Planet: MafiaScum 2 - Winter 2018

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:35 am

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

TS, your "laws" mean nothing to others. The council will completely ignore any of your rights to colonization. Colonization should be a first come, first serve issue. You can't make a blanket claim on habitable planets.

If you don't drop your claim, I feel we should hold an international meeting on the subject.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:37 am

Post by TS »

well if you ignore laws that isn't going to be doing yourself any favours hmmy hmm?

I'm fine with a meeting but rushing to grab pieces on a basis of physically getting there could lead to rash and myopic decisions
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:18 am

You have no international authority, so we at the council are okay with ignoring your law. We can't just claim land without having an international consensus.

Who else wants to hold a meeting on this issue?
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:19 am

Post by TS »

In post 777, SalmonellaDreams wrote:You have no international authority
The law people I'm paying do.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:25 am

There is no international system in place yet for this, afaik.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 773, Lord Mhork wrote:I don't think you can actually claim legal rights to space colonization. That definitely feels like an international issue worthy of discussion.

Also the Holy Empire would like to make it known that we will begin training a defensive military if the nations of Maeristo Lux and (DiploDC nation) do not answer for their sudden militarization.

~Ambassador Tor'Kin
We could not care less if the "Lord" of Mhork decides to train a defensive army - that is all we in Lux are intending to do at present.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

90.000 is hardly defensive. The Holy Empire has been more than gracious with his holiness Maestro Lux and we would appreciate if he could give the same courtesy. Your inflammatory words seem to seek a rash reaction from us. Why?

The Holy Empire is in favor of an international council. Very much so.

In addition your team of lawyers has no international authority. Planetary colonization is by and large one of the most international issues at hand. You cannot just claim all of space and expect the rest of the world to listen you.

~Ambassador Tor'Kin, Face to the World
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:39 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

A simple calculation to put things in perspective: 10B a turn / 50.000 per reservist * 1 turn to prepare a defence = 200.000 troops.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:40 am

Post by TS »

In post 781, Lord Mhork wrote: In addition your team of lawyers has no international authority. Planetary colonization is by and large one of the most international issues at hand. You cannot just claim all of space and expect the rest of the world to listen you.
Says the one who can't manage their own country and shady operatives

I'm not claiming all of space. That's an insulting exaggeration. And my lawyers do have international authority because they are international lawyers. I don't see anyone else proposing how to sort out this agenda and until I brought up this issue you were all fine to play finders keepers/everyman for themselves

hmmy hmm pot calling kettle hmm
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Maestro »

We stand with the Lord of Mhork on this issue but dismiss the call for an international meeting on the subject. Humanity must seek its peace and light wherever it will; no nation of humankind has the right to impede upon any other nation's search for that peace. Very simply, no meeting is needed. TS's claim is rejected by humanity's very nature.

Edit/Addition Upon Receiving Further Communication Midway: "[...] You were all fine to play finders keepers/everyman for themselves" - indeed we were. That is exactly how it should be. Follow your own path - if it leads in all directions, so be it, but actually FOLLOW it. Claims mean nothing.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 am

Post by TS »

In post 784, Maestro wrote:"[...] You were all fine to play finders keepers/everyman for themselves" - indeed we were
so you're basically dismissing co-operation and rather we all fight for scraps?

That's stupidly short-sighted. If someone lands on every planet first they shouldn't get to keep them all. Without co-operation there are no rules and this is all mindless. If we are all competing against each other then we all waste resources by antagonistic and competing factors. It's inherently myopic not to reason out a protocol and section pieces out to prevent inevitable arguments in the future. The Silverlands expected more of a society which is supposed to live in the modern age and not of troglodyte game theory

(ftr humanity doesn't apply to lawyers by definition)

Invest remaining funds of the round into space technology, fuel cells, land reclamation and satellite tests.

Begin an import convergence into Oekezzian autarky
Last edited by TS on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:05 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Invest 2.5B in space technology and a project to get a satellite outside Gazebo within 12 months.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

You know we're getting rather annoyed with constant slights and insults. The Holt Empire has been nothing but open and generous and receive nothing but pointed comments and insults. Speaking of troglodytic insults, Mr. TS.

Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 774, TS wrote:
In post 771, inspiratieloos wrote:
In post 769, TS wrote:1B on subterranean terraforming
I'm kind of interested in what you actually intend to happen here.
Since the Southern lands do not contain great hidden vast expanses, The Silverlands thinks expansion may have to be in a vertical direction.
So... You want to build underground cities?
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am

Post by TS »

In post 787, Lord Mhork wrote:You know we're getting rather annoyed with constant slights and insults. The Holt Empire has been nothing but open and generous and receive nothing but pointed comments and insults. Speaking of troglodytic insults, Mr. TS.

I'm sure the "Holt Empire" has been open in some senses, but seeing as you were caught in illict spying tactics and we are the only nation to have given up all agents/operatives, we're really tired of you thinking you have some sort of moral high ground.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:57 am

Post by JasonWazza »

a) Lawyers can't do shit, if we as leaders all agree on a way, then lawyers can't do fuck all about it, cause it becomes a point where we can all just smash whatever player doesn't obey.
b) This is a stupid argument to be having in such a stupid way right now, you can't guarantee getting anything up there any time soon.
c) TS stop being a tool.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by Bowser »

5B into education

More later
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by TS »

In post 790, JasonWazza wrote:cause it becomes a point where we can all just smash whatever player doesn't obey.
Mindless. Forgot this game was set in Orwellian 1984
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Well you're the one attempting to impose rules on the rest of us.

And you hardly have the moral high ground. Of all the nations that still have agents, how many are you embargoing? And it still wasn't my agent, as I have been saying. Our moral high ground comes from open honesty and attempting to create a peaceful world where we can all coexist.

Also fuck off my phone won't correct holt to holy when I start it capitalized. >.<
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by TS »

In post 793, Lord Mhork wrote:Well you're the one attempting to impose rules on the rest of us.

And you hardly have the moral high ground. Of all the nations that still have agents, how many are you embargoing? And it still wasn't my agent, as I have been saying. Our moral high ground comes from open honesty and attempting to create a peaceful world where we can all coexist.

Also fuck off my phone won't correct holt to holy when I start it capitalized. >.<
shrug. I don't see how you can be any more interested in a peaceful world than by getting rid of all your agents and soldiers. So it's just ignorant you say that I'm not into peace. Do your homework. But yeah, I'm not imposing rules. Let's actually have a world conference as I've been saying from the start and straighten out issues of the planets which are clearly important "plot devices"

And chill dude. It's just a game. No need to have a fit
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Fuck off wasn't serious. Sarcasm does not convey on the internet. I rarely swear seriously outside of mafia.

I'd love a world conference, but we can't seem to decide on a fair location. And I'm still one of the nations with no military. I don't see you embargoing or even talking to Maestro or DiplomatDC for their blatant aggressive militarization.

Speaking of which, His Holiness would like it known that, while He would rather not begin a terrible arms race, if Maestro Lux does not begin demilitarization, we will be forced to begin militarization of our own. 20.000 reservists should be more than enough for a basic defense contingent. 90.000 is absurd.

We want a peaceful world. This is true. However you still ask us to completely disarm ourselves when Elybria still is militarized with an apparently strong intelligence network. The Mushroom Kingdom still has a grotesquely large intelligence budget that still has not been addressed. Maeristo has an enormous military. Mechanica Terram is currently researching advanced weaponry and robotic soldiers. Topos has a strong military and one of the only two that are capable of a surprise attack.

You are not pursuing these points. Instead you are intensely focused on the Holy Empire. You are not neutral on this matter. You have no moral high ground. You are not avoiding taking sides. If you want to be truly neutral, attack these nations for their efforts to disrupt the peace of the world or stop harping on the Holy Empire.

In addition there are still embargoes on the Holy Empire which go unresolved in spite of any real rationale. If you maintain an embargo on the Holy Empire, why?

Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by TS »

tbh I don't think embargoes are even that potent at all. There isn't a balance of imports account so I just assume trade diversion is automatic, thus making anything but universal embargoes pretty much pointless. And I don't think anyone deserves that right now.

unembargo Mhork

w/r/t 'fair locations' I couldn't care less where it is anymore as long as 'it is'. A HQ on any country is better than no HQ at all. I'm not even convinced we need a physical location either. We're all talking now without the same geographic location.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

True enough, but a symbolic building to represent world unity would do wonders for the world at large, would it not?

So I know our national rivalry extends almost a year now, but is there an actual reason we can't work together. The Holy Empire is still a rather strong economy, in spite of our theological roots, and you seem keen on strong trade partners, are you not?

Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
TS
TS
Watcher
TS
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by TS »

Eh fine. Like I say I'm not fussed where is is anymore as long as it's made so co-operative projects can be done and it isn't just a short-sighted scramble for anything exhaustible.

Is there any tangible advantages to these trading deals? I know it's a nice fluffy principle, but at the end of the day my national income each round is pretty much the same. And I suspect imports are managed in magical ways anyways. I never get to see the books that balance what comes from where.

In the very long term I would hope to eliminate transport costs on trade and make Oekezzia mainly self-sufficient for anything it can physically produce using the Ricardian theory of comparative advantage. I'd like to make the most of both our new transport links and our Islandy-ness.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”