Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Beginner »

@Mitillos first, Bauss had every justifiable reason to FOS/vote on Saki. Second, consider Bauss's 'I knew Saki was town' attitude the next day (using Mutley's leading the very well justified wagon against Saki as one of the reasons for his FOSing Mut). If he truly believed Saki not scum as a town player, he would most likely be pushing and pushing HARD against the bad lynch by explaining why the lynch is bad, basically to convert all the wagon jumpers why he himself wasn't jumping the wagon.
Bauss's behavior just does not compute. Mitillos, I wasn't simply calling Bauss scum because of the alignment flip. It is one of several components which, when put together, paint a compelling case of Bauss's very likely being scum.
And as to the argument case, you have no idea how far I've seen scum argue in terms of post quantity. People's post count simply aren't reliable indicators in deciding their alignment.

@Frog: would you rather I had slowly copied and pasted each and every quote and response I felt like making and put it together in one gigantic post? How is the quantity of posts even relevant in light of said posts' contents? Frog, why are you ignoring my points?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Beginner: Fair enough, perhaps bauss could have acted more pro-town, by championing Saki. I can accept that. On the other hand, Saki himself kind of gave up on this game, by lying about both his role and alignment and then self-hammering. Hard to stop the lynch of someone who gets to that point. But I'm not sure there really is anything else in his behaviour that points to him being scum. He attacked mutley for giving more information to scum. This was not actually mutley's fault, but it does show a pro-town viewpoint on the part of bauss. The only other thing you seem to be saying against bauss is how being OK with his own lynch isn't pro-town. I agree that, if he is town, he should fight tooth and nail to convince people of this. But he did make the addendum that this was only in case there were no other alternatives (no-lynch is bad). And don't forget that he messed up and took out a PR overnight. If he is town, being suddenly resigned after this makes sense. So, I consider this a null-tell.
Regarding the argument: Again, I am not simply going by post counts. It's also about the amount of content contained there. And yes, scum will sometimes argue for pages and pages. I've seen it too. You can even find examples of scum-mates doing it, hard-bussing each other for the entire game, hardly ever voting anyone else. But 1) it's *usually* town that does this and 2) (and this is far more important) I have town reads on both bauss and mutley, anterior to the argument. They are both operating from what appears to me to be a town mindset.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:59 am

Post by likeabauss »

I explained my Saki read as well Beginner. This game isn't full of much content, it should be fairly easy to pull up my ISO and re-read the things I've said. The problem at this stage of the game is that I can't be a lynch today or going forward, because I'm town and we don't have enough mistakes/mislynches left. We need to lynch outside me and Mutley for today.

I think scum was very successful in drawing PR's this lottery. I think we need to complete the massclaim for now, and get topics of conversation going outside of me and Mutley.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Mitillos »

I thought we finished? Bert isn't here and hasn't been replaced, so...
options
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:34 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

We've yet to jennifer, and lots of role-specifics aren't out. Those are kinda the main point to massclaiming really.
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am

Post by frog »

In post 326, Beginner wrote: @Frog: would you rather I had slowly copied and pasted each and every quote and response I felt like making and put it together in one gigantic post? How is the quantity of posts even relevant in light of said posts' contents? Frog, why are you ignoring my points?
You could link the post and comment briefly on each one. As for ignoring your points, there's not really much for me to comment on in 300 since it is just you stating unsubstantiated opinions, nor in 301, where you quote a large passage but only write three words, nor in 303, which is much the same as 300, or 305, which is the same as 301, etc. In 302 you talk about hypocrisy but that is not equal to scum, and in 306, where you think him saying Saki was town was scummy as only scum can know alignments. I have seen town say that they know someone else is town countless times before, so I view that point as null. You say in 307 that mitillos or siv could be scum if bauss flips scum, but you don't say why. I've ignored you because I can't reply to poorly reasoned opinions.

@mitillos: I was sort of talking to siv as he is voting for beginner, but as a matter of fact his posting habits do annoy me.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Siv and frog: Oh, alright then.
options
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Bert explodes into a fiery pit of ash. A small piece of his thumb lands on the scanner, but not much.

Begin

Name
: Bert
Number Picked
: 22
Alignment
: Town Alignment
GLITCH
NEUTRAL

Role
: Vanilla Townie
GLITCH
SURVIVOR

End

The system has glitched. It must be due to the low amount of evidence, but nonetheless, We'll take it anyway!

Bert has unfortunately been modkilled, and Jennifer is being replaced for not responding to a prod in an adequate amount of time.
Last edited by Mist7676 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You Are Worth It
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Beginner »

[quote="In post 1, Mist7676"]
Drafting Explanation:

1. This setup includes 8 possible roles that can be both Mafia or Town.
2. The roles are:
  • *Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
    *1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO (active)
    *Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector
    *1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher
    *Doctor OR Roleblocker
    *Universal Backup OR Role Cop
    *Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor
    *Jailkeeper OR Tracker
Bert can't possibly be a third party survivor.
@mod: Are we going to get Bert's real flip eventually (tomorrow maybe?) or will it remain a mystery until endgame?
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by Beginner »

Actually never mind.. there are 9 players, but only 8 possible roles.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

I apologize for the ambiguity. Bert was modkilled due to lack of replacement, and after a modkill his role is changed from whatever he is, to a neutral survivor. So as not to grant a win to his record.
You Are Worth It
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Beginner: Players who get mod-killed are turned into 3rd-party survivors. It's standard practice, to ensure that they lose. He was a VT.
I was wrong about both Bartlet and Bert. I guess my reads are really out of whack. Time to review the thread again.
Don't expect a post from me until tomorrow.

p-edit: Ninja'd by the mod.
options
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Beginner »

In post 331, frog wrote:
In post 326, Beginner wrote: @Frog: would you rather I had slowly copied and pasted each and every quote and response I felt like making and put it together in one gigantic post? How is the quantity of posts even relevant in light of said posts' contents? Frog, why are you ignoring my points?
You could link the post and comment briefly on each one. As for ignoring your points, there's not really much for me to comment on in 300 since it is just you stating unsubstantiated opinions, nor in 301, where you quote a large passage but only write three words, nor in 303, which is much the same as 300, or 305, which is the same as 301, etc. In 302 you talk about hypocrisy but that is not equal to scum, and in 306, where you think him saying Saki was town was scummy as only scum can know alignments. I have seen town say that they know someone else is town countless times before, so I view that point as null. You say in 307 that mitillos or siv could be scum if bauss flips scum, but you don't say why. I've ignored you because I can't reply to poorly reasoned opinions.

@mitillos: I was sort of talking to siv as he is voting for beginner, but as a matter of fact his posting habits do annoy me.
@Frog:
There are three issues you are fabricating in your senile attempt to negate my case, and I will respond to each:
First, Frog, I've also seen town declare knowledge of alignment. You're ignoring the entire context in which Bauss touts his town-read on Saki. It is entirely weak and barely, if at all, justifiable. If anything, Mutley's HoS on Saki was actually much more likely, believable and presentable than Bauss's town-read. Again, Bauss's behavior does not compute unless he were mafia. It explains his behavior perfectly. You're suffering a case of refutation-bias. :facepalm:
Second, true, hypocrisy is not equivalent to scum. Again, you're taking individual points out of context. You're failing to ask the following questions:
What does it mean that Bauss was being a hypocrite in his reprimanding Mutley?
Frog, Bauss's being hypocritical means he didn't truly believe what he was saying.
What was his motive then?
Let us reexamine the post:
P1:The motive that is immediately apparent in that post against Mut is to portray Mut in a scummy light.
P2: The content by which Bauss was illustrating his intent, in light of his hypocrisy, is most likely contrived/fake.
P3: Bauss was using contrived/fake content to paint Mut in scumminess.
P4: Only scum use fake/contrived reasoning to make other people look scummy
C: Bauss is scum.

As for your comparing my posts (Post #2 = Post #4 and is relative to ppost #3).. I can't derive anything tangible here.. it's an utter mess.
As for the Mitillos/siv could possibly be scum if Bauss flips scum.. I'm not going to explain until the flip occurs. You're seriously going to discredit me based on this one post?
Frog, what are your reads?
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Beginner »

In post 327, Mitillos wrote:@Beginner: Fair enough, perhaps bauss could have acted more pro-town, by championing Saki. I can accept that. On the other hand,
Highlight 1: Saki himself kind of gave up on this game, by lying about both his role and alignment and then self-hammering. Hard to stop the lynch of someone who gets to that point
. But I'm not sure there really is anything else in his behaviour that points to him being scum. He attacked mutley for giving more information to scum.
Highlight 2: This was not actually mutley's fault
, but it does show a pro-town viewpoint on the part of bauss. The only other thing you seem to be saying against bauss is how being OK with his own lynch isn't pro-town. I agree that, if he is town, he should fight tooth and nail to convince people of this. But he did make the addendum that this was only in case there were no other alternatives (no-lynch is bad). And don't forget that he messed up and took out a PR overnight.
Highlight 3: If he is town, being suddenly resigned after this makes sense. So, I consider this a null-tell.

Regarding the argument: Again, I am not simply going by post counts. It's also about the amount of content contained there. And yes, scum will sometimes argue for pages and pages. I've seen it too. You can even find examples of scum-mates doing it, hard-bussing each other for the entire game, hardly ever voting anyone else. But 1) it's *usually* town that does this and 2) (and this is far more important) I have town reads on both bauss and mutley, anterior to the argument. They are both operating from what appears to me to be a town mindset.
Highlight 1: True, it may/may not be difficult to stop Saki's lynch due to his attitude, but that is completely irrelevant. Bauss's effort? Minimal at best, insincere at worst.
Highlight 2: Exactly. It was not Mutley's fault. This was painfully apparent. The flip side: Bauss attempts at using this bad evidence to make Mut look scummy. It shows a probability of him wanting Mut lynched, whatever evidence used is barely relevant: Scum behavior
Highlight 3: It also makes sense as mafia. This point is null.
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Beginner »

Frog, why do you think Bauss is town?
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Beginner »

In post 324, Mitillos wrote:@frog: Why exactly would you be going after beginner? Cluttering the thread isn't alignment indicative and he is generating content, by going through the thread and making reads, i.e. scumhunting. My read on him is town, so am I missing something, or are you just too annoyed by the large number of consecutive posts?
Or is he just scum trying to place another player in a negative light (leads to making them look scummy)?
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 am

Beginner complaining about discrediting and trying to make someone look scummy and doing it himself lol. VERY negative wording, so yeah...

About me/mit being scum if bauss is, say it now. If it's good, it'll strengthen your case. If it's bad, you've at least said what you think. You also seem to consider frog as scum, so who is your main scumspects?

Also LOL at "hey you said it's null because it makes sense as town well i'm gonna say it makes sense as mafia so it's null." Reduce redundancy!

Anyway, do we have a n3 vig? I say we just no-lynch now. Or, maybe scum have it. Ew. If they do we need to lynch scum now. If they don't then lynching town loses... Ummm, finish the massclaim. We're in MyLo, so we just finish it.

N3 vig needs to claim, because knowing we have it on a town person allows us to no-lynch.
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 am

Post by frog »

I'll get to Beginner's comments and my reads later (which have understandably changed after Bert's departure) but I will say now that I am a Vengeful, which means that there is no N3 Vig as they share the same slot.
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Beginner »

In post 342, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Beginner complaining about discrediting and trying to make someone look scummy and doing it himself lol. VERY negative wording, so yeah...

About me/mit being scum if bauss is, say it now. If it's good, it'll strengthen your case. If it's bad, you've at least said what you think. You also seem to consider frog as scum, so who is your main scumspects?
Let me get back to that.. there were some posts and general behavioral tells that gave me this impression.
Also LOL at "hey you said it's null because it makes sense as town well i'm gonna say it makes sense as mafia so it's null." Reduce redundancy!
Reread: I didn't register the sentence after the post I was quoting. Fair enough. Why are you working so hard to impair my credibility?
Anyway, do we have a n3 vig? I say we just no-lynch now. Or, maybe scum have it. Ew. If they do we need to lynch scum now. If they don't then lynching town loses... Ummm, finish the massclaim. We're in MyLo, so we just finish it.
I'm not liking that you and Bauss are pushing so much for the mass claim together.. as if you're working together toward a scumteam objective. Much of what you've been doing has been in line with what Bauss has been doing.
Your generally being defensive of Bauss.. especially your constantly trying to put me off (first by voting me for some insubstantial reasoning.. attempting to paint me in a scummy light, then your ceaseless attempts to discredit me).. You're already pretty scummy without Bauss's flip, which will be more a confirmation than anything.
N3 vig needs to claim, because knowing we have it on a town person allows us to no-lynch.
To be honest siv, you are one of my main scumspect. I've gotten nothing substantive from you this entire game. You ask questions, but with no apparent purpose or objective.. Are you just going to poke at people's posts the entire game?
What are your results?
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Beginner »

I have not been discrediting anyone. Get your definitions right.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 am

In post 338, Beginner wrote:@Frog:
There are three issues
you are fabricating in your senile attempt to negate my case
, and I will respond to each:
First, Frog, I've also seen town declare knowledge of alignment. You're ignoring the entire context in which Bauss touts his town-read on Saki. It is entirely weak and barely, if at all, justifiable. If anything, Mutley's HoS on Saki was actually much more likely, believable and presentable than Bauss's town-read. Again, Bauss's behavior does not compute unless he were mafia. It explains his behavior perfectly. You're suffering a case of refutation-bias. :facepalm:
Second, true, hypocrisy is not equivalent to scum. Again, you're taking individual points out of context. You're failing to ask the following questions:
Frog, Bauss's being hypocritical means he didn't truly believe what he was saying.
P1:The motive that is immediately apparent in that post against Mut is to portray Mut in a scummy light.
P2: The content by which Bauss was illustrating his intent, in light of his hypocrisy, is most likely contrived/fake.

As for your comparing my posts (Post #2 = Post #4 and is relative to ppost #3).. I can't derive anything tangible here.. it's an utter mess.
As for the Mitillos/siv could possibly be scum if Bauss flips scum.. I'm not going to explain until the flip occurs.
You're seriously going to discredit me based on this one post?

Frog, what are your reads?
Ummm, okay? The bolded does look like discrediting frog and making him look scummy.
In post 341, Beginner wrote:
In post 324, Mitillos wrote:@frog: Why exactly would you be going after beginner? Cluttering the thread isn't alignment indicative and he is generating content, by going through the thread and making reads, i.e. scumhunting. My read on him is town, so am I missing something, or are you just too annoyed by the large number of consecutive posts?
Or is he just scum trying to place another player in a negative light (leads to making them look scummy)?
Right, this is really blatant.

Not discrediting, lol.
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Beginner »

Alright time to get some serious discrediting done:
@siv: First, there are multiple ways to use a word.. learn to read context or shut up.
Merriam Webster (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discredit):
discredit - 2. to cause disbelief in the accuracy or authority of
Being snide to goading is not the same as impairing other people's credibility.
Second, I'm not going to engage in a battle of semantics with you.
Why you are you so keen on trying to paint me in a light of silliness? Why are you so keen on impairing my credibility?

@Mitillos: Point 1 - So you 'town read' Bauss before any of the stuff I'm calling him scum for happened as you were reading. Have you considered that in more advanced games (non-newb games) such as this one, everyone usually looks town at the game's outset? You can and should be changing and reevaluation your reads.
Point 2 - you were wrong about Bert.. you were also wrong about Bartlet.. trust me.. you're wrong on this one too. Unless you're in a newbie game, chances are scum will not be blatant or obvious. It's the minute cues and general behavioral patterns that are much more difficult to catch that we must depend on for true tells. Bauss is scum for reasons I've already outlined.
Town.. don't procrastinate your votes.. place them on likeabauss.
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by Beginner »

Reads should not be constant. They are always subject to change.
Beginner
Beginner
Goon
Beginner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Beginner »

In post 338, Beginner wrote: First, Frog, I've also seen town declare knowledge of alignment. You're ignoring the entire context in which Bauss touts his town-read on Saki. It is entirely weak and barely, if at all, justifiable. If anything, Mutley's HoS on Saki was actually much more likely, believable and presentable than Bauss's town-read. Again, Bauss's behavior does not compute unless he were mafia. It explains his behavior perfectly. You're suffering a case of refutation-bias. :facepalm:
^Siv ignores this, but addresses the lesser relevant content above, prioritizing credibility impairment over a scumhunting discussion.. pretty damning imo

Return to “Completed Open Games”