Planet: MafiaScum 2 - Winter 2018

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:50 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Elybria reveals documented Mhorkish activity in Arrakis!

Aiming to sow seeds of discontent in the country, the Mhorkish Agent, named Markman Ghaor, was discovered in the Arraki capital by intelligence forces. An open 20-page document details Ghaor's activities in the capital. The spy reportedly handed out thousands of anti-government brochures to the people of Arrakis, aiming to start revolts against the government and create instability, and is suspected to have created a semi-organized group of dissenters to the government. Whether or not they were planning on military action is unknown.
Ghaor and family had been living in The Holy Empire of Mhork for multiple generations. He official occupation from a file 10 years ago states "Government Accountant".
Arrakis officials immediately set out to arrest Ghaor, but his place of residence was abandoned, all possibly relevant documents burned. At the moment he remains at large.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:53 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Put 50M into informing the citizens of who Ghaor is and recommending anybody with information to bring it to the authorities.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:55 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 576, D3f3nd3r wrote:
Put 50M into informing the citizens of who Ghaor is and recommending anybody with information to bring it to the authorities.
We would like to offer our sincere recommendation to strengthen your border patrol.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:00 am

Post by TS »

3B into resources demanded by our economy to become more self-sufficient

0.5B into sea exploration south of Oekezzia (all discovered lands to be claimed by The Silverlands and the Oekezzian pact)

rest into reserves/bank
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 am

3 BIL INDUSTRY
3.2 BIL EDUCATION (Focus on higher level)
2 BIL HEALTHCARE
2 BIL INTELLIGENCE
Last edited by orcinus_theoriginal on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Nexus »

Mhork why did you lie?
Trans rights are human rights.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:21 am

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

In post 580, Nexus wrote:Mhork why did you lie?
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:22 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 581, SalmonellaDreams wrote:
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:23 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 582, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 581, SalmonellaDreams wrote:
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Klazam »

The Council of the People are deeply saddened to hear that our ally is apparently a duplicitous one. They would like to hear the reasons His Holiness might have for this outrage.

High Chancellor Klazam
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:42 am

Post by TS »

The Silverlands are glad they never had anything to do with the slimy ways of Mhorkia and privately suspected there was a sinister wind about the place
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:20 am

[9/16/13 12:18:43 AM] Hal: Our countries constantly engage in trade, right?
[9/16/13 12:18:48 AM] Telnaior: Yes
[9/16/13 12:18:51 AM] Telnaior: You can embargo

Elybria has adopted an embargo of the current Mhork administration indefinitely.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:28 am

Post by TS »

^
The Silverlands would like to also do this and would encourage the rest of the Oekezzian pact to
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:32 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Arrakis will join in the embargo.

Learning from our mistakes as a nation, there will be no consequences for any Mhorkish religion citizen despite the issues between us and their holy land.
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:37 am

Post by TheBadOne »

4B on iron mining
4B on oil mining
1B on industry
1B on education
1B on healthcare
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:38 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

A note on embargoes. They're not particularly effective if only one nation does it, the total effect of an embargo of a nation is determined by whether it's cut off from (most of) the primary suppliers of a resource (in this case the Oekkezian nations for minerals), all suppliers (primaries and those who have it as their secondary resource) and the country's own stock of the resource.

You also might want to put some conditions on lifting the embargo, people tend to not like it when their leaders are starving another nation just because they don't like them.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Magua »

chesskid wrote:No but I would happily receive some private time with a few cute female...dedicated... missionaries
Ah, well, yes, um, there is the slight problem that, ah, with the beards and all, you see, it's quite impolite to ask if someone is male or female around these parts.

As it were.

But we would be, ah, happy to send you a random sampling of 12 individuals, which statistically should contain, ah, worst case scenario, at least two females.

---

In terms of other policy, it is my duty as Urist McUrist to announce Swizzerland's latest budget, to whit:

$3bln to increase mining of Rare Earth minerals:
Or, as we like to refer to it down here underneath the ground, "Looking underneath the couch." Ha ha, a joke.

$3bln to increase mining of Oil:
Ha ha ha, I'm still laughing over my knee splitting former joke. Ahem. Excuse me. No, this is referred to as "Digging a hole." Ha ha, such a comedian.

$3bln to increase our industrial technology:
We've heard great things about these "mining carts" you all have, and would like to incorporate them into our holdings.

Due to the recent allegations of our neighboring country, we are unfortunately required to divert resources into national defense. To whit:
$0.5bln to train soldiers

$0.5bln to devise and put in place fortifications
: Cage traps, spear traps, spinning whirling blade traps, etcetera.

---

Allow me to reiterate at this point that the politics of your overland civilizations are of no concern to us as long as it does not affect us. We remain neutral in this as in all things.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 am

Post by Nexus »

Embargo the Kingdom of Mhork until we are satisfied with his explanation for his sowing of discontent in Arrakis. Inform my countrymen of what has happened and explain that we will relax it as soon as we find a successful compromise.

Mhorkism is still allowed in the country, we just won't trade with the Holy Nation.
Trans rights are human rights.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:57 am

People of Elybria,

We have today found that the Mhorkish Empire has been engaging in activities aiming to sow discontent in the country of Arrakis. This was a result of bravery, of intelligence, and is an instance of the high regard we hold to our inborn social responsibility--not just to Arrakis, but to Gazebo as a whole.

This action will not go unpunished--by us, or by the world. We are committed to the war of peace, an ongoing struggle to maintain the balance between the forces of the world, between our brothers in Oekkezia and abroad.

We will henceforth be undergoing an embargo of the Mhorkish Empire as a result of these circumstances. It is an unfortunate predicament, but Elybria was established in a time of balance, and that will not come to an end on our watch. This will end when the Empire of Mhork agrees to engage in talks between Elybria and all relevant countries as to how they will compensate for their dishonesty.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:01 am

Post by TS »

The citizens of The Silverlands trust the government's decision here due to the high standards of living they have bestowed upon them

They also never liked the goods they imported from
that place
anyway
Last edited by TS on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:04 am

In post 594, TS wrote:The citizens of The Silverlands trust the government's decision here due to the high standards of living they have bestowed upon them

They also never liked the goods they impprted from
that place
anyway
Those damn trinkets
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Arrakis Press Release:

It has come to the Leaders attention that the Empire of Mhork has attempted to convince the people to protest against the government. Because of this, we have established an full trade embargo with their nation. The embargo will remain until further notice.
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:17 am

Post by JDGA »

In post 594, TS wrote:Last edited by TS on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PUBLIC SHAME BRIGADE HAS ARRIVED

Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:56 am

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

Orthel will participate in this embargo until the Kingdom of Mhork provides an adequate explanation for what's happened, or the Kingdom of Mhork pays reparations to Arrakis.

Followers of Mhorkism are still welcome in our country, of course.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

The Mhorkist response

Good morning my fellow world leaders. I am, as you know, the 42nd Lord of Mhork, current theological and political leader of the Holy Empire of Mhork.

These recent activities to which the Elybrians have found evidence were a complete surprise to Me, as well as My staff. We had no plans to take any action in Arrakis. It is true We were greatly vexed when 1 billion marcs were wasted in beginning construction of a Cathedral that then went unbuilt, however I never--I repeat, I never--truly intended to act on this vexation. The honest truth is that, yes, I had placed some high ranking agents in my secret service on a taskforce and gave them a single goal: I wanted to know about the possibility of sowing discontent in Arrakis to aid the Mhorkish believers there who had their hopes lifted then subsequently dashed by a government more concerned with trying to backtrack and cater to the majority even if that meant ignoring previous deals and with no regard for the consequences. I wanted a plan, the cost, the liklihood of discover, and the liklihood of effectiveness. I did not want some half attempt with brochures in order to stir civil disobedience to overturn the government. That would have been counter intuitive to the plan.

The Markman Ghaor, whose true identity will remain confidential for the time being, has been detained indefinitely for charges of Treason as well as for recklessly attempting to stir war between the people of the Holy Empire. There will be a full on inquiry into how he successfully implanted himself into Arrakis, how he successful started his group of dissenters, and how all this occurred without any red flags waving or whistles blowing. As one of my final acts as Lord of Mhork, I will oversee his trial and determine his verdict and possible sentencing, though as you all know the penalties for Treason are excommunication followed by death or life in prison.

We do not know the current location of Markman Ghaor, but if he is found he will be detained to stand trial for treason.

On a more personal note I am truly embarrassed as to how this entire played out and fully humiliated that I lied, albeit unintentionally, to the world stage when I stated that we were not conducting any operations in Arrakis. To the best of my knowledge we were not conducting any operations in Arrakis. I apologize to the world as a whole and to each leader individually who will have to deal with the fallout of this misunderstanding and their responses to it.

Furthermore I wish to give my most heartfelt apologies to the nation of Arrakis who were, of course, worst effected. I confess to a certain distaste towards your nation for their reckless indifference to our prior agreements, however that is irrelevant as of now in wake of what has happened. If there is anything that We can do, reparations or otherwise, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are all brother and sister nations here on Gazebo and must look to the best interest as a whole. I deeply apologize for My actions, and I forgive you for your canceling of Our Cathedral. Perhaps it was indeed the best option for your people. I hope that you can look past this ugly incident and forgive Us the same.

Now I must leave to deal with the agent responsible, but Tor'Kin shall answer each nation directly in response to the embargoes and hostilities.

I thank you for your time and for listening

May the spirit of Mhork bless you all

Good day

~From the desk of the Holy Lord of Mhork

Some editing and Mod stamp of officiality by inspiratieloos.
Last edited by inspiratieloos on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”