda wrote:
In post 140, Dessew wrote:
In post 134, Blue Bonnet wrote:VOTE: Hiraki
Care to explain?
In post 136, Viera Assassin wrote:
In post 135, DoctorPepper wrote:
V/LA til Sunday
Quick! Throw a party!
You did actually post, so I guess we can't complain, can we? Well, I do.

Yes, breadcrumbing can't harm if it's done subtly enough, but that's really hard to do, I guess.
If you the Masons won't be capable of it, here's an idea: everyone could breadcrumb, with the Masons telling each other their breadcrumbs. Would that work?
It's absurd, but it could work. We can only lose a little possibility to find minor scumtells at the end of the game (normally only mason and scum would breadcrumb), but we can save our masons (put them in smaller danger), and they can prove their innocence. That's cool. I iso'd you, you weren't that scummy, my vote stayed on you after #140 only because I couldn't find a better place for it, but now since you came up with an idea that is probably actually helpful for town, it doesn't make any sense to keep ot there whatsoever.

UNVOTE: Skelda
VOTE: Viera

Hi Kubbs!
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 81, Dessew wrote:
In post 73, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 64, Dessew wrote:Sorry, I didn't specify. I meant: please explain why you found the quoted part so scummy that you didn't RV as you initially intented.
If I find something that seems scummy to me or something that just doesn't seem right, I'd rather put my vote on that than RV. Your quote caught my attention and I didn't like it.
Yes and you find me scummy, because...?
Brian, Brian, Brian...
In post 145, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 142, Skelda wrote:If you the Masons won't be capable of it, here's an idea: everyone could breadcrumb, with the Masons telling each other their breadcrumbs. Would that work?
Bread-crumbing for the sake of protecting the masons won't work unless everyone is extremely competent. You are talking about two teams of two mafia and a team of three masons. The difference in numbers will just make it easier to sniff out the masons.
I don't see how it could make mason easier to find.
In post 154, Metal Sonic wrote:@mutley me and you townbloc y/y?
[line][/line]

Hello everybody! The players here seem to all be posting like sirs:- perfect punctuation, long sentences and posts.

I know of three players in this game personally: Mutley, Saki and Stubbs. Everyone else seems to be a stranger at this point in time. No worries! We can all be friends!

It has come to my attention that Saki has replaced out -- "Fallen into a trapdoor" I see. I'm sorry to burst your bubbles but Saki has merely changed his mask: the "trapdoor" was none other than a fitting room. I'll leave you guys to ponder on what a riddle I am trying to insinuate.

Now. It seems that it is still in the early stages in the game, so I am going to have to formulate some reads.
Unfortunately, this will mean that a majority of the players are Null, as there are no significant happenings or events as of yet.

I am going to put Stubbs and Mutley pre-emptively in my town pile because I WANT THEM TO BE TOWN.

If they really are town, they will be great assets towards our goal and we 3 will lead the town to victory.
I hope we get some real contet, too.
In post 159, Viera Assassin wrote:
In post 158, Skelda wrote:This game has 6 pages, read them and post your reads.
It's just lame.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Dessew »

Red is a replacement, so the hypocracy part of Hiraki's isn't valid. Also, Red seems to think that random votes are more important than they actually are. I'd really like to hear a little more about his read on Hiraki. Hiraki could clear things up about his Skelda-read, to.

I like MS's case on Hiraki, it's logical. He doesn't over-emphasise it, though, actually says that his read can change.

Brian, last time you found the quoted part scummy, and I'm asking you about your reasons.

If I understand well, Red said that Viera
replaced in
, so probably wants to actually play the game and not lurk. Even if Viera and Saki are the same person, it's still logical to think so, because people make alts to try
different
playstyles, if I understand it correctly.

I will reread this part a little more thoroughly, I will move my vote after.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 am

Post by Dessew »

I found MS's post town, because he said that it's weak, he doesn't stick to his reads, he's flexible. The first point became basically an argument about the meaning of phrases, and if I get correctly what he mean by the pushing part, then it's just fine.

Skelda-vote: I meant, I wonder if the experiment has ended.

ns: Are (/were) you scumreading Hiraki because others are (/were) not?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:07 am

Post by Dessew »

Sorry, I've been busy lately.

About MS: I thought that he won't stay with his vote, saying "gut" if he can't bring up resons for his vote etc.

ns: I see your point, but it doesn't work here, because there are two scumfactions.

I will comment on other things later.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Post by Dessew »

I'm unsure about my reads, I'd maybe go with a VA lynch. I though if MS was scu, he would've just found a major "towntell" for Hiraki, so yes, he's most likely town. I'm losing certainity in my Skelda-read, though.

Could somebody explain why a player would make an alt only to do the exact same thing with two accounts?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Dessew »

I really have to rethink my Skelda-read.

I'm with ns about PLs, we have to figure out quickly who to lynch, though.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Dessew »

I completely forgot to move my vote.
UNVOTE: Vierra
This lynch is fine.
All I have are a buch of null- and townreads. MD is the only one who's a little off, I'd really like to hear more about his readlist.
Saki's answer to my question was fair, I guess, although, I still don't like all the unfunny jokeposts. It shows that he's reading, but isn't posting content.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by Dessew »

L-1!

Return to “Completed Open Games”