Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 112, Hiraki wrote:
Dessew wrote:Tbh, I don't understand the people who refuse to RVS, but his vote&unvote made even less sense.
You don't even think it could've made a little bit of a joke from previous experiences?
I got that it was a joke. I just don't get why that vote couldn't stay.
In post 116, Skelda wrote:
In post 115, Hiraki wrote:
In post 113, Skelda wrote:This was the post was referring to.
How is that grasping at straws? Yami admitted that he was over-reacting to one post before you posted that.
I know, but I was bringing it up again because Dessew seemed to counter over-react. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, it is scum-motivated to ignore discussion. That is why I was so suspicious of JKLM.
Counter-overreact? And it was page 1, as it was said earlier. (Or your post was at page 3, whatever.) Now you shoud complain about inactivity, but then it was stupid.

I forgot to post about Masons:
If masons and scum are all breadcrumbing, then such a breadcrumb doesn't really mean anything. But it can be picked up, that's why I think mason shouldn't breadcrumb. I haven't metaed you, Hiraki, have you played this setup frequently?
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:27 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 122, Hiraki wrote:Looking busy is something that scum like to do. To confirm that he's looking busy and not just actually trying something neato, there'd have to be a reason for the RQS (never given) and he would need to answer his own question.

P.S. The RQS had nothing going for it. It's almost always a scum tactic.
Alright. There's not much point in continuing this argument; I see your point but I disagree with you.
In post 124, Hiraki wrote:Because you easily tell if someone is lying about liking a pet.
That's the first thought I had when reading that post...
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:04 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 126, Dessew wrote:
In post 112, Hiraki wrote:
Dessew wrote:Tbh, I don't understand the people who refuse to RVS, but his vote&unvote made even less sense.
You don't even think it could've made a little bit of a joke from previous experiences?
I got that it was a joke. I just don't get why that vote couldn't stay.
In post 116, Skelda wrote:
In post 115, Hiraki wrote:
In post 113, Skelda wrote:This was the post was referring to.
How is that grasping at straws? Yami admitted that he was over-reacting to one post before you posted that.
I know, but I was bringing it up again because Dessew seemed to counter over-react. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, it is scum-motivated to ignore discussion. That is why I was so suspicious of JKLM.
Counter-overreact? And it was page 1, as it was said earlier. (Or your post was at page 3, whatever.) Now you shoud complain about inactivity, but then it was stupid.

I forgot to post about Masons:
If masons and scum are all breadcrumbing, then such a breadcrumb doesn't really mean anything. But it can be picked up, that's why I think mason shouldn't breadcrumb. I haven't metaed you, Hiraki, have you played this setup frequently?
Let's put it this way: Masons should breadcrumb only if they are able to do it and tell their crumbs to their partners. I see no harm in breadcrumbing if they can do so subtly.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Hiraki »

I am very concerned with the state of activity in this game (not from us but from everyone else)
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 129, Hiraki wrote:I am very concerned with the state of activity in this game (not from us but from everyone else)
Yes, very much so. This last of reads and content isn't helping us find the scum.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:42 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count:

Skelda(4)
- Dessew, phokdapolees, -Kubbs-, Hiraki
Dessew(3)
- JKLM, Brian Skies, Skelda
Mutleyddmc(1)
- YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira(1)
- Mutleyddmc
Not Voting(3)
- Blue Bonnet, Saki, Metal Sonic

Vote History:

Dessew
- Skelda
JKLM
- Muttley, unvote, Dessew
phokdapolee
s - skelda
YamiNoKira
- Skelda, Dessew, Mutleyddmc
Brian Skies
- Dessew
-Kubbs-
- Saki, Skelda
Skelda
- Dessew, JKLM, Dessew
Mutleyddmc
- JKLM, YamiNoKira
Hiraki
- Skelda

With 12 ALIVE, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline hits on Sunday, September 22, 9:26 PM ((expired on 2013-09-22 21:26:00) remaining)

Mod Notes:

Searching for a replacement for
JKLM
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:16 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

My vote on Mutley is obviously not very useful. I'm half-tempted to just hammer Skelda for D2 reactions, but I'm not that stupid. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it, though. No active player (Skelda/Dessew/Brian Skies (kinda)) is particularly scummy, and votes on inactive players aren't very useful. Meh. I feel like pushing for a lynch since nothing's going on, but we have 9 days and lynching early is generally not seen as pro-town.

Hikari, how confident are you in a Skelda lynch?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Hiraki »

At the moment, pretty well.
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Post by Blue Bonnet »

VOTE: Hiraki
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:42 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

V/LA til Sunday
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Viera Assassin
Viera Assassin
Goon
Viera Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Viera Assassin »

In post 135, DoctorPepper wrote:
V/LA til Sunday
Quick! Throw a party!
Where is my Petalchaser?
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:35 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

VOTE: Viera Assassin
-Kubbs-
-Kubbs-
Townie
-Kubbs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 am

Post by -Kubbs- »

Skelda wrote:I didn't want a bunch of people jumping on him too fast. That makes me uncomfortable.
Why? Putting other people other pressure makes you uncomfortable? How does that make sense to you?
Skelda wrote:That isn't fair. Those were taken out of context. In the second I was trying to explain the first's admittedly poor wording after you all attacked me because of it. I've given my explanation for this many times and I'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Your explanation just doesn't make sense. That's why you're getting pushed on it. The fact that you fail to give a reasonable explanation makes me feel good about my vote.
JKLM wrote:I know it takes away from the pacing to ask a question but, what are the major benefits of being a hydra, as well as downsides? I just want Roget an understanding.
It's always nice to compare reads with someone you know for sure has the same alignment. You also get to see someone elses reasoning in the game and learn from it.
The downside is you may end up having different reads and that is never good.
Hiraki wrote:HUGE POST
I gotta say I skipped a big part of your post. A lot of it seemed like it didn't really matter.
Do you always post like this? Or just on your catchup?
Mutley wrote:Also saki why did you decide to 'replace' out
Why do you ask this when he is already replaced?

I've been very busy this week and will continue to be busy in the upcoming weeks. I'll try and keep up but my post will likely not be very frequent.
Hopefully quality of the content will make up for the quantity.
Hydra of Karnage and StubbsKVM
-Kubbs-
-Kubbs-
Townie
-Kubbs-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 am

Post by -Kubbs- »

that was Stubbs...
Hydra of Karnage and StubbsKVM
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 134, Blue Bonnet wrote:VOTE: Hiraki
Care to explain?
In post 136, Viera Assassin wrote:
V/LA til Sunday
Quick! Throw a party!
You did actually post, so I guess we can't complain, can we? Well, I do.

Yes, breadcrumbing can't harm if it's done subtly enough, but that's really hard to do, I guess.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 138, -Kubbs- wrote:
Skelda wrote:I didn't want a bunch of people jumping on him too fast. That makes me uncomfortable.
Why? Putting other people other pressure makes you uncomfortable? How does that make sense to you?
Maybe it is irrational and that quicklynches rarely happen in practice, but I always feel a little wary about them when people start talking about wagons.
Skelda wrote:That isn't fair. Those were taken out of context. In the second I was trying to explain the first's admittedly poor wording after you all attacked me because of it. I've given my explanation for this many times and I'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Your explanation just doesn't make sense. That's why you're getting pushed on it. The fact that you fail to give a reasonable explanation makes me feel good about my vote.
What about it doesn't make sense?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 140, Dessew wrote:
Care to explain?
V/LA til Sunday
Quick! Throw a party!

Yes, breadcrumbing can't harm if it's done subtly enough, but that's really hard to do, I guess.
If you the Masons won't be capable of it, here's an idea: everyone could breadcrumb, with the Masons telling each other their breadcrumbs. Would that work?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 142, Skelda wrote:
In post 140, Dessew wrote:
Care to explain?
V/LA til Sunday
Quick! Throw a party!

If you the Masons won't be capable of it, here's an idea: everyone could breadcrumb, with the Masons telling each other their breadcrumbs. Would that work?
It's absurd, but it could work. We can only lose a little possibility to find minor scumtells at the end of the game (normally only mason and scum would breadcrumb), but we can save our masons (put them in smaller danger), and they can prove their innocence. That's cool. I iso'd you, you weren't that scummy, my vote stayed on you after #140 only because I couldn't find a better place for it, but now since you came up with an idea that is probably actually helpful for town, it doesn't make any sense to keep ot there whatsoever.

UNVOTE: Skelda
VOTE: Viera

Hi Kubbs!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:56 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

"JKLM hid behind his room, promising never to come out. He grew tired. So unfortunately, the trap door opened. Shame. Oh well, enjoy your new spot. Hope you know what you've gotten into"
Redelphic replaces JKLM effective immediately
Metal Sonic and phokdapolees have been prodded
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 104, DoctorPepper wrote:
Saki's door opens, he too fell down the trap door. For some unknown reason, just as he fell, another person pops up.

Again? Im running out of people here. Weaklings. Well, not to worry, for when Saki left, a mysterious person arrived at the exact same time. Everyone, meet Vierra"

Vierra Assassin replaces Saki, effective immediately
For the sake of flavor, I'm just going to pretend this actually happened.
In post 107, Mutleyddmc wrote:Also saki why did you decide to 'replace' out
If rumors hold true, he didn't.
In post 101, -Kubbs- wrote:that is just the way mutley usually plays from my limited experience with him.

-Karnage-
An RVS vote and an OMGUS. Why are you still condoning this behavior when Saki is in the game.
In post 132, YamiNoKira wrote:My vote on Mutley is obviously not very useful. I'm half-tempted to just hammer Skelda for D2 reactions, but I'm not that stupid. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it, though. No active player (Skelda/Dessew/Brian Skies (kinda)) is particularly scummy, and votes on inactive players aren't very useful. Meh. I feel like pushing for a lynch since nothing's going on, but we have 9 days and lynching early is generally not seen as pro-town.

Hikari, how confident are you in a Skelda lynch?
You need seven votes to hammer.

And voting inactive players can be useful if you provide enough pressure to force them to produce content (i.e. multiple votes).

If you think Skelda is scum, who is her partner? Who isn't her partner? What happens if Skelda flips town? What if she flips scum? I personally can't answer any of these questions, so no, I'm not currently confident in a Skelda lynch.

Also, some of Skelda's posts seem forced from having to explain and re-explain herself. Her posts seem pretty consistent and if she is town, I'm not magically going to expect different answers just because you guys continue to ask the same questions.
Explain. I know notscience is in there. Make your hydra useful or I'm voting you.
In post 138, -Kubbs- wrote:I've been very busy this week and will continue to be busy in the upcoming weeks. I'll try and keep up but my post will likely not be very frequent.
Hopefully quality of the content will make up for the quantity.
As long as your partner makes up for it (and I really do like quality), then this won't become a problem.
In post 141, Skelda wrote:Maybe it is irrational and that quicklynches rarely happen in practice, but I always feel a little wary about them when people start talking about wagons.
There are four mafia in this game and they are on separate teams. In my opinion, this makes larger bandwagons more dangerous. So I agree with Skelda about the wariness.

Plus Saki. Don't ever let Saki have the hammer.
In post 142, Skelda wrote:If you the Masons won't be capable of it, here's an idea: everyone could breadcrumb, with the Masons telling each other their breadcrumbs. Would that work?
Bread-crumbing for the sake of protecting the masons won't work unless everyone is extremely competent. You are talking about two teams of two mafia and a team of three masons. The difference in numbers will just make it easier to sniff out the masons.

@Kubbs: Where is your hydra leaning in terms of reads right now?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, I forgot to move my vote.

VOTE: Mutley
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Redelphic »

Finished reading the thread. I need to read some things over as they were a bit confusing. Sorry for the lack of an avatar, Maestro hacked my computer and now I can't upload one~
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions." ~Leonardo da Vinci~
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 146, Brian Skies wrote:Also, I forgot to move my vote.

What exactly has Mutley done? I don't find him particularly scummy, he hasn't been on my radar much at least.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 148, Skelda wrote:
In post 146, Brian Skies wrote:Also, I forgot to move my vote.

What exactly has Mutley done? I don't find him particularly scummy, he hasn't been on my radar much at least.
Do you think he's scum? Do you think he's town? If you can't answer yes to either question with confidence, then there is something wrong. And this is why I'm voting him. Just because Kubbs wants to condone his actions up to this point based on meta doesn't mean I have.

Return to “Completed Open Games”