NFL Football Thread 2013

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

I may have to start wearing a paper bag on my head to games. Next year better be worth it.

Colts will have a chance at a superbowl season but I think they'll fall short in playoffs

Miami and KC looking like possible wild cards to me. IND and HOU gonna have to fight to get out of their division
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am

Post by AGar »

In post 250, PokerFace wrote:I may have to start wearing a paper bag on my head to games. Next year better be worth it.

Colts will have a chance at a superbowl season but I think they'll fall short in playoffs

Miami and KC looking like possible wild cards to me. IND and HOU gonna have to fight to get out of their division
The fact that you're a Browns fan shouldn't impact your ability to make logical conclusions about the rest of the league...
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 250, PokerFace wrote:I may have to start wearing a paper bag on my head to games. Next year better be worth it.

Its over a year old at this point, but they are still keeping it relevant.

Also Colts aren't even a playoff team, even now maybe just a WC if they get lucky (o/u at 8.5), what are you talking about? Really I could see the Colts being a 6-10 team this year, apart from JAX and maybe TEN, its all respectable teams left for them. Even then TEN could sneak out an 8-8 record. Rams and Cards would be winning teams if they weren't in the division of doom.

AFC sending BALT, DEN, NE, HOU with MIA and KC as wildcards looks like the very solid bet here.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 am

Post by AGar »

In post 252, LlamaFluff wrote:

Its over a year old at this point, but they are still keeping it relevant.

Also Colts aren't even a playoff team, even now maybe just a WC if they get lucky (o/u at 8.5), what are you talking about? Really I could see the Colts being a 6-10 team this year, apart from JAX and maybe TEN, its all respectable teams left for them. Even then TEN could sneak out an 8-8 record.
Rams and Cards would be winning teams
if they weren't in the division of doom.

AFC sending BALT
, DEN, NE, HOU with MIA and KC as wildcards looks like the very solid bet here.
Are you trolling the shit out of us?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:54 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well Rams I could see ending up 8-8 this year, if they didn't have to play SF and SEA two times each I could easily see them with a winning record and a wild card, they have some talent. Cards a bit less but I can see them as a 8-8 team if they didn't play as many hard teams, realistically they are still going to be about a five or six win team this year having played five or six playoff bound teams.

You actually think Bengals are going to beat the Ravens though? Only way that is happening is if Rice misses quite a few games. Neither team is good, but I just cant see the Bengals winning that division.
Co-host of The USL Show
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by AGar »

If Cincy can hold serve and split that home-and-home against the Ravens, I think they have a better shot at the division. Their schedule is notably weaker than Baltimore's (even moreso depending on how you skew Indy). The Ravens already got shellacked by Denver, and they also take on Houston in addition to the similar schedule of NE/GB/DET/CHI (who probably would've been a decent sleeper for the NFC WC in retrospect). I don't like Baltimore this year, I think they have too many gaps.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

But Dalton is still Dalton, not a great QB but good enough to where he isn't going to lose his job in the near future. I don't like BAL or CIN and I think the winner of that division will be 9-7 at best, but I think Ravens beat them out.
Co-host of The USL Show
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

Miami may be 2-0.. but I think you give them too much credit. I dont see them making playoffs.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 258, Benmage wrote:Miami may be 2-0.. but I think you give them too much credit. I dont see them making playoffs.
They look like a nine or ten win team. They have a hard next three games that will show what type of team they are (ATL, @NO, BAL) especially if they had NE before Gronk comes back, I could see then going 5-1 in their division. They beat a bad CLE team and a wild card at best IND team already. ATL is hurt so I would pick them again this week if I was going to bet it would be on them (made a couple hundred off them beating the Colts last week).

Really though what other teams could possibly be WC? KC, Miami, loser of CIN/BAL, IND... I would take KC and Miami as the best two teams in that group. Colts maybe with Richardson but before that trade they had little hope, but 8-2 in one possession games last year with 2-4 in big wins... they are going to drop off.
Co-host of The USL Show
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

They like like a 5 win team. Whether or not they get 9-10 because the NFL is random as hell is another story.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

I can see the next 9 games for Miami all being losses. (yes I stopped at the jets)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 261, Benmage wrote:I can see the next 9 games for Miami all being losses. (yes I stopped at the jets)
They beat BUF and TB. ATL is banged up bad and think they win tomorrow, I can see CIN, SD and CAR being coinflips and then 1-2 against the NE/NO/BAL trio.
Co-host of The USL Show
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 262, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 261, Benmage wrote:I can see the next 9 games for Miami all being losses. (yes I stopped at the jets)
They beat BUF and TB. ATL is banged up bad and think they win tomorrow, I can see CIN, SD and CAR being coinflips and then 1-2 against the NE/NO/BAL trio.
They will not beat Atlanta, Saints, Ravens... so there's 3 losses in a row to bring you back down to earth.

Buffalo coin flip.
NE-Loss
Cin-loss
-At TB... coinflip, I lean to loss.
SD- lean loss
Car-lean loss

I'm not saying that can't get wins out of a couple.. but I wouldn't favor them, and can easily see all 9 of the next teams beating them.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Antihero »

6 sacks and only 56 yards allowed in the first 2.5 quarters...

where was this panther's defense the first two games?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:19 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 264, Antihero wrote:6 sacks and only 56 yards allowed in the first 2.5 quarters...

where was this panther's defense the first two games?
Not playing the Giants.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Antihero »

giant's offense is that bad?

i didn't know that
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Drew Brees is da bessssst
To be clear: quack
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Trevor »

In post 266, Antihero wrote:giant's offense is that bad?

i didn't know that
They were horrendous. No rushing game whatsoever, Eli got coverage sacked a lot and wasn't mobile enough to do much out of the pocket. They looked fairly alive after Wilson got a 30 yd TD immediately after a Panthers muffed punt, but it was called back on an iffy holding call. Giants pretty much did nothing after that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So...Washington and New York are both 0-3. The Eagles are a one win team whose offense isn't looking nearly as good as it was the first game. Meanwhile we have the two and one Cowboys who are playing really really good right now.

I accept your apology, Jake.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 am

I mean they beat the rams and the Giants, idk if I would call that "playing really well"
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So which NFC East team is better?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:34 am

Well obviously on paper the cowboys
Show
Things I've learned.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:09 am

Post by waynegg »

Schaub... :facepalm:
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:40 am

Post by kdowns »